Conquest Changes Coming in 5.8

EricMusco

As long as the SH needs to be 100% unlocked to get the 25% bunus, I'd be fine with it...

Thats the problem. Why do I NOT see bioware putting in the effort to make that so.

The guy that spends 5000 credits to unlock DK or Cor. and nothing more, gets the full bonus and is on the same level as the guy that spent 8 million or more to unlock it and decorate it.

If that is the way it is and you don't have to at least unlock the entire place, thats a bit unfair.

I'd rather see it filled with chairs so gamers get the full bonus as that at least takes a bit of time and money, than just buying the 5000 credit start up and doing nothing more for the same bonus.

SNIP...

Some elaboration is required. Do you mean owned SH as in "completely unlocked one", or just "bought SH"?

I get the feeling bioware is not in a big hurry to answer that question.

Edited by Quraswren

• Replies 317
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Any possibility that you could also change the SH interface so we can order them the way we want (or you auto order them by which the toon went to last)? It's getting really old trying to go to the back just to jump to NS... especially since I have two and *their* order keeps changing, so the one I want is always on page 2 or 3, but never 1 Q_Q

Hey folks,

[*]The Stronghold bonus still applies but has been changed. Each owned Stronghold counts for a 25% bonus, up to a max of 150%. Sorry to all you “Stronghold full of chairs” owners out there.

-eric

Was that really necessary, the dig I mean? It seems a little...well, i wont' say what i'm thinking, but it's not favorable. If you DIDN'T make the damn strongholds so damn fricking expensive in the FIRST PLACE that I was broke and could only afford the CHEAP *** chairs, I wouldn't have NEEDED to fill it with chairs. Honestly! Wth! I did it to help my guild. I spend all my creds, scrimped,saved, borrowed, etc to help out during conquest. Belittling the efforts is just awful. I get the sentiment for changing it, but it feels a little awful that I've spent I dont even want to count how many credits opening the things, and for less than it cost to open even one of them fully, you'll let everyone have full bonus.

To quote another character (in a way) from your other games, I'm going to pull a Cassandra. *Disgusted noise!

The biggest problem I see is that a major criteria for conquest guilds choose planets based on people in the guild needing a particular title. It is never everyone, but most have a voting system, voice or otherwise to determine which planet to go for when seeking a title. If a planet is low yield but the majority need that title the large guild will go for that, not for an easy time, but for the title for their guildies.

Conquest guilds are competitive by nature. These changes will take away the advantage of planning and organization has that also go with a competitive nature. Random planets can't be planned for. It won't take away the adaptability that is also a part of a competitive nature.

Dear Eric,

I think this question hasn't been asked yet (or maybe I haven't understood your post correctly):

Aside from the new dailies (could you elaborate on them?), will you add new tasks/missions/objectives which players can do in order to get conquest points?

I prefer the conquest weeks which includes e. g. Heroics. The currently ongoing conquest week only has group content and crafting. Since I have a very exhausting week at work, I cannot be bothered to do any group content. I just want to shut off my brain and play without any pressure for a bit before I fall into bed. Thus all I can do to get to the required 50.000 points is crafting. That's a bit boring.

I would very much enjoy if every conquest week includes a couple of solo objectives. In fact, I was wondering if you could add ALL missions from the "activities" window to the conquest game? That would be great.

Thank you for your reply.

Edited by JattaGin

i have 1 big problem with this patch so to all that have there chair strongholds 1 that means they completly opened all the doors then filled there requirment of decorating but now your saying all they have to do is have an untouched stronghold to get same benifit of someone that payed millions of credits opening all the doors

Several people have asked about stopping the EXPLOIT of guild hopping for conquest points. It does not bode well that nothing about this has been mentioned in the patch notes. This is, however, a perfect time to implement some type of mechanism to prevent this.

Example: A new character joins a guild. A 1 week delay timer starts in allowing personal conquest to be added to overall guild conquest.

Example: A new character joins a guild. A 1 week delay timer starts so that character cannot earn conquest points until timer up.

Those are just 2 examples. There are MANY different options available to address this issue.

but if bigger guilds can do less for the same reward it is just going to be abused.

I am curious how this will be addressed?

Of COURSE it's going to be abused. SWTOR is populated by people isn't it? As long as the bully mentality exists, the penchant for the bigger to exploit the smaller is going to be an issue. And it probably isn't going to be addressed. How could it be? Short of making it off limits for a guild to go for an objective beneath their abilities, there isn't much EAware can do. And if they did that, what would be the point of the Galactic Conqueror title?

Several people have asked about stopping the EXPLOIT of guild hopping for conquest points. It does not bode well that nothing about this has been mentioned in the patch notes. This is, however, a perfect time to implement some type of mechanism to prevent this.

Example: A new character joins a guild. A 1 week delay timer starts in allowing personal conquest to be added to overall guild conquest.

Example: A new character joins a guild. A 1 week delay timer starts so that character cannot earn conquest points until timer up.

Those are just 2 examples. There are MANY different options available to address this issue.

Rather than a 1 week timer, just make it so the person cannot earn conquest points on that character until the end of the current conquest week. That would reset all timers the same time that conquest resets, probably much more doable than placing a 1 week restriction on the toon, which could result in carryover to the following conquest week.

Thats the problem. Why do I NOT see bioware putting in the effort to make that so.

The guy that spends 5000 credits to unlock DK or Cor. and nothing more, gets the full bonus and is on the same level as the guy that spent 8 million or more to unlock it and decorate it.

If that is the way it is and you don't have to at least unlock the entire place, thats a bit unfair.

I'd rather see it filled with chairs so gamers get the full bonus as that at least takes a bit of time and money, than just buying the 5000 credit start up and doing nothing more for the same bonus.

I get the feeling bioware is not in a big hurry to answer that question.

so you are saying you want a pay to win game? "I payed more so I win"?

i have 1 big problem with this patch so to all that have there chair strongholds 1 that means they completly opened all the doors then filled there requirment of decorating but now your saying all they have to do is have an untouched stronghold to get same benifit of someone that payed millions of credits opening all the doors

I have a problem with this as well, 1 have 4 strongholds at 100%, I did not "fill them with chairs". And now this effort shall be for naught, as it no longer will count. I could just as easily have left them all empty, never opened a single area, and they would still count the same. Just another effort by EAware to dumb the game down.

Was that really necessary, the dig I mean? It seems a little...well, i wont' say what i'm thinking, but it's not favorable. If you DIDN'T make the damn strongholds so damn fricking expensive in the FIRST PLACE that I was broke and could only afford the CHEAP *** chairs, I wouldn't have NEEDED to fill it with chairs. Honestly! Wth! I did it to help my guild. I spend all my creds, scrimped,saved, borrowed, etc to help out during conquest. Belittling the efforts is just awful. I get the sentiment for changing it, but it feels a little awful that I've spent I dont even want to count how many credits opening the things, and for less than it cost to open even one of them fully, you'll let everyone have full bonus.

To quote another character (in a way) from your other games, I'm going to pull a Cassandra. *Disgusted noise!

I mean technically they haven't said whether it's fully unlocked or not, just fully decorated or not. Since I already have 6 fully unlocked (and full of pictures/plants) SH I don't really care if they make it more avaliable, since I don't have to get anything else, but I can understand the frustration of people who did pay boatloads unlocking them and time decorating them. You know since I did myself.

I have a problem with this as well, 1 have 4 strongholds at 100%, I did not "fill them with chairs". And now this effort shall be for naught, as it no longer will count. I could just as easily have left them all empty, never opened a single area, and they would still count the same. Just another effort by EAware to dumb the game down.

I really don't have a problem per se. I do hope that they will have to at least unlock the stronghold completely to get the bonus. I have all 7 strongholds and there is sometimes where a stronghold doesn't work with 100%. It looks too crowded. I took the time to decorate my stronghold and not decorate the chairs.

The problem with decorating before is the prestige that comes with it. People that have decorated with just chairs wins up on the top of the directory and when someone is trying to visit strongholds all they see is chairs littered everywhere. I know I have visited a few to see what people have done and have a couple of them I said forget it, not worth the trouble of visiting any more since people took the lazy way out to decorate a stronghold. There are some, like you, that actually took the time but half the time when I go to visit strongholds I wind up in a stronghold that all it has is chairs and it turns me off on visiting anymore.

I really don't have a problem per se. I do hope that they will have to at least unlock the stronghold completely to get the bonus. I have all 7 strongholds and there is sometimes where a stronghold doesn't work with 100%. It looks too crowded. I took the time to decorate my stronghold and not decorate the chairs.

The problem with decorating before is the prestige that comes with it. People that have decorated with just chairs wins up on the top of the directory and when someone is trying to visit strongholds all they see is chairs littered everywhere. I know I have visited a few to see what people have done and have a couple of them I said forget it, not worth the trouble of visiting any more since people took the lazy way out to decorate a stronghold. There are some, like you, that actually took the time but half the time when I go to visit strongholds I wind up in a stronghold that all it has is chairs and it turns me off on visiting anymore.

I have always wondered why they have those open to the public. Are they proud of their chair collection?

I mean technically they haven't said whether it's fully unlocked or not, just fully decorated or not. Since I already have 6 fully unlocked (and full of pictures/plants) SH I don't really care if they make it more avaliable, since I don't have to get anything else, but I can understand the frustration of people who did pay boatloads unlocking them and time decorating them. You know since I did myself.

Not to mention that it will now be easier to attain that 150% bonus. You don't have to do anything, just belly up to the kiosk and buy the SH, and bam, Bob's your uncle. At least before, it took actual work, time, and credits to reach that magical 150% mark. Right now I have 4 SH's at 100%, and another at just over 60%, and I am sitting at 114%. And damned proud of my 114%. I earned it. Now, any schmuck with a few million creds can surpass that in a matter of minutes. I feel as if I am being robbed. I want my creds back, I want compensated for the time I spent to decorate them. I don't expect to be, but at least then I wouldn't feel like I have just been robbed at blaster point.

... and in both of those examples you punish legitimate new players.

Guild hopping is not an exploit - it's well known that the bigger guilds will generally win some of the rarer planets more often... that's just the nature of conquest.

Besides... I thought there was a mechanic already that locked people out of an event if they joined the guild mid-event.

Edited by Aderes

Not to mention that it will now be easier to attain that 150% bonus. You don't have to do anything, just belly up to the kiosk and buy the SH, and bam, Bob's your uncle. At least before, it took actual work, time, and credits to reach that magical 150% mark. Right now I have 4 SH's at 100%, and another at just over 60%, and I am sitting at 114%. And damned proud of my 114%. I earned it. Now, any schmuck with a few million creds can surpass that in a matter of minutes. I feel as if I am being robbed. I want my creds back, I want compensated for the time I spent to decorate them. I don't expect to be, but at least then I wouldn't feel like I have just been robbed at blaster point.

Really? It takes very little effort and almost no additional money to fully decorate a SH if all you are after is the CQ bonus. There are plenty of decorations out there with 999 limits from achievements or very inexpensive vendors. If you decorated in any other way, it's because you got satisfaction from the aesthetic, not because it was necessary for your bonus.

I just don't see the why the complaints that suddenly it's "easier" to get the SH bonus. It was a flawed design to begin with, so I'm actually glad they're doing away with the decorating requirement (and this is someone with 7 fully unlocked and non-meat tree decorated SH's).

Edited by SelenaCat

No, we're saying we want a game that takes more effort than just bellying up to a kiosk and making a purchase.

bellying up to the door and making a purchase is hardly "effort" You got the benefit of unlocking those rooms for years of conquest bonuses. I have them all unlocked including yavin, so it doesnt effect me.

Six empty Strongholds does mean 150% bonus, yes.

-eric

Exactly what I was afraid of. I would like all the credits I spent on my now uselessly opened strongholds returned to me. I would also like Cartel Coins as compensation for all the now useless hours I spent decorating my four 100% completed strongholds. I expect to see pigs fly first of course, given EAware's track record of royally hosing their players, but I'll just throw it out there anyway since I feel as If I have just been robbed at blaster point.