A neutral option for Iokath?

Jellax-Jedi

While I'm a Republic die-heart, I do feel that forcing us to choose sides on Iokath really betrays the entire point of the Alliance. How about we get a neutral option where we can go "Both of you get off my Planet!" or "Either we share the Super Weapon or I blow it up, your choice." So we would get both Quin and Elara for our alliance.

As an outgrown imperial player during FE I think a neutral option would be a better choice for people like me and you. Our alts outlived through the deeply wrong decissions we saw both factions made. I for one would not side with any of those bozos. After all I am not blind and know that either side, will exploit my alliance and weaken my faction. This is not why I fought for! I am no pawn, but the main leader of an alliance that could crush either of the two sides with ease. Sith want me dead, no doubt about that, Republic wants me as their guard dog, licking their boot and doing their corrupt biding. As the leader ot the Eternal Alliance, I don't have to do either of their bidding, in my point of view, I am the main partner, and either side should do my biding. If not, I still can bomb them to kingdom come. The Eternal Alliance is at this point the main force in the Galaxy.

I would liked having 2 several chocies:

"No, you pledge your lojalities to me!" , "You don't, I'll blow you to kingdome come!" - Darkside desicion

" How about I just watch who is worthy to be my ally?" - Tricky one, because it is acutally from my point of view also a Dark Side decision, but acutally don't have to be.

From my point of view, the winning side, I will crush riright at the moment, they reach the superweapon.

But the other inpterpretation could be: if one of the factions behave, then that is the side I'd rather ally with.

------------------

Just a little trivia:

My main was an imperial through and through. He was a proud Sith Warrior to acieved all that. He was proud to become the Emperors Wrath and do his biding, until Ziost! After that moment, he became the ultimate force to stop Vitiate, no matter what. No obstacle was to big to be taken, no sacrifice big enough. But at some point, he realised, that all those foes, were not even pawns in the game. He felt for the first time pitty, and during his time with Satele and Marr on Odessen, he changed his view. His goal was not ony focused on killing the Emperor, but he thought about, what then? Why is he doing all this? Was it personal? Actually, not really. His legacy would have been no better as Vitiates after all. So he focused of keeping as many alive as he could. Not because he went good, but despite Vitiate! He sees himself as the absoulte opposite of the Emperor. He want peace and a good life, because Vitiate gives a crap about it.

Now the Emperor is gone, and my main could do all that, but now there are those two factions who proven themselves to be unworthy in any way. Why the heck should he take any reason to ally with them? From his standpoint they are no better than Vitiate in handling life. As a Sith he handles in extremes. "You do not behave the way I like, you are my enemy, period!"

...From that point of view, having only the choice between cholera and pestilence, is a slap in his face. My reaction during that speical dialogue was, log off with that char and don't touch it! Also being mad about that situation. "How the F***k dare those to give me an ultimatum!" and "How about, 'No!'?"

Edited by Isnogut

Well, let's be honest though. Does anybody here really think that BW will make such changes retroactively?

Frankly no!:rolleyes:

Nevertheless, they just bolstered my apetyte in playing forth the game.:mad:

Good work BW! Good work! ... /irony

What the F*** is wrong with them? I'm definetely not the only one, who focous on RPG in this game. I am not the only one who matters what decisions I make with my alts. This reaction isn't something unexpected.

Well, let's be honest though. Does anybody here really think that BW will make such changes retroactively?

Nope. But where else can we gripe about it not being an option? I know lots of people (not me) posted that they wanted to go back to Republic vs Alliance and this seems to be EAware's solution but it did not suit the way the story had changed as far as I was concerned. I would have preferred a neutral "go it alone" option (for my main and several alts) with one of my "loyal" alliance (insert Star Trek-Style Red Shirt Random nobody) taking the chair - anyone of the useless alliance alert or Star Fortress companions would have worked for me.

I understand the return of factional play, as that is something that is likely desired by a sizable portion of the playerbase, and this also gives players the option to fight for the opposite side, a "switch faction" of sorts.

However, story wise, I think an option where a player could have chosen to oppose BOTH sides would have made sense, since the Alliance is supposed to be ruling over both and preventing war. Perhaps a third area where the Republic and Empire are in open war AND you participate in content to defeat both sides and punish them for disobeying your command.

• 2 years later...

The war between the Republic and the Empire IS the story, KOTFE is an interruption. And not where it was supposed to go. There was supposed to be a chapter 4. If you pay attention there are many things left unresolved by chapter 3 that chapter 4 would have addressed. The Imperial Agent for example who becomes a double agent wasn't supposed to just get 1 scene making a holocall to the Republic during Shadow of Revan Then nothing.. The Sith Inquistor who traded the cult away was supposed to at some future point call upon the new owners people for support during a future mission. Why do you think all your class companions swear to never leave you? It because there was supposed to be a chapter 4 and 5 and 6... the war wasn't supposed to be interrupted with a story that comes out of left field.

It makes no sense at all that Vitiate who plans to destroy all life in the galaxy suddenly changes his mind to run another empire. It make no sense that he's a disembodied spirit during Shadow of Revan but secretlyy had another body at the same time. And KOTFE is cleary meant for force users only. I've been holding off doing that stupid "the Force has a will" chapter on my bounty hunter because it makes no sense for him to put up with their mystic nonsense. And BTW if the Force has a will its a person not a force.

The war between the Republic and the Empire IS the story,

Can you point me to where this is officially stated?

For some players, it's the war. For others it's the mystical aspects of the Force.

Offering both perspectives like they did with 6.2 is the best option. One story for those, one story for those. I don't see what else they could do in order to not alienate half of the player base in one way or another.

Regarding OP's wish: Yes, I definitely also want to rebuild the Alliance. I evolved above those petty rep vs imp fights. It's been going on for centuries and I have the feeling it will keep going on for some milleniums. And even when it will be over one day, for example, let's say the Empire ultimately falls, it actually won't be over, but will continue.;)

• 1 year later...
I stopped playing this game because of this. All this talk about how this is ,,my planet" and ,,republic and empire will suffer for crossing me" completely pointless. I wanted to have my own faction but i guess since this is an mmo it will never happen. I wish this game was a single player rpg instead of an mmo. I liked the story of the alliance and the ethernal empire more than anything star wars has to offer. Edited by kkubzos