Needed: A way to disable conquest.

BRKMSN

I know it's silly. But I don't want to do something on my character and have them think I'm "participating" in something I can no longer stand about this game. Allow me to "opt out" so my character activities don't skew the "participation" data the devs need to justify what they have done. I don't want the conquest mission(s). I don't want the extra CXP or credits. I just want out of everything and anything "conquest."

WHy would you want to? You dont have to do anything strenuous to collect Conquest Points. Just think of it as another Achievement System.

Long story short --- To show my disapproval. If this was real life, I would return any and all rewards to the sender.

Long story ... long:

I don't mind playing the game and I used to enjoy conquest. They hyped up the conquest overhaul months before it was released. If you spent much time at all reading the forums, the main complaints about (old) conquest were from smaller guilds that felt they had little to no chance to place high enough to receive the guild rewards which are needed to unlock flagship rooms.

So in the overhaul they bring (yield) targets that guilds much reach for the guild rewards rather than placing in the top 10. That was a good change. But it was quickly countered by a redesign in the points and objectives. Nobody complained that objectives gave too many points previously. Nobody complained that we were able to do objectives too often. The only complaints about objectives over the years were about crafting being too important and that was addressed in the old system so there were only a couple conquests where unlimited crafting was rewarded. But I digress... The new "improved" conquest not only nerfed the points of everything by a huge percentage, it completely destroyed alt point farming which combined with the point nerf, hurt small guilds more than the guild point target helped.

The devs asked for feedback and couldn't handle the outrage. Further changes and tweeks continue to demonstrate that they simply don't care what the players wanted from conquest in the 1st place. Comments about participation being "up" have a lot of players scratching their heads. That is not what players and guilds are seeing. Just because there are a few new ways to earn points once daily per legacy, doesn't mean the player I got the points on was aiming for conquest points. To clarify how I feel about the changes, I want a way to let them know, I am not a "participant" any longer.

I agree on this too. I am doing conquest, but the current system with once/legacy/day prevents me from leveling alts with flashpoints and some heroics, because the CQ points would go to a wrong alt. :mad:

Either give this option or remove the legacy restrictrion from CQ.

You have a better chance of removing the once per legacy vs a full on disable option. It should just be the following:

1. Once time objectives per week per legacy

2. Daily's are once per day per character

3. Infinite repeatable per character.

That would resolve all the issues.

• 7 months later...

Bumping this thread instead of starting a new one.

Add a toggle to disable conquest participation on a character, OR remove the once-a-day-per legacy restrictions.

It is annoying getting conquest points on unguilded characters that are NOT participating in conquest when that means my guilded characters are now locked out of those rewards for the day.

Bumping this thread instead of starting a new one.

Add a toggle to disable conquest participation on a character, OR remove the once-a-day-per legacy restrictions.

It is annoying getting conquest points on unguilded characters that are NOT participating in conquest when that means my guilded characters are now locked out of those rewards for the day.

I agree. I have some unguilded characters that I do the Ossus daileys on and I don't want them getting Conquest points I need for other characters in guilds. Let m choose, please.