Winter/Spring 2018 Roadmap Update

KeithKanneg

Vaylin coming back? :p

Will we get a kill option for Theron?

You're so eager to kill Paul! I think Charles said during KoTET, that Arcann's fate would be entirely up to us.

Maybe they'll say the same about Theron.:rak_01:

Edited by Eshvara

• Replies 852
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You're so eager to kill Paul! I think Charles said during KoTET, that Arcann's fate would be entirely up to us.

Maybe they'll say the same about Theron.:rak_01:

If he's bringing back the Sith Emperor .. he's dead, I want him gone ... no negotiations.

Would have been nice if we had that choice for Vaylin ... hint hint *cough cough*

At least he's safe if he doesn't! :)

Oh no, I don't think so ...

He's been helping these Uprisings against the Alliance

-

He helped start a war between the Alliance, Empire & Republic

-

He shot Lana.

-

He still hasn't told me why he defected.

-

He caused diplomatic problems between the Alliance and Umbara.

-

He caused diplomatic problems between the Alliance and the Chiss.

-

He gave the snake worshipping whack jobs the location to another super weapon!!! Why?! Theron?! What good can come from giving these idiots a super weapon?!

... this SIS rogue ****** is a dead man!

-

-

He shot Lana.

-

-

-

-

He gave the snake worshipping whack jobs the location to another super weapon!!! Why?! Theron?! What good can come from giving these idiots a super weapon?!

I guess I can see why someone may not want to forgive him for that.

-

-

He shot Lana.

-

-

-

-

It is hard to image what could be so important as to justify all that.

And nothing could be important enough to justify going it alone.

Its Dirt Nap time for my DS characters and my LS will never trust him again.

Edited by QuinlanSaathis

- only i realized what Theron did on last cutscene? He send message to Alliance about Order when he talked with them. It's mean maybe Theron was forced to abandon Alliance for all our sake because that was only way to stop Order from destroing Alliance? Don't know who watched Anime Bleach but there was character who did the same - Ichimaru Gin. Now only it's up to Outlander to forgive Theron or not because he acted with good in mind as i think.

- only i realized what Theron did on last cutscene? He send message to Alliance about Order when he talked with them. It's mean maybe Theron was forced to abandon Alliance for all our sake because that was only way to stop Order from destroing Alliance? Don't know who watched Anime Bleach but there was character who did the same - Ichimaru Gin. Now only it's up to Outlander to forgive Theron or not because he acted with good in mind as i think.

The path to hell is paved with good intentions!

In the best interest of those who have questions about the Winter/Spring Road map update (the topic of this thread), would you guys mind taking speculation about where the story is going and other off-topic banter to a separate thread? I don't want to offend anybody here, or infringe upon your right to talk about whatever you want... but I feel like filling this thread with that type of off-topic chatter will make getting genuine questions about the Original Post much, much more difficult to get answers to when they have to wade through all the unrelated banter and back-and-forth posts that don't have anything to do with the Road Map itself (thread is already 54 pages long!).

Thanks in advance for your consideration.

Edited by PennyAnn

I truly hope that the Devs don't give in to the Kill Quinn, Kill Theron group this time.

Since they have made Arcann, a man responsible for the loss of trillions of lives just because he was in a snit, redeemable and a love interest to boot, they can make Theron be a forgiven character. Road to hell trope aside.

Not hating on Arcann, but, Gods, I hate this betrayal crap and hope they never do this again.

I'd still like to get a Yellow response addressing the angry, vociferous community that is not at all happy about Arcann being advanced as a romance.

...will we at least have the option to exile him?

We had the chance to kill him, no? (I have yet to explore that option myself, but I'm given to understand it's there).

If the story permits you to forgive Arcann of his crimes, I don't see why Theron can't be let off the hook for his. OTOH, if you can kill Aric or Kaliyo for their indiscretions, surely you can kill Theron for his.

It's all in the choices. And, I mean, cripes, it's not like Theron chose the "why don't I just shoot you already" option in the clutch; his blaster was set to stun, after all.

I have characters who will execute him out of hand, regardless of provocation, and others who will accept him back into the fold with the flimsiest excuse.

We had the chance to kill him, no? (I have yet to explore that option myself, but I'm given to understand it's there).

If the story permits you to forgive Arcann of his crimes, I don't see why Theron can't be let off the hook for his. OTOH, if you can kill Aric or Kaliyo for their indiscretions, surely you can kill Theron for his.

It's all in the choices. And, I mean, cripes, it's not like Theron chose the "why don't I just shoot you already" option in the clutch; his blaster was set to stun, after all.

I have characters who will execute him out of hand, regardless of provocation, and others who will accept him back into the fold with the flimsiest excuse.

Agreed!

I was curious, with the potential story of concluding what happened on Nathema and the increase demand of a more 'traditional' setting for the next expac, would it be possible to expand on some Lore in regards to other races of the Empire. In this case I ask directly about Sith Purebloods. There is also the known yet unaddressed issue of their impending extinction. Is it possible to hear more Lore wise from upcoming stories as to how the Empire would react to such a thing? Or even for any changes internally within the Empire at all such as Empress Acina's more modernistic view becoming more widespread and popular.

As well, and I'm certain this has been brought up already, what about the enormous split in story that got thrown on us? Are we going to get a lore confirmation of

Acina's death and Vowrawn becoming Emperor?

or if Acina stays in power? The same could be asked about the Republic side with their potential changes.

Thanks

Getting tired of explaining this...

If you want to kill Arcann, first you have to kill Senya to do it.

For a lot of my characters, killing Arcann was important enough to also kill Senya.

For a few of my characters, not killing Senya was more important than killing Arcann.

At least one of my characters is so sickeningly Light Sided that redeeming Arcann seems like something she'd do.

However... I don't feel that a living Arcann, wondering around free, has been adequately addressed by the story. Given the body-count Arcann is responsible for, he's without a doubt the most hated being in the entire galaxy. You realize he's responsible for at least 10 Trillion Deaths? I really feel like this should be addressed.

Yes, we can kill Arcann. Most of my characters did... but this "he's a good guy now!" hand-waving just doesn't cut it. It doesn't. If you don't understand the enormity of Arcann's crimes... that's understandable; the writing failed in that it really didn't give players a good sense of exactly what Arcann ordered, and what he is responsible for.

If the Dev's are going to open the can of worms that is Arcann... well, it's open. But, for those of us who were paying attention and think this was a mistake of truly epic scale... I'm just saying, it somewhat mitigates this decision by giving the Anti-Arcann fans a chance to get some Closure with Arcann, that doesn't require us to also kill off Senya.

...even my Walking Halo of a Jedi Knight would insist on exiling Arcann.

EA:

"If we can do it, we won't, or we'll do it badly"

"If we do it badly, we'll misdiagnose it, apply the wrong fixes and break more things"

"If it isn't broken, we'll 'fix' it and break it"

"If we do it well, we'll ruin or reverse it later"

And all the while we'll take your money and lead you on a string.

So with the "new augments" are you saying that there are NEW beyond the 230s and 236s that were just released? Can you please provide additional details of this? Many of us have put in great effort to regear our toons and now we are faced with another tier of augments to regear into again?

Eric/Keith please say it isnt so!

Edited by Tasher

I thought Arcann turning bad and getting the black/gold armor ONLY happened if you killed Senya? Which I think is interesting. Him turning to the Light side or him being a evil d-bag still is dependent on killing his mother. ie: the choice is not with him but someone else.

Also, even though I will not kill Theron, I hope there are 3 or 4 choices. Forgive him, kill him, exile him.

The 4th choice being......because one of my friends thinks there is a choice upcoming between Theron and Lana, and you have to kill one of them and NOT take both, which I think is freaking stupid. We should have a choice to keep both if we want. And (even though I will not) to kill both if they want. Options are a good thing, even if some of the options are flat out stupid.

Getting tired of explaining this...

If you want to kill Arcann, first you have to kill Senya to do it.

For a lot of my characters, killing Arcann was important enough to also kill Senya.

For a few of my characters, not killing Senya was more important than killing Arcann.

At least one of my characters is so sickeningly Light Sided that redeeming Arcann seems like something she'd do.

However... I don't feel that a living Arcann, wondering around free, has been adequately addressed by the story. Given the body-count Arcann is responsible for, he's without a doubt the most hated being in the entire galaxy. You realize he's responsible for at least 10 Trillion Deaths? I really feel like this should be addressed.

Yes, we can kill Arcann. Most of my characters did... but this "he's a good guy now!" hand-waving just doesn't cut it. It doesn't. If you don't understand the enormity of Arcann's crimes... that's understandable; the writing failed in that it really didn't give players a good sense of exactly what Arcann ordered, and what he is responsible for.

If the Dev's are going to open the can of worms that is Arcann... well, it's open. But, for those of us who were paying attention and think this was a mistake of truly epic scale... I'm just saying, it somewhat mitigates this decision by giving the Anti-Arcann fans a chance to get some Closure with Arcann, that doesn't require us to also kill off Senya.

...even my Walking Halo of a Jedi Knight would insist on exiling Arcann.

Most agreed. I think it was cool having him be redeemed because of his mom, but I also agreed the story does not make note of the evil he has done. Even though is a good guy now, he still needs to make amends for the evil he did. Just fighting will not cut it, he needs to go to those planets and help the orphans and widows. Give them food, help with PTSD, help with rebuilding houses, schools, hospitals ect ect. He needs to be helping out that way.

So with the "new augments" are you saying that there are NEW beyond the 230s and 236s that were just released? Can you please provide additional details of this? Many of us have put in great effort to regear our toons and now we are faced with another tier of augments to regear into again?

Eric/Keith please say it isnt so!

Most likely it is. Sadly I still detest gear tiers being made obsolete when a new xpac or something new comes out. Its beyond maddening. And I have only been playing MMOs for 5 years, I guess that's why I like shooters or other games where freaking gear DOES NOT MATTER AT ALL, or you only need to get to one tier and it works for the whole game, even new content that comes out. Spending and wasting time to regear instead of enjoying the game......waste of time imo.

But getting a official response would be appreciated.

Edited by Lakemine

So.....

Choices matter but only if you can retcon your choice if you don't like the consequence later on?

No....choices are fine, but what I dislike is because of this being a MMO, if you make one wrong choice, it ruins getting your companion back 3-4 years later, and you had NO IDEA about it. The devs are the ones who explained that it would effect getting your companions later, ie:outside of your control and you have NO choice over it because you don't have the information because the devs have not explained it. That's all.

TBH, I NEVER pick the Empire on Iokath, and most of the companions I like, even imperial side ones, do not "not join you" if I join with the Republic. The only one I'm learly of is Jeasa, since they still have not said if that will be her LS or DS self returning. But its more asking for other people, since if they pick the Empire, they will most likely get screwed over. But then again, this turns into "I'm only picking this faction because in 5 months my companion I like is returning and I don't want them to not join me." And not actually about making the choice if picking a side on Iokath, it becomes about something else. (Just like that BEYOND stupididty on Odessen with Vette and Torian......failed on SOOO many levels (which I can explained if you want)

Like I said, the only reason I'm asking is because they mentioned before Iokath came out, that the choice would effect if companions joined you or not, and not limited to Elara and Quinn but beyond Iokath. (Namely Felix, Nadia, Kira and DS Jeasa comes to mind, but what about former imperial side companions? Will they NMOT join you because you sided with the Republic? And vice versa.)

Edited by Lakemine

Most agreed. I think it was cool having him be redeemed because of his mom, but I also agreed the story does not make note of the evil he has done. Even though is a good guy now, he still needs to make amends for the evil he did. Just fighting will not cut it, he needs to go to those planets and help the orphans and widows. Give them food, help with PTSD, help with rebuilding houses, schools, hospitals ect ect. He needs to be helping out that way.

Too bad swtor doesn't really go into that kinda depth. Can see it in dragon age though. I suppose he could have said he was going to do all those things in a letter.🤔 Assuming the writers would want to.

Edited by Eshvara

Too bad swtor doesn't really go into that kinda depth. Can see it in dragon age though. I suppose he could have said he was going to do all those things in a letter.🤔 Assuming the writers would want to.

Even a letter explaining it would go towards that fact. Or the little cut scene at the beginning of the Iokath storyline having him leave to go help with the supplies. The issue is they are not, which is weird, or worse forgot.

Even a letter explaining it would go towards that fact. Or the little cut scene at the beginning of the Iokath storyline having him leave to go help with the supplies. The issue is they are not, which is weird, or worse forgot.

Yeah, the story does lack in those ways. Also reactions from allies and companions from Arcann joining. While I feel like complaining about it is pretty pointless at this point, I do wish it was something they added to make it seem more realistic. Hopefully they'll think about it in the future.

:)

Companions:

• Commander’s Compendium – I also like the various animations and barks from a variety of our companions. We are introducing a new companion gift that can immediately raise the influence level of your companion to 50, but it’s expensive, requires some crafting, and requires you to complete your Personal Conquest objectives before you can purchase it from the vendor.

I like the animations and barks too. Please don't get rid of them. Also, please bring back the companions' unique abilities for their original role. It's great being able to switch their roles so I can roll with any companion I want, but taking away their unique abilities for the original role has taken away some of their individuality. The cookie-cutter abilities are fine for the other roles you can set them to and should be left alone.

Let's use T7-O1 for example. His original role is ranged tank, so restore his unique abilities for his tank role, and his DPS and healer abilities can stay the same, bland cookie-cutter abilities he has now. Better yet would be to give all the companions unique abilities for all their roles, but I understand this is asking a bit much and would be satisfied with the former. If I have been unclear, please let me know and I will try to further clarify.