In a few months, we'll all be playing Diablo 3 and Guild Wars 2......

alaizon

Saying this game will suffer due to the broken game mechanics isn't really an opinion. Unless you want to say the combat is perfect in this game. If that's the case, continue huffing spray paint you whacky kids.

Combat is perfect in WoW?

• Replies 211
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Saying this game will suffer due to the broken game mechanics isn't really an opinion. Unless you want to say the combat is perfect in this game. If that's the case, continue huffing spray paint you whacky kids.

It's not an opinion, it's a future prediction based on an opinion. That makes it twice as stupid. :D

Oh, and nice to see you're resorting to insults toward those with differing views. Classic sign of a man in retreat.

Edited by Captain_Failure

That's why I said there are no bots. It's a non-issue. They don't impact players except for the gold spam, and that's not really botting.

Well, I have seen few bots back in Wintergrasp, just flying through the air and farming herbs/mining nodes. It does effect the economy when it happens.

No I want. Don't say

"we"

Diablo and GW are not MMO's.

GW and Diablo will die like the other ones in their past.

GW is not, GW2 IS an MMO. Though it caters to a different market than the traditional mmo type like WoW and ToR. I'm greatly looking forward to it. Afterall it's B2P so it's easy to grab it and still play other MMOs.

Time will tell, that's the only response that can be given and I therefore find the whole OP useless. It's all speculation and blowing smoke.

I played Diablo 2 for six years straight. Not because it was the only one around but because there was no other game that took my fancy. Diablo 3 has a real money auction house. I'll play it singleplayer thanks, no online for me (even though you won't be able to play without an internet connection - even in singleplayer -_-). Can't be bothered to deal with that kind of hassle again. Remember the duping/perming rings and item selling in D2 1.09? Yeah, that was awesome but with that becoming the object I don't really see a future for me in there. Also, I like playing MMOs because of their diversity and offerings in the way of species / class. D3 is shaping up to be quite the D2 with a bit of story tacked on and new visuals. Not enough Blizz, not enough.

Guild Wars 1 didn't engage me at all. PvE was bollocks and the PvP was great but the ladders were populated with the same people time and time again. I didn't find it all that interesting. A lot of people with me apparently because I can't remember the last time someone on an MMO's forums said they were still playing GW.

Bioware and EA will probably stick with this game for a long time, not just because of the investment but because a lot of people will be playing it. If the vocal minority on these here forums pulls through with their FOTM gaming style and actually unsubs over playing Huttball one too many times we'll have a nice community on our hands here. While the QQers will move to GW2 to cry over getting kited, not knowing how to trinket properly, not understanding rotations, what are diminishing returns derp and getting all angry, frustrated, hutthurted over everything and their rashes - we'll be here, chugging away, getting all ACs to 50, raiding and playing ranked PvP matches and having a ball.

I, myself, am looking forward to the day the FOTM QQ blabs pack their bags and leave.

Combat is perfect in WoW?

Perfect? Negative. Better than this game by a country mile though. It's responsive and has depth for the most part. Some classes have specs that could use some work, like arcane mages. Definitely not the most complex.

TOR's core gameplay is rotten though, which is the real issue.

If BW fixes the obvious thing (UI Customization, AA, the ability delay thingy) and adds exciting new content, I can't see why this game wouldn't last a very long time. It's a great game with lots of potential, but it still has some issues.

That said, I'm really excited for both D3 and GW2 and will be playing both and SWTOR alongside each other.

offtopic : If you are going to say GW2 isn't an MMO, please do it at the start of your post, so I don't have to read the rest of the uninformed stuff.

Perfect? Negative. Better than this game by a country mile though. It's responsive and has depth for the most part. Some classes have specs that could use some work, like arcane mages. Definitely not the most complex.

TOR's core gameplay is rotten though, which is the real issue.

Judging Gameplay is your opinion. Just because you don't like the gameplay doesn't mean it is broken. It means you do not like it. Period.

You take that back. Twi'leks are nothing like elves. Elves are all about rainbows, treehugging, and carebears. Twi'leks are all about pole dancing, piracy, smuggling, epic bad *** female jedis, and lekku.

lol only if you follow the original Tolkien vision. Dragon Age seemed to dissemble that quite handily :p

As long as we're on this topic, Asari are the elves of the Mass Effect universe ;)

There is no need to wait 6 months to measure the success of SWTOR. By that time there will be Diablo 3 and GW2, and the same debate will start for those games.

Such is the state of the MMO industry.

You're talking about an industry which contains games that are still popular after several years. It's not just WoW... there are others that have been around just as long, if not longer, with very loyal followings.

If you're trying to compare them with things like Diablo 3, I'm afraid you don't have nearly the understanding of the MMO industry as you think you do. And if you're implying that somehow Guild Wars 2 will overtake this one a few months from now, I'll lay take bets right now that you're very wrong.

Im sorry

I just cant take anyone who thinks GW2 is actual competition for any AAA MMORPG. Its not, just a small but vocal bunch of fanbois that been pushing GW2 really hard to make it seem more appealing then it really will be.

As for TOR, it will have a huge drop off. But its not going to be because of GW2 or Diablo 510837376.3 or any other game.

TOR is its own biggest enemy and made the exact same mistake Rift made and every other MMO post WOW

They GAVE AWAY max level and because of that, 4 out of 5 players (all who demanded fast leveling btw) will end up quiting from bordom.

I really have no clue how many MMORPGs encountering the exact same problem its going to take for companies to WAKE UP and slow leveling down. Stop giving max level away!

Me, I love TOR and am here for the long haul (unless something not done about RP Servers present communities, but ill give that a month to calm down and weed out the problem children) but im that 1 in 5 that stays. the other 4 will pack up and leave by around the 6 month mark im guessing outta bordom.

They may have demanded fast leveling but if Bioware had slowed it down 3 of those 4 would have stuck it out and continued to play, chasing the virtual dragon.

But what ever, really not my problem. I gave Bioware as good of feedback as I could in beta, I did my part. And nothing else I could do.

TOR is its own biggest enemy.

Amazing amazing amazing game thats going to be undone faster then it should be because the devs or who ever made the call simply doesnt understand WOW and its god mode leveling and giving everything away with no effort, that doesnt work for anyone else. It was a one and done concept that DESTROYED A GENRE. Continueing to push the idea is simply the old saying

The definition of stupidity is trying the same thing over and over and expecting a different result!

Many have tried before TOR to give it all away like WOW did, and they all failed because of it.

Still none of that has anything to do with Diablo 0395r82130579139057813=09578130957813]5981 or Guild Wars 1.2

Oh and OP, no one makes a MMORPG with short term gain in mind. You really should have stopped typing the minute you wrote that in your post.

PS: Diablo is not a MMORPG. Heck its not even a RPG!

Edited by Kalfear

I'm not font of GW's business model. It means you buy the game, get to max level, see what there is to see and wait 1.5 year for the next expansion.

It's unfortunate many people believe B2P model means less content patches. Guild Wars was entirely B2P and more so all of it's campaigns plus it's 1 true expansion where normally within a 6 month range of each other. The ONLY reason Guild Wars stopped adding content is because they took their resources, time, and developers to Guild Wars 2.

It's essentially the same thing. Would you rather pay $15 a month and get content patches every 4-6 months or would you rather pay $40 every 4-6 months when a new content patch gets released with no subscription?

I don't understand why people assume they're going to run out of things to do for months on end after they reach max level. It doesn't matter anyways. You're not paying monthly for the game, and you can always play it when you get bored or whenever new content gets released. That's the advantage of the B2P as opposed to paying $15 a month and not getting content.

Lol, how could an American company managed to produce a bad game like Guild Wars.

My story with Guild Wars.

Saw it in Game Shop.

Bought it.

Installed it.

Game looked so Asian. (And Booklet)

Shocked with 8 abilities on my Bar. (Great news it's 10 at Guild Wars 2)

Forced myself to play for 2-3 hours.

It was pain, really pain.

Uninstalled.

Wondered if i go to Game Shop, would they pay my money back.

That's all. Never wondered who really made the game etc. because it was the worst game i ever bought. :mad:

Guild Wars is a critically acclaimed game who's known for it's highly competitive PvP. It also requires more strategy and tact compared to most games at the time BECAUSE you're required to choose 8 skills out of the possible hundreds each class can get.

The art style and art work for Guild Wars is award winning and is also considered to still be one of the most beautiful even compared to today's standards. I understand the game is not everyone's cup of tea, but calling it a plain awful game is outright wrong.

It's a good game for the game it's aimed to be. A story driven co-rpg with an amazing PvP/skill system.

I know, I know.

But it still doesn't make them completely non-existant like you first stated.

Something that can't be used isn't really there. If a tree bots in the woods and Warden bans it, did it really bot?

To get back on track after dismantling the slow dude's post before, I admire you guys tirelessly defending this game. I really wish I could get behind it as well, it'd make me feel better about my 60 dollars. This is what religion feels like.

To get back on track after dismantling the slow dude's post before, I admire you guys tirelessly defending this game. I really wish I could get behind it as well, it'd make me feel better about my 60 dollars. This is what religion feels like.

It's honestly not as bad as Guild War's 2 fanbase. It's gotten to be very cult like and unlike something I've seen in several years in the mmo community.

It's honestly not as bad as Guild War's 2 fanbase. It's gotten to be very cult like and unlike something I've seen in several years in the mmo community.

Arenanet has just been very true to what they are making, and only advertising stuff that is already ingame and working.

This makes ppl trust go thro the roof

TOR is its own biggest enemy and made the exact same mistake Rift made and every other MMO post WOW

It's interesting to see how people have identified that one single mistake which leads to people turning away ;)

Truth is that there is usually a whole collection of issues because people usually can forgive one or two mistakes, sometimes even alot more but it's more about how long these will be lingering around. Most MMO companies, incl. Blizzard are sometimes over-confident about their abilities. It's their job. They have to be convinced of themselves. But it becomes an issue if they are getting blinded by that, lose objectivity and sometimes fall in love with their solutions and live in denial about and the issues around it. I call it the the "Lightwell problem".