forced character renames, how many did you all get stuck with?

Jeweledleah

Surprisingly, on Loser Malgus server I lost none of my names. But well, I'm not sure there are many players with more playtime than me, so it's not that surprising after all. I was expecting to lose some names of my not-too-old TRE chars.

I haven't checked on the other servers yet, but I wouldn't even be able to tell one single name of my chars there, so unless they state the name in-game, I couldn't even say which name I lost. That said, let me check right now. ;)

P. S. I got the confirmed "lost legacy items" bug, so that maybe counts for something. :p

• Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I lost a few, but only one that really mattered. While I'm annoyed about it, it was only a few minutes on Google looking for different permutations of the same word. The rest? Eh, whatever. Haven't finished the renames, but I was pondering common foodstuffs and household items as names...for some reason, unless I know it's a toon I might consider roleplaying with (such as my first example, and even then, I roleplay very rarely), I find it really difficult to worry about. "Darth Kaleidoscope" sounds like it'll work about as well as anything.

18 characters, and not a single name lost. I guess I was sufficiently unique enough, or just a lucky duck :jawa_smile: I'm leaning toward the former, however, seeing as all of my names are ones I made up.

I wasn't particularly worried about actually losing a name though. Given alt codes and spaces for surnames, I could have easily reclaimed the exact same combination of letters.

Well you are not the only one ALL ( specialy my most importend name Ramsus) names that I have since Beta are gone .. And I draw Fan-arts and fan comics for YEARS with that names -.-

I´m so angry sad fustratet... I already write the support and the only thing they say was " Yeah Sorry you have to pick a new name" wow It seems as a Costumer they give a **** about it -.-

Edited by oeniz

i lost 3... Elly, Elhaym, and Narenya... which sux, i had Elly and Elhaym since i started the game when it launched...

I guess you didn't play them as much? What's their playtime as it seems unlikely that characters that old and frequently played would lose their names!

Edited by Eshvara

Elly & Elhaym were my lightside mains... i never got them (or any other character for that matter) past the core game because i didn't like the changes such as taking my companions away and making my character mute, i still used them for crafting and just messing around and having fun with, so they got frequent use... maybe they took my mains names because i didn't like the game after Eternal Throne and Fallen Empire and refuse to play that part of the game... but those 2 are my oldest longest played characters... Narenya is one i made on the fly to test out builds and stuff...

i knew a server merge would do this, that's why i was always against it, it's happened on every merge, i lose about half my character names... they need a better naming system because those people with 50, 70, 100+ characters have taken the complete naming pool... look at Cryptic they know how to let everyone have the name they want, never had a problem with names there, Bioware could learn a few things from looking at the competition...