Conquest Changes Coming in 5.8

EricMusco

One of the reasons folks asked for a schedule was so they could plan which planet to target which week. Looks like this is mostly out the window now. I'm having a hard time seeing how a random week is going to help anyone who prefers to make a plan of attack?

I assume they are trying to stop "making a plan of attack", especially for crafting weeks, so guilds can't have 5 million pts 5 minutes after reset.

Seems silly to me, but I know some folks complain about that.

• Replies 317
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm not interested in the Yavin, Umbara and Tatooine SH so I don't buy them. That means it's a total loss of 75% conquest bonus then. 😕

You already don't get that extra 75% bonus anyway. You are no worse off then you were before the changes, in fact you may be mildly better since you could buy them but not have to waste time decorating to get the bonus.

Edited by LordTurin

Let me try to let it out with an example and see if I can make more sense of it. Let's say a Conquest has 3 planets that you can invade...

Planet 1

Low point requirement to complete

Low reward for completing that conquest

Planet 2

Medium point requirement to complete

Medium reward for completing that conquest

Planet 3

High point requirement to complete

High reward for completing that conquest

If you look at planet 1, since there is a lower point requirement to complete the Conquest, it is loosely targeted at smaller guilds. However, since it is easier to complete, it means less rewards. If a large Guild still wanted to go for it, they still can. It will obviously be easier for them with larger player contribution, but they would be sacrificing conquest rewards to do so (since planet 2 and 3 would reward more).

TLDR - Small planets mean small rewards, big planets mean big rewards.

Will the yields of any particular planet be fixed (i.e. Rishi is always a high yield, Ilum a medium, etc.), or will those be randomized as well? I can forsee problems getting the Galaxy Conqueror title if certain planets are always Low Yield, making them an unattractive planet to invade except when specifically hunting for achievements.

Lol! :p:D

Thanks for these updates, it was really necessary, especially the stronghold one! :)

Pfft, The stronghold bonus was the least needed, and seems quite petty really. The gate for those has always been the credit amount needed to unlock all the rooms. The cost of decorations to fill it with junk was nothing. But I'll have no issue with this unless it is not required to unlock all the rooms to get credits for the entire stronghold.

1) Thank you for no more Conquest bonus being tied to stronghold completion.

2) Unless there was some other change made to it, can you FINALLY disconnect Death Mark from Bounty Week? Unlike Rakghoul and Gree Conquests, there has been absolutely nothing in Death Mark that requires Bounty Week to be running so it essentially tills one of the 4 monthly Conquest slots each and every month for no good reason.

You already don't get that extra 75% bonus anyway. You are no worse off then you were before the changes, in fact you may be mildly better since you could buy them but not have to waste time decorating to get the bonus.

True, but I guess I just don't like having them filling up the pages over the SH I actually use and decorated.

What will happen when future SH are added? Is it going to decrease the value of each SH to keep the cap at 150%?

So, am I understanding correctly that all a guild needs to do is earn X number of points to get the guild reward, and that the Top 10 list is done away with? Hundreds of guilds could get the guild reward for a planet, rather than just 10, in a given week? That would be a most welcome change for a guild as small as ours.

I'm also concerned about the real-life money I put into unlocking all of the rooms in my stronghold, an effort and expense that may now be pointless (aside from the few years' worth of full bonus I've already enjoyed in past Conquests, of course.) I don't suppose there will be any sort of perk given to those of us who gave you $$ to get the bonuses that are now much cheaper?

Concerns about now-moot expenses aside, I'm glad to see that it's easier to get the full 150%, as we have guild members that just didn't have the personal funds to contribute maximum points to the guild effort, and now they can!

[*]Weekly Conquests are no longer on a set schedule and will be randomly selected each week. The exception to this rule is that Conquests that coincide with recurring events will still be on a set schedule (such as the Gree event).

-eric

This sounds like a potential nightmare for people like me that are missing a couple of planets that due to RNG might now never appear. On the other hand, whoever is scheduling conquest now seems to just repeat the same set of conquests over and over and over ...

What will happen when future SH are added? Is it going to decrease the value of each SH to keep the cap at 150%?

When they added the 7th stronghold (Umbara,) it didn't decrease the value of the six existing strongholds. The only change it did, really, was give us options for where our 6th stronghold could be, if we just wanted enough for a conquest bonus. I expect that will continue when strongholds number 8, 9, etc. come along.

Addendum: In fact, now that I think about it, the addition of Yavin didn't decrease our 100% bonus, and the addition of Manaan didn't decrease the 125% - they only added to it as we added decorations. Buying our second, third and fourth strongholds, back when there were only the original four, did affect the total, however, IIRC. I wonder if those four still do, but that's getting more off-topic than I already have gone.

Edited by Trackrick

The Stronghold bonus still applies but has been changed. Each owned Stronghold counts for a 25% bonus, up to a max of 150%. Sorry to all you “Stronghold full of chairs” owners out there.

Six empty Strongholds does mean 150% bonus, yes.

So what you're saying is that people who put nothing but chairs in their strongholds are now on the same level as people who actually spent credits or cartel coins to fully unlock and decorate their strongholds?

Edited by BenKatarn

This sounds like a potential nightmare for people like me that are missing a couple of planets that due to RNG might now never appear. On the other hand, whoever is scheduling conquest now seems to just repeat the same set of conquests over and over and over ...

RNG: It's exciting! :cool:

The Stronghold bonus still applies but has been changed. Each owned Stronghold counts for a 25% bonus, up to a max of 150%. Sorry to all you “Stronghold full of chairs” owners out there.

Does that include copies of each stronghold?

Due to the merger change, I have several DK / Tat / Corsc strongholds, do they each count?

One of the reasons folks asked for a schedule was so they could plan which planet to target which week. Looks like this is mostly out the window now. I'm having a hard time seeing how a random week is going to help anyone who prefers to make a plan of attack?

This will especially hurt the lil guilds who prep for crafting week for months in advance. And we all know how RNG works in this game. Im foreseeing that this will be the biggest complaint after 5.8 hits.

Conquest battles between guilds are one of the few things, that after 5 years of playing still keep me eager to play the game, (We had great battles with Fecia Ribelle, *salutes* & many others in the past...). Taking away the top 10 is in my humble opinion another example of dumbing down the game... How simple do you intend to make it..? *facedesk*

So what you're saying is that people who put nothing but chairs in their strongholds are now on the same level as people who actually spent credits or cartel coins to fully unlock and decorate their strongholds?

Isn't it that way already? What they're doing with this change is not forcing people to put chairs just to get bonus.

If someone doesn't want to decorate they can still get bonus. Also, if someone likes how his stronghold is decorated and it's at less then 100% they don't have to go full 100% for bonus. Personally, I had that issue with Manaan, I simply couldn't make it more then 90% and even with that much it looked overstuffed.

True, but I guess I just don't like having them filling up the pages over the SH I actually use and decorated.

I have all 7 of them and only 6 of them actually count. They made that change just prior to adding Umbarra stronghold. They said then that 150% is the maximum and it didn't matter how many strongholds were added later. It would remain at 150%.

Conquest battles between guilds are one of the few things, that after 5 years of playing still keep me eager to play the game, (We had great battles with Fecia Ribelle, *salutes* & many others in the past...). Taking away the top 10 is in my humble opinion another example of dumbing down the game... How simple do you intend to make it..? *facedesk*

Sounds like there's still going to be a top 10 with planets. Just more planets for a top 10.

In you rework of Conquest, will you be addressing the exploit that some cabals of guilds use to cheat the system by shuffling toons in and out of guilds and earning points for more than one guild, and bypassing the maximum number of members allowed? Or will you be ignoring it...again?

Before:

You had to own 6 strongholds and then you had to decorate it to 100% to get the bonus.

What was happening is people would rush to open their strongholds and stack chairs all the way through it to get it to the 100% for the bonus.

Now:

You own 6 strongholds - You get the bonus

You can take your time to decorate your stronghold and make it look nice and you don't have to decorate the stronghold to 100% to get the bonus as there are some that putting 100% in the stronghold may make it look crowded.

Changes look pretty good : )

About that "A section which shows a contribution leaderboard within your Guild"... is that based on Legacy, or just Character? Suspecting the latter, but hoping with the former - my guild rewards our top-scoring Legacies each week, and having a Legacy leaderboard would make that damn easy :rak_03:

Before:

You had to own 6 strongholds and then you had to decorate it to 100% to get the bonus.

What was happening is people would rush to open their strongholds and stack chairs all the way through it to get it to the 100% for the bonus.

Now:

You own 6 strongholds - You get the bonus

You can take your time to decorate your stronghold and make it look nice and you don't have to decorate the stronghold to 100% to get the bonus as there are some that putting 100% in the stronghold may make it look crowded.

As long as the SH needs to be 100% unlocked to get the 25% bunus, I'd be fine with it...

Let me try to let it out with an example and see if I can make more sense of it. Let's say a Conquest has 3 planets that you can invade...

Planet 1

Low point requirement to complete

Low reward for completing that conquest

Planet 2

Medium point requirement to complete

Medium reward for completing that conquest

Planet 3

High point requirement to complete

High reward for completing that conquest

If you look at planet 1, since there is a lower point requirement to complete the Conquest, it is loosely targeted at smaller guilds. However, since it is easier to complete, it means less rewards. If a large Guild still wanted to go for it, they still can. It will obviously be easier for them with larger player contribution, but they would be sacrificing conquest rewards to do so (since planet 2 and 3 would reward more).

TLDR - Small planets mean small rewards, big planets mean big rewards.

1. Will the rewards be visible for each "Tier" prior to setting invasions?
  2. How will the rewards vary per "Tier"? Meaning will the "Small" give something similar to current guild rewards / personal rewards and scale (a higher quantity of the same type or differing rewards) up for "Medium" and "Large"?
  3. Since the Leaderboard is being removed, will there be a "minimum" conquest point objective for each of these new "Tier" planets? Example: For a small guild to complete their conquest objective for a "Small Planet" will they have to collectively achieve, say, 100,000 points?
  4. Can you give an example of some of the new objectives we can expect?
  5. Is there a projected date / time-frame for 5.8? Just a rough target date?

Edited by PorsaLindahl

The two were always on the same level because both had exactly the same bonus.

What this means is that now people like me who want a nicely decorated stronghold don't feel pressured to fill it all the way to 100% just to get the bonus and can instead focus on the aesthetic.

Honestly, it's how it should have been done in the first place.

The only potential variable they should have ever added into the mix was how many rooms you had unlocked because people were always just gonna game the system to get the maximum bonus anyway.