Makeb CXP and Patch 5.5a

Hammaclar

The mission terminal, either on planet or on the orbital station, for Republic and Imperial side show the weekly as giving the same CXP as a regular mission.

https://ibb.co/iWyGFw

These are the missions offered on the terminals.

https://ibb.co/kX7nNb

Which is different from the missions offered on the Fleet (only Republic shown here) where no Weekly mission is available.

https://ibb.co/dAuOvw

Compared to, for example, Iokath. Here showing the correct amount of CXP to be awarded.

https://ibb.co/jKftTG

Either someone forgot to adjust Makeb's weekly mission to award to increased CXP as per the patch notes for 5.5a, or there is a different mission that the patch notes refers to. One that is not offered in game. Additionally, Makeb does not show up in the Planetary Missions rotation for Galactic Command.

I kind of figured it would happened since when Makeb is in the rotation for conquest the missions you never get credit for and this has been an issue for awhile and they still haven't fixed it. I wonder if they will fix this issue. Edited by casirabit

See if they can add the GSI weekly as well :D

Agreed, and while they are at it, why not boost the Voss weekly as well, it only takes 3 of the heroics to complete the GC daily but all 4 to get the weekly. It should offer like 4000 cxp for the weekly.

How about adding a weekly for each planet to do the heroics for that planet similar to Voss and get a boosted CXP once per week per character for each planet's heroics. This way there would be more variety.

Agreed, and while they are at it, why not boost the Voss weekly as well, it only takes 3 of the heroics to complete the GC daily but all 4 to get the weekly. It should offer like 4000 cxp for the weekly.

How about adding a weekly for each planet to do the heroics for that planet similar to Voss and get a boosted CXP once per week per character for each planet's heroics. This way there would be more variety.

The problem that brings is when they give a weekly for the heroics then you can only do the heroics once a week, which creates a problem for those that do the heroics more than once a week.

The problem that brings is when they give a weekly for the heroics then you can only do the heroics once a week, which creates a problem for those that do the heroics more than once a week.

Not true, Voss has a weekly and you can continue to the four Voss Heroics each day, including the GC daily for Voss.

Voss is the only planet that offers a weekly for doing the heroics. All the other areas that currently have a weekly are non-heroic dailies plus 1 heroic mission, and all of these are part of the daily GC for planetary missions. Makeb has a weekly but it is not connected to the heroics for Makeb nor is it part of the GC daily.

The only heroics that can only be done once per week are Tython, Hutta, Korriban, Ord Mantell, Ilum and Makeb as these are not part of the daily GC option.

Edited by DHTarez

Not true, Voss has a weekly and you can continue to the four Voss Heroics each day, including the GC daily for Voss.

Voss is the only planet that offers a weekly for doing the heroics. All the other areas that currently have a weekly are non-heroic dailies plus 1 heroic mission, and all of these are part of the daily GC for planetary missions. Makeb has a weekly but it is not connected to the heroics for Makeb nor is it part of the GC daily.

The only heroics that can only be done once per week are Tython, Hutta, Korriban, Ord Mantell, Ilum and Makeb as these are not part of the daily GC option.

Now that is true, but when they originally had the heroics you could only do them once a week and if they go back to the way it was, by giving a weekly, it is possible that the heroics would go back to once a week and that might create a problem and with bioware's track record of messing some things up......

Now that is true, but when they originally had the heroics you could only do them once a week and if they go back to the way it was, by giving a weekly, it is possible that the heroics would go back to once a week and that might create a problem and with bioware's track record of messing some things up......

Agreed with the planetary heroics were changed to have a transport to them from the terminal they were only doable once but that changed with the daily planetary mission section of GC including how Voss is treated.

Suggesting to give each planet a weekly for completing the heroics like Voss doesn't mean to limit them to only once per week. It means to have them treated just like Voss. Do them once with a weekly for a little extra, then you can continue doing them the rest of the week as normal as part of the GC Planetary Mission Daily.

But agreed given the track record of how sometimes EA/BW changes effect things in a negative way, and that would be a problem. But it would be nice to have the additional bonus for each planet for variety.

Passing this on to the team for investigation!

-eric

The only [Weekly] on the terminal is Toborro's Courtyard. Everything else shows [Daily].

I did find this little tidbit from 08.26.2015, because there was, at one time, a staged weekly on Makeb:

Some quick changes, and clarifications.

What is being removed is the Makeb [staged] Weekly Missions. In there place, we are putting new Weekly Missions which will contain largely the same content they do now, except presented in a way that is more consistent with the other Planetary Weekly Missions.

I have also updates the thread title to more accurately reflect. Sorry for the confusion!

-eric

So what [Weekly] is there supposed to be for Makeb?

Edited by PorsaLindahl

The only [Weekly] on the terminal is Toborro's Courtyard. Everything else shows [Daily].

I did find this little tidbit from 08.26.2015, because there was, at one time, a staged weekly on Makeb:

There is a weekly on Makeb. For Republic you need to choose 5 of the dailies, for imperial 6 and it will give you a weekly reward but at the moment the reward is about 112 command points or thereabouts depending on your bonuses when it should be around 8k according to the patch notes.

Weekly Contain and Control, on the imperial side its from the box on the right, closest to the gtn. (on the orbital station)

If you're on the hook you can get it next to the drop box by the elevator.

If you haven't finished the story there, you probably can't get it. Not like it matters until they fix it, though.

Edited by Krazhez

I even ran the Weekly on pubside to see if it is just a visibility thing, but it only rewards the same amount as a Daily.

Same, I did this yesterday just to see and was granted the usual (small) amount.

For reference, this is the [WEEKLY] Mass Exodus (Republic) and [WEEKLY] Contain and Control (Empire) missions which are picked up on the Makeb Orbital Station from the right-side mission terminal (right as you face the ramp to the terminals). [ EDIT - apologies, I didnt see that Krazhez above just said this, so I'll just reiterate :)]

These were added sometime around 4.0 as replacements for the STAGED weekly missions which were previously removed.

Edited by Teldir

Guess I should've checked with a character that's completed Makeb. Out of 34 characters, I think I completed it with 2 or 3. I hate Makeb. :p

I couldnt agree more. Out of 20 chars, I have 3 that have completed Makeb (one of which I finished yesterday). But now that we can get a little over 24k CXP (with all the boosts), I think it's worth the effort to complete it now. So, I guess I'll start working Makeb again. But I can only take so much!!! ;)

delete....thought the increase was going be be like the bug in the past [increase cxp everyday]...guess its just for the weekly.... :D I was so glad that this was happening that I forgot to read the fine print... :) one day of paradise followed by a waste of time the rest of the week...:(... Edited by Deadpoole

Additionally, Makeb does not show up in the Planetary Missions rotation for Galactic Command.

Neither do Oricon or Iokath, if you haven't completed the intro missions/KOTET respectively, so I suspect that is working as intended. Once you do the prerequisites for Oricon for example it unlocks in the rotation. I have definitely gotten Makeb to pop up for planetary dailies under the galactic command interface on my toons that have actually done it prior to 5.4 (yes five dot four). Post 5.4, I can't say because I was focused on leveling up command ranks on other alts.

Neither do Oricon or Iokath, if you haven't completed the intro missions/KOTET respectively, so I suspect that is working as intended. Once you do the prerequisites for Oricon for example it unlocks in the rotation. I have definitely gotten Makeb to pop up for planetary dailies under the galactic command interface on my toons that have actually done it prior to 5.4 (yes five dot four). Post 5.4, I can't say because I was focused on leveling up command ranks on other alts.

Oricon and Iokath do show up. Makeb does not. My main was created in 2012, long before Galactic Command, and completed Makeb in 2013. I took a break from the game and since coming back Makeb has not shown up once in the Galactic Command planetary rotation.

Oricon and Iokath do show up. Makeb does not. My main was created in 2012, long before Galactic Command, and completed Makeb in 2013. I took a break from the game and since coming back Makeb has not shown up once in the Galactic Command planetary rotation.

I have a level 70 CR 205 scoundrel who is just starting act 3 of his class story. He definitely has not done anything with Knights. Iokath has absolutely NEVER come up in the rotation for him. I am well aware that he can go into the GotM op without doing KOTFE/KOTET, because I have done it. I can also say that Oricon never came up until I did the intro mission series on him.

However, if you state that you did complete Maleb on that toon, then I guess it would have to be a new bug, because I've gotten Makeb on one of my toons prior to 5.4

I have completed Oricion, Iokath and Makeb on the characters I run through the galactic command interface and I even took my smuggler once through the entire command and did every single mission that pop up for the command interface and not once did I get Makeb even though I have completed Makeb.