How often do you change the way your toon looks?

Eshvara

I change mine quite a lot. The only thing that stays the same is skin colour, the rest changes more than I would like to.

I often go between wanting a more dark Sith style, and a more neutral style so I can rock both with the outfits I have.

I change complexion the most and face the least. And go between body type 2 and 4 as the other ones are too skinny and too butch.:rak_01:

What about you?

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The only thing I change often is clothing. I have heaps of alts though if I want an entirely new look I make a new char. My girls appearance outside of attire is each their own and remains, its part of those chars.

I only change clothing for my characters, not their looks, personally.

If I want a new look, I start a new character. Not spending cc on that while I still have open character slots left xD

Anyway their looks is a part of each character, so each has their look, for face features, hairstyle and clothing styles but only clothing changes over time.

Each of my characters are mainly, except my story clones, drastically different looking from each other but they don't change mid game.

Edited by Asmodesu

I only change clothing, not looks, personally. If I want a new look, I start a new character. Not spending cc on that while I still have open character slots left xD

I buy new char slots, effectively the same as spending CC on changing an existing I guess! With the added benifit of getting to replay fav stories though

Edited by Suzsi

I only change clothing for my characters, not their looks, personally.

If I want a new look, I start a new character. Not spending cc on that while I still have open character slots left xD

Anyway their looks is a part of each character, so each has their look, for face features, hairstyle and clothing styles but only clothing changes over time.

Each of my characters are mainly, except my story clones, drastically different looking from each other but they don't change mid game.

Makes sense! My characters don't have a set personality so maybe that's why I change them more often. :)

Sad thing for me as the small amounts of CC add up. :D:o

The only thing I change often is clothing. I have heaps of alts though if I want an entirely new look I make a new char. My girls appearance outside of attire is each their own and remains, its part of those chars.

Same for me. Once I feel the character is "whole" it stays that way. Out of my 30+ characters I only changed the look of two, once. My Jedi Knight was born Mirialan but it seemed off, I couldn't get into playing her until I changed her to Cathar. My bounty hunter grew her hair out. Kind of happens when you're busy on a galactic bounty hunt and don't trust your droid housewife to cut your hair properly.

The outfits I change fairly regularly. I always enjoy prepping for a new planet/adventure. New toys, new clothes, new weapons... It was part of my routine during the vanilla leveling experience. I was not in a hurry and it was good to take a break, go to fleet, pick up some gossip, run a flashpoint, restock supplies, upgrade crew equipment etc.

Clothing, yes; my characters all have a lot of outfits that change whenever. Other stuff, no.

I'll change their hair from time to time, and once in a blue moon I might decide they need different makeup. But that's all. Most of my characters have gone through the game just as they started it with no hair or makeup changes at all.

When they brought in the bright yellow eyes I bought those for a character I wanted to clearly show as being more DS than others (I hate the way the dark side corruption looks in the game so I never use that).

My characters are usually either BT 3 or 4. I think BT 2 is too spindly looking and BT 1 looks emaciated on both male and female characters so I stay away from those. My characters don't lose or gain weight; once they've got a body type it's theirs for the duration.

Edited by IoNonSoEVero

I try not to change any of my characters appearance, by doing so loses some of the uniqueness they has become apart of them. Despite this as i mentioned i try not to change but it doesn't always happen.

My main SW had changed out from while scalene from leveling up to Rishi and then has a short time with the rishi pirate outfit mostly because the shoulders and chest piece are quite glitchy on body 3. after that, it has been a SF zakuul exarch gear and has remained as such since. no helmet.

My main JK has always worn a SF Zakuul exarch armour, never revealing his face to anyone to keep his character as mysterious as Darth Marr. Not even my previous clan mates has seen him without his helmet off.

my main smuggler used to wear something that looked like mix between evocii and smuggler outfit gear before taking to the smuggler alliance gear before it was pulled from the game as a reward from the prelude to SoR, he has been wearing it ever since.

my main IA has always worn the Makeb imperial assault armour dyed purple and pink to match his purple hair and beard, he isn't a homosexual, he's just a little insane and enjoys standing out despite the fact he should be blending in. no helmet.

my main SI has always worn spectre's gear and kalligs helmet, never taking it off, same with my JK, to preserve the mystery of who the individual is under the helmet.

my main JC has also always worn Visas Marr's outfit but without a helmet.

it's the same for a number of other characters i have, my second SI has worn other outfits that i don't remember, but since prelude to SoR, she has always worn her alliance SI gear without a helmet on. my second JK has always worn revan reborn kit without the helmet...

Edited by Celise

Should changes be able payable with credits, then I'd say I'd do them more often. Right now, it's not worthy to me to spend a lot of CCs on cosmetics that barely anyone notices. I did few tweaks in the past and that is it.

The highlighted part is why I mostly leave my characters' body/head/face looks alone. My very first assassin has done it the most, although she's currently back to her original hairstyle at least.

But my Commando main will never ever change her hair - it's the only non-clothing part of the appearance of any of my characters that anyone's ever remarked on. (Red colour, mohawk cut.)

For different reasons, none of my Juggettes will ever change looks:

* Xalari is *supposed* to look like Tari Darkspanner (Revanite Master on DK).

* Nerys is *supposed* to look as much like Thana Vesh as possible. (Thana's pink lipstick can't be matched.)

* Aurata pulled an awesome yellow/white appearance that didn't need tweaking out of the creation screen's random generator. Not changing that, thanks.

The only change I have made to any of my characters is my Jedi Shadow, he has been played since my Jedi Knight hit the cap, soon after launch. He is my main character and has been heavily RP'd thusly the changes I made have been reflective of events in RP (poisoning with a Sith toxin and sustaining an injury to his face, which ofcourse gave him a wicked Blofeld scar)

As for his garb, when dyes became available I found a Dark Brown/Medium Brown and applied it - I can honestly say short of the arctic gear he might wear if a pilgrimage to Ilum is undertaken he lives in his robes, they are the Sanctified Caretaker set, I think they became available when he hit Alderaan which was where he became cosmetically set in stone.

I often view our characters akin to the representations of Obi Wan and Anakin in the Clone Wars cartoons; they have trademark garb that defines and adds to the character but rarely changes, if I were to change him based on experiences I'd also change his garb to reflect the change in ethos or attitude. As a Shadow, he embraces the duality of lightsaber arts and use of the Force; stealth, subtlety and cunning are his tools and thusly the Sanctified Caretaker Robes suit him, they are *almost* armoured, being reinforced with somesort of hide, if I chose to equip the gloves those again are plated and reinforced, yet the rest of the outfit is flowing and still robe like enough to not lend him to militaristic a visage.

My Jedi Knight is totally the opposite, he is a brute - body type 3 and looks like a member of a biker gang, since the breaking of the Jedi Order in the face of the events of KotFE he has not forsaken the Jedi but is not actively trying to rebuild and reacquaint himself with the Republic, he moves from world to world, just making his way - I have resisted actually playing through the expansions though he sits at 70, I'll lose Kira if I do, and the outfit I have on her looks just as... unconventional as his and not in a bare flesh way!

I have an upcoming Sentinel which I am not boosting (I want to enjoy the content all over again) he is a much younger character, I've put him in the Errant Knight CM set with Tempted Apprentice Lightsaber and Shoto - a weapon design ALL of my characters share (it's a nod to them being in the same Legacy) as it has the best sound and fantastic emitter/blade definition, aswell as some flashy lights on the hilt, it makes this spitting hiss as it is ignited that promises violence, infact I think it's the same sound that Vader's saber makes after he has thrown it at Luke on the gantry in ep VI and walks down the steps reigniting it.

Sorry, this is more than you bargained for in the way of a reply, it's a big part of my enjoyment of the game... clearly.

:)

I change outfits frequently but seeing as my characters are roleplay characters, I very rarely change their actual look. On those rare occasions I typically only change the hairstyle or complexion if something better comes along or I get a good look at them in action in a cutscene and decide it's not quite right for them.

I have changed one character's face, but it was a character I hadn't played in a while and I decided I didn't care for the look anymore. Other than that, my characters' overall looks have remained largely the same since I created them.

On an unrelated note, happy Halloween to those who celebrate it :) Hope yours is a fun and safe one!

Edited by SourOrange

Never, with 2 exceptions:

1) My warrior's red from sunburns face got healthier complexion when she married Captain Stickler, who took care of her.

2) My Inquisitor had a "dead womprat" hair period, before he returned to his nicer and neater womprat after meeting Theron.

Other than that, my main toons are who they are with rich background story, so don't change looks.

Edited by Lammia

I think ever since Appearance Designer it has given me appreciation for my characters looks. Even though I play on a previous designated RP server. I basically change my looks across my toons on a whim sometimes others every major update to include an expansion. :);):D:cool::cool:

Honestly, I change outfits often. I have a big wardrobe and I'm not afraid to use it :rak_03:

Still, I never change the way my character looks. It's my character, he has its own look, almost personality (old rp player here :rolleyes: ). Changing it is not possible for me, even if I try really hard :p

If I change the look of a character, which has happened once, I change its race, its whole appearance, as well as its name. :p

Still, there has been one time I change the appearance of my main character, in order to make her look just a tiny bit older (white hair instead of blond/gray) :o But does it count as a real change ? '^'

Edited by supertimtaf

After I got a decent video card, I changed the scars on one toon and the hair on another. I'd like to find another complexion for a Twi'lek, but no option has quite the same eye / eyebrow combination I like.

At any rate, I'd change the hair color and styles of my charaters much more often if it cost credits instead of CC.