Compassion, Healing or Love for the Broken Dark Princess: Vaylin Appreciation <3

JakRoanin

They said I couldn't join! favouritism! *stamps feet while trying not to laugh*

Didn't you try to dye your robes pink?! This is Zakuul, traditional attire is required at all times! We only wear blacks, whites and greys here!

(seriously, go check out the npcs on Zakuul - the only wear black, white and or gray)

Didn't you try to dye your robes pink?! This is Zakuul, traditional attire is required at all times! We only wear blacks, whites and greys here!

(seriously, go check out the npcs on Zakuul - the only wear black, white and or gray)

No, that wasn't me. I asked for robes and got told "nah"!

edit; though I guess I get to pretend to be you too so that works xD

Edited by Asmodesu

wait a minute ... aren't you my stunt double? I put you in charge when I had to go do something last week! You're already in the Order!

I forgot! I'm a bad double! I can't stop laughing.

Edited by Asmodesu

Uhh ... join the 'Order of Vaylin' ... then we'll celebrate your arrival with a marmite festival?

Oh ... well ... a couple of us got drunk and we thought it would be funny to host Ewok races ... we had trouble keeping track of the Ewoks so we dipped them into some paint ... we used a cattle prod to get them running, then e discovered the chemicals in the paint were highly flammable.

As for the cleaning up, we're dedicated to the resurrection, let the Scions do it! ... make sure you kill them after!

I had to Google marmite. :rolleyes:

Sorry Paul, as tempting as it is to take part in Evok races and marmite festival is, you already wasted your “One Time Use Epic Persuasion” roll on me – and it did not work as intended. Instead of joining Vaylinites, I ended up drawn into Arcannites ranks :p. Next time maintain direct eye contact and focus on precisely what you want the target to do! ;)

Besides, Hive Mind already got observers among your followers. So, don't try anything or we will smash the holocron containing the missing part of the resurrection ritual you have been trying (and failing) into 42 pieces and scatter them all over the game! Happy to inform you that I am already compiling the list of interesting and hard to reach places. Like Makeb Endurance datacron, Senya pants, Sarlacc digestive system and Scourge empathy.

Edited by RandomName_Ru

I had to Google marmite. :rolleyes:

Sorry Paul, as tempting as it is to take part in Evok races and marmite festival is, you already wasted your “One Time Use Epic Persuasion” roll on me – and it did not work as intended. Instead of joining Vaylinites, I ended up drawn into Arcannites ranks :p. Next time maintain direct eye contact and focus on precisely what you want the target to do! ;)

Besides, Hive Mind already got observers among your followers. So, don't try anything or we will smash the holocron containing the missing part of the resurrection ritual you have been trying (and failing) into 42 pieces and scatter them all over the game! Happy to inform you that I am already compiling the list of interesting and hard to reach places. Like Makeb Endurance datacron, Senya pants, Sarlacc digestive system and Scourge empathy.

So you want to get Arcann killed? :o You call yourself an Arcannite yet you're going to have me send him into these dangerous situations to retrieve the relics? :o

I'm sure Arcann will do what it takes to save his baby sister, though should he fault at one of your sites, I suppose it will be nice knowing he tried his best.

So you want to get Arcann killed? :o You call yourself an Arcannite yet you're going to have me send him into these dangerous situations to retrieve the relics? :o

I'm sure Arcann will do what it takes to save his baby sister, though should he fault at one of your sites, I suppose it will be nice knowing he tried his best.

No danger of that. First, Arcann is an NPC and is unable to interact with the world in the same 4th dimensional way PC can - he will not see the fragments. Second, I heard that you need one whole and emotionally stable Arcann for the resurrection ritual as a lure for Vaylin spirit to come closer and try to ruin her big Brother day.

*Adds a NiM Left Hand of Brontes to the list. That one is brutal :cool:. But you deserve that for suggesting I want Arcann killed ^_^.

*Hugs Paul Even I think that was evil...

Edited by RandomName_Ru

Dread Master Brontes is cool, I can talk her into handing it over ;)

I am afraid the fragment have a 20% chance to spawn on the 6 finger stage of NiM fight. If on clock phase Brontes turned counter-clockwise... I will let you figure out other conditions by yourself :cool:.

Ok, it maybe more brutal then I intended, so here is a hint – with every SI in group, you get +5% additive chance for fragment to spawn.

the other five might be an issue though.

It is 42 fragments and I only started compiling the list. ;)

Ok, maybe there is something wrong with me and liking Arcann was just a first sign of it...

Edited by RandomName_Ru

I am afraid the fragment have a 20% chance to spawn on the 6 finger stage of NiM fight. If on clock phase Brontes turned counter-clockwise... I will let you figure out other conditions by yourself :cool:.

Ok, it maybe more brutal then I intended, so here is a hint – with every SI in group, you get +5% additive chance for fragment to spawn.

It is 42 fragments and I only started compiling the list. ;)

Ok, maybe there is something wrong with me and liking Arcann was just a first sign of it...

I foresee a lot of Dread Fortress runs in my future then.

I foresee a lot of Dread Fortress runs in my future then.

Oooooor, you can prevent the Hive Mind from taking such a drastic measure ;).

For starters, please, stop trying to cut out Arcann's left kidney for Vaylin ritual? Thats not even on the list of ingredients! And if you have to dump him, do it gently, please? Ok, maybe “gently” is not in your SI skill set, but I am sure they can fake it for Vaylin :D.

I do wonder how Vaylin would turn out if Senya had a chance to tutor her. Why she stayed on Nathema? Was it brainwashing? Distrust? Or was it revenge?

Edited by RandomName_Ru

I do wonder how Vaylin would turn out if Senya had a chance to tutor her. Why she stayed on Nathema? Was it brainwashing? Distrust? Or was it revenge?

I'm not sure she was fully brainwashed at that point. I think she may have stayed both because it would hurt the mother that let Valkorion take her away (Vaylin's view) and to end the pain. That she had some idea of what was coming and just wanted to stop the guilt and horror by becoming the monster herself.

Or maybe I'm just being maudlin

I'm not sure she was fully brainwashed at that point. I think she may have stayed both because it would hurt the mother that let Valkorion take her away (Vaylin's view) and to end the pain. That she had some idea of what was coming and just wanted to stop the guilt and horror by becoming the monster herself.

Or maybe I'm just being maudlin

Depends what Vaylin was told when she was being taken to Nathema. Regardless, I can understand why Vaylin hates Senya.

For starters, please, stop trying to cut out Arcann's left kidney for Vaylin ritual? Thats not even on the list of ingredients! And if you have to dump him, do it gently, please? Ok, maybe “gently” is not in your SI skill set, but I am sure they can fake it for Vaylin .

That's a tall order ... 'gently'? to my Inq, that's like rocket science! :eek:

Edited by Paulsutherland

Is it that hard not to use Universal Problem Solver of SI AKA "Shock them" dialog option? It's not like I ask your SI to say "I am sorry" without bursting into giggles. :p

*breaths heavily*

okay ... just ... give me a minute ...

We'll let Arcann live and take the parts required if necessary from the mother? :eek:

*breaths heavily*

okay ... just ... give me a minute ...

We'll let Arcann live and take the parts required if necessary from the mother? :eek:

*Looks at the list of ritual ingridients

Have you read the footnotes of your copy? It says that:

“You can replace hairs and metacarpal bones from the left hand with: a) three small bits of wood and 2cc of gizka blood or b) two small bits of wood and a fresh unknown egg. If you desire to trouble yourself by mutilating the close one of the being you seek to resurrect, make sure that it is the one they hate the most.”

So. Valkoryon corpse or Vitiate real body (notes talk about “family”, not “blood relative”) is your best bet. I do understand that you desire to involve Senya and Arcann, but have you read the footnotes concerning the Force Ghost summoning? If you want Vaylin less inclined to kill you, you will need them well and alive at that stage. And if you will want Vaylin to be more stable and emotionally develop (even if she will probably never recovers fully), you will need them well and alive... well, for as long as possible.

Edit: I skimmed the notes. Paul, your attention span is the second biggest obstacle for Vaylin resurrection :p. Not that i blame you, this ritual it's a lot of hassle. Have you considered the Yawin Temple Machine? Of course if you use that, Vaylin will reach new levels of crazy, but I take it is a trait you like in her? ;)

Edited by RandomName_Ru

*Looks at the list of ritual ingridients

Have you read the footnotes of your copy? It says that:

“You can replace hairs and metacarpal bones from the left hand with: a) three small bits of wood and 2cc of gizka blood or b) two small bits of wood and a fresh unknown egg. If you desire to trouble yourself by mutilating the close one of the being you seek to resurrect, make sure that it is the one they hate the most.”

So. Valkoryon corpse or Vitiate real body (notes talk about “family”, not “blood relative”) is your best bet. I do understand that you desire to involve Senya and Arcann, but have you read the footnotes concerning the Force Ghost summoning? If you want Vaylin less inclined to kill you, you will need them well and alive at that stage. And if you will want Vaylin to be more stable and emotionally develop (even if she will probably never recovers fully), you will need them well and alive... well, for as long as possible.

True - if they kill Arcann and/or Senya before Vaylin can do it herself it will surely upset her greatly. Not sure if resurrecting her will be enough reason for her to overlook that.

True - if they kill Arcann and/or Senya before Vaylin can do it herself it will surely upset her greatly. Not sure if resurrecting her will be enough reason for her to overlook that.

Exactly. This ritual is very complicated, notes for it are even more complicated and you can get several possible outcomes. Some of them... are intresting. In "you are not going to like it" way.

My SI have a message for Paul from Vaylin by the way: "Not very hard if I deep freeze them first." What.