Impossible to gain rating in ranked unless you cheat or exploit. Please address.

Talon_strikes

Talking about that wintrading ring on DM seems to have made that other thread go “poof” and it’s gone.:rolleyes:

Had a match tonight where some wintrader was advertising in matches that on ********** they will have a Black Friday sale to WinTrade on SF. Sadly some people in my team were excited about it :mad:

This is bad news and I hope Bioware pay attention and ban those involved.

If it's that bad, then it doesn't really matter anymore whether I would go into these matches as bad as I am, doesn't it ? :D

I mean, if it's really thart bad, then we could invite really *everyone*, because rating doesn't really matter anymore.

This corruption is making the rating more and more worthless.

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 week away from the new season and nothing has been said or done. Bioware pls address.

Maybe they are using it as a honey pot to catch/tag all the perpetrators before the next season. (We can hope)

Then when season 9 ends, all those caught get their ratings reduced to zero and those under them get boosted in ratings. (Best solution). In the future, those caught could then be on a watch list to constantly double check their ratings in season 10.

• 2 weeks later...
I'm going to be emailing Keith this weekend and give him a comprehensive list on all the known backfillers and exploiters on the leaderboards, and those with high elo who are suspected for further investigation. I will also warn him of characters that have been deleted after being exploited on and being restored just before the end of the season to circumvent being surveilled. Edited by Talon_strikes

They will definitely be taking some action. This season it has become too much and too evident. The PVP community grew so small that its too obvious when people cheat. Even the "professional" cheaters that hide it are obvious now.

I'm going to be emailing Keith this weekend and give him a comprehensive list on all the known backfillers and exploiters on the leaderboards, and those with high elo who are suspected for further investigation. I will also warn him of characters that have been deleted after being exploited on and being restored just before the end of the season to circumvent being surveilled.

Yes please email Keith and Eric musco and Also at Twitter. Tell them about Darth Malgus and guild Q-SYNC at REP SIDE using exploits and hack all the time

I'm going to be emailing Keith this weekend and give him a comprehensive list on all the known backfillers and exploiters on the leaderboards, and those with high elo who are suspected for further investigation. I will also warn him of characters that have been deleted after being exploited on and being restored just before the end of the season to circumvent being surveilled.

Good idea. I’ve been discussing other cheating things with him and he has been forth coming with some interesting feed back to me ;)

He really appreciates any substantive info you can provide.

Good idea. I’ve been discussing other cheating things with him and he has been forth coming with some interesting feed back to me ;)

He really appreciates any substantive info you can provide.

I don't suppose you've spoken to him about some of the incredibly active people in the PVP forums who've been flying around in solo ranked or queueing into bots to get top 3's?

I don't suppose you've spoken to him about some of the incredibly active people in the PVP forums who've been flying around in solo ranked or queueing into bots to get top 3's?

I’ve not been playing solo ranked, so I’ve not had any info to offer him. But never fear, I believe there might be hope yet.

• 2 weeks later...

Don't think I'm going to renew my sub. The quality of ranked is abhorrent, to say the least. Trolls, throwers, and PvE mat farmers galore this season. You think it can never get any worse - but it does. Impossible to climb but idc at this point. I think it's pretty clear that BW will let cheaters, trolls, and mat farmers run amok without any serious repercussions.

And besides, by the time cool stuff like Furious Gear is re-released, imagine how few will remain (even fewer than the virtual ghost town the population is right now) that you can show off these rewards to, if you can even manage to earn them. This game's population has taken such a nosedive over the past few years. Nothing is going to get better, nothing is going to change.

#BringBackSWTOR1.2

Edited by Talon_strikes

Don't think I'm going to renew my sub. The quality of ranked is abhorrent, to say the least. Trolls, throwers, and PvE mat farmers galore this season. You think it can never get any worse - but it does. Impossible to climb but idc at this point. I think it's pretty clear that BW will let cheaters, trolls, and mat farmers run amok without any serious repercussions.

And besides, by the time cool stuff like Furious Gear is re-released, imagine how few will remain (even fewer than the virtual ghost town the population is right now) that you can show off these rewards to, if you can even manage to earn them. This game's population has taken such a nosedive over the past few years. Nothing is going to get better, nothing is going to change.

#BringBackSWTOR1.2

You should thank those you mentioned that they are in que.. otherwise how many pops do you think you would get ? If it wasn't for them, you would be here complaining about solo ranked being dead.. Mate, it is dead, you just don't know it because it's flooded with " noobs".

And why do you take it so seriously in the first place ? This is what puzzles me in the first place... People throwing insults at each over a video game.

#BringBackSWTOR1.2

Be sad to see another veteran leave

#BringBackSWTOR1.2

I would say this season isnt so bad, yet. I mean there are a few PVE, throwers and farmers in que but its not that terrible. Still, it could be improved for sure, with limits on who can enter ranked.

You should thank those you mentioned that they are in que.. otherwise how many pops do you think you would get ? If it wasn't for them, you would be here complaining about solo ranked being dead.. Mate, it is dead, you just don't know it because it's flooded with " noobs".

And why do you take it so seriously in the first place ? This is what puzzles me in the first place... People throwing insults at each over a video game.

Are you crazy? No, they should be called out and pariah'd. These players are making the ranked experience worse, from keeping the top tier rewards locked out by cheating, to queing for their arrogant PvE reasons. On SS there's now a troll guild queing all stealth classes and sitting in stealth until the serious players die and then proceeding to vote kick them all out of the match. And these are the people you want me to THANK? You're crazy if you think these people should be appreciated simply for keeping the que less dead than it already is.

I know ranked is already dead, dude. Just look at the leaderboards and the lack of progress in elo and smaller pool of players. Add the trolls and PvE farmers on top of the smaller pool of ranked players and that just kills the ques faster and ruins the experience for those that "take it seriously".

We take it seriously because, uh, I don't know, it's a competition and we want to climb to qualify for the rewards? :rolleyes: Not like it matters anyway. Even though 5.9.2 was hailed as being a PvP match, what followed was a minor exodus for PvPers ironically.

I'm gonna admit, I was hyped for this season because it meant no more backfilling, possibly less wintrading, and x-faction would prevent que syncing on the smaller faction and increase que pops. However, cheating is still rampant, tanks and heals are playing the system even further with the increase in arrogant PvE farmers queing, trolls and throwers queing increased, and more actual PvPers have started leaving the game again.

I've already stated my position in my previous post so I'm gonna leave it at that. It's honestly absolute as it explains everything I and my other PvP friends have felt and experienced since 5.9.2 launched.

I would say this season isnt so bad, yet. I mean there are a few PVE, throwers and farmers in que but its not that terrible. Still, it could be improved for sure, with limits on who can enter ranked.

You must not play on SS. On that server we have a lovely guild called Greatest Of All Trolls that have started queing 3+ stealth classes, letting everyone else seriously playing die and then proceeding to vote kick them. :rolleyes:

Edited by Talon_strikes

You must not play on SS. On that server we have a lovely guild called Greatest Of All Trolls that have started queing 3+ stealth classes, letting everyone else seriously playing die and then proceeding to vote kick them. :rolleyes:

Well, I know where to play ;) and its definitely not SS.

• 4 weeks later...
Are you crazy? No, they should be called out and pariah'd. These players are making the ranked experience worse, from keeping the top tier rewards locked out by cheating, to queing for their arrogant PvE reasons. On SS there's now a troll guild queing all stealth classes and sitting in stealth until the serious players die and then proceeding to vote kick them all out of the match. And these are the people you want me to THANK? You're crazy if you think these people should be appreciated simply for keeping the que less dead than it already is.

I know ranked is already dead, dude. Just look at the leaderboards and the lack of progress in elo and smaller pool of players. Add the trolls and PvE farmers on top of the smaller pool of ranked players and that just kills the ques faster and ruins the experience for those that "take it seriously".

We take it seriously because, uh, I don't know, it's a competition and we want to climb to qualify for the rewards? :rolleyes: Not like it matters anyway. Even though 5.9.2 was hailed as being a PvP match, what followed was a minor exodus for PvPers ironically.

I'm gonna admit, I was hyped for this season because it meant no more backfilling, possibly less wintrading, and x-faction would prevent que syncing on the smaller faction and increase que pops. However, cheating is still rampant, tanks and heals are playing the system even further with the increase in arrogant PvE farmers queing, trolls and throwers queing increased, and more actual PvPers have started leaving the game again.

I've already stated my position in my previous post so I'm gonna leave it at that. It's honestly absolute as it explains everything I and my other PvP friends have felt and experienced since 5.9.2 launched.

Like it or not this is the reality... Those people keep the pop alive. On DM it used to pop all day from noon in season 8 and now it pops only in prime time mostly. A lot of people quit doing it...

Ranked is a competition ? It is not. It's more of gambling machine designed to mess your head up and keep you hooked it and your reward is elo.. instead of money so that you can shut me the ***** up with your big gold flair whenever we have an argument in game about PVP. " what do ya know, noob ? I am gold rated.."

Competitions are usually fair. but in this game ranked is anything but fair... Maybe WoW is a different and that's why it has worse gear grind yet 10 times more people playing it.

There is very little incentive to que now because developers aren't interested in doing anything about ranked in this game. cheaters get away with rewards and legit people get banned. This all destroys the integrity of that game mode and subs who like warzones would rather invest their time in regular warzones.

And finally please put yourself in the shoes of a newish player to ranked to tries to play well, but fails due bad luck, lack of experience. The angry kids will instantly shaft him and insult him, discourage him from queing and he will be gone for good.

it's a combination of Developers + Ranked community that have led to what we have today. Players are just too toxic which immediately turns people away from queing. Shame ? Of course.

Is this happening in Solo Ranked? Because if it's Team Ranked, you should be queueing up with your own team of 4, or not at all. And regardless of which Ranked they are doing this in, has anyone reported them? If all they are doing is trolling Ranked, I'm pretty sure that's actionable.

• 5 months later...
They still have time to sort the leaderboards, so dont judge them yet.

It will be the 9th day today and I see no major changes to the leaderboards. I highly doubt EAware will do anything drastic, and whatever they will do will be extremely minor. They don't care, simple as that.

Edited by VaceDemon

It will be the 9th day today and I see no major changes to the leaderboards. I highly doubt EAware will do anything drastic, and whatever they will do will be extremely minor. They don't care, simple as that.

Im am pretty sure there will be a big purge on leaderboards at the last day.

Im am pretty sure there will be a big purge on leaderboards at the last day.

You mean like there was last season? Oh wait...

Surely it was season 8, right? Oh wait...

Season 7? No, wait...

C'mon dude. You know just as well as I or anyone else with at least half a brain on these forums that it'll be the same ****, different season.

Edited by VaceDemon