That new story/solo mode divide was a great idea

Plk_Lesiak

Hey there dear devs,

I've just wanted to stress how nice it was to lose 1,5h doing a nice looking, but boring as hell "story flashpoint" to realize it's the wrong type of solo version that doesn't progress the story. This was an amazing feature that really made that long-coming subscription cancellation much easier.

Obviously, I'm overreacting. But really there was that much still holding me in this game. Occasional story content that sometimes was of poor quality, but didn't waste my time completely. Now I don't even care any more. I can't force myself to play through this slog of an FP another time to progress. There's just not enough in it and not enough I can reasonably expect further down the road to justify it.

Bye bye everyone. It was fun 6 years, but I think it's the right moment to move on. Done in a moment of fury or not, it was long coming. :)

Edited by Plk_Lesiak

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

bai. dont let the door hit you on the way out. Love how these whiner types love to spew their hate when "leaving". lol The fp didnt take 1.5 hrs either. What did you do wrong??

It took pretty damn long, and then 2x. :rak_03: It was nice seeing a new FP and the story it came with, but the FP itself isn't really my thing.

I screwed up as well, I saw Story and thought that was to advance the story so went with that when I should have gone solo which I thought was for grinding.

Sadly though the cut scenes didn't really make that much difference, Im still really not sure how much that really advanced the story as nothing we did had any effect on it.

I'm sorry to hear that...and keep your stuff...I'd like you to come back some day. :(

Ah, TBH, I should've given my stuff to the guild or something, there was quite a lot of credits there at least. I guess I've rage uninstalled a bit too fast, probably won't bother with getting the client running again...

If someone wants my stuff feel free to PM me, we might be able to sort something out.

EDIT: All my chars are on Darth Malgus BTW

Edited by Plk_Lesiak

I should have checked the forums before logging. I made this mistake and am furious.

I figured "Oh I can take a long lunch and play the flashpoint, get back into TOR and enjoy Star Wars again for a few moments."

No. I got in the flashpoint and kept advancing without any context. Not a peep about Theron. No cutscenes. I completely wasted 90 minutes!

Now I have to do this crap all over again, entering it P.O.ed.

What were they thinking labeling "story" with no Story?!?

Ah, TBH, I should've given my stuff to the guild or something, there was quite a lot of credits there at least. I guess I've rage uninstalled a bit too fast, probably won't bother with getting the client running again...

If someone wants my stuff feel free to PM me, we might be able to sort something out.

Better this way...walk away and know that, if you ever chose to, you have something to return to :)

bai. dont let the door hit you on the way out. Love how these whiner types love to spew their hate when "leaving". lol The fp didnt take 1.5 hrs either. What did you do wrong??

I'm a founder (player very irregularly, but since the very beginnings) and it's definitely the first and only time I'm writing something like that. ^^ A whiner? Maybe. Not usually, but needed some venting this time around. I'm trying to cut on video games anyways so it was a good opportunity to follow "unreasonable" impulses. With SWTOR and maybe Bioware stuff in general, it's becoming less and less worth the time it wants you to invest into it...

I wanted a Story not a bloody FP that I gave up on. It's Boring and not fun, going from Super Elite with adds to the next, I gave up at the Walker. Its' meant to be a Solo and for anyone. Yeah, yet another FP that people were moaning about, Umbra and now this those after the Iokath rubbish. Subbing for This ? You extend the time for this ? Yeah some will flame, they always do but gen chat was going mental about it.

Its' meant to be a Solo and for anyone.

My main SI did OK, but I'm a little concerned about stricly DPS characters with no self-healing.

Especially when the no-influence companion is mandatory.

Anyways, I don't feel motivated to do this FP because ... it has zero sense and does not progress the story at all...

So what's the difference between the types? What do they mean?

From what I gathered, SOLO progresses the actual story whereas STORY is just the FP without the story stuff... yeah go figure. I picked up SOLO from the terminal out of habit (since others like the SoR preludes etc. are all SOLO) and hit launch on my quest, ended up being the right way thank god.

Not that it is any consolation but...

For the first time ever, I PMed a BW official. I was a total a -ss. I played the money card and informed them how p --- issed off I was about the same thing.

It was somewhat cathartic. I'm still not quitting, but it is annoying as, to quote Eshvara, H-E Double Hockey Sticks.

From what I gathered, SOLO progresses the actual story whereas STORY is just the FP without the story stuff... yeah go figure. I picked up SOLO from the terminal out of habit (since others like the SoR preludes etc. are all SOLO) and hit launch on my quest, ended up being the right way thank god.

That doesn't make any sense but that does seem to be the way it is, story mode cuts out the story lol :o

And gosh darn it I accidentally closed the game halfway through my second attempt. I've wasted like 3 hours on this so far. *cries* At least I'm getting good drops but I'd prefer to farm for them with level 50 Quinn, not level 1 Temple 😓

That doesn't make any sense but that does seem to be the way it is, story mode cuts out the story lol :o

And gosh darn it I accidentally closed the game halfway through my second attempt. I've wasted like 3 hours on this so far. *cries* At least I'm getting good drops but I'd prefer to farm for them with level 50 Quinn, not level 1 Temple 😓

Take gifts with you the first time your character does it? Memorabilia (both types), Military Gear, Cultural Artifacts, Courting.