Utility Changes coming in GU 5.6

EricMusco

Operative

Lethality

• Lethal Purpose now restores 1 energy each time a poison effect deals damage, instead of 2 energy each time a poison effect deals critical damage

DevNotes: We changed Lethal Purpose to smooth out energy regain and provide better resource management for Lethality Operatives, and lower their reliance on the Critical Rating stat.

--

Medicine

• Surgical Steadiness now grants Unshakable for 4 seconds of interrupt immunity whenever Exfiltrate is put on cooldown

DevNotes: We felt the Medicine Operative didn’t have enough defensive options in relation to the other healers, so we gave them the ability to apply Unshakeable to themselves after using Exfiltrate.

--

Sorcerer

Madness

• Deathmark stacks are now only consumed by your own periodic damage, and only your periodic damage gains a damage benefit from your Deathmark
  • Madness (the passive skill) now grants you a 10% armor bonus while your Resurgence is healing you

DevNotes: Deathmark stacks were getting consumed by other Sith Inquisitor players’ periodic effects, so we redesigned it to only be consumed by the caster’s own periodic damage. Additionally, Madness needed some extra defensive options, so we gave the discipline a slight defensive boost after using Resurgence on themselves.

Thanks!

-eric

Stop this madness! Operatives are overpowered in PVP. You should nerf their roll its making the game look very bad!! Developers make it OP just because they play operatives in pvp. Many players know about it! Nerf Operatives and bring Madness sorcs back to life. The game need more ppl. stop losing veteran players!

• Replies 310
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Stop this madness! Operatives are overpowered in PVP. You should nerf their roll its making the game look very bad!! Developers make it OP just because they play operatives in pvp. Many players know about it! Nerf Operatives and bring Madness sorcs back to life. The game need more ppl. stop losing veteran players!

the funny thing is that lethaility is clearly behind concealment - complain for the sake of complaining. u want to butcher that spec even further?

not to mention lethality ´s roll isnt like concealment one - if u knew the diferences between one and the other maybe, just maybe your claims would have some validation.

i really like you

Nah overall the changes are good and in the right direction, the key issue people voice is that the changes are not good enough.

I don't really call the changes to powertech/juggernaut/assassin «good», they more or less remove an important buff for some spec while making the tank spec even stronger in pvp. We're a year after 5.0 got released, Powertech dps and Jugg dps are still way behind others in pvp and will soon be joined by dps sin. Meanwhile, mercenary got to keep a 60% heal, or marauders still have an overtuned Ruthleds Aggressor... :rolleyes:

The only thing this does now is encourage peoples to run tank in dps gear in pvp. That's not an improvement imo :p

I don't really call the changes to powertech/juggernaut/assassin «good», they more or less remove an important buff for some spec while making the tank spec even stronger in pvp. We're a year after 5.0 got released, Powertech dps and Jugg dps are still way behind others in pvp and will soon be joined by dps sin. Meanwhile, mercenary got to keep a 60% heal, or marauders still have an overtuned Ruthleds Aggressor... :rolleyes:

The only thing this does now is encourage peoples to run tank in dps gear in pvp. That's not an improvement imo :p

For Juggs the changes are pretty great, some utilities combined, sure Vengeance has to pick a new utility, but Vengeance can afford it. Though I think dps juggs could use more for pvp, it's certainly a step in the right direction, this makes especially rage a lot better in pve. Though I guess sin dps and AP are getting hit pretty hard

For Juggs the changes are pretty great, some utilities combined, sure Vengeance has to pick a new utility, but Vengeance can afford it. Though I think dps juggs could use more for pvp, it's certainly a step in the right direction, this makes especially rage a lot better in pve. Though I guess sin dps and AP are getting hit pretty hard

Well yeah. Their intent was to buff Hatred to be on par with Deception, but in the end both are receiving a nerf. As for AP the «buff» they got is more than worthless (DR buff each time they are hit with a crit, they'll die before having the full effect :rolleyes: )and don't compensate at all the unjustified nerf received. Pyro is in a slightly better spot, but it's still one of the worst class in PvP :/

Well yeah. Their intent was to buff Hatred to be on par with Deception, but in the end both are receiving a nerf. As for AP the «buff» they got is more than worthless (DR buff each time they are hit with a crit, they'll die before having the full effect :rolleyes: )and don't compensate at all the unjustified nerf received. Pyro is in a slightly better spot, but it's still one of the worst class in PvP :/

I suspect this was mostly made from the perspective of PvE, making Pyro, Hatred and Rage more on par with their alternative dps specs for PvE, whereas the stun DR for tanks was sort of added as a side thing to have something for tanks, as giving them 30% AoE DR would require reworking all fights to take that into account. If this is right, then we might expect more PvP oriented changes for these classes soon™ (and for the record, I do think that these classes need some changes for pvp)

I suspect this was mostly made from the perspective of PvE, making Pyro, Hatred and Rage more on par with their alternative dps specs for PvE, whereas the stun DR for tanks was sort of added as a side thing to have something for tanks, as giving them 30% AoE DR would require reworking all fights to take that into account. If this is right, then we might expect more PvP oriented changes for these classes soon™ (and for the record, I do think that these classes need some changes for pvp)

Well, soon should have been now imo ^^

They had an entire year to think about this, and in the end the result only make things worse for the class who needed this...

As for the DR when stunned, it should be for all spec, no one needs it more than another. As for the AoE DR, indeed it belongs to a DPS, but was it really that hard to come up with a buff for the tank spec ? I mean, sin tank used to have a cool buff who increased the DR of its guarded target if the target took damage. Was it so hard to implement this again ? :)

Mercenary

[*]The heal from Kolto Overload given by Kolto Surge can only heal the Mercenary up to 60% of their maximum health instead of 70%

Commando

[*]The heal from Adrenaline Rush given by Adrenal Surge can only heal the Commando up to 60% of their maximum health instead of 70%

From 70% to 60% is a joke, not a nerf.

Just remove that mess.

Remove Adrenaline Rush and Kolto Overload entirely.

From 70% to 60% is a joke, not a nerf.

Just remove that mess.

Remove Adrenaline Rush and Kolto Overload entirely.

Agree remove that S***

Even without it they have 2 heal to full, speed buff, off heals, range, burst, backleap. 1 hard stun, 1 soft cc and AOE knockback.

Edited by reppaz

As for the DR when stunned, it should be for all spec, no one needs it more than another.

Right? Especially given they have created a game with a very idiotic stun/resolve system where, ultimately, it is impossible to avoid being chain stunned/locked should the other team want to. Furthermore, not all stuns are created equal and don't apply to the resolve bar equally. The devs haven't fixed the system, they've just inexplicably, decided to double down on people being pissed off by making squishy classes even squisher. Brilliant.

Tinfoil hat moment: Perhaps they have a master plan...they intend to make the majority of classes unplayable so everyone will just be using a few, and then they can work on optimizing those. ...Joking/not so joking/joking.

Edited by Kirtastropohe

Also simple suggestion, that l already have done somewhere, but l could repeat it once again: take away Responsive Safeguards/Echoing Deterrence from Mercenary/Commandos and give it to Vanguards/Powertechs. This would do 3 things at once: reduce Merc/Mando overpowered defensive potential, increase defensive potential of VG/PT, and improve Vanguard/PT tanking as well.

Anyway this defensive power lMO matches Vanguard theme better than Commando. Commando fights from the distance, why should they have more defenses than Vanguard, that meant to fall under enemy's fire? Also to compensate one DCD loss - Merc/Mando might receive some defensive buffs onto Rocket Out/Propulsion Round - say in a manner of Shadow 2.5s +60% absorption.

Right? Especially given they have created a game with a very idiotic stun/resolve system where, ultimately, it is impossible to avoid being chain stunned/locked should the other team want to. Furthermore, not all stuns are created equal and don't apply to the resolve bar equally. The devs haven't fixed the system, they've just inexplicably, decided to double down on people being pissed off by making squishy classes even squisher. Brilliant.

Tinfoil hat moment: Perhaps they have a master plan...they intend to make the majority of classes unplayable so everyone will just be using a few, and then they can work on optimizing those. ...Joking/not so joking/joking.

Some tips just for you concerning the resolve bar :

-There is 2 types of stun in this game : Hardstun (Do not break when attacked) and Mez (Break when attacked)

-One second of hardstun will apply 2 unit in your resolve bar

-One second of mez will apply 1 unit in your resolve bar

-When two mez are active at the same time, they don't stack multiple time in your resolve bar, this doesn't apply to hardstun.

-The resolve bar will turn white at 10 unit, thus beginning to empty itself. This doesn't mean that you cannot apply 12 unit stack. The more you fill it, the more it will take to disappear.

Anyway, that wasn't the initial topic :p

What I'm curious about is to know why the ranged got to keep the entire version of this utility while melee did not, especially when ranged have such strong defensive options at their disposal, who aren't even nerfed.

Why did you nerf Advanced Proto Powertech and Hatred Assassin when they were clearly on the low-end in DtPS ?

Furthermore, why did you try to make us believe this is as a buff for Hatred ? :rak_02:

Also simple suggestion, that l already have done somewhere, but l could repeat it once again: take away Responsive Safeguards/Echoing Deterrence from Mercenary/Commandos and give it to Vanguards/Powertechs. This would do 3 things at once: reduce Merc/Mando overpowered defensive potential, increase defensive potential of VG/PT, and improve Vanguard/PT tanking as well.

Anyway this defensive power lMO matches Vanguard theme better than Commando. Commando fights from the distance, why should they have more defenses than Vanguard, that meant to fall under enemy's fire? Also to compensate one DCD loss - Merc/Mando might receive some defensive buffs onto Rocket Out/Propulsion Round - say in a manner of Shadow 2.5s +60% absorption.

I wouldn't exactly do this tbh, it would imbalance the mercenary heal in pvp, making it really less good than the other two. Mercenary healer is one of those class that won't be at max efficiency if they take the h2f shield or kotlo utility point, those are better used in interrupt immunity. Removing the only ability allowing them to last a bit longer isn't good for gameplay balance between the three healers.

What should have been done is to swap an utility, rather than swap an ability. But that's just my opinion. :)

I wouldn't exactly do this tbh, it would imbalance the mercenary heal in pvp, making it really less good than the other two. Mercenary healer is one of those class that won't be at max efficiency if they take the h2f shield or kotlo utility point, those are better used in interrupt immunity. Removing the only ability allowing them to last a bit longer isn't good for gameplay balance between the three healers.

What should have been done is to swap an utility, rather than swap an ability. But that's just my opinion. :)

As I have both PT and Mercs, mercs NO NOT NEED RS. PTs on the other hand are in DIRE need of it. KO is plenty enough to keep a Merc Alive.

Edited by TalonVII

l would disagree on that. Giving this kolto overload/energy shield utility to PT would make it mandatory thing for tanking, and that something devs should be avoiding. Just like Ice Juggernaut's attack perk, which was musthave for DPS, until it gets removed. Looking forward for doing something with Jugg/Sin broken, no-brainer for Tanks perks (such as speed boost turning to DCD and 9s Force Shroud total duration (counting forced stealth's one too)).

The "interrupt immunity" for 4 seconds after rolling twice for operative healers must be some sort of joke, right?

So when I really, really, really need to get a cast off, uninterrupted, I first have to roll around for 3 seconds, and then still get interrupted by a knock back or cc anyway??

Why not make supercharged and polarity shift a 3 second cast as well, since it seems a healer has plenty of time to waste GCDs on non-healing stuff before he needs to cast uninterruptedly.

Zero response to burst, zero procs for instant casts that don't use up energy, zero def cds that can be used while stunned, zero interrupt immunity and hots nerfed, nerfed, nerfed. And this is what you come up with??

Again, some sort of sick joke, right? No developer with even a modicum of brain activity would come up with that "fix" unironically, right?

l would disagree on that. Giving this kolto overload/energy shield utility to PT would make it mandatory thing for tanking, and that something devs should be avoiding. Just like Ice Juggernaut's attack perk, which was musthave for DPS, until it gets removed. Looking forward for doing something with Jugg/Sin broken, no-brainer for Tanks perks (such as speed boost turning to DCD and 9s Force Shroud total duration (counting forced stealth's one too)).

Well, the difference is that they could use the 5.6 version of trauma regulator (don't heal that much). Another major difference is that PT shield last longer than the mercenary, making it harder to pull off effectively. Besides, you're saying that PT do not need a mandatory ability for his survival... Well, I'd say the opposite. This doesn't seem like much, but it would clearly improve the DtPS on their side. Kolto Surge shouldn't be given to PT though, Pyro would be so broken because of this :rolleyes: This utility should have been removed since the beginning, it doesn't have its place here anyway, Kolto Overload should have stayed at 40% too.

Responsive Safeguard for mercenary and Trauma Regulator for powertech would be the "safest" bet imo, because they can both be usefull while both having a counter.

As for the "no brainer" perk called Phasing Phantasm, before they decided to remove the DR when stunned for dps sin, I would have agreed with you, 60% is too much. But now it isn't that abnormal imo, especially since it doesn't last that long.

Edited by supertimtaf

Learned to stop getting use to certain classes and their advantages, without a doubt Bioware will most certainly...adjust the class and specializations leaving you with a hollowed out favorite role. I fear sweeping gunfire for gunslingers will someday get an extreme nerf that will make grinding take 4x as long.

DevNotes: We noticed a disparity between damage output on the Carnage discipline from players that could successfully “clip” a Vicious Throw in a Ferocity window and those who couldn’t, due to factors outside of their control like server latency. Clipping lead to being able to use 3 abilities affected by Ferocity during the original 3 second window instead of 2. To remedy this, we changed Ferocity to be stack based, with 2 stacks lasting 10 seconds. Additionally, Ferocity now only affects certain abilities, making it possible for players to use a less optimal ability during the window without sacrificing a stack Ferocity.

Although this will look like a DPS loss, Carnage’s target DPS has always been calculated without “clipping” in mind, so this change should effectively normalize Carnage’s DPS to our target.

This, and changes previously LIKE this, may well be what finally kills this game for me (I've taken a bunch of breaks, but I always end up back).

It seems like Bioware has decided that they don't WANT players to be better or worse, they just want everyone roughly the same, no matter their ability or class knowledge. Operatives who could cover-dance did more damage, so they removed that. Warriors and PTs who could stance-dance were more effective, so they removed that. Mercs who knew tricks like single ticks of blazing bolts proccing barrage did more damage, so they removed the damage bonus of barrage. Rocket punch? Could be great for good players, or bad for terrible players - so they removed it. And now this.

For the first time EVER since launch, I am bored of my commando/merc. Not because of their survivability, not because of their damage, not because of nerfs or buffs (now or previously). But because all of the tricks that separated the experienced from the new have been ironed out. It's almost impossible to do a suboptimal rotation now. And the same thing is happening to *every* other class. It's exactly the same PVE rotations for days, no matter what you're doing.

I'm all for making things more accessible to new players. But don't do that by dumbing it down for the more experienced. You're losing me. And I'm sure others like me.

Edited by Jherad

This, and changes previously LIKE this, may well be what finally kills this game for me (I've taken a bunch of breaks, but I always end up back).

It seems like Bioware has decided that they don't WANT players to be better or worse, they just want everyone roughly the same, no matter their ability or class knowledge. Operatives who could cover-dance did more damage, so they removed that. Warriors and PTs who could stance-dance were more effective, so they removed that. Mercs who knew tricks like single ticks of blazing bolts proccing barrage did more damage, so they removed the damage bonus of barrage. Rocket punch? Could be great for good players, or bad for terrible players - so they removed it. And now this.

For the first time EVER since launch, I am bored of my commando/merc. Not because of their survivability, not because of their damage, not because of nerfs or buffs (now or previously). But because all of the tricks that separated the experienced from the new have been ironed out. It's almost impossible to do a suboptimal rotation now. And the same thing is happening to *every* other class. It's exactly the same PVE rotations for days, no matter what you're doing.

I'm all for making things more accessible to new players. But don't do that by dumbing it down for the more experienced. You're losing me. And I'm sure others like me.

Wish I had a like button to smash for this. So ill just +1bonk

this is why I pretty much main PT and sorc now and have all but stopped playing my merc these past few months. the class tricks are dull, its damage output is dull, and it's more fun to burst people on PT

AP and lightning still have some fun little tricks that separate the good from the top, at least in terms of damage output

Edited by Hoppinswtor