Does Master Ranos pronounce some words wrong or am I going deaf?

Sangetorix

I suspect some of these things might be due to bad audio compression...

Quinn sounds like saying "If you think that's the best juice of me." :p

I never noticed that, lol. It sounds normal to me though, to mash up the words best and use and get a sort of "j" sound in the middle. Kind of like in WoW when the female night elf says "May the stars guyjoo". It probably sounds silly to some English speakers and normal to others.

Vette's "Kiece of cake" drives me crazy though, nails on chalkboard. I can't explain why it sounds like that.

sheesh, how do all of YA'LL think Southern people speak?

and there are quite a few Northerners in my part of the South -- so I must be used to it ( and I live in a major metropolitan area, so I am sure we may speak differently than the 'traditional" Southern speak, except for Mississippi -- ( just kidding -- honest -- I am married to a gorgeous MS gentleman and his accent has changed since he moved away, I can tell -- but I love his state and him ......

Vette's "Kiece of cake" drives me crazy though, nails on chalkboard. I can't explain why it sounds like that.

Risha drives me nuts when she says, "You're sure to be satisFILED" when she does a crew mission. I can't un-hear that. I know what she is supposed to be saying, but I can hear nothing else no matter how I strain my ears.

I don't like Ranos' voice. She sounds like a random person off the street, with poor enunciation. I use Shae instead of her on my new toons for that reason.

Edited by Tamyn

Risha drives me nuts when she says, "You're sure to be satisFILED" when she does a crew mission. I can't un-hear that. I know what she is supposed to be saying, but I can hear nothing else no matter how I strain my ears.

Same, same. I love Risha, but that makes me cringe every time.

Everyone pronounces Theron incorrectly except for the Consular.. shes the oonly one who says TherON instead of TherEN.

Different people amd accents pronounce words differently

Doesn't she have to, considering she knows two people with the same name, just spelled differently?

Doesn't she have to, considering she knows two people with the same name, just spelled differently?

Their names ARE different though thats the point, most pronounce words with lazy pronunciation.

Tharan Cedrax and Theron Shan. Two different names if pronounced correctly.

Edited by Suzsi

Their names ARE different though thats the point, most pronounce words with lazy pronunciation.

Tharan Cedrax and Theron Shan. Two different names if pronounced correctly.

I just meant it's cool that the Consular does it right because it's specifically out of necessity for her.

I see those two names and pronounce them THERE-in (soft th) in my head.

I pronounce them both the same. Therun. I'm southern, though. We're lazy with our mouths.

Saying TheRON sounds like you're trying to be the Queen of England. You have to talk in falsetto and put your nose up and to the left.