The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Prices

KStone

Seriously, what is with the giant leap in prices? While I don't mind blowing some spare change here or there to get a direct sale item, I mean seriously... 5,700 CC's for a lightsaber when it was on sale... seriously? Over 2,240 for an armor set that's "on sale" from it's also stupidly high price?

You guys had set armor prices and weapon prices before, capping out at 1,200 (maybe 1,440) for armor sets and similar prices for weapons (I think).

Now I'm all for you wanting to make more money, I get the direct sale items, but seriously now... Those prices are absolutely insane. I loved the fact you did the direct sale stuff, look forward to things I really want coming out on them, but if this is what you're going to do to the CC market prices, then I'm honestly not going to bother. I'll use my stipend per month on the little things I want and spend no extra cash what-so-ever on anything that you guys are putting in there.

Just this players opinion

Edited by KStone

I agree on who's to blame, but still... in an environment where there are a LOT of F2P MMO's (and this isn't even the best game to play if you're going to be a non-payee honestly)...

The "reasonable" prices were part of what made me Sub up and even spend some extra cash. If their prices are gonna stay that high, I don't see myself staying as a sub for long. I've been spending my time and effort here, but if it's gonna become impossible to get something decent without spending a ton of money...

Well... I have a LTS STO account waiting for me with roughly 14 months of Zen (the CC equivalent) built up waiting for me to run through it like crazy...

Most of the armors that they are giving direct purchase were never available for direct purchase. You had to get them from pieces. I know it took me a bit to get the entire set of Visas Marr set and then I had to finish purchasing her set from the GTN. These sets were never available for direct sales so if you add up the amount you had to purchase to get the set you actually come out ahead.

I would say they're probably factoring in the amount of free coins you can get from various completely legit sources.

Last time I added up the free coins I've got (about a month ago), I worked out that I've had around 20k coins. Not a penny spent (I have bought the odd coin supplement myself though in dry spells).

I would say they're probably factoring in the amount of free coins you can get from various completely legit sources.

A bit of this and a bit of markup for an item that wouldn't otherwise be available like this.

Notice that the "normally available" armour sets and weapons are not marked up. If you want the Kyber assault cannon, it's still 500 CCs. The "marked up" ones are ones that are normally available only through random-draw packs, and usually only in individual pieces or uppar body, lower body, and supplementary/auxiliary partial sets. So they are marked up compared to the normal ones to reflect the extra ease of acquisition compared what you normally have to do to acquire them.

But, OP, if you don't like the prices, don't pay them.

I don't plan on it. But that doesn't mean I shouldn't find a spot on the forums that's appropriate for the topic and let the company know that I'm not a fan of it, and then let other players also state their displeasure with it. Companies respond to their player-base, and hopefully, with enough people complaining about it, they'll lower the CC prices.

I don't plan on it. But that doesn't mean I shouldn't find a spot on the forums that's appropriate for the topic and let the company know that I'm not a fan of it, and then let other players also state their displeasure with it. Companies respond to their player-base, and hopefully, with enough people complaining about it, they'll lower the CC prices.

Yes, I'm sure that'll work.;)

Especially for stuff involving EAWare.

Omg, it's Darth Revan's armor: one of the hardest to acquire throughout the past years. Compared to the cr@p armor that's usually on Direct CM all the time, 2260 CC's or so for Revan's is pretty d@mn good.

As for the lightsaber, it's [[[[Platinum]]]] aka not meant for everybody and their little cousin or to be sold for a pittance. If your pockets are really that shallow, then maybe MMOs aren't for you, especially if you want the nicest shinies on the cheap.

This isn't a galactic soup kitchen.

If you think the lightsaber price was high, there are plenty of people [happily] willing to pay twice that for {Senya's Lightsaber Pike} - bring it on.

I totally disagree with this thread, "-1, Not Signed" and Protested. The pricing is right, for the quality and rarity in game item you're getting. If you don't like it, don't buy it, no one is forcing you.

Edited by Willjb

A bit of this and a bit of markup for an item that wouldn't otherwise be available like this.

Notice that the "normally available" armour sets and weapons are not marked up. If you want the Kyber assault cannon, it's still 500 CCs. The "marked up" ones are ones that are normally available only through random-draw packs, and usually only in individual pieces or uppar body, lower body, and supplementary/auxiliary partial sets. So they are marked up compared to the normal ones to reflect the extra ease of acquisition compared what you normally have to do to acquire them.

^OMG, Ikr.

I'm not a fan of the prices either so I just won't be buying. Yes one can charge that much for pixels but that doesn't make it any less sad. *shrugs* To each their own. For some those pixels mean a whole lot more to them than they do to me.

As you price things so fewer and fewer players can actually afford to buy them, your financial house of cards gets very shaky. If 10 scrub-subs leave, not good, but no reason to panic. If 10 whales leave, you're getting a bad mention on the quarterly report because of the sheer amount of money they've stopped throwing at you. This is even more likely if whales tend to form guilds which are accidentally or intentionally "no poors" social groups, because those have a much higher chance of leaving all at once to go somewhere else.