companion wish

badwolffe

I can see where Corso was a good candidate for Smuggler only. Even though, as a Smuggler's right hand man... he went on to do some amazing things, and become a Republic Hero in his own right... was always kind of a small town guy. He would "get back into it" for the Smuggler... but not anyone else.

Andronikos... I'm less sure of. Outside of loyalty to the Inquisitor, I got a sense he'd be pretty independent. Would the Alliance be interested in a talented pirate? Would Andronikos have any reason to pirate Eternal Empire Ships if he wasn't looking for his Inquisitor? I could go 50/50 on this.

...Risha is where I'm so horribly disappointed. She's a Queen. She has her own planet. Why would they not have made a big deal out of this? Obviously, they decided they didn't have resources to give this the attention it deserved... but this was a huge, and potentially awesome story that they flushed down the toilet.

Risha is where I'm so horribly disappointed. She's a Queen. She has her own planet. Why would they not have made a big deal out of this? Obviously, they decided they didn't have resources to give this the attention it deserved... but this was a huge, and potentially awesome story that they flushed down the toilet.

^^^^

This! So much this!

...Risha is where I'm so horribly disappointed. She's a Queen. She has her own planet. Why would they not have made a big deal out of this? Obviously, they decided they didn't have resources to give this the attention it deserved... but this was a huge, and potentially awesome story that they flushed down the toilet.

I agree fully here, the ending to this is incredibly disappointing

Yes me too. Risha and Corso are my peeps. Corso fights for the little guy; Picking up a Cause to fight for is exactly his thing. Risha I was surprised about. Dubrillion being bombarded was one thing but her casual "Oh Well" sense I was shocked. Her passing off that Royal status and Unlimited money just seems very out of character.

I would like the option of losing a few (several (most)) of my companions which they could be retrievable via the Companion Locator Terminal.

I also wish that some of the loot crate and cartel market companions could be given more types of gifts for influence. My Bog Stalker and Nathema Nexu pretty much only accept "Military Gear" type gifts.

Edited by jimmorrisson

I can see where Corso was a good candidate for Smuggler only. Even though, as a Smuggler's right hand man... he went on to do some amazing things, and become a Republic Hero in his own right... was always kind of a small town guy. He would "get back into it" for the Smuggler... but not anyone else.

Andronikos... I'm less sure of. Outside of loyalty to the Inquisitor, I got a sense he'd be pretty independent. Would the Alliance be interested in a talented pirate? Would Andronikos have any reason to pirate Eternal Empire Ships if he wasn't looking for his Inquisitor? I could go 50/50 on this.

I think Andronikos would still be more into the Alliance than Kaliyo. If she agreed to join, then any other "independent" candidate would.

Risha? Apparently

Dubrillion was bombed, so instead of queening over its rebuild, she decided to ditch it, and move on.

Just like that guy who grabbed the crown away from her.

Edited by Lammia

Dubrillion was bombed, so instead of queening over its rebuild, she decided to ditch it, and move on.

Just like that guy who grabbed the crown away from her.

They could have done something better (IMO) ... we could of had a resource war over Dubrillion trying to convince 'Queen' Risha to help X faction.

or

All three of them (Corso, Risha and the pirate guy) could have had their own chapter, in which they could have teamed up to bring down some Zakuul outpost or something.

Yeah, I totally knew all about the Risha return. 2 minutes of SHARED conversation does not even deserve a spoiler tag.

Vaylin bombarded her planet, and Risha was... inconvenienced.

...what I would have written, or expected, was a Dubrillon open-world planet, like Paulsutherland posted. Maybe put a few of our erstwhile companions there, and give us a planetary quest chain.

It kinda felt out of character, to be honest, that Risha ends up with Corso. She's a noble, and kind of callous. He's common and overly compassionate. If Risha needed a Bodyguard, it would have made more sense (to my mind) that she would have hired Akaavi.

...and, I haven't even logged in all week. I mean, to actually play the game. I'm kinda done. I'm gonna wait until the Roadmap drops, but I think I'm going to be cancelling my recurring sub, which should renew in... uhm... March? Not sure. Probably. We'll see.

Honestly, I can see Risha throwing up her hands after Vaylin sacked her planet. She had no emotional attachment to the planet or it's people, and constantly moans about "When I'm Queen I can't do whatever I want. I won't be free to live the life of crime I want..." etc. Truthfully, she only found the crown to please daddy, (not that it worked). Risha made perfect sense to me. Corso, wouldn't have left a 'Lady' behind even if it is Risha, and he's first-rate fighter. Risha's no idiot, so of course she'd keep muscle around and our Mandalorian Zabrak despised Risha. No way she'd stick with her.

Now, does that mean the reunion was good enough? NO! Nobody's gotten a great reunion after Vette and Gault. BAD BIOWARE VERY BAD!

sometimes you gotta deal with it. why do you need a roster of 100 companions anyway

Not the words I'd use but I do agree. I remember people complaining about how there were way too many companions that had no real use or remained quiet after their part was done. Now BW tied them to their original class.only and it seems to be wrong yet again.(for some)

I think all the companions joining the alliance was a bit over ambitious of the story team, it's so much to work with in the long run. They have to trim the fat somehow, I think this is the best way.

While some companions can probably add more to the story compared to others, I can't really find it a problem myself.

I enjoy Jaesa a lot and I think/feel she will be part of the main story rather than just for the SW! The same goes for Scourge and possibly Kira. It's probably still " a force thing"

As for Risha and her being a Queen of a planet, it's a bit much to be a ruler or a noble, and come and do random things with you on the front line, the same goes for being an Emperor as you (the pc). It doesn't really fit well.

That and, I don't personally think Risha suits every character either.

I do understand your sadness however, quite a few of the other classes​ have some amazing Companions. :)

Edited by Eshvara

Not the words I'd use but I do agree. I remember people complaining about how there were way too many companions that had no real use or remained quiet after their part was done. Now BW tied them to their original class.only and it seems to be wrong yet again.(for some)

I think all the companions joining the alliance was a bit over ambitious of the story team, it's so much to work with in the long run. They have to trim the fat somehow, I think this is the best way.

While some companions can probably add more to the story compared to others, I can't really find it a problem myself.

I enjoy Jaesa a lot and I think/feel she will be part of the main story rather than just for the SW! The same goes for Scourge and possibly Kira. It's probably still " a force thing"

As for Risha and her being a Queen of a planet, it's a bit much to be a ruler or a noble, and come and do random things with you on the front line, the same goes for being an Emperor as you (the pc). It doesn't really fit well.

That and, I don't personally think Risha suits every character either.

I do understand your sadness however, quite a few of the other classes​ have some amazing Companions. :)

I have no problem with companions being for all classes, but the romance should stay between the origin class and the companion.

I can’t think of any solid reason for them to have a main story roll at this point above and beyond any of the other companions. Scourge during FE/ET, sure, but not now. And if they manage to pull decent content out of their asses for the likes of Jaesa after shorting most of the companions I like, I’m going to be pissed. Nothing is more divisive than playing favorites.

I can’t think of any solid reason for them to have a main story roll at this point above and beyond any of the other companions. Scourge during FE/ET, sure, but not now. And if they manage to pull decent content out of their asses for the likes of Jaesa after shorting most of the companions I like, I’m going to be pissed. Nothing is more divisive than playing favorites.

I can see Scourge being absent during Kotfe and Kotet because he was searching for Valkorion's original body, maybe even having found it. It's a pretty big deal! Perhaps Any of the force users, or maybe at least Kira having joined up with him. As for Jaesa, she is easily influenced by power I'd say. I think it would have been interesting if she was part of the cult.

I do understand that if they get a bigger role, the feelings of them having favorites arising in some people. Especially because the story has been so focused on force users. Hopefully they'll find a balance with that in the future.

sometimes you gotta deal with it. why do you need a roster of 100 companions anyway

That's true. However: Why is e. g. Vette available for all classes and Risha only for the smuggler? They started the all-for-everyone scheme and now they stopped it. I wouldn't have minded if they would have limited the availability from the get-go, but suddenly, 2+ years later, starting to limit the companions again... meh.

My smuggler can have Vette, but my sith warrior cannot have Risha. My warrior went on rampages being less outraged. ;)

As for Risha's return: Dubrillion is my favourite planet in this galaxy far, far away. It deserved better than this. :(