Bring back for a weekend 90cc/150cc transfers

fushnchips

Maybe what they should do is offer subscribers one freebie or cheap transfer. I think it was Keith who mentioned he has transferred characters so his legacy is backed up on another server. For the sake of backing things up alone, it seems like a prudent idea to transfer at least one character to the other NA server.

It must be a European thing because I don’t see these sorts of problems in the US

Yeah I'm thinking he's from another country. Even what he writes seems completely harmless. I'm not understanding his philosophy of a common trade practice.

I never said iam proud of what i did, the actions of abusers like me had bad impact on game economy...

You're not an abuser. If you have such a horrible feeling about it why'd you do it? YOU DID NOTHING WRONG! THERE'S NOTHING WRONG WITH DOING WHAT YOU DID! I wish I could still do this. :cool:

Now iam just trying to point out (using my own example) that devs did the right thing removing constant cheap server transfers. Personally, i dont care if they do so or no bit if they do ill start to abuse it again to get tonnes of more credits since it's not against ToS.

^ WHAT? Contradiction? You say: "OMG I'm so horrible. I did wrong. I"m an abuser.... BUT I'd do it again." What? :confused:

About killing the game, the game is being killed not only by devs but also because of abusers and cheaters. Cheap transfers makes it easy for those who are willing to wintrade to transfer mains and alts to another server for easy wintrade/qsync. If you were monitoring previous arena system you would see how many people were transfering from red eclipse to french and german servers for doing their dirty wintrade business but returned back when they got the needed elo. With big prices it costs pretty much for them (so at least they have to pay much real money to transfer all alts and main character), and takes more time to do it (if they expect to use only monthly granted cc).

So you're an abuser... You've contributed to killing the game and you're grateful Bioware raised prices to curb this practice, but you'd do it all again if transfers were dropped to 90cc? Um ok then.

Making character transfers constant will cause many negative features for some spheres of the game, iam sure of it

I am not sure of it and that I'm sure of!

I am not sure of it and that I'm sure of!

Nah it is easy - i know i did bad cuz people like me who abused that caused big damage to gtn economy (inflation), and i understand that. HOWEVER, i will do it again If given a chance because i like credits even if i know it is bad for game economy. Nothing contradicts here just a guy admit he did bad things for economy but wont stop it because of selfishness ;)

And my recommendation is NOT PROVIDING CONSTANT cheap transfers but just to provide them time-to-time (mostly on different holidays). This will give a chance for people to transfer and play on different servers but wont give a chance for re-sellers and Wintraders a constant field for abuse.

Nah it is easy - i know i did bad cuz people like me who abused that caused big damage to gtn economy (inflation), and i understand that. HOWEVER, i will do it again If given a chance because i like credits even if i know it is bad for game economy. Nothing contradicts here just a guy admit he did bad things for economy but wont stop it because of selfishness ;)

And my recommendation is NOT PROVIDING CONSTANT cheap transfers but just to provide them time-to-time (mostly on different holidays). This will give a chance for people to transfer and play on different servers but wont give a chance for re-sellers and Wintraders a constant field for abuse.

I think you're stuck in this mode and nobody can change your mind. Even if Keith came on here and said: "Omaan, what you did was fine and didn't hurt the game, " you wouldn't change your tune. I think you take pride in making the credits as you keep mentioning how much you've made and you feel your current stance draws some notoriety to you. Also, trust me (you won't) but no way one player did "big damage" to an MMO's economy. So no more arguing. We'll just have to agree to disagree. I did exactly what you did, and I know I didn't do anything wrong or hurt the game.

Edited by Zerileth

I think you're stuck in this mode and nobody can change your mind. Even if Keith came on here and said: "Omaan, what you did was fine and didn't hurt the game, " you wouldn't change your tune. I think you take pride in making the credits as you keep mentioning how much you've made and you feel your current stance draws some notoriety to you. Also, trust me (you won't) but no way one player did "big damage" to an MMO's economy. So no more arguing. We'll just have to agree to disagree. I did exactly what you did, and I know I didn't do anything wrong or hurt the game.

You just dont understand how does the in-game economy works, and what reasons of inflation could exist. Me alone wouldn't cause any damage to it YET as you have mentioned you did it too, and iam more than sure that we werent alone. Many people did it so without any doubts there were many players who did this. Players like we got easy credits and all transferred them to our home-servers, and by doing it we got a chance to buy all we want on gtn for high price on our server which of course caused the inflation (among with other reasons of course).

You can agree or disagree but be sure there were reasons to remove constant cheap transfers.

Please no. I actually like post-merge Harbinger-Satele Shan now that most of the persistent trolls left. It actually feel peaceful these past few months. But the server need to move back to west coast.

LoL, they haven’t moved to other servers. They’ve just left the game. There are still way more trolls on SS than any other server in the game,

The games peaceful because everyone is leaving

Edited by TrixxieTriss

Please no. I actually like post-merge Harbinger-Satele Shan now that most of the persistent trolls left. It actually feel peaceful these past few months. But the server need to move back to west coast.

Not sure what SS you play on but the persistent trolls that were on Harb are still on SS. lol Maybe you just forgot you put them on ignore. lol

IMO it's as busy & toxic as ever. ;)

You think trolls on Satele Shan now are worse than before?.....remember the time when fleet genchat was spammed with every toxic hate-filled xenophobe/transphobe/queerphobe/misogynistic rants and when everyone just can't stop talking about hating everything and using alts to keep on hating... for the entire year or two? No?

Star Forge population is bigger than Satele Shan. Before transfer get expensive again, people migrate to larger population servers which include bored toxic people. Now that both servers are East Coast. It doesn't even matter is it?