CXP is pointless if chance to get something usable is near zero

thomasgtott

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

100+ crates with nothing I can use. Just the endless treadmill - crate/disintegrate/wash/rinse/repeat.

If you don't want us to be able to gear up that way, why did you create the Command system in the first place?

White Knight stance:

On November 28th, all that worthless gear becomes fodder for a legacy-wide currency. And, it applies retroactively to crates you already earned. What this means is that you can disintegrate all of that junk, including crates you have now and earn prior to Nov. 28th. What's more -- your alts now also benefit your mains! That's pretty cool and almost unheard of with respect to MMORPGs. (Frankly, as an aside, the fact that the crafting recipes are BoL shocked me, most games make those BoP).

Evil Dark side stance:

The conversion rate is still unknown. Many of us, Eli, Tran, Aero, Capt. Rogue, etc., recognize this is a potential pitfall.

With that said, forgive me for being blunt: You're complaining about a system that fundamentally changes in just over a month.

Dasty

Edited by Jdast

The (not so) Random Generated crates are designed to drop higher quality gear the higher CXP level you attain until you reach Command Rank IV where high tier gear becomes "rare" once more.

For example. if approaching Command Rank II, the crates are more likely to generate high quality Command Rank I gear. I've found high quality gear begins to really begins to rain down between Command Rank III levels 280 to 299.

This is by design because the forums requested the drop rates increase. The developers complied with the stipulation that players will still have to grind to reach the higher drop levels.

Edited by jimmorrisson

It's insane. I have opened hundreds of crates since hitting 300 and the only 248 I've seen is a relic that I already had. Meanwhile, I keep getting 246s over and over. I'm with the original poster, if the drop rate is next to 0 don't get our hopes up, just make it 0. They need some way of collecting tokens and PICKING the piece of gear you want. Getting the same one over and over as "random" just aggravates me. I've considered switching full time to the other game I play and dropping Sub. At least there, every so often I can choose a piece of gear after grinding. :mad: Edited by Kri-gal

It's insane. I have opened hundreds of crates since hitting 300 and the only 248 I've seen is a relic that I already had. Meanwhile, I keep getting 246s over and over. I'm with the original poster, if the drop rate is next to 0 don't get our hopes up, just make it 0. They need some way of collecting tokens and PICKING the piece of gear you want. Getting the same one over and over as "random" just aggravates me. I've considered switching full time to the other game I play and dropping Sub. At least there, every so often I can choose a piece of gear after grinding. :mad:

Let me try this again. <<assumes Cartman stance with megaphone>>

THEY HEARD YOU. ON NOVEMBER 28TH YOU CAN DISINTEGRATE STUFF INTO A LEGACY-WIDE CURRENCY AND PURCHASE BiS GEAR. THIS APPLIES RETROACTIVELY TO CRATES YOU EARN PRIOR TO THAT DATE. WHY ARE YOU DISINTEGRATING CRATES NOW UNTIL YOU KNOW THE CONVERSION RATE?

Thank you Mr. Garrison,

Dasty

Edited by Jdast

You can get gear by doing Op's - PvP - doing weeklies and getting the cxp. Many boost to allow you to get more cxp. Can get at least 230 set bonus by just having somewhere under 1000 tokens. If you don't have gear, "YOU" are doing something wrong.

I geared many alts in at least 248 mods and enhancements just by getting duplicates from my main. Never had so many toons with full BiS ever in any game.

The (not so) Random Generated crates are designed to drop higher quality gear the higher CXP level you attain until you reach Command Rank IV where high tier gear becomes "rare" once more.

For example. if approaching Command Rank II, the crates are more likely to generate high quality Command Rank I gear. I've found high quality gear begins to really begins to rain down between Command Rank III levels 280 to 299.

This is by design because the forums requested the drop rates increase. The developers complied with the stipulation that players will still have to grind to reach the higher drop levels.

The problem is, that once a character gets most of the best gear available, most of the time that character only gets what they already have...getting that last piece of 248 is very difficult.

That said, like Jdast said - twice - a month from now instead of CXP for disintegration we will get unassembled components. This means that for every piece you do not need you are GUARANTEED a step toward a piece you do need. i.e. you get a 246 piece you already have - it's NOT an upgrade - so instead of getting 350 CXP toward your next GC Crate which will probably have another 246 piece you don't need, you will get an amount (to be determined) of unassembled components which can then be used at a vendor to purchase the one piece of gear you do need.

Long story short - STOP opening command crates. Sock them away until Nov 28th.

Edited by psandak

Have I missed something?

If the loot from crates you have already opened is going to be retrospectively converted into components anyway, why hoard crates? You might be hoarding a crate that turns out, against overwhelming odds, to have that last piece of BiS armour in it. You could have it a couple of weeks sooner, or at the very least, you don't lose anything by looking.

The crates are okay every once in a while. I would never plan to gear that way myself but during this past week, I strangely updated my entire left side with them. I got a lot of repeats too as opposed to the orange stuff I had been getting. Now that its slowed down again, it seems back to normal with crap and crap with a side of crap. So I just ignore it and find appreciation for the stuff I do use like the gifts and the rare occasion that I keep the appearance gear. So i just treat them as useless and ignore them for the most part. But then you have something like upgrading an entire side and think maybe this one will give me something good.

I didn't grind either. I needed to do 20 warzones for a companion and just flew through them. I'm uncertain if they actually dropped more usable items or I just got them faster.

Good idea but it is too far away. I don't want to leave my toons under geared for another month in a half just to discover that we get some utterly pathetic amount of unassembled tokens so it will take 200 crates to get a single item upgraded to 248.

THEY HEARD YOU. ON NOVEMBER 28TH YOU CAN DISINTEGRATE STUFF INTO A LEGACY-WIDE CURRENCY AND PURCHASE BiS GEAR. THIS APPLIES RETROACTIVELY TO CRATES YOU EARN PRIOR TO THAT DATE. WHY ARE YOU DISINTEGRATING CRATES NOW UNTIL YOU KNOW THE CONVERSION RATE?

Thank you Mr. Garrison,

Dasty

I'm sure we'll find a way to screw up that. :mad:

Holy hyperbole, Batman.

You can't use Companion Gifts?

You can't use Command Tokens?

You can't use mounts?

You can't use pets?

You can't use schematics?

O_o

I already have main companion at 50

Command Tokens cap at CMD level 179

I already have HK Jet pack

Pets are worthles

Getting the 10th copy of the same relic recipe does not qualify. Or how about getting same belt recipe 6 times in row?

How many crates need to be disintegrate to get 248 unassempled components?

Edited by Tarbuch
addition

I think dasty hit on a specific point that might have been missed, "why are you opening them now. save them." 11/28 disintegrations yield UCs. those UCs can be used to purchase BiS gear. Opening them now is a waste of potential. RNG is RNG so, overall, it wont matter much gear wise, but sacrificing UC to get returns now seems a bit daft.

as noted, though, the conversion could be horrid and it may very well turn out that saving them hurt you more than opening them now, but since we have not gotten much on that its as if we are participating in an experiment worthy of Vault-Tec. they could very well make the initial conversions very low and, after a few weeks and checking, um, metrics, decide that they were too low and increase them. of course the numbskuls like myself would have opened all their stockpiled crates and are now wrapped helically around an axis, but, so is the nature these days..

edit:

would also like to add that if you are reaching the cap on your command tokens, you dont have to take them out of the stash. Im sure the individual amount is also 3000, but ihavent gotten that far up to know. pets and orange items can be sold for more on the GTN than worth vendoring or the CXP gain. i lose track of what schems i have so i take those out and let the toon with the skill vendor them if they have them already.. additional mounts and other little items are either disintegrated or placed in cargo for another toon to use.

Edited by Qouivandes

Thank you Mr. Garrison,

Dasty

Maybe because he thinks this is yet another bioware "misspoke" moment and " THIS APPLIES RETROACTIVELY TO CRATES YOU EARN PRIOR TO THAT DATE." is actually a lie. (or misinterpreted).

I know I'm not believing that 100%. It's one of those too good to be true things that bioware can very easily change at the last second.

It's insane. I have opened hundreds of crates since hitting 300 and the only 248 I've seen is a relic that I already had. Meanwhile, I keep getting 246s over and over. I'm with the original poster, if the drop rate is next to 0 don't get our hopes up, just make it 0. They need some way of collecting tokens and PICKING the piece of gear you want. Getting the same one over and over as "random" just aggravates me. I've considered switching full time to the other game I play and dropping Sub. At least there, every so often I can choose a piece of gear after grinding. :mad:

And with the old pre-5.0 system (not counting 4.0's Op of the week) you would be stuck in 242 unless you ran Nightmare ops so you've actually gotten better gear than you would have using the previous system with 246 purples and the occasional 248 gold drop.

Holy hyperbole, Batman.

You can't use Companion Gifts?

You can't use Command Tokens?

You can't use mounts?

You can't use pets?

You can't use schematics?

O_o

• You can only use ONE mount

• You can only use ONE pet

• You can only use ONE schematic

The companion gifts are worthless unless they're yellow, but even then they have virtually zero value. The command tokens are the only thing, other than gear, that have any value...and that's only to buy boosts to get more garbage.

CXP rates blow. They're far too low as they are and they need to be doubled and tripled for almost every damn thing in game.

Have I missed something?

If the loot from crates you have already opened is going to be retrospectively converted into components anyway, why hoard crates? You might be hoarding a crate that turns out, against overwhelming odds, to have that last piece of BiS armour in it. You could have it a couple of weeks sooner, or at the very least, you don't lose anything by looking.

Well, I dunno about you but I have 10 slots where I can put stuff when I open crates. I'm not going to be able to hold on to all the stuff in there that I would want to save from crates. As soon as it goes to your inventory it's too late.

Maybe because he thinks this is yet another bioware "misspoke" moment and " THIS APPLIES RETROACTIVELY TO CRATES YOU EARN PRIOR TO THAT DATE." is actually a lie. (or misinterpreted).

I know I'm not believing that 100%. It's one of those too good to be true things that bioware can very easily change at the last second.

The good news is, my caps lock is unstuck so no more Cartman! :D

If they did this Quras, it might convert me fully to the dark side. My guess is that it is pretty well set in stone, though, for the following reason. When I asked Keith about this in the original Autumn Roadmap thread, he initially said it wasn't retroactive, but then corrected himself on the record a couple hours later. Eric also flagged this point during the livestream a couple weeks ago. While nothing is ever set in stone (e.g., Umbara tokens becoming legacy-wide), they have been pretty clear about wanting UCs to be legacy-wide for some time now.

I think the far more likely pessimistic scenario is that the conversion rate will be terrible, or they will massively adjust the prices upwards, which would have the same effect. As it stands now, though, we simply do not know. It seems like on this one they checked and double-checked so the likelihood of a 'miscommunication' like we saw with the character vs. class CXP perk is unlikely to happen.

The other pessimistic scenario is that the Nov. 28th date gets pushed back. Frankly, if the new FP has completely debilitating bugs like Umbara Crisis' turret targeting or Spider Tank boss death respawn bug, then it should be delayed.

For now, though, I'll believe them, even if I too am nervous about the exchange rate. It may make sense, for example, to disintegrate up to 179 then hold on to those higher level crates until Nov. 28th. At this point, we just don't know the math.

Dasty

Edited by Jdast

Well, I dunno about you but I have 10 slots where I can put stuff when I open crates. I'm not going to be able to hold on to all the stuff in there that I would want to save from crates. As soon as it goes to your inventory it's too late.

Did you know you can increase that? You can buy extra slots. I have 30 on my main toon and 20 on most others.

The crates of crap have been worthless since this whole charade was announced. It a stupid gearing system.

It's a stupid system that allows you to get BiS outside of doing NiM ops. Literally doing anything in this game allows you a chance at getting gear that use to be only in NiM. Don't mind me, I'm a half retard and have trouble understanding how you see it this way, could you elaborate more for me please?

why did you create the Command system in the first place?

The Command Experience crate system is a supplementary gearing system that allows players that don't participate in the most challenging endgame group content to get reasonably good endgame gear easily, and a chance to very slowly acquire BiS gear.

The primary system for acquiring BiS gear is to run NiM mode operations, or to do Team Ranked arenas (which perhaps are a bit weak on the reward end, but whatever, in theory it's an official route to BiS).

You're complaining about the CXP system not doing something well that it was never intended to do well.

If you want to complain about the speed of BiS gearing complain about how for a lot of 5.x NiM Ops and Team Ranked have been a bit stingy or unreliable in terms of dishing out loot.

The primary system for acquiring BiS gear is to run NiM mode operations, or to do Team Ranked arenas (which perhaps are a bit weak on the reward end, but whatever, in theory it's an official route to BiS).
I don't know a single person who has geared BiS from NiM Ops...do you? NiM Ops are unquestionably NOT the primary way to gear...it's RNG all the way. Period.