Do I get a day of credit for not being able to play today?

TimOCeallaigh

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You know I got to really pondering this thread and thinking on the meaning of it all--and I don't know why but I just can't shake the feeling that my 50 cents for the day went toward buying someone a donut in the BW office.

I guess what I'm trying to say is--I honestly hope it was a jelly one, and that it was good. Because that makes it all worth it, you know? I just want my donut to have mattered is all.

Well, maybe if I wake up in the morning I will see a better world.

Personally, I think that taking servers offline for the most of the day ought, to get subscribes something good (that that don't have to pay for). Next. I am not l33t I don't play forever. I just want to log on and have my good time.

At least one of tne of the local TV stations found that their airtime was more valuable advertisers if they changed from:

Teaser -> intro -> ad -> start of episode

to

Teaser -> intro -> start of episode -> ad

What happened was people would be more likely to skip the intro (same every time, seen it) and at least part of the first ad segments.

Were they required by law or terms of service or any other silly document the "lol entitled" trolls always point to? No, they did it because they actually looked through the eyes of their viewers and needed a competitive edge.

Or, in BW's case, it would be a gesture to show they actually cared what we thought of them. MMOs are designed around getting people to log in and play every day they can. MMOs have been perfecting that craft for over 20 years. If people are throwing a hissy fit over not being able to play for a day, it's because that design and all the tricks it plays on our minds is working entirely as intended.

The 5 stages of grief

1 - Denial

Thread Title - Do I get a day of credit for not being able to play today?

2- anger

I mean that I pay to PLAY not wait on updates.

3 - bargaining

You know that by law if you cable company has to discount you for days of failed delivered service. They can't refund the fee's from govt but service fees have to be refunded.

4 - Depression

LOL already canceled my sub.

5 - Acceptance

Well, maybe if I wake up in the morning I will see a better world.

Personally, I think that taking servers offline for the most of the day ought, to get subscribes something good (that that don't have to pay for). Next. I am not l33t I don't play forever. I just want to log on and have my good time.

Actually you pay to do exactly as they want. It's in the User Agreement you clicked you agreed on.

Deal with it. lol If they choose to bring the servers down for a day, they can. They owe you nothing. (BTW just in case you didn't know, you don't own anything either. None of your toons, names, character's looks, etc...)

They said 12 hours and its been well over 12 hours. I think the agreement should be voided once it goes past the deadline they give out.

They said 12 hours and its been well over 12 hours. I think the agreement should be voided once it goes past the deadline they give out.

Details:

DATE: 8 November 2017

TIME: 1:00AM - 1:00PM PST (0900 - 2100 UTC) (Note that this maintenance will likely take at least 12 hours. Monitor social media for updates on maintenance timing.)

VERSION: 5.5.1 United Forces

-eric

That nice little "at least" there covers pretty much any extended time beyond the 12 hours so no dice.

Regardless of announcements, if they want to keep the people paying, they have to give them a reason to pay. Taking the game offline in prime USA hours (MORE THAN ONE OR TWO OR THREE) and not giving the people that pay them to do this, something in the way of lost game time is reprehensible. I don't wan't CCs. I want a day back.

Regardless of announcements, if they want to keep the people paying, they have to give them a reason to pay. Taking the game offline in prime USA hours (MORE THAN ONE OR TWO OR THREE) and not giving the people that pay them to do this, something in the way of lost game time is reprehensible. I don't wan't CCs. I want a day back.

Pretty sure you're gonna be on the news when they finally go down for good in mid sub. :rolleyes:

Now that you've "quit", you'll have so many many days to look forward to enjoying.

F#$% the game developers if they won't give back to those that give to them. I was just getting back into playing the game even though I paid for months of game time I never willingly used. AND on one motherf@#$ing day I did want want to play, I could not because of incompetence on part of their end. I would sooner eat broken glass before I play this game again.

In my state it only $40 to make a claim in the lower courts. If I win my dispute with the case, the defendant has to pay the court costs. Personally, in the end it costs me nothing, but SWTOR has to pay someone to go and present a defense. AND PAY court costs.

Thanks.

A former customer.

I don't give a flying pig what they said. They took the game offline during prime hours with nothing in return for those that paid to play the game. 1 DAY of compensation for subscribers across the board would cost less then making long term subs quit. Like me.

Some folks will always raise heck over some trivial matter they think they can squeeze some doku out of.

It's pathetic really, i mean what are we talking about here... 0,02 euro per hour x 6 hour = 0,12 euro -ish ??

Let me send you 1 credit ingame to compensate you... :rolleyes: