Have you ever misheard or misunderstood lines?

jacquelee

The recent Ranos thread made me think about all the lines I've misheard or misunderstood in this game and I wanted to make a new thread for it because it deserves its own thread. :D

For me, the funniest example of a misheard line is when I thought Elara Dorn says "Help! A Wookie threw it." instead of "Help! I'll walk you through it." :p I mean, this is Star Wars, so it worked for me. :D

And as far as misunderstanding something goes, one of the Knights of Zakuul says "Izax take you!" and not knowing the Zakuul Pantheon at the time, I always thought it was "I, Zax, take you!", as in, Zax is their name and their threatening to take you. Which very much made sense to me. :D

So what about you? Any fun misheard or misunderstood lines you want to share? Other than the dessert monster (which makes me want to play a Sith Warrior just for that line :p).

LOL Khem Val says (or at leat used to say) as one of his lines something that sounds vaguely like:

"Jerk on my t i t t y"

I could swear Khem speaks in pidgin English at times. It seems he says: "Papa go'onn" or somesuch, which reminds me of some Creole sounds. <3 Khem.

Frequent line from Khem: "Mizen bama" ===> My Zen 'bama.

And if you listen to Master Ti'llin's(1) *tone of voice* it is frequently not aligned with what he is saying.

(1) Kel Dor Jedi on Tython who is the target of the Padawan Fia mission, and gives you the mission to scan six old droid memory cores in Kaleth.

Ambient Twi'lek speech sounds include something like "czeska pokuta" which my Polish brain hears as "Czech's atonement ". Moreover Czech language is generally perceived by Poles as cute-funny because words are similar yet meaning is unexpectedly distorted. All together, it's funny.

And if you listen to Master Ti'llin's(1) *tone of voice* it is frequently not aligned with what he is saying.

(1) Kel Dor Jedi on Tython who is the target of the Padawan Fia mission, and gives you the mission to scan six old droid memory cores in Kaleth.

He seems to know a person named Susanna, or, to be more excact, a woman named Susanna'e'kor.

On Nar Shadaa, the advertising speech often mentions someone named "Conchita", I think.

Edited by AlrikFassbauer

The recent Ranos thread made me think about all the lines I've misheard or misunderstood in this game and I wanted to make a new thread for it because it deserves its own thread. :D

For me, the funniest example of a misheard line is when I thought Elara Dorn says "Help! A Wookie threw it." instead of "Help! I'll walk you through it." :p I mean, this is Star Wars, so it worked for me. :D

And as far as misunderstanding something goes, one of the Knights of Zakuul says "Izax take you!" and not knowing the Zakuul Pantheon at the time, I always thought it was "I, Zax, take you!", as in, Zax is their name and their threatening to take you. Which very much made sense to me. :D

So what about you? Any fun misheard or misunderstood lines you want to share? Other than the dessert monster (which makes me want to play a Sith Warrior just for that line :p).

I'm a bit hard of hearing (40 years of flying airplanes does that). I also refuse to play with my hearing aids in. So mishearing happened a lot. I turned the subtitles on. ;) I was really disappointed at what they were really saying.

Edited by Keta