Quarterly Producer Letter for Q2 2024 ×

SWTOR Summer Roadmap

EricMusco

The biggest piece everyone is excited for is the stronghold. A PvP stronghold that has been asked for years.

This :

I seriously doubt that "everyone" or even most people are particularly excited about this. I'm not saying that it won't have it's audience or that it is not worth them spending the resources on... I just doubt that most people want to PvP in a stronghold or even care if we get the option for yet another stronghold.

I too get the feeling people who enjoy this are more exited about a new stronghold and especially on Rishi, than a stronghold where you can PvP

• Replies 375
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I hope that one of the QoL improvements will be the possibility to swap utility points in warzone spawn!

Some utilities only really work in certain warzones. (For example operative knockback.)

Edited by Neulwen

This :

I too get the feeling people who enjoy this are more exited about a new stronghold and especially on Rishi, than a stronghold where you can PvP

For me it is the stronghold, not the pvp, even though our guild will be moving to Rishi and getting rid of Manan but we will have 1 room devoted to pvp duels.

Well.. before Keith clarified that the Stronghold could be purchased by any player via the Fleet terminal.. there was still a lot of enthusiasm in discussion about the fact that players would finally have a Stronghold that is PvP enabled.

So I do think there is broad interest and excitement for the coming Stronghold.. but not just because it is a new Stronghold with a Rishi theme. The PvP mechanics ARE a plus as it means individuals, as well as guilds, can setup their own PvP instance and also control who can and cannot participate. This will of course piss off the more toxic random grouping PvPers... but they still have WZs.. and cross faction being removed should help queue pops for the WZ PvPers.

Let's be honest here... even people who generally avoid PvP because of player toxicity in WZs.... may very well find PvP under more socially controlled conditions in the Stronghold is fun and they will actually PvP because it was not PvP they did not like.. it's all the people wearing their backsides as hats and harassing players on their own team that turned them off from PvP.

Edited by Andryah

Well.. before Keith clarified that the Stronghold could be purchased by any player via the Fleet terminal.. there was still a lot of enthusiasm in discussion about the fact that players would finally have a Stronghold that is PvP enabled.

And there was at least as much worries over the fact that unlocking that SH could be locked under PvP achievements

Edited by Goreshaga

So I do think there is broad interest and excitement for the coming Stronghold.. but not just because it is a new Stronghold with a Rishi theme. The PvP mechanics ARE a plus as it means individuals, as well as guilds, can setup their own PvP instance and also control who can and cannot participate. This will of course piss off the more toxic random grouping PvPers... but they still have WZs.. and cross faction being removed should help queue pops for the WZ PvPers.

Let's be honest here... even people who generally avoid PvP because of player toxicity in WZs.... may very well find PvP under more socially controlled conditions in the Stronghold is fun and they will actually PvP because it was not PvP they did not like.. it's all the people wearing their backsides as hats and harassing players on their own team that turned them off from PvP.

Or this will just be another content gap in a game that's become more content gap than content.

And there was at least as much worries over the fact that unlocking that SH could be locked under PvP achievements

Yes.. and Keith quickly clarified and squelched that worry. And that effectively doubled the posts stating they liked what was revealed. ;)

Edited by Andryah

Or this will just be another content gap in a game that's become more content gap than content.

If that is your true sentiment (and I don't know if it is.. or you are just spouting off in frustration) ... you probably should not continue to play a game that is so disappointing to you, from a studio that you routinely denigrate.

Or.. I guess you could just stick around, be miserable, and keep on attacking the state of the game and the studio. Some players do actually do this.. though I have no idea why.

The choice if of course yours and yours alone to make. :)

Edited by Andryah

If that is your true sentiment (and I don't know if it is.. or you are just spouting off in frustration) ... you probably should not continue to play a game that is so disappointing to you, from a studio that you routinely denigrate.

SNIP..

You keep telling people to leave but give little to get them to actually do it. Maybe you don't understand the concept of liking some things and disliking others.

You have given two options. Either stay and complain where complaints are most definitely warranted (and yes - this game deserves the complaints it gets on many areas of the game and especially so when it comes to the poor content delivery).

OR leave.

Trick is, given your two choices, how do you get them to actually go? I'm sure you have some great insight and information to convince games to leave who complain about the games real problems or you wouldn't keep bringing it up.

You keep telling people to leave but give little to get them to actually do it. Maybe you don't understand the concept of liking some things and disliking others.

You have given two options. Either stay and complain where complaints are most definitely warranted (and yes - this game deserves the complaints it gets on many areas of the game and especially so when it comes to the poor content delivery).

OR leave.

Trick is, given your two choices, how do you get them to actually go? I'm sure you have some great insight and information to convince games to leave who complain about the games real problems or you wouldn't keep bringing it up.

I don't want people to leave the game. I also don't want players who dislike the game to the point of frustration or misery to continue to pound their head on the rock. Which is precisely why I suggested the choice in the end is theres to make. I also do not want the head pounding on the rock player to spend all their time trying to destroy the game via negative narrative in the forum.. as it servers no constructive purpose other then some distorted form of revenge.

There really are only two options by the way.. because none of us can actually force the studio to do anything with respect to the game. Hence.... play the game as presented, if you enjoy it. If you find the game unacceptable as presented....most people who play games for fun will find something that they do actually find fun. And my advice is precisely the advice that I follow myself.

And no.. I am not saying people cannot present complaints about things they don't like... but at least do it clearly and objectively, and absent the typical hyperbole, demands, accusations, and vengeful outbursts.

Edited by Andryah

I don't want people to leave the game.

Then I would stop bringing it up because I have no doubt to many have already taken up that shi and left. It would be best if fewer actually did that.

I also don't want players who dislike the game to the point of frustration or misery to continue to pound their head on the rock.

Why not? You don't like to hear the truth about the game? You don't like for it to continue to be brought up as a frustration when it's deserved even if they like other parts of the game?

Which is precisely why I suggested the choice in the end is theres to make. I also do not want the head pounding on the rock player to spend all their time trying to destroy the game via negative narrative in the forum.. as it servers no constructive purpose other then some distorted form of revenge.

If they care enough to come here and compain. I bet you they don't care what you think they need to do but I do know. The more you attempt to get people to leave they will likely do so and thats not good. So how about zipping it on that particular avenue.

And no.. I am not saying people cannot present complaints about things they don't like... but at least do it clearly and objectively, and absent the typical hyperbole, demands, and accusations.

No. Screw that. Give bioware every complain you have and however you want as long as it's not bannable. If they are not capable of reading what people post and understanding it. Thats on bioware. They get no special treatment at this point in the game when it comes to the well deserved complaints bioware has created. IF bioware actually did more, listended more, communicated more then maybe there would be this two way street but this forum isn't that. If they get feedback at all bioware should consider themselves lucky that there are enough gamers left that care to even talk to them.

Why not? You don't like to hear the truth about the game? You don't like for it to continue to be brought up as a frustration when it's deserved even if they like other parts of the game?

/snip the rest of your vindictive approach to feedback.

You clearly are not actually reading what I am writing... just spoiling to pick a fight of some kind by parsing and distorting my comments. So this will be my last response to you.

I have no problems with complaints, contrary to your accusations. And I do not decide when or if a player decides to throw in the towel. I do have issue with over the top rhetoric that some players throw around.. when they are frustrated. It serves no constructive purpose other than to vent. Whereas cogent, objective presentation of complaint, along with rational suggestions for possible improvement does have value in possibly influencing the studio. This is true for me personally both in real life as well as on a gaming forum. I encourage unhappy people to try to find something that makes them happy, rather than encourage them to just keep doubling down on their unhappiness (which appears to be your preferred approach) You seem to love that people are upset, and even encourage them to get more upset and get really rhetorical and negative. I don't... I am simply not that kind of negative personality. I encourage people to find their happiness, and understand that beating their head on something they cannot actually change is pointless ... and you appear to want to encourage chaos and discontent as an instrument to force the studio in some direction. You like to stir up the mob... I prefer to encourage them to cope and find their way to a happy point. You and I will never agree on this point and therefore it is pointless to continue discussion with you in the context of this forum.

Edited by Andryah

I have no problems with complaints

There is nothing I disagree with more than that comment right now after "looking at your posting history" (one of your famous quotes).

Edited by DarthWoad

So this will be my last response to you.

Don't make promises....

I have no problems with complaints, contrary to your accusations.

Then let them go about their way in their complaints without some drivel form you about leaving the game. I can assure you. That isn't helpful.

It serves no constructive purpose other than to vent.

And there is nothing wrong with that combined with it also tells the game company how the gamer(s) feel about what bioware or any other company has done or is doing. It's way more than vent.

Whereas cogent, objective presentation of complaint, along with rational suggestions for possible improvement does have value in possibly influencing the studio.

Well when dealing with bioware and to be honest pretty much most game makers, we know thats a pretty big lie. You can see it here and other places. It doesn't matter how you post, it does little or nothing to create change different from what the company already has planned. Your rational suggestions are ignored just the same. Conquest being the first and foremost on that as of late but there are plenty others and over many years.

You like to stir up the mob...

I prefer for gamers to not hold back when it comes to poor changes in a game that take away fun and entertainment. you would do well to understand that.

You and I will never agree on this point and therefore it is pointless to continue discussion with you in the context of this forum.

Probably, yet here we both are.

Edited by Quraswren

The PVP Strongholds is a really great Idea. Tournaments are fun ways for people to challenge their skills. However, Coming back to the game I am disappointed with what you guys have done with WPVP (Which is virtually nothing). If you guys could find a way to make different outposts become vulnerable every 6 hours or something. It can create an incentive for a lost mechanic in this game. You can bring in Conquest missions as well. For instance, a Guild that captures the outpost may hold it for about 2 hours and then it is shut down. Then a new outpost becomes vulnerable. You cant have the galaxy fighting each other if we are not holding any real ground. If you need a great look at what you can do for WPVP try researching the game Aion and they're pvp style.

OK. The "Alliance" was cute and all for a HOT second, but this is STAR WARS! Republic vs. Empire, Sith vs Jedi, light vs dark, and etc. Stop with the cross faction crap! Some wanted cross-server; not cross-faction!

I hate all the cross faction WZs because:

1. Seen teams not help other faction

2. Hate from other WZs carry over

3. Fundamentally wrong with the "ORIGINAL" SW lore anyway

4. More people quit at the start because of 1-3 above

You keep saying "we heard you feedback", but you always seem to miss with these updates...it's like you are reading a different forum, or getting feedback from some alternative player base.

While your "Roadmap" has some positives, I think you need to seriously get some additional "feedback" before you make a summer change that will finally put this game to sleep!

Isn't 6.0 on its way this September? New story,new cool companions, Republic vs Empire? Or was it just a joke, a forum joke?

They've said 6.0 will be a thing. I would expect no earlier than november, like most of the other expansions.

They've said 6.0 will be a thing. I would expect no earlier than november, like most of the other expansions.

I wouldn't expect 6.0 till the new year given the way bioware stated things:

"At the end of the year, we’ll introduce an exciting new storyline and multiplayer gameplay – all leading to an explosive conflict with new characters to meet and planets to explore in the new year. "

Maybe by November you get a FP or two to launch the story like SoR (which had 4 IIRC) and then if we are lucky come February or so (after anthem releases) we get 6.0 launch.

Either way, I don't think you will see 6.0 till the new year.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.