Quarterly Producer Letter for Q2 2024 ×

Legacy System (aka Dont alt or your screwed)

Krowwe

So my first character got to 32 last night, finished Act 1, and unlocked the legacy system.

I thought "cool" and chose a last name and went about my business.

Then I logged over to one of my alts and did a bit of killing.... thats when I noticed the Legacy XP bar ticking up.

It wasnt until then it hit me...

I have alts at 22, 20, 19, 17, and 11.

NONE of them have been contributing to my Legacy.

That is 89 Levels of questing, discoveries, kills, etc and NONE of it has contributed to my legacy AT ALL.

So basically BW is telling us all "You must get 1 character to the end of Act 1 before you make ANY alts, or you get boned".

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So my first character got to 32 last night, finished Act 1, and unlocked the legacy system.

I thought "cool" and chose a last name and went about my business.

Then I logged over to one of my alts and did a bit of killing.... thats when I noticed the Legacy XP bar ticking up.

It wasnt until then it hit me...

I have alts at 22, 20, 19, 17, and 11.

NONE of them have been contributing to my Legacy.

That is 89 Levels of questing, discoveries, kills, etc and NONE of it has contributed to my legacy AT ALL.

So basically BW is telling us all "You must get 1 character to the end of Act 1 before you make ANY alts, or you get boned".

Your legacy is designed for you so that your highest level toon leaves a legacy for the rest... AKA the one that just finished act one just gave everyone else on your account the legacy last name. Really... Do you even understand what it means to be a legacy to someone?

I understand exactly what the term means. It is the implementation in this game that worries me.

If it was as simple as "Your highest level leaves a legacy to those after them", then fine.

But when I log in a level 1 character and see +50 legacy xp, then I go to character select and realise how many levels I have played on alts WITHOUT getting that....

That is a LOT of +50s I have been cheated of, because of a system that has never been satisfactorily explained.

Example, this morning I have played a new character from level 1 to level 10.

That earned me 9% of a legacy level.

I have 6 other characters who have already passed level 10, so that is at LEAST 45% of a legacy level I have missed out on (subtracting the fact that my main is one of the 6, and would not have gotten it I accept).

That means that the player who knows about this, and powers 1 character straight up, instead of exploring the game, is going to be a lot better off.

Edited by Krowwe

So all that fun you had leveling alts was for nothing eh? Rough life.

You are completely missing the point.

Yea, I enjoyed leveling them, but had I known about this, I would have leveled my main to this point, THEN gone back and made alts, thus getting the enjoyment AND the benefit.

I understand exactly what the term means. It is the implementation in this game that worries me.

If it was as simple as "Your highest level leaves a legacy to those after them", then fine.

But when I log in a level 1 character and see +50 legacy xp, then I go to character select and realise how many levels I have played on alts WITHOUT getting that....

That is a LOT of +50s I have been cheated of, because of a system that has never been satisfactorily explained.

Example, this morning I have played a new character from level 1 to level 10.

That earned me 9% of a legacy level.

I have 6 other characters who have already passed level 10, so that is at LEAST 45% of a legacy level I have missed out on (subtracting the fact that my main is one of the 6, and would not have gotten it I accept).

That means that the player who knows about this, and powers 1 character straight up, instead of exploring the game, is going to be a lot better off.

I knew how the system worked through their explanations. They were fine maybe you missed some of the massive interviews or posts on the subject mate?

you are seriously complaining about alittle bit of experience in a game that I find easy to level in? really?

is this all you have to complain about in the game? If it is I declaire this game a total success. because this complaint is silly.

It is to you, it's not to him. Problem?

It is to you, it's not to him. Problem?

ya I really think its a silly thing to be upset about. a little bit of xp gain or loss shouldnt make that big of a deal considering the large ammounts you get from rest xp, the quests, the easy to kill mobs that give hundreds of xp.. I just think it is silly to be so upset and stop leveling characters in a game you enjoy because you might miss out on alittle bit of easily gained xp. but shrug. it is his game he can play it his way..

as to why I posted.. He asked for opinions when he posted on the forums, I gave mine. Problem?

I completely understand where you are coming from. Fortunately for me I figured this out a while ago. I stuck on the same character for that very reason. I don't want to make an alt until I reach high enough for the legacy system to kick in because of what you just said. All that leveling will NOT count towards your legacy XP. I don't see a solution for you other than delete those characters and start new ones... which would SUCK.

ya I really think its a silly thing to be upset about. a little bit of xp gain or loss shouldnt make that big of a deal considering the large ammounts you get from rest xp, the quests, the easy to kill mobs that give hundreds of xp.. I just think it is silly to be so upset and stop leveling characters in a game you enjoy because you might miss out on alittle bit of easily gained xp. but shrug. it is his game he can play it his way..

as to why I posted.. He asked for opinions when he posted on the forums, I gave mine. Problem?

He's not so much whining as he is venting. Like he said, if he'd known about it he'd have waited. So would I. Only difference between him and me is that I saw it coming.

Your opinion is duly noted, but it's not so much an opinion as it is a personal attack of his.

You are completely missing the point.

Yea, I enjoyed leveling them, but had I known about this, I would have leveled my main to this point, THEN gone back and made alts, thus getting the enjoyment AND the benefit.

AFAIR, one of the very few things that was known/communicated about the system, before release, was that you would unlock it by getting to the end of Act 1 and then from that moment all of your other characters would contribute to Legacy XP. So I don't understand this thread

He's not so much whining as he is venting. Like he said, if he'd known about it he'd have waited. So would I. Only difference between him and me is that I saw it coming.

Your opinion is duly noted, but it's not so much an opinion as it is a personal attack of his.

I am not personally attacking his opinion. I just dont see the need to be all like the sky is falling over something that is kinda simple to deal with. stop leveling your alts sure you lose some xp but meh..is it that big of a deal..

though I will admit his attempt to create fear with his thread title. Dont alt or you're screwed seems to show me that he overreacts at the drop of a hat.

I just really dont think it is as game breaking and horrible as the OP makes it out to be.. No one is screwed. you just gave yourself what maybe a day or two more leveling one alt to get it to 50 to have it sit around and wait for end game? is that really a big issue when there are people in the game asking already to slow down the leveling and turn off xp gain for sitting in cantinas?

I think this game levels a bit to quickly, I find myself often over level for the quests I am doing which makes the game far to easy, and no I dont grind out levels I just do the missions and kill what needs to be killed, but I find myself only killing the exact ammount for the bonus' so I dont overlevel the areas.

personally I dont need or want the legacy xp to help me level characters that are already over leveled, but to start a bunch of fear mongering with things like screwed becuase he has a personal problem with the fact that he leveled alts makes him look silly.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.