The New RISHI STRONGHOLD - Comments and Suggestions

Holocron

This is getting worse and worse. I wasn't able to find anyone in the sh to invite me to see it on the pts today. But everything new I hear makes it worse, and worse sounding as a stronghold when not planning to use it 100% for pvp.

They should have had a permanent opt out option for the PvP additions (companion vanishing, PvP notices, gates and whatever else etc)

I don't think it is 100% for pvp, just the 'arena' like part on the hovercraft.

• Replies 305
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't think it is 100% for pvp, just the 'arena' like part on the hovercraft.

I would rather they separate the two sections and have the ship be strictly for pvp. They can then redo the ground area by removing 50% of the shanty structures and replace it with beaches, palms, waterfalls and the like. Sell the two as distinct strongholds apart from one another and everyone would be happy.

This is getting worse and worse. I wasn't able to find anyone in the sh to invite me to see it on the pts today. But everything new I hear makes it worse, and worse sounding as a stronghold when not planning to use it 100% for pvp.

They should have had a permanent opt out option for the PvP additions (companion vanishing, PvP notices, gates and whatever else etc)

When I asked them yesterday on the stream, about the possibility of someone coming into your stronghold and attacking you, they stated that they couldn't do that just by visiting your stronghold. I don't worry too much about my companion disappearing for a short time (they normally come right back after you leave the pvp area) and I don't really pay attention to the pvp notice especially after asking the devs what I asked about. It would be a problem if you could be attack by a random person visiting your stronghold. From what I have found there are 2 pvp areas, one at the front of the stronghold and then one area on the carrier which is actually on top of the carrier and you have to actually travel a bit to get there.

Edited by casirabit

When I asked them yesterday on the stream, about the possibility of someone coming into your stronghold and attacking you, they stated that they couldn't do that just by visiting your stronghold. I don't worry too much about my companion disappearing for a short time (they normally come right back after you leave the pvp area) and I don't really pay attention to the pvp notice especially after asking the devs what I asked about. It would be a problem if you could be attack by a random person visiting your stronghold. From what I have found there are 2 pvp areas, one at the front of the stronghold and then one area on the carrier which is actually on top of the carrier and you have to actually travel a bit to get there.

But for someone who is anxious, seeing "you are entering a PvP area" flashing on your screen is unpleasaant, even if nothing's going to happen. Especially when you can't go anywhere else in the stronghold without seeing that message.

I don't want notifications, nor do I want my companion vanishing anywhere, not even in two rather sizable areas of the stronghold, where's my opt out of those "pvp rules" option? that's all I'm asking/bothered by. I was just averagely fine with the SH all the way up til I heard those two things just here, that's just annoying in a really niggly "why do that?" way.

It's not about being randomly attacked.

Travelling isn't it either, I want to be able to decorate anywhere in an sh I spend that many credits or cc on and have my companion around everywhere in my stronghold.

It's fine if you don't mind the companion vanishing in 2 areas that I'd decorate as if they were not PvP places at all if that's even possible, depending on the hook types and locations, but why remove my companion in two areas of my stronghold when I am not pvp'ing? I always love having mine there all the time in my strongholds.

But for someone who is anxious, seeing "you are entering a PvP area" flashing on your screen is unpleasaant, even if nothing's going to happen. Especially when you can't go anywhere else in the stronghold without seeing that message.

You only see the message twice and the last one you actually have to travel to get to that area. The only place you will see that message is at the front of the stronghold and after that the message is not relayed again until you get to the carrier, on top of the carrier actually, and travel to the area that is for pvp. Those are the only 2 places you see the message.

I don't want notifications, nor do I want my companion vanishing anywhere, not even in two rather sizable areas of the stronghold, where's my opt out of those "pvp rules" option? that's all I'm asking/bothered by. I was just averagely fine with the SH all the way up til I heard those two things just here, that's just annoying in a really niggly "why do that?" way.

It's not about being randomly attacked.

Travelling isn't it either, I want to be able to decorate anywhere in an sh I spend that many credits or cc on and have my companion around everywhere in my stronghold.

It's fine if you don't mind the companion vanishing in 2 areas that I'd decorate as if they were not PvP places at all if that's even possible, depending on the hook types and locations, but why remove my companion in two areas of my stronghold when I am not pvp'ing? I always love having mine there all the time in my strongholds.

You can decorate those areas should you desire. There are hooks there.

You only see the message twice and the last one you actually have to travel to get to that area. The only place you will see that message is at the front of the stronghold and after that the message is not relayed again until you get to the carrier, on top of the carrier actually, and travel to the area that is for pvp. Those are the only 2 places you see the message.

I don't want to see it at all. I have abandoned quests I've paid for, like HK-51, to avoid two seconds of being in a PvP area. I don't want to see it in a stronghold.

Also, that one message is on the ship, it's true, but the other is as you say *at the front* of the stronghold. You can't go anywhere else without seeing it. So if you are as upset about PvP you can't use the SH at all essentially, because you have to walk through that area and see that message at the front every time.

Also, I feel like, as Asmodesu said above, if you're paying millions to unlock a stronghold you should be able to go through the entire thing without anxiety-inducing PvP messages *anywhere*.

The easy way around that, and the disappearing companions, would be to just let people entirely turn off the PvP aspects.

Edited by IoNonSoEVero

They have made an excellent additional PVP Arena. I'm sure all the PVPers out there will rejoice that they now have a private SH to conduct their battles in and hack-and-slash to their heart's content. The Devs have succeeded in this.

They have made a terrible Stronghold. It has very limited potential to be anything but a rusty scrapyard, and the forced PVP nature of at least two of the main areas of the SH (along with the very bold red letters telling you about it) mean that, even if you don't want to PVP in your, essentially, home, you will be forced into it anytime you use those areas. And, of course, there is no way to turn that off.

So, the PVPers get their SH, and the rest of us are left dreaming of what it could have been to us.

Bravo.

They have made an excellent additional PVP Arena. I'm sure all the PVPers out there will rejoice that they now have a private SH to conduct their battles in and hack-and-slash to their heart's content. The Devs have succeeded in this.

They have made a terrible Stronghold. It has very limited potential to be anything but a rusty scrapyard, and the forced PVP nature of at least two of the main areas of the SH (along with the very bold red letters telling you about it) mean that, even if you don't want to PVP in your, essentially, home, you will be forced into it anytime you use those areas. And, of course, there is no way to turn that off.

So, the PVPers get their SH, and the rest of us are left dreaming of what it could have been to us.

Bravo.

I'm sad too. I can't make this a home.

Bravo.

Wonder how many people will get ambushed while decorating their own SH? Sounds exciting. lol

After the stream, I understand one thing: It's the stronghold fans / decoration people who keep this game running.

And you get milked.

I was hoping for a small hideout that I could use for my one pirate themed character and her crew. If it's that huge, it makes no sense for a pirate themed stronghold. The island and beach would have sufficed for my taste. But I understand that a big stronghold like that costs a lot more real life moolah than a small one. It makes sense from BW's perspective.

You know, reading the comments on Dulfy and reading somehere has made me realise there is a minority of people who care about their strongholds. And even smaller than that, there is a small part of that who are guild strongholds or who spend the time to actually decorate their strongholds for fun, and even smaller than that, are people who are incredible enthusiastic about having a new stronghold.

For most guilds, they use a guild ship. I have been in a few guilds on my alts, and have noticed that they have guild ships, but their stronghold is never used. And even their guild ship isn't used much either.

Think about it, how many guilds are out there, who have guild ships, who are active on their guild ships, who have a lot of activity on their guild ships? I think not a lot.

I am just surprised that Bioware has put dev time and effort into making this stronghold that a minority care about. I'm not saying I don't appreciate the new stuff, but it would be great to know that they are working towards something for the majority.

The rishi stronghold looks too massive for my liking anyway.

You know, reading the comments on Dulfy and reading somehere has made me realise there is a minority of people who care about their strongholds. And even smaller than that, there is a small part of that who are guild strongholds or who spend the time to actually decorate their strongholds for fun, and even smaller than that, are people who are incredible enthusiastic about having a new stronghold.

For most guilds, they use a guild ship. I have been in a few guilds on my alts, and have noticed that they have guild ships, but their stronghold is never used. And even their guild ship isn't used much either.

Think about it, how many guilds are out there, who have guild ships, who are active on their guild ships, who have a lot of activity on their guild ships? I think not a lot.

I am just surprised that Bioware has put dev time and effort into making this stronghold that a minority care about. I'm not saying I don't appreciate the new stuff, but it would be great to know that they are working towards something for the majority.

The rishi stronghold looks too massive for my liking anyway.

I don't know if you can accurately gauge swtor gamer's interests by forum posts.

Honestly I find nearly everyone enjoys stormholds and decorating their own SHs. It also seems tons of people seem intent on getting guildships too.

How are you deducing that hardly anyone cares about SHs and what do you think people care most about I am just curious what you see on the forums that indicates what they care more about.

I don't know if you can accurately gauge swtor gamer's interests by forum posts.

Honestly I find nearly everyone enjoys stormholds and decorating their own SHs. It also seems tons of people seem intent on getting guildships too.

How are you deducing that hardly anyone cares about SHs and what do you think people care most about I am just curious what you see on the forums that indicates what they care more about.

Obviously I have no statistics to back this up, but from my own experience and perspective in game, on teamspeak etc, I've heard what other players have to say, and the majority of them don't care about strongholds that much, especially their personal strongholds because:

1. For them they prefer using the guild ship or standing on the fleet for their banking/trading needs

2. It's too much effect to decorate their stronghold, or they just spam build for the bonuses

3. Nobody visits their stronghold anyway, and even if they did decorate it nicely, nobody would really care.

I do see on the forums that a lot of people are into strongholds, enough so that they will actually go on the forums and post about it (a minority use the forum), but from in game feedback, there are different opinions.

Wonder how many people will get ambushed while decorating their own SH? Sounds exciting. lol

I asked that question and they said they couldn't do that. While it may be fun for you, remember not everyone likes pvp so being attacked in your own stronghold is not cool or exciting for some.

Obviously I have no statistics to back this up, but from my own experience and perspective in game, on teamspeak etc, I've heard what other players have to say, and the majority of them don't care about strongholds that much, especially their personal strongholds because:

1. For them they prefer using the guild ship or standing on the fleet for their banking/trading needs

2. It's too much effect to decorate their stronghold, or they just spam build for the bonuses

3. Nobody visits their stronghold anyway, and even if they did decorate it nicely, nobody would really care.

I do see on the forums that a lot of people are into strongholds, enough so that they will actually go on the forums and post about it (a minority use the forum), but from in game feedback, there are different opinions.

And that can be taken in anything that is game wise. The group I play with there is only one person (my boyfriend) that is into pvp so from my point of view and my experience there is not that many into pvp. Most of the time your experiences are what you are into and that clouds your judgment. I would never say that pvp or operations is something a minority do even though my playstyle is one that avoids pvp and only do operations once in a blue moon but I know there are more people than just me and my sphere of influence.

Edited by casirabit

And that can be taken in anything that is game wise. The group I play with there is only one person (my boyfriend) that is into pvp so from my point of view and my experience there is not that many into pvp. Most of the time your experiences are what you are into and that clouds your judgment. I would never say that pvp or operations is something a minority do even though my playstyle is one that avoids pvp and only do operations once in a blue moon but I know there are more people than just me and my sphere of influence.

So you're essentially saying that we can have opinions based on our experiences? Well I never...

I asked that question and they said they couldn't do that. While it may be fun for you, remember not everyone likes pvp so being attacked in your own stronghold is not cool or exciting for some.

Oh come on. A little spontaneous combat to liven up the decorating experience wouldn't get your heart rate up? :p

Yeah I know, I was just thinking it would be pretty humorous if people could attack others in their own SH I figured they would not allow this. Imagine the trolling that would happen.

So you're essentially saying that we can have opinions based on our experiences? Well I never...

I asked you how you came to this conclusion just out of curiosity as i wondered your realm of influence basically. I don't know if you are right or wrong about the percentage of swtor players who value SHs but was just wondering where your view came from.

I think their must be a bigger percentage of players clamoring for SH stuffs or they wouldn't have done it. I am not sure how they gather their information but it seems it comes from sources we are not privy to.

Honestly many changes I view as seemingly a waste in resources and time others point out they actually think they were great changes so I don't even try to gauge what other players as a whole value or not on this game.

All I can do is point out what in my mind is a waste of time, but again I hesitate to think my view is shared by the majority. I am surprised at how very different many other gamers view facets of this game compared to my own views.

I asked you how you came to this conclusion just out of curiosity as i wondered your realm of influence basically. I don't know if you are right or wrong about the percentage of swtor players who value SHs but was just wondering where your view came from.

I've already said where my conclusion came from...players talking in game, on teamspeak, within guilds etc...

And this may be why we got a stronghold that the players who enjoy decorating are not happy with, while the players looking for a private place for group-pvp in are overjoyed. Aside from setting up tournaments, this stronghold has a lot of potential for guilds with even the slightest pvp focus, a perfect training ground for 4v4 tactics. It also looks fine even without any decorations, so little to no effort on decorating required if you don't want to.

I think the problem most Stronghold enthusiasts have with Rishi, is that we asked for such a long time for a SH on Rishi, and when it came it wasn't for us. It makes sense that the galaxy's "fight club" is located in the worst s***hole of a remote backwater planet, but the PVPers couldn't care less *where* the stronghold is supposed to be located as long as it has all that functionality, while the decorators wanted a nice serene "hideout" and not a huge abandoned slum. Chances are low that we'll ever get a nice Rishi home for our space-barbies, now that there already is a Rishi SH.

Edited by Mubrak