Impossible to gain rating in ranked unless you cheat or exploit. Please address.

Talon_strikes

One thing is for sure the 5.9.2 matchmaking will definitely improve the ranked que in terms of balance. This way you can que rep side on DM with the possibility to be in team with imps so sync que will become harder. Until they figure out a way to jinx it. The guys on DM already have many tricks on how to sync que to end up in same match together by using toons with low rating and boosting a friend etc.

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

One thing is for sure the 5.9.2 matchmaking will definitely improve the ranked que in terms of balance. This way you can que rep side on DM with the possibility to be in team with imps so sync que will become harder. Until they figure out a way to jinx it. The guys on DM already have many tricks on how to sync que to end up in same match together by using toons with low rating and boosting a friend etc.

It won't improve anything....

Bottom line is that there is a big skill gap between ranked players and this what is causing all these rants about inability to climb which is real and normal. The fact that ranked is dead and will be even more dead next season will make things worse because bad players won't be matched with bads, and avarage players won't be matched with avarage. In a normal world everyone should play vs and with players of similar skill. This broken solo ranked matchmaking that Bioware will never fix cannot make even groups as there aren't many in Que.

There are a lot of decent players queing but they just can't compete with those who are topping the boards every year. They lack experience and they started a few years too late.

This is like you making a sofware developer company and after one year you expect to compete with microsoft.

Doesn't matter what you do. Bronze, Silver is real, but gold ? No way... those who are playing ranked since forever will always be better than you.

I've accepted that I will never get anything out of ranked.. Started last season and some people who are in it for years outplay me no matter what and catching up is simply not possible now.

Also, another massive game breaker is the fact that there won't any arenas in regs soon unless there aren't enough to make 8v8 groups.

So how the ******* is anyone supposed to practice for Arena type PVP ? ONLY in ranked sadly,which will just create frustration again and toxicity towards newbies.

Edited by DavidAtkinson

Bottom line is that there is a big skill gap between ranked players and this what is causing all these rants about inability to climb which is real and normal. The fact that ranked is dead and will be even more dead next season will make things worse because bad players won't be matched with bads, and avarage players won't be matched with avarage. In a normal world everyone should play vs and with players of similar skill. This broken solo ranked matchmaking that Bioware will never fix cannot make even groups as there aren't many in Que.

There are a lot of decent players queing but they just can't compete with those who are topping the boards every year. They lack experience and they started a few years too late.

This is like you making a sofware developer company and after one year you expect to compete with microsoft.

Doesn't matter what you do. Bronze, Silver is real, but gold ? No way... those who are playing ranked since forever will always be better than you.

I've accepted that I will never get anything out of ranked.. Started last season and some people who are in it for years outplay me no matter what and catching up is simply not possible now.

Also, another massive game breaker is the fact that there won't any arenas in regs soon unless there aren't enough to make 8v8 groups.

So how the ******* is anyone supposed to practice for Arena type PVP ? ONLY in ranked sadly,which will just create frustration again and toxicity towards newbies.

From the latest info the Rishi Stronghold will be a PVP SH where you can even setup Huttball matches so I guess that will be the best practice for PVP you can get. If you manage to get people there ofc. Arenas will not pop at all I guess, unless there are too little people in que (what ever that will be), so yeah, you only get to learn arenas in ranked, which sucks.

Ranked is not dead it just has its phases. The pops start at season start, then mid season and then when they announce rewards. The Top people are top cause they all know eachother on the given server and know when who plays and when who farms the avg/bads, thats sadly how it is.

i know the first mara this season. he's a good friend and i can say you he's a legit player so it's possible!

stop crying, go training.

:eek: man, you are so much better than Boyd, so determined and so imaginative, "a legit wz winner&champion"...you sure make Disney proud...

...this reminds me of the prank I fell for initially, it was in one of the class guides: a link to a site where one could test and practice to improve the reaction time on the click :D

...but although Bioware did changed a lot in the program, there is a key feature untouched since the beginning: that is APM= less then 1/sec > only through cheating one gets above 45 Ability-Per-Minute on the dummy, but no kind of "good"&"legit" player ever could ... + Bioware proved/advertised via a sufficient number of streaming how some of Bioware staff does "play" the game > and they do click not faster than an old retired moves his cane to take next step! yet cheaters prove all the time that the program can carry/function more APM than now...

...so if "it's possible", you "stop" lying, "go training" to increase the APM for the true "legit player" !

Edited by Marmeladix

From the latest info the Rishi Stronghold will be a PVP SH where you can even setup Huttball matches so I guess that will be the best practice for PVP you can get. If you manage to get people there ofc. Arenas will not pop at all I guess, unless there are too little people in que (what ever that will be), so yeah, you only get to learn arenas in ranked, which sucks.

Ranked is not dead it just has its phases. The pops start at season start, then mid season and then when they announce rewards. The Top people are top cause they all know eachother on the given server and know when who plays and when who farms the avg/bads, thats sadly how it is.

... which just reinforces my belief that a lot depends on what's your reputation in pvp community and are you or are you not part of the " elite club" of pvpers on your server.

If you have a bad reputation in the community, you won't really achieve much on a competitive level because they will always focus you first and being focused means DEATH and please don't start with the " well u kite" BS because no matter what kind of a kiter god u are, u will never be able to survivee being focused properly. It helps here if you play some broken retarded class like merc sniper..

And if you aren't part of the elite club, you will be always out of the loop because those people know each other and if you are somehow matched with and against them guess who will be their main focus ? top players never focus each other.;)

And bottom line again. Low population means lop sided matches and avarage players will stay avarage, bads will be bads and the leaderboard leaders won't ever be challanged.

Edited by DavidAtkinson

This thread is mostly a meme but this is a good post. Someone actually evaluating their own relative skill/experience and correlating it to a rating outcome. Most bronze/silver players tend to think there’s a conspiracy against them, that all the top players operate as a cabal and if only their teammates weren’t always so bad they’d be top 3. In solos if you can win 1v2s, herd the cats on your team into a basic strat, q frequently and in general carry harder than the best player on the other team, you’ll be gold tier +, legitimately. If not, then you won’t. If you engage in shenanigans to boost your rating past your skill level (particularly 2k+) you are food for the legit players and it all works out. At least before queue dropping was a thing.

A lot of people game the group ranked system so rating isn’t as good of an indicator there, but the 8-12 top players know who each other are and know who their main competition is.

People have to be realistic about the fact that top players have years of experience playing competitively when this game was at its peak. There’s really no way the vast majority of newer players will catch up at this point, especially in group ranked. That’s just the way it is when a games been out for this long. Play games, try to improve, don’t blame others for your shortcomings and you’ll more or less earn a rating that reflects your skill and activity level.

Ultimately, it’s just a game and fun/competitive matches should be prioritized over rating but that’s another issue with this community entirely and unlikely to ever change.

Edited by EnzoForMe

... which just reinforces my belief that a lot depends on what's your reputation in pvp community and are you or are you not part of the " elite club" of pvpers on your server.

If you have a bad reputation in the community, you won't really achieve much on a competitive level because they will always focus you first and being focused means DEATH and please don't start with the " well u kite" BS because no matter what kind of a kiter god u are, u will never be able to survivee being focused properly. It helps here if you play some broken retarded class like merc sniper..

And if you aren't part of the elite club, you will be always out of the loop because those people know each other and if you are somehow matched with and against them guess who will be their main focus ? top players never focus each other.;)

And bottom line again. Low population means lop sided matches and avarage players will stay avarage, bads will be bads and the leaderboard leaders won't ever be challanged.

Which was exactly my problem, where people deliberately lost the match when they seen me in the team. There was on time when i got into a synced group of 3 ppl and they vote kicked me in 2 warzones, which caused me to lose 32 rating. Yes, its hard when the server is against you.

This thread is mostly a meme but this is a good post. Someone actually evaluating their own relative skill/experience and correlating it to a rating outcome. Most bronze/silver players tend to think there’s a conspiracy against them, that all the top players operate as a cabal and if only their teammates weren’t always so bad they’d be top 3. In solos if you can win 1v2s, herd the cats on your team into a basic strat, q frequently and in general carry harder than the best player on the other team, you’ll be gold tier +, legitimately. If not, then you won’t. If you engage in shenanigans to boost your rating past your skill level (particularly 2k+) you are food for the legit players and it all works out. At least before queue dropping was a thing.

A lot of people game the group ranked system so rating isn’t as good of an indicator there, but the 8-12 top players know who each other are and know who their main competition is.

People have to be realistic about the fact that top players have years of experience playing competitively when this game was at its peak. There’s really no way the vast majority of newer players will catch up at this point, especially in group ranked. That’s just the way it is when a games been out for this long. Play games, try to improve, don’t blame others for your shortcomings and you’ll more or less earn a rating that reflects your skill and activity level.

Ultimately, it’s just a game and fun/competitive matches should be prioritized over rating but that’s another issue with this community entirely and unlikely to ever change.

It is more or less the same with team ranked. When mats were added not \long after merge there were a LOT of teams in que on DM server.Decent ppl like me who are catching up had a very good chance at getting at least bronze. I climbed up to 1299 by playing with friends but as the nr. of teams decreased so was the competition. Games were getting more an more lopsided and we were getting 2k teams frequently.

My bottom line here: At this moment if you dont have a proper team , you won't get much out of TR. Sadly my friends prolly stopped and I was left with randoms from fleet.

I asked myself the question: Why do I keep playing ranked ? And the answer was: I want the rewards at end season. So i dropped my obsession for shiny elo flairs and kep queing without worrying about the outcome. Was much more enjoyable. Am close to 200k S9 tokens so.. am on track. :rolleyes: Have a broken R hand pinky so playing now is difficult.

This thread is mostly a meme but this is a good post. Someone actually evaluating their own relative skill/experience and correlating it to a rating outcome. Most bronze/silver players tend to think there’s a conspiracy against them, that all the top players operate as a cabal and if only their teammates weren’t always so bad they’d be top 3.

While I completely agree with everything you've said, there is an actual cabal operating on DM. Few players queue almost every day and decide which team wins. The tricky part is that they're actually good, which makes winning against them in the same team very unlikely (especially with the sudden influx of 230 geared players). If they're separated, someone will play blatantly bad and basically throw the game.

I obviously will not name anyone because I still have some respect for them (LUL) and naming is also prohibited (LUL x2). They're kind of well known even outside of DM though.

Not saying it's impossible to get rating, but if you want to hit gold from scratch on DM (right now) you gotta be exceptionally talented at this game.

Edited by DerSchneider

While I completely agree with everything you've said, there is an actual cabal operating on DM. Few players queue almost every day and decide which team wins. The tricky part is that they're actually good, which makes winning against them in the same team very unlikely (especially with the sudden influx of 230 geared players). If they're separated, someone will play blatantly bad and basically throw the game.

I obviously will not name anyone because I still have some respect for them (LUL) and naming is also prohibited (LUL x2).

Well, thank you for confirming this Herr Schneider. I did say it multiple times, its simple to do this. The fact that the solo ranked que is very low in certain times gives them the space they need to do this. They know the que system, they know how to end up in same teams (its actually easy when you que a zillion times like they do). Its not hard to figure that if you are boosting a 2k guy that you use your trash alts with 1000 rating and you either end up with him in group, which, when you win gives him good elo as he won with a group where players had low elo and if he is against then as you said "he plays bad but not too obviously bad". No one will ever know.

I am therefore glad the matchmaking changes are coming, you can then que rep side and get into group with imps. Naturally they will still be able to control the ranked scene on DM, but at least you might get a chance to gain some rating. The issue was also the late night premades rep side where 4 friends que rep side and basically all end up in the same match as no one is in que rep side at 1 am. The samething works on Star Forge imp side (the whole server is rep dominated).

Anyway, what you said is also true, they are good players, very good actually, which makes it even more sad that they still resolve to this kind of behavior.

Which was exactly my problem, where people deliberately lost the match when they seen me in the team. There was on time when i got into a synced group of 3 ppl and they vote kicked me in 2 warzones, which caused me to lose 32 rating. Yes, its hard when the server is against you.

It really is a sad situation when that happens.

I found in the past to stay completely anonymous and not let anyone know who I am. When I played solo ranked back then, I would stay out of a guild and never show my legacy name. I also kept quiet and let others do all the talking and if I did have to talk, I was as nice as pie so people didn’t feel the need to argue. A lot of the time, this kept me off the toxic radar (not always). I never used my group ranked (guilded) Alt in solo ranked.

Flying under the radar used to be the best policy. But Ranked is so toxic now and has a much smaller community, so I dont know how successful that would be now. I don’t play ranked since the server moves and the toxicity of it now and cheating means I won’t step into it.

One thing you could do is test out my idea. Roll another Alt of the same class before the next season. Get them to 70 and switch your gear to them in legacy Armor.

The hardest thing for most people is keeping their mouths shut when people are talking trash or flaming them. Even on the fleet you have to dial it down a lot and be everyone’s darling or it will give you away.

If you can do that, you will be able to see if the idea works or not.

Well, thank you for confirming this Herr Schneider. I did say it multiple times, its simple to do this. The fact that the solo ranked que is very low in certain times gives them the space they need to do this. They know the que system, they know how to end up in same teams (its actually easy when you que a zillion times like they do). Its not hard to figure that if you are boosting a 2k guy that you use your trash alts with 1000 rating and you either end up with him in group, which, when you win gives him good elo as he won with a group where players had low elo and if he is against then as you said "he plays bad but not too obviously bad". No one will ever know.

I am therefore glad the matchmaking changes are coming, you can then que rep side and get into group with imps. Naturally they will still be able to control the ranked scene on DM, but at least you might get a chance to gain some rating. The issue was also the late night premades rep side where 4 friends que rep side and basically all end up in the same match as no one is in que rep side at 1 am. The samething works on Star Forge imp side (the whole server is rep dominated).

Anyway, what you said is also true, they are good players, very good actually, which makes it even more sad that they still resolve to this kind of behavior.

I wonder if gear match making will make it into ranked, like regs is supposed to be getting. This would also have an impact if those elo 1000 players still had on 248 augmented gear.

There’s really no way the vast majority of newer players will catch up at this point, especially in group ranked. That’s just the way it is when a games been out for this long. Play games, try to improve, don’t blame others for your shortcomings and you’ll more or less earn a rating that reflects your skill and activity level.

Here's where I disagree. Skill just takes time and experience. Most of these bronze/silver rated players are complaining after 1 year of solo ranked? Hell, my first year in ranked was a **** fest. My second year wasn't better. My third year was finally decent. And only in my 4th year am I doing exceptionally well.

Here's where I disagree. Skill just takes time and experience. Most of these bronze/silver rated players are complaining after 1 year of solo ranked? Hell, my first year in ranked was a **** fest. My second year wasn't better. My third year was finally decent. And only in my 4th year am I doing exceptionally well.

For once we agree 100%. Skill takes time to build up and some people have been playing the game for 6 years and others have only jumped into ranked this season.

I know years ago I thought for a long time I should be getting better ELO because I considered myself a good player. But as you play the game more and for longer, you start to realise you still have a lot to learn. It’s when that realisation hits you, that you can really start to become a better player.

I look back at those days and have a little laugh at what I thought I knew about being good. It’s only time and practice that hones your skills.

Of course some people do learn faster and some learn slower and some just have subipidly amazing natural abilities (they are vary rare individuals, even though most people like to think they fall into this category).

Still, there is plenty of cheating and behaviours on different servers that skew the results even if you are good or bad.

There’s really no way the vast majority of newer players will catch up at this point, especially in group ranked.

Actually, group ranked is the one poping the most so if the new catch up, it will certainly be in group ranked!

Actually, group ranked is the one poping the most so if the new catch up, it will certainly be in group ranked!

It will still take time to improve skill. 1 season isn’t enough for the vast majority to get to close to the skill lvl of people who’ve been playing for years against better people.

Sadly, people want it instantly and expect it. Which means lots won’t stick around to get better.

It will still take time to improve skill. 1 season isn’t enough for the vast majority to get to close to the skill lvl of people who’ve been playing for years against better people.

Sadly, people want it instantly and expect it. Which means lots won’t stick around to get better.

What I meant is the many mat farmer groups that are in que. Those are easily beaten and you get free elo from that. After 2-3 weeks of farming mat farmer groups you can be sitting on a 2k rating.

What I meant is the many mat farmer groups that are in que. Those are easily beaten and you get free elo from that. After 2-3 weeks of farming mat farmer groups you can be sitting on a 2k rating.

If your team is decently rated 1.2k +, you will rarely get vs mat groups. You need players with trash 900 ratings to match up against noobs.

When i was with friends we were getting 2k teams.:p

When I say new players I mean someone that joined the game in Season 8/9. 4 years is plenty of time to become a good player if you go about it the right way.

I obviously will not name anyone because I still have some respect for them (LUL) and naming is also prohibited (LUL x2). They're kind of well known even outside of DM though.

Not saying it's impossible to get rating, but if you want to hit gold from scratch on DM (right now) you gotta be exceptionally talented at this game.

I can’t speak for DM since I play NA but I know you’re active over there so you’ll have a better idea than I on the ranked environment. NA isn’t without shenanigans but certainly none as overt or impactful as what you’ve outlined.

Edited by EnzoForMe

since I have zero respect for them and only a little more for the forum rules: he's talking about lyala and his friends, that guild called q sync

• 2 weeks later...

The thing is you have to cheat or game the system to climb consistently.

In regards to gaming the system, that means queing at the beginning of the season in which the first 3 or 4 weeks has the most activity in order for better chances to climb. If you que beyond the 4 week honeymoon threshold you'll deal with all of the memes and players that have no business in ranked and it'll be impossible to climb. Making friends and queing when they que in hopes of getting them and que dodging your higher-rated enemies (easier for tanks and healers) are also other methods of gaming the system.