New Trilogy Announced

MajorZuma

A brand new trilogy has just been announced by Disney.

In the announcement they stated Rian Johnson will head the new trilogy and it will star brand new characters in a relatively untouched section of the galaxy lore-wise. It also seemed liked they were so impressed with how he did on the Last Jedi that that was the reason why he was chosen to direct.

I'm excited lol, it came out of nowhere and it was totally unexpected but hey, I'm all for Brand New Characters and Rian Johnson. He is a good director imo and he is also a Star Wars Nerd.

Thoughts?

For the most part, I'm withholding judgment for now until more details start coming out, but I will say I'm more intrigued by this news than I am by the upcoming Han Solo movie or Obi-Wan move.

If Disney has this much faith in him, then I think it is also a promising indication for Last Jedi.

Edited by DarthDymond

Also a live-action series has been announced for 2019.

I hope Dave Filoni is some sort of creative influence on the new series as I think Clone Wars and Rebels are fantastic. I think he has a perfect sense of balance in terms of having brand new stories as well as references to the Movies and EU.

I'll just leave these here...

Good job there with the links:)

Guys as a service to each other can we post links to the sources of our findings in the future. Being able to review a news from a genuine source, and being source critical, not only gives the individual a chance to investigate the news further, but it is critical skill for viewing any news, to distinguish it from real, some what real or just "Fake News".

"Never before touched Star Wars Lore"!!!? We need a definition of that. Is it from a Disney Star Wars Lore point of view, OR is it from a EU Star Wars Lore point of view!?

EDIT; Wait, did those guys say that a live action Star Wars TV-series was confirmed by Disney? This is what I mean guys, we can't just Blur out stuff like that without Sources

Edited by t-darko

Between Brick and Looper, Rian Johnson's storytelling abilities are phenomenal. If anyone's going to start a new trilogy dealing with material that has never been seen before, I'm glad it's him. That's long-term potential. The short-term is this: If they're already happy to just hand him the reigns to a new trilogy, imagine about confident the must be in The Last Jedi?

Between Brick and Looper, Rian Johnson's storytelling abilities are phenomenal. If anyone's going to start a new trilogy dealing with material that has never been seen before, I'm glad it's him. That's long-term potential. The short-term is this: If they're already happy to just hand him the reigns to a new trilogy, imagine about confident the must be in The Last Jedi?

And this post right here is how I learned Rian Johnson did Brick - very cool, one more reason for me to be optimistic about Last Jedi.

Edited by DarthDymond

Good job there with the links:)

Guys as a service to each other can we post links to the sources of our findings in the future. Being able to review a news from a genuine source, and being source critical, not only gives the individual a chance to investigate the news further, but it is critical skill for viewing any news, to distinguish it from real, some what real or just "Fake News".

"Never before touched Star Wars Lore"!!!? We need a definition of that. Is it from a Disney Star Wars Lore point of view, OR is it from a EU Star Wars Lore point of view!?

EDIT; Wait, did those guys say that a live action Star Wars TV-series was confirmed by Disney? This is what I mean guys, we can't just Blur out stuff like that without Sources

I figured it was pretty general knowledge it was on the front page of Twitter and it was on the trending page of YouTube.

I also use this forum from my phone so its not as easy for me to post links.

Apparently it was all announced during the companies quarterly earnings report a long with other announcements like a Disney streaming service that'll Have all Disney entertainment by 2019.

Edited by MajorZuma

Heh, I hope it's not a KOTOR movie trilogy.

I just don't see it working well.

Remember the outrage at Canon Revan?

And beyond that, how do you tell the story?

Do you start with the game's beginning, knowing full well that seconds after you've confirmed the movie is based on KOTOR it will get spoiled to hell and back?

Or do you start with the story of Revan's fall, therefore removing the twist entirely?

Do you adapt every planet's story and if yes, how?

And that's just a minuscule amount of the questions one must answers before making a KOTOR movie trilogy.

I'd much rather see a full remake of KOTOR with today's tech (It'll most likely be an action-RPG but if that's the price).

And if the movie has to be set in the Old Republic era, make it about the stories before that (Golden Age, Exar Kun, Ulic's Redemption. Or similar arcs with new characters) or concurrent (Zayne Carrick's story would be excellent on-screen)

But no Revan Trilogy, pretty please. Just make a new game.

Hope this plays out well....but i predict its going to include some modern social/ political content agenda thats going to sour many star wars fans. I pray im wrong...

Ashur

As long as it's not "Doctor Who Series 10" level of "Current Year Political Commentary", it's should be alright.

Every Star Wars movie has had political commentary in it in some form.

Seriously, as long as you don't have a British woman complaining about an "orange" president she didn't vote for when England has no president and the POTUS in Doctor Who appeared in the previous episode and definitely isn't said orange politician....

I figured it was pretty general knowledge it was on the front page of Twitter and it was on the trending page of YouTube.

:)No worries mate, twitter just isn't where I am . . . It's just frustrating, I have a few days work stretched to max and that's when the great news arrives . . . when it comes to SW news I only consider starwars.com as a reliable source of information.

But I do appreciate any heads up tho . . .

I still read paper news :eek: imagine the rest:cool:

Edited by t-darko

• 2 weeks later...