Please post the new armor sets as direct sale on the CM

Starryl

I was very disappointed to find out that the new armor sets are not in direct sale and are instead in Ultimate Cartel Packs. The Freelance Hunter and Charismatic Mandalorian are amazing sets that I would love to purchase, but it seems they'll be extremely expensive on the GTN if they are only obtainable through the Ultimate Cartel Pack. The rng in getting those sets is basically impossible considering they contain every item in the CM.

Bioware I beg you, please add them on direct sale.

Yes I agree I do not mind spending money on cartel coins but I do not like the RNG on the ultimate packs but i prefer it when the packs that came out contain all the new items.

Gradual rollout, man. Typical business tactic that I see here. If they bloat cm with everything people will buy only coolest items. If they roll out worse things first people may buy them and then more coins when cool stuff shows up.

It is not a 'business tactic' but a 'CON job'. Supply and Demand.

If they would at least go back to their old system of hypercrates awarding new items that would make them more obtainable, but placing them in the Ultimate Cartel Packs where every item ever available in the CM is part of the loot table makes these super rare. I thought that these new hypercrates meant that Bioware was heading towards the route of everything being in direct sale and no rng.

In any case I hope they'll be placed later on in the week as direct sale and not six months down the line. :(

They will...eventually. If you want it now, gamble on it. That's why they do it this way.

They put all the new items from the last batch of new Cartel items up for direct sale (except the decorations because they keep forgetting them). In fact, they're all STILL up for direct sale. That seemed to be the deal they were making with us, now that they're selling nothing but Ultimate packs and Bronze/Gold/Silver RNG boxes. But now they want us to play the worst odds they've ever had, since the Ultimate packs have a tiny chance of even giving you ONE new item in them rather than more old unsellable trash.

That's why people are upset about this. They liked how they did the last CM update, but now EA is backtracking yet again because they have learned nothing from all the bad press they've already received about gambling boxes.

item's that are new, and in packs don't normally go on direct sale for awhile. Have patience, and they'll be put up in time.

Except that they said with the last round of new items that came out that they were going to be putting new pack items up for direct sale along with being part of the ultimate packs. Apparently it only took them one patch cycle to break that deal. Clearly no one there knows what they want to do or how to do anything correctly anymore.

Yes I agree I do not mind spending money on cartel coins but I do not like the RNG on the ultimate packs but i prefer it when the packs that came out contain all the new items.

Then buy the items from others on the GTN. Oh.. wait.. don't have the credits?... no problem.. since you self admit to not minding buying CCs.... the do so... buy some popular items in the CM.. and resell them on the GTN.. collect the credits, and then go shopping. ;)

Except that they said with the last round of new items that came out that they were going to be putting new pack items up for direct sale along with being part of the ultimate packs. Apparently it only took them one patch cycle to break that deal. Clearly no one there knows what they want to do or how to do anything correctly anymore.

^^ Proof?

I recall them stating that they would put more items on direct sale from older packs, and that some new items would simply go direct sale and never actually be sourced in packs (except maybe for chance cubes which could contain anything).

Edited by Andryah

Then buy the items from others on the GTN. Oh.. wait.. don't have the credits?... no problem.. since you self admit to not minding buying CCs.... the do so... buy some popular items in the CM.. and resell them on the GTN.. collect the credits, and then go shopping. ;)

Except I have all the credits but why I should I pay for some thing that was promised to me already? and why should I pay for it at such inflated prices if they had put them in the packs like they use too? Please I've played the market long enough to know exactly whats going to happen.

They put all the new items from the last batch of new Cartel items up for direct sale (except the decorations because they keep forgetting them). In fact, they're all STILL up for direct sale. That seemed to be the deal they were making with us, now that they're selling nothing but Ultimate packs and Bronze/Gold/Silver RNG boxes. But now they want us to play the worst odds they've ever had, since the Ultimate packs have a tiny chance of even giving you ONE new item in them rather than more old unsellable trash.

That's why people are upset about this. They liked how they did the last CM update, but now EA is backtracking yet again because they have learned nothing from all the bad press they've already received about gambling boxes.

A one time event =/= a trend, nor a guarantee.

Mind you.. I don't care one way or the other because I buy everything off the GTN (so it matters not to me how they were sourced).... but I do understand that there is a lot of player reaching and preaching here about making things direct sale. The fallacy being..... any way you look at it... that costs more than simply shopping off the GTNs (and don't give me the I don't have the credits.. excuse.. because if you would spend CCs to buy items direct, then you can also buy items with CCs and resell them for credits on the very same GTN.. and then buy whatever you desire with the proceeds).

Edited by Andryah

• Dev Post
I was very disappointed to find out that the new armor sets are not in direct sale and are instead in Ultimate Cartel Packs. The Freelance Hunter and Charismatic Mandalorian are amazing sets that I would love to purchase, but it seems they'll be extremely expensive on the GTN if they are only obtainable through the Ultimate Cartel Pack. The rng in getting those sets is basically impossible considering they contain every item in the CM.

Bioware I beg you, please add them on direct sale.

I can tell you that both of those items will be going up for direct sale in the coming weeks (I don't have exact timing right now). Although you can try to get them in the Ultimate Pack if you choose, the items that got added in 5.9 will roll out to the Market as direct sale over time, so you can just purchase what you want if you prefer.

Thanks!

-eric

I can tell you that both of those items will be going up for direct sale in the coming weeks (I don't have exact timing right now). Although you can try to get them in the Ultimate Pack if you choose, the items that got added in 5.9 will roll out to the Market as direct sale over time, so you can just purchase what you want if you prefer.

Thanks!

-eric

Oooou, thanks!! Looking forward to it.:D:D

Thanks!

-eric

What about the Tulak Hord lightsaber and the companion droid?

Thanks!

-eric

^^ See... the patient can and will have their needs met.

Of course this is not good enough for the impatient though.. right?

From Erics... comment.... it looks like they are shortening the time gap between pack or direct sale.... to weeks rather than months.

Thanks!

-eric

Thank you for responding, and I will be looking forward to seeing them on the CM. You guys did a great job with these new items! :)

Thanks!

-eric

Okay, that's nice to know. I'll wait for the direct sale. Thanks for the message!

Thanks!

-eric

Does that include the other two deco bundles? And what about the personnel decos, that appeared in our deco list as coming from "plunderer pack" (which was probably wrong, since that was an old pack) like the hutt crime boss, who are now removed from that list?

Thanks!

-eric

Now that's a real EA answer seriously why no direct sales now? Why would we need to wait weeks? Good thing I haven't bought CC no way I don't want to buy a Cartel Pack with not at least 1 items of the supposed pack if would have at least guarantee at least 1 items per pack that is coming from that pack I would have considered it but now sorry Bioware I can't take your defenses anymore

Why do you have to wait weeks? So Bioware can cash in on the impatient folks buying hypercrates instead, duh.

Yep. Unfortunately for EA, I gave up buying Cartel Packs years and years ago, because they became more and more of a ripoff over time. The Ultimate Packs are the biggest ripoff of them all, since you aren't even guaranteed a single new item. So now that I know there will be a direct sale, I'll just wait for that.

Edited by AscendingSky

Thanks!

-eric

Called it.

I don't get how they decided to sell directly the bronze items and the weapons there's 1 pet and 1 armor set available for purchase but not the rest of the items I thought after the success of the direct sells items of last time they would keep it that way

Oh and for all the people who are saying that "if you are ready to spend CC then spend it on other items and then sells then" I think what people meant by "not minding to spend CC" is they don't mind spending CC on items they want or at least on packs that contains at least 1 new items not on old items

Edited by KevinSaku