6.0 and Lord Scourge: Wild, wild speculations (and possible spoilers)

Rheshalea

I had this epiphany when I was thinking about 6.0 and the return to Rep vs Imp, and as a by-product, all the dilemmas with the Player Character having become the leader of the Alliance, and, as it appears at the moment, being able to choose which faction to join in the future.

Those factions need leaders, or at least someone who directs the actions of the PC (Player Character), otherwise the whole game would have to become a strategy/war simulator. And it’s not like the PCs have had much of a say-so, even if they’re called Commander or Emperor or whatever. It’s been Lana’s and Theron’s show, with the PC as muscle.

Anyway, back to the new leaders of the Republic and Empire. It can’t be Acina or Jace Malcom since both can be dead. It can’t be Lana and Theron since neither one would be trusted by either faction, and we still don’t know if Theron actually IS a traitor or not, and whether or not Lana was involved with Theron’s plans.

So it has to be someone the PC would “trust”, and someone who’d be acceptable for both sides.

Enter Lord Scourge, former Hand of the Emperor and former companion of the Jedi Knight (and who also might be who Theron decided to go dig out from whatever rock Scourge has been hiding under.)

As the former Hand of the Emperor, Scourge has intimate knowledge of the Sith Empire, and as the companion of a Jedi Knight, he’s got enough knowledge about the Republic as well, and he’s had years to plan and scheme and manipulate behind the scenes. All the PC had to do was get rid of Valky&fam and some pesky droids.

For this theory to work, Scourge would have to (secretly) lead both factions, either directly or by proxy, but he’d use the PC and the (former) Alliance as the muscle to weed out dissidents. If the PC joined the Empire, they’d fight Republic factions that according to Scourge could be problematic, and if the PC joined the Republic, they’d be sent to take care of rebellious parts of the Empire. So on the surface it would look like it’s war as usual between the factions, when Scourge is actually working towards galactic peace. (Ooor just wants to take over completely as the new Emperor, take your pick.)

The PCs would be given basically the same quests regardless of faction, but with different motivations (and maybe different names of the dissident groups, maybe different timing). So even if it’s the same storyline, it would feel different - think Assault on Tython and Korriban Incursion - and would ultimately lead to the same outcome.

Of course, this is all pure speculation and a bit of wishful thinking. I’m not well-versed enough in SWTOR lore or Star Wars canon to know if this it at all feasible, but it was a fun thought-experiment at least.

And if I’m right about any of it, I’ll be expecting some non-important NPC to be named after me! :p

Good theory. It could be fun should he not be another two minute cutscene companion.

That said ... I have a desire to kill this guy too, he betrayed the Exile and Revan to the Emperor, killing the Exile in the process ... I haven't forgotten Scourge, You'll be getting my lightsaber between your shoulders too!

Good theory. It could be fun should he not be another two minute cutscene companion.

That said ... I have a desire to kill this guy too, he betrayed the Exile and Revan to the Emperor, killing the Exile in the process ... I haven't forgotten Scourge, You'll be getting my lightsaber between your shoulders too!

Well, obviously if Scourge became 6.0's Lana/Theron, you wouldn't get to kill him. Sorry. You'd have to head-canon it and call the guy giving you orders Serge or Splurge or something. :p

To be fair Paul, you want to murder everyone :p

Yeah... as much as I like the theory and thought you put into it, I cannot picture Scourge ever wanting a position as faction leader, especially not for the Republic. He was half inclined to shove that medal straight up Satele's backside and his loyalty has been to the JK specifically, not the Republic. Leading either or both factions is not in his character, in my opinion.

Would he still be immortal now that Emperor (insert name here) is dead?

Hmm. Immortality would help if he wanted to take over, but I suppose it would make sense if it was linked to the old Emperor's power. Or hey, who knows, he could be sneaky and pretend he was still immortal to dissuade people from trying to off him, while he secretly nurtured his new addiction to kolto shots.

Yeah... as much as I like the theory and thought you put into it, I cannot picture Scourge ever wanting a position as faction leader, especially not for the Republic. He was half inclined to shove that medal straight up Satele's backside and his loyalty has been to the JK specifically, not the Republic. Leading either or both factions is not in his character, in my opinion.

Yeah, based only on Vanilla happenings, I'd agree. But Scourge must have been doing something while the JK has been off playing Outlander and Commander. He might choose to stay more in the shadows for the New Republic, putting people he can trust (or manipulate) in charge.

Hmm. Maybe he's been working with Kira on this. :D

Hnmmm, I don't see Scourge leading. Also not after his romance speculations...:rak_03:

It would indeed mean he had to change, maybe with the Emperor's death. Maybe when he's set free from all that influence, he'll realize his true potential? Or maybe he wants to give his love a really cool Welcome Back-present? Cool as in a whole galaxy...

But he'd probably not be acting alone. What about those people in the Sith Warrior story? The Emperor's Hand, or did they have a proper name - anyway, they called themselves Servant One and Servant Two and helped the SW kick Baras' butt. Maybe Scourge went to have a chat with them at the start of KotFE, and it's just taken them a few years to infiltrate the Imps and Reps.

From what I understood, based on teases provided by Ranos/Hexid, Scourge has spent the past years looking for a way to rid himself of his immortality and trying to aid our fight against the Emperor. Possibly with Kira's assistance in between. That doesn't mean he has been fighting for either the Republic or Empire, or even the Alliance directly--he still maintained his most singular goal of the past 300+ years and that was dealing with Vitiate.

Lord Scourge is a Sith to his core and that'll never change. He wasn't too different from other Sith when he joined Darth Nyriss although I do think a thirst for knowledge and understanding has always driven him too. It kept bringing him back to Revan when they'd captured him and that entire scenario set him on a new destiny--ending Vitiate and finding the Jedi from his vision. If it weren't for Vitiate and the threat he posed to the entire galaxy, Scourge would have never allied himself with Revan, Meetra, our Jedi Knight and through extension, the Republic.

Clearly, he is capable of looking beyond himself and his own ambitions or he wouldn't have bothered with any of the above but he would not want to lead the Republic. He wouldn't even want to lead the Empire. He's not a leadership person, nor is he a follower. He will serve what he believes in, work with those he believes in, but he'd much prefer operating from the shadows and being in the thick of battle than to bother with politics and leadership over one or both factions. I think he'd feel constrained and restless and if rumors surrounding a cure prove true, he should get to finally live, not be bound to a seat of power and a crap ton of responsibility.

I don't think Scourge was ever much of a 'suspect' on Vowrawn's list but more so a subject of extreme intrigue. He was a mystery, a big question mark that Vowrawn wanted to understand. Who is the Wrath, is it always the same man, how did he live so long etc. In Scourge's time, the Wrath was a ghost and 'myth' of sorts in the Empire, few knew who he was exactly, just that he had to be feared and if the Wrath came looking for you, it meant you were in deep utter shiz.

Vowrawn could, of course, still view Scourge as a traitor for turning on both the Emperor and the Empire but given Vowrawn's involvement with the new Wrath (SW Story), his own bouts with The Hand and all that everyone now knows of Vitiate, I'd hope and think he'd be smarter than to pursue Scourge as an enemy. He'd be more likely to want Scourge at his side as an ally of sorts, and he'd be giddy to finally get the whole story concerning their former Emperor.

From what I understood, based on teases provided by Ranos/Hexid, Scourge has spent the past years looking for a way to rid himself of his immortality and trying to aid our fight against the Emperor. Possibly with Kira's assistance in between. That doesn't mean he has been fighting for either the Republic or Empire, or even the Alliance directly--he still maintained his most singular goal of the past 300+ years and that was dealing with Vitiate.

Lord Scourge is a Sith to his core and that'll never change. He wasn't too different from other Sith when he joined Darth Nyriss although I do think a thirst for knowledge and understanding has always driven him too. It kept bringing him back to Revan when they'd captured him and that entire scenario set him on a new destiny--ending Vitiate and finding the Jedi from his vision. If it weren't for Vitiate and the threat he posed to the entire galaxy, Scourge would have never allied himself with Revan, Meetra, our Jedi Knight and through extension, the Republic.

Clearly, he is capable of looking beyond himself and his own ambitions or he wouldn't have bothered with any of the above but he would not want to lead the Republic. He wouldn't even want to lead the Empire. He's not a leadership person, nor is he a follower. He will serve what he believes in, work with those he believes in, but he'd much prefer operating from the shadows and being in the thick of battle than to bother with politics and leadership over one or both factions. I think he'd feel constrained and restless and if rumors surrounding a cure prove true, he should get to finally live, not be bound to a seat of power and a crap ton of responsibility.

I don't think Scourge was ever much of a 'suspect' on Vowrawn's list but more so a subject of extreme intrigue. He was a mystery, a big question mark that Vowrawn wanted to understand. Who is the Wrath, is it always the same man, how did he live so long etc. In Scourge's time, the Wrath was a ghost and 'myth' of sorts in the Empire, few knew who he was exactly, just that he had to be feared and if the Wrath came looking for you, it meant you were in deep utter shiz.

Vowrawn could, of course, still view Scourge as a traitor for turning on both the Emperor and the Empire but given Vowrawn's involvement with the new Wrath (SW Story), his own bouts with The Hand and all that everyone now knows of Vitiate, I'd hope and think he'd be smarter than to pursue Scourge as an enemy. He'd be more likely to want Scourge at his side as an ally of sorts, and he'd be giddy to finally get the whole story concerning their former Emperor.

Scourge is a being from other times, of course he does not want to lead the Empire, it is a huge disappointment for him. Unlikely for him to side with the new Emperor either.

I don't think Scourge was ever much of a 'suspect' on Vowrawn's list but more so a subject of extreme intrigue. He was a mystery, a big question mark that Vowrawn wanted to understand.

He was a mystery for a common people, as it is stated that the Dark Council knew the truth about the Emperor's Wrath personality (Swtor Encyclopedia), about his life, prolonged with sith alchemy and so on. Only unanswered question back then was Scourge's motives. If Darth Vowrawn was studying Lord Scourge in order to neutralize him (same source), I doubt Emperor Vowrawn will keep a Sith betrayer by his side for long.

Edited by Txornisx

I hope Scourge will show up for my Wrath.. the idiot ran to the Jedi Order and started the whole cascade of s*itstorm in the Sith Empire that culminates into an actual genocide of Ziost. I would slice his sorry dusty centuries old head off myself. That and for fridging Exile.

Scourge has been a ghost for over 300 years. Someone spoken of in hushed tones, by the Dark Council and commoners alike. I don’t see him suddenly wanting to come out into the open and reveal himself, I think he much prefers to be in the shadows. Old habits die hard, so to speak.

He is also the ultimate pragmatist as we see in the game. He sacrifices his status as The Wrath and his way of life in order to save the galaxy with the Jedi Knight, because he understands that there is no point to power, if there is no one to wield it over. He’s an exceptionally wise being, and I don’t see him wanting to step into a leadership role of any sort. He’s regarded as an outsider by Republic, and his own Empire considers him a Traitor, and honestly, I think he’s quite fine with riding the razor’s edge and being apart from both. It’s freedom, something he really hasn’t had for centuries, as he’s had to control his thoughts and impulses to maintain his ruse that he serves the Emperor loyally and isn’t just biding his time for the right circumstances to bring Vitiate down.

As for Vowrawn, he sees everything as a game, and everyone as a game piece. I think he was more interested in learning who the Wrath (Scourge) was and what his secrets were, so that he could use him to his advantage in some way whether directly, or more likely, indirectly.

Vowrawn made a point of learning everything he could about the Emperor, as a means of protecting/advancing himself and the Empire’s interests. He learned about the Hand and even interrogated a Servant of the Hand. He got to know about The Voice through the Sith Warrior and the Voss story, so he was working his way through all the Emperor’s secrets and staff.

He knew that Scourge had turned on the Emperor and split with the Jedi, so for that reason, he would see potentials in Scourge as a possible ally, if the Hand/Emperor came after him, for rooting out his secrets. And of course, Vowrawn had no worries about the player’s Sith Warrior, because they were allies and mutually benefitted each other’s goals.

Even now, in the situation where Vowrawn is Emperor, I don’t see him pursuing Scourge as an enemy, he’d try the ally approach first, because he would know that Scourge betrayed Vitiate in order to keep him from devouring the galaxy. That’s common knowledge now, given what happened to both Nathema and Ziost. So long as Vowrawn doesn’t plan on becoming Vitiate 2.0 I don’t see why they wouldn’t at least be tolerant of each other, but of course being Sith keeping a wary eye.

During the time of the Outlander, I see Scourge as seeking out a way to help the cause against the Eternal Empire in his own way, especially if the Outlander is a Jedi Knight. The Emperor had tons of secret facilities which Scourge would likely know about.

Now the only thing that concerns me, is that the game will claim that Scourge’s immortality and lack of feeling will return with the Emperor’s death, which isn’t possible, by his death alone. Scourge had green elixirs pumped into him and Sith Alchemy done to give him that immortality. Just because the Emperor dies, doesn’t mean that the Elixirs and rituals no longer have any effect. Blood replaced by green gunk doesn’t magically restore itself to blood. The elixirs and rituals were mentioned in the Revan book by Karpyshyn.

Above all, Scourge is still Sith in his mentality and upbringing and existence, but he is of the True Sith that put value in passion, and I think this passion is something he devotes on preservation, his own, and by extension the galaxy, so he will always do what it takes to keep the galaxy alive, but I don't see him leading a side.

Edited by Lunafox