• Replies 357
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What's that old quote?

"Never attribute to malice what can adequately be explained by incompetence?"

Something like that anyway.

But yeah, I think Grand Moff Sexy Voice amply covers my view on this

Either way, we still didn't get what we were promised.

I was just thinking of Kilran's quote there.

Hey folks,

I verified with the team and the current implementation is intended, but I am seeing some confusion around the perk so let me explain how it works. Every time you hit Command Rank 300 on one of the mirrored base Classes (more on that in a sec) you get a 25% bonus to the base value for CXP gains. Since there are four sets of mirrors, you can gain four stacks of this buff, up to a total of 100%. It looks like this:

• Any Knight or Warrior to 300 adds +25%
  • Any Consular or Inquisitor to 300 adds +25%
  • Any Smuggler or Agent to 300 adds +25%
  • Any Trooper or Bounty Hunter to 300 adds +25%

Separately, I know there are questions about how we communicated (or didn’t) around this perk and so let me explain what happened. When Keith put information on the perk in the roadmap, it was meant to be fairly general, but we realize if we had been more specific we could have saved some of this frustration. The requirements for the perk were born out of some technical limitations which prevented us from giving you a bonus for any character which hit 300 (such as multiple Sith Warriors). As I was gathering the notes for 5.5, I didn’t realize that limitation had been put in place and it wasn’t caught during internal review. None of this is meant as an excuse, you should have had this information before today and it should have been in the notes. I apologize for that not being communicated, that’s on me.

The above information has been added into the patch notes for clarity, we hope that you still get to enjoy the benefits of increased CXP as you rank up in Galactic Command.

Thanks!

-eric

You guys literary make me throw up in the back of my throat just a little bit with how you handle things. Maybe it's just me gagging at the fact you can screw up so badly and then so easily just wash it away like it didn't matter.

You guys are really just terrible at this.

Here are a couple of clear recommendations:

1. The perk should apply to all characters in the legacy, INCLUDING level 300's. The grind past 300 is brutal.

2. At a minimum, you could maybe make it 25% to buy the perk, then 25% per base class to a total of 100%. So 3 base classes would get you to 100%. Alternatively, I guess I don't understand why you can't use advanced classes, so any 3 would get you to 100%.

That still is not fair to people with multiple toons of the same class, but if you put on your pointy hats you could solve that if you wanted or cared to.

Hey folks,

I verified with the team and the current implementation is intended, but I am seeing some confusion around the perk so let me explain how it works. Every time you hit Command Rank 300 on one of the mirrored base Classes (more on that in a sec) you get a 25% bonus to the base value for CXP gains. Since there are four sets of mirrors, you can gain four stacks of this buff, up to a total of 100%. It looks like this:

Separately, I know there are questions about how we communicated (or didn’t) around this perk and so let me explain what happened. When Keith put information on the perk in the roadmap, it was meant to be fairly general, but we realize if we had been more specific we could have saved some of this frustration. The requirements for the perk were born out of some technical limitations which prevented us from giving you a bonus for any character which hit 300 (such as multiple Sith Warriors). As I was gathering the notes for 5.5, I didn’t realize that limitation had been put in place and it wasn’t caught during internal review. None of this is meant as an excuse, you should have had this information before today and it should have been in the notes. I apologize for that not being communicated, that’s on me.

The above information has been added into the patch notes for clarity, we hope that you still get to enjoy the benefits of increased CXP as you rank up in Galactic Command.

Thanks!

-eric

While it is disappointing to hear that, I am grateful that you have admitted the mistake and said we should have been given this info back with the road map (could have been earlier IMO).

This change in policy in taking responsibility for mistakes like this is a good step in the right direction and is restoring some of my faith that you guys don’t hide from them or brush them under the rug.

As much as we dont like mistakes, especially ones that can affect people significantly, I hope this policy of transparency continues and filters into some other parts of the game. (Odds on RNG boxes for both CM and CXP;))

Remove this limitation ASAP. Lots of people like playing one class. This limitation should NEVER EVER have been put in place.

Another slap in the face. Do they want this game to die?

Uh what are you talking about? Why would you get 100% for 4 Sith Assassins? So you can play a 5th sin? Secondly, put your mods in legacy gear and you don't even need to hit 300 on mirror classes. Craft your 246 ear, implant, relics and GG.

I think they should allow assasssin and sorcerer stacking though. Base classes went out the window when they started removing shared abilities (lightning), shared trees, and each toon started as an actual base class that got to choose advanced classes at 10th.

The mockrage on the forums is real. Is this twitter?

Edited by Rion_Starkiller

Eric,

I have normally been supportive of you guys but this was something that was mishandled at the beginning. It should have been stated when it was first talked about. Giving excuses is not going to work. You knew that with the delay in the patch notes.

This is not the first time, that the notes or the information has not been accurate and yet it still happens. This is something you all have control of. When relaying information double check the informations and the present the accurate facts of how it is going to work. Not giving the information like you should have is not something you should be doing.

It should be handled better and relay to your customers better.

While this doesn't affect me too much since I tend to play different classes and share the items I get with my mirror classes but not everyone plays like I do and failing to inform them of the correct facts is something that should not have been done. I would suggest in the future before posting any information you get the facts correct.

Edited by casirabit

Hey folks,

Thanks!

-eric

Eric, I dont enjoy playing anything else than sniper / slinger and pt / vg and merc / mando. Do you really think its wise to punish the playerbase that really enjoy playing specific classes? Why are Bioware forcing me/us to play classes that we dont enjoy. You dont think that this CXP system is grindy enough?

For people comparing it to the class boost. It takes around 4 days at the most playing a toon from 1-70 during double XP events like this week if you are slacking. It will take you a month if not more to grind 4 different toons to 300.

As allready suggested in this thread I hope you revert this change so that the 100 legacy CXP perk is counted of number of toons at 300 command ranks. You do want your playerbase to enjoy your game dont you? Or is this some Bioware tactic to get players to play tanks and healers?

Give them a break people, take a break from this game and join reality for a second.. you people act like this game is all you got in life.

No we act like paying customers that expect quality service from management after being in the business for at least 5 years and when they drop the ball this bad. They don't get to skirt it because "oh well. We just didn't talk clearly enough. My bad!"

Edited by Quraswren

Uh what are you talking about? Why would you get 100% for 4 Sith Assassins? So you can play a 5th sin? Secondly, put your mods in legacy gear and you don't even need to hit 300 on mirror classes. Craft your 246 ear, implant, relics and GG.

I think they should allow assasssin and sorcerer stacking though. Base classes went out the window when they started removing shared abilities (lightning), shared trees, and each toon started as an actual base class that got to choose advanced classes at 10th.

It’s mirrored classes as well. So you could have a Sorc, Sage, Sin, Shadow = 4 of the same base class,

Edited by Totemdancer

Hey folks,

Thanks!

-eric

Really? You don't see this going badly, do you? The lead up said 25% per character to 300. Now that is shown to be a lie. How much else on the road map is a lie? How much else in BW's communication is outright lying? Hmmm?

I've been reading this whole thread waiting for Andryah to come in and insist we're all stupid and at fault for this blunder. Unfortunately he hasn't posted in awhile so maybe he's gone or been banned for insulting everyone in the forums at least once?

I hesitate to mock anyone who's angry at this though. They just proved they didn't learn from the Umbara weekly cap fiasco, other than to put Eric on the sacrificial PR altar this time.

Eric, did you forget to get everyone doughnuts this week or were you slow at the 1, 2, 3 not it! game?

Hey folks,

[...]

The requirements for the perk were born out of some technical limitations which prevented us from giving you a bonus for any character which hit 300 (such as multiple Sith Warriors).

[...]

Thanks!

-eric

Personally, I'm not mad about the requirement. It's Bioware's game, they can do what they want. I also doubt I will ever have four characters to GC 300, much less the four base classes. I burn out when I grind, and I'm just not interested.

However...! I take issue with the one statement quoted above. As a senior software developer by trade, I find it highly unlikely, well nigh impossible, there was any technical limitation forcing such a requirement. There is absolutely no way on earth the game can't distinguish that you have four characters of any class at GC 300 vs. four characters from the four base classes. That's sheer and utter nonsense.

I don't know what the real reason is, but it's always frustrating when anyone hides behind "technical limitations". At least be honest.

Uh what are you talking about? Why would you get 100% for 4 Sith Assassins?

Why wouldn't you after the roadmap, patch notes and everything else up to the release states it is "per character", and not "per advanced class/base class/faction"? It's hilarious how this was clearly communicated blatantly wrong, intended to work entirely different than it is currently doing, and people come in here rationalizing this new approach.

Guys, it's not the perk. It's the sentiment behind how this was changed. They could give us 1% per ten characters and there could be a good reason for it. The issue is the nigh to nothing communication that this was changed up to AFTER the fact, and the sheer amount of nonsensical excuses given for why this doesn't work per base class/mirror class.

As I have previously pointed out, the game can distinguish between a warrior and a knight reaching command rank 300 for the achievements. As the person above me posted, and as someone who has learned software engineering as a trade before changing fields, I believe it is night impossible the system couldn't at least be build around the idea of distinguishing between each of the eight base classes.

They could give us 1% per character for all I care, but at least communicate and be honest about your sh*t design choices.

Edited by Alssaran

Hey folks,

Thanks!

-eric

First reaction = you got to be kidding me!

Then... Eric, I understand the logic is to motivate/reward players that delve into different classes and mechanics.

Issue being the community is really not fond of how the CXP was implemented and you guys just shoot yourselves into the hip this time.

Honestly between that and the mention from Keith that it's that easy to grind CXP, you are not helping your case.

Right now apart sending free marshmallow to every subscriber I don't know what you guys can do to appease the players.

Edited by Deewe

Many players were happy about developers promises. Now it's time to look at reality. There is always some "but" in that promises, and we are always informed much later about it.

And they wonder why people are skeptical about things they announce. It’s getting a bit better though, remember under Ben it was 10 times worse and he was always saying “it’s exciting what we have coming” and wouldn’t even acknowledge they didn’t tell us something. Then the next time you saw him, he would have something “exciting” again.

At least they’ve admitted a mistake like this, which I can’t ever remember seeing. If we see less of these mistakes and more transparency when something happens, at least it restores some faith they are taking responsibility. Remember they are human, mistakes happen (even when they shouldn’t). But i respect them more if they come clean and I’m less likely to rage at them or quit.

Personally, I'm not mad about the requirement. It's Bioware's game, they can do what they want. I also doubt I will ever have four characters to GC 300, much less the four base classes. I burn out when I grind, and I'm just not interested.

However...! I take issue with the one statement quoted above. As a senior software developer by trade, I find it highly unlikely, well nigh impossible, there was any technical limitation forcing such a requirement. There is absolutely no way on earth the game can't distinguish that you have four characters of any class at GC 300 vs. four characters from the four base classes. That's sheer and utter nonsense.

I don't know what the real reason is, but it's always frustrating when anyone hides behind "technical limitations". At least be honest.

Guess it's impossible without editing say a couple of functions or building Xref tables or indexes. Or thy simply fired the only person who was able to do a decent SQL request ;)

Thanks!

-eric

What was going to be a decent perk, pretty much just killed it for me. I haven't been able to log into the game as of yet, but I purchased a 25% perk and it had better still be there and working.

Guess it's impossible without editing say a couple of functions or building Xref tables or indexes. Or thy simply fired the only person who was able to do a decent SQL request ;)

Are you suggesting that coding something that doesn't break on first day and actually works by using a workaround is possible?

Blasphemy! If it can't be done in a day, it can't be done!

Are you suggesting that coding something that doesn't break on first day and actually works by using a workaround is possible?

Blasphemy! If it can't be done in a day, it can't be done!

Well before Blizzard jumped into the MMO world nope, and S.O.E was the master at building crappy code.

I remember very well some people from S.O.E. being challenged by developers to fix their code. To what S.O.E. kept saying MMO are much more complex than any of what you guys are doing (we had people coding for the N.A.S.A.). Then Blizzard came in and ashamed $.O.E.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.