Eyes are dull and flat and completely boring again, hope you got what you wanted

xordevoreaux

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The only time I'm likely to be on the same page with Ylliarus! lol

Everything here. I admit todays brown eye colouring looks great, I love it that my brown-eyed characters aren't hazel/green anymore, but they are also nicer now and a bit lighter. Sadly all my other characters look iffy all over again, the eye colour change definitely made me get interested in playing my characters again, I've been excited and big on the game since that change, and for the first time in a long time to make new characters, now the new characters have horrendously dark eyes, where they were very light before, so I deleted them with no interest in making more and I still prefer the eye colours all my 4-6 year old characters had yesterday. The only one that did not change at all (lol) was my Mirialan with purple eyes.

Are you serious? How can you want Hazel eyes back? They weren't a thing a month ago! Is it so hard for you to understand that a basic color, DARK BROWN, is GONE?

I have lost all interest to play him anymore. Yesterday he looked very appealing to the eye in the cutscenes, today he looks dull again :(

It's your fault for enjoying a glitch, an error. You also seem to enjoy forgetting that this was never BioWare's true intention. They're exactly the same as last night. They're surely different from what they were a month ago due to the change in the textures.

The colours, I am talking about the colours and hues. You have misunderstood what I was talking about or choose to misunderstand what I am speaking of. I said that the colours changed, not the textures, the colours. That made me sad because I personally liked what we had before today's patch. But surely it is not so alien a concept to consider that someone else might like something that you don't like?

You just don't seem to comprehend the basic. I don't see how you can enjoy something that was a mistake? Where's the joy in watching colors disappear? Or have basic colors turn into anime hues? It strips away the character's essence.

Edited by TheRandomWolf

Moronic behavior all around.

How can you want Hazel eyes? They weren't a thing a month ago! Is it so hard for you to understand that a basic color, DARK BROWN, is GONE?

So, if someone disagrees with you they are a moron? Or when they like something you don't then their behaviour is moronic? I say this out of genuine concern and do not want to come across as hostile, but that is a somewhat rather self-centered approach. Not everyone can think the same way you do, like the same things you like, think the same way you think. Everyone is unique and has their own unique brain :) it's what makes the world interesting as if everyone just thought, liked and did the same it would be rather boring.

Also, I understand it is gone. Did I say it wasn't? No, I merely said that I prefer the new dark brown (which is not dark brown to you) over what we had. Is it so difficult to understand that there is a rather large possibility I might have a different perspective and view than you?

It's your fault for enjoying a glitch, an error. You also to forget that this was never BioWare's true intention.

Do you have any level 70 characters? I think you do. Tell me, did you like the Dailies CXP bug that was going on? If you did partake in that then I am convinced you loved it! But... dum, dum dum, that was a bug! You enjoyed a bug... but did you think that bug was an error? I bet that if you liked it, then you kind of also wished it remained around. So, you'll understand that I might have liked the eye colours if they happened to have sat right with my tastes, disregarding the fact whether they were intended or not. Or does everyone in the world have to believe, like, think and do what you do?

Edited by Ylliarus

So, if someone disagrees with you they are a moron? Or when they like something you don't then their behaviour is moronic? I say this out of genuine concern and do not want to come across as hostile, but that is a somewhat rather self-centered approach. Not everyone can think the same way you do, like the same things you like, think the same way you think. Everyone is unique and has their own unique brain :) it's what makes the world interesting as if everyone just thought, liked and did the same it would be rather boring.

Do you have any level 70 characters? I think you do. Tell me, did you like the Dailies CXP bug that was going on? If you did partake in that then I am convinced you loved it! But... dum, dum dum, that was a bug! You enjoyed a bug... but did you think that bug was an error? I bet that if you liked it, then you kind of also wished it remained around. So, you'll understand that I might have liked the eye colours if they happened to have sat right with my tastes. Or does everyone in the world have to believe, like, think and do what you do?

You can keep on twisting my words all you like. All I want is to have my character back. I'm tired of looking at her with these orangey/pink-ish eyes instead of the dark brown she's been using for years. And I'm tired of explaining the basic logic behind what I've been stating so far.

Edited by TheRandomWolf

And you do exactly the same to me. How can you not see that you're doing exactly that, twisting my words and putting things in my mouth I never said.

Whatever floats your boat, mate. Still doesn't make sense how you can enjoy a misconception that went against the original product to begin with. if you find amusing to see most characters looking like aberrations, including Sith characters with weird-like sunlight eyes, that's your problem.

All I want is one issue to be fixed, but even BioWare went against their own word.

Edited by TheRandomWolf

I would have loved a compromise, I was one in the minority who liked the pre 5.6.1 eyes (especially the vibrant Blue eyes), as they were very close to the eye colors Arcann and Senya have..

So why not add a few extra slots with the 5.6 eyes there for the one's who did end up liking them?

Edited by iFenris

While I like the new style they gave the eyes, I did not like the colours changing entirely. I have the yellow eyes from the CM, and they got turned into some green mess. I've already paid coins to change them once (which is once too many, this stuff should be payable with credits for subscribers...) and I don't feel it would be right to pay once more because some guy at Bioware is colour blind. This isn't really a case of getting "what I wanted" as much as "getting something fixed for once".

Whatever floats your boat, mate. Still doesn't make sense how you can enjoy a misconception that went against the original product to begin with. if you find amusing to see most characters looking like aberrations, including Sith characters with weird-like sunlight eyes, that's your problem.

All I want is one issue to be fixed, but even BioWare went against their own word.

Or... you perceive something as an error that Bioware doesn't. They see the issue as fixed, while you don't. You cannot presume to speak for them. They stated in the patch notes the eye colours would be fixed, what we got now is what they consider as fixed. If that doesn't coincide with your idea of what "fixed eyes" would be then frankly that is your problem.

Surely you view isn't as narrowminded as you make it out to be. An error can actually be something good, the Daily CXP bug for example (I didn't see you respond to that). Yes, the bug was not what was intended and went against original product, but wow, how enjoyed and liked it was. People even begged for the bug to return because it was considered something positive. Surely you can see the same apply to different things like this? What you see as an error, someone might see as an improvement. Or do we return to the point where you believe everyone else has to think the same way you do?

I apologise if my tone sounds hostile, I am just trying to show you there are more perspectives and ways of thinking possible other than your own.

Edited by Ylliarus

Are you serious? How can you want Hazel eyes? They weren't a thing a month ago! Is it so hard for you to understand that a basic color, DARK BROWN, is GONE?

Lol wow, you forgot how to read accusing me of something that in the very post you quoted I stated directly that I was glad they're not hazel anymore! lmfao ... that's just sad.

- I admit todays brown eye colouring looks great, I love it that my brown-eyed characters aren't hazel/green anymore, but they are also nicer now and a bit lighter. -

Did you just not read that sentence at all?

I do understand the dark brown isn't as dark, but I like it gone! can you not understand that? my characters that had dark brown eyes look AMAZING now they have a lighter brown version instead (and no longer have a hazel colour). Pity all my other characters lost their amazing eye colours thanks to today's patch, glitch/bug or not they were perfect yesterday with the blues and greens shades, they look bad again today in comparison. I miss the changed shades already.

CM unlock only colours should never have been touched to start with, I'm only talking about the default colours being better yesterday aside from brown.

Edited by Asmodesu

Lol wow, you forgot how to read accusing me of something that in the very post you quoted I stated directly that I was glad they're not hazel anymore! lmfao ... that's just sad.

Did you just not read that sentence at all?

I do understand the dark brown isn't as dark, but I like it gone! can you not understand that? my characters that had dark brown eyes look AMAZING now they have a lighter brown version instead (and no longer have a hazel colour). Pity all my other characters lost their amazing eye colours thanks to today's patch, glitch/bug or not they were perfect yesterday with the blues and greens shades, they look bad again today in comparison. I miss the changed shades already.

CM unlock only colours should never have been touched to start with, I'm only talking about the default colours being better yesterday aside from brown.

I have tried to reason with them as well, sadly it appears that they consider everything that is in opposition to their opinion to be hostile. Or trolling. It is a very sad thing happening these days, that people have lost their ability to disagree in a polite manner with one another and try to enforce their views onto others. The forums here are filled with such examples lately. I understand someone may feel very passionately that they are right about a subject, but no matter how fiery you believe yourself to be right, one has to consider that another may be right too.

I will admit, the more I look at the eye colours that were fixed with today's patch the more I grow used to them. I never asked for a change back to what we had for example yesterday, I know I was a minority in liking that version of the eye colours. But nonetheless, what we have now is a great improvement from what we had, say, 2 years ago. And that pleases me sufficiently already :)

Edited by Ylliarus

I will admit, the more I look at the eye colours that were fixed with today's patch the more I grow used to them. I never asked for a change back to what we had for example yesterday, I know I was a minority in liking that version of the eye colours. But nonetheless, what we have now is a great improvement from what we had, say, 2 years ago. And that pleases me sufficiently already :)

It's easy to get back to used to something we had for years lol, and the textures still being there is good, I just miss the blue eyes shades that got changed the most. They were my favs but meh, stuff happens. Just means I had to delete the new characters I made because they were made for those eyes they no longer have since one's eyes that were pale blue are now almost black, they didn't get far through I can remake new ones some other time when I have interest in it again :D

The older eyes were definitely better.

And that is all fine and good, but I consider the new colours and textures to be better. Yet as I said, that is fine, everyone has different perspectives and opinions which is fine!

Hrm, a matter of opinion I'd say. I like the accented/dual tint to the "after" version.

Exactly, I am of like mind!

Edited by Ylliarus

Hrm, a matter of opinion I'd say. I like the accented/dual tint to the "after" version.

They're not even brown anymore... Whenever she's in an area with a nice amount of light, the eyes show this weird orange tint instead of the brown one she once had. I don't mind this as an extra color, but I miss the old one... just the color. Keep the texture, I just want the idea that her eyes were dark.

Edited by TheRandomWolf

Oh wow the After eyes look absolutely gorgeous! honest, I understand you don't like it but dayum those are stunning.

Yeah, the colour on the right picture is much more beautiful, vibrant, lively and stunning! The dual tone is really a nice touch and the new colour actually makes me want to create a character with that eye colour :) the eye on the left are dull, almost invisible when compared to the black of the iris. It looks like coloured plastic to me.

They're not even brown anymore! Whenever she's in an area with a nice amount of light, the eyes show this weird orange tint instead of the brown one she once had.

To me they look more brown than the older eye colour, in all honesty. The previous ones look almost black, the new ones look like a realistic and proper dark brown!

They're not even brown anymore... Whenever she's in an area with a nice amount of light, the eyes show this weird orange tint instead of the brown one she once had. I don't mind this as an extra color, but I miss the old one... just the color. Keep the texture, I just want the idea that her eyes were dark.

They're chestnut'ish with a lighter honey like accent, not a plain dark brown as before no. Perhaps they look worse than your example in overlit areas but the snapshots I assume you took from the character window look nice.

I do understand you don't like them and it isn't what you want, we all have different tastes. Personally, I think they should have added this tint as 'extra' and left the default browns as they were but alas... this is where we are now.

Edited by JennyFlynn

Yeah, the colour on the right picture is much more beautiful, vibrant, lively and stunning! The dual tone is really a nice touch and the new colour actually makes me want to create a character with that eye colour :) the eye on the left are dull, almost invisible when compared to the black of the iris. It looks like coloured plastic to me.

It makes me far more jealous, as yesterday my blue/green-eyed colours were amazing but got taken from me and the browns are now amazing when they had been broke.

They're chestnut'ish with a lighter honey like accent, not a plain dark brown as before no. Perhaps they look worse than your example in overlit areas but the snapshots I assume you took from the character window look nice.

I do understand you don't like them and it isn't what you want, we all have different tastes. Personally, I think they should have added this tint as 'extra' and left the default browns as they were but alas... this is where we are now.

It just feels like a fake. You can see the massive difference here.

Ugh... I give up..

I agree, the option to choose between the new eye and colour design or stick with the old one should have been given, instead of force upon everyone. But KotFE and KotET weren't shy of doing it with story and Heskal repeatedly screamed "choice is an illusion", so... this is where we are now indeed :)