Commanding Legacy and mirror classes

Vagessel

• Replies 357
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have 4 at 300 2 sage, 1 shadow, 1 commando.

I am currently looking at 176 CXP for my slinger for aldaraan heroics.

Base 75

have 10% personal bonus 7 (cause I am suere the numbers round down....)

double CXP event 75

light side controls the galaxy... um 12?

75+75+7+12 = 169

That leaves 7 points left to figure out.... the bonuses aren't working. not even the original 25% by the looks of it.

Base 75

double CXP event 75

75+75+7+12 = 169

That leaves 7 points left to figure out.... the bonuses aren't working. not even the original 25% by the looks of it.

have you logged onto you lvl 300 toons ? the thing is not working until you log onto all of them

You've got to be freaking kidding me...

This is NOT what was said...

The idiots in charge are in love with grind and are still convinced that it is their ticket too success. They will insert it anywhere they possibly can. Its like serving a banana split and adding rat turds to it.

Base 75

double CXP event 75

75+75+7+12 = 169

I'm supposing you logged into all you lvl 300 toons to activate your 50% bonus. So let's see:

75 base

75 for the event

15% for alignment win-state

50% for your Legacy-wide bonus

10% for your personal perk bonus

That adds up to 75*2.75 = 206.

If you are only earning 176 CXP, then you must have logged in you slinger first, without updating you Legacy for the new bonus. Are you sure that toon has the 10% perk and that your alignment is in a victory state? I did the calculation for all my toons and everything is working.

It is of each base class and mirrored. If you have a guardian and a marauder, they will only count towards 25% and not 50%, seeing they share the same base class tree as Knight/Warrior. To get the full buff, you need one of each different base class at 300. They cannot mirror each other. Even different AC across factions only count once if the base class is the faction's mirror.

This goes for same factions too. A Sentinel and a Guardian will only count once since they are both Knights.

I'll just leave this here:

From the Roadmap last week as found here: http://www.swtor.com/info/news/news-article/20171002-0

It specifically states characters. Not each class. Not each mirror. Each character. What happened in the span of a week that this changed so drastically or couldn't be communicated to us?

They lied, something they seem to have no problem doing.

yet another item that should have been stated. I have one 300 knight and working on my Jugg as i enjoy the play-style and story more than the others. Why was this not stated before? every post i could find on the matter just says 4 characters and nothing about mirror classes.

thats just low.

edit: not at home to check, so thank you for the location.

Normal BW/EA bait and switch tactic.

Edited by Tarbuch
typo

That is BULL, and not what they said at all. I have 4 Commandos at 300, 1 Smuggler, 1 Sage. So even though I have more than 4 at 300 I get 75 percent?

Or is that only mirrors? You can't tell which individual characters have 300? That's too hard???

If this is true it is total BS, we were told 4 characters at 300 with zero caveat about classes.

I had logged into one of my sage's so it looks like the the light side being in control was reset with the server reboot or it is just not applying......after logging into my commando my heroics went to 196

Base 75

10% personal bonus 8

Double CXP 75

Legacy Perk 38

totals 196.

Still not exactly what they said though. A toon to 300 and a class to 300 are TWO COMPLETELY DIFFERENT things.

Words are hard.

Edited by MacCleoud

This can't be entirely unexpected guys as 25% = 1/4.

There are 4 "base classes" for each faction.

Therefore, to get to 100%, you need to get 1 of each of the 4 "base classes" to 300.

There's a pattern there. Read the pattern.

But ya, they could have been more specific in the explanation -- not refuting that.

Edited by Rion_Starkiller

No way lol.

I was so excited that I just finished getting my juggy to 300, but I guess that was pointless since I already had my 300 knight. That is some lame news

I'm left speechless tbh...there's no way this is okay. We were told one thing, given another...I am beyond annoyed right now.

If this is true it is total BS, we were told 4 characters at 300 with zero caveat about classes.

General

In preparation for United Forces, the server select interface has been updated to only show five servers at a time. If a player needs to access a server which is not displayed, the scroll wheel will move through the list. Servers are displayed by last used, number of characters, and server name.

In preparation for United Forces, the maximum Stronghold cap has been increased to 10.

The Stronghold completion bonus for Conquests is now totaled from all active Strongholds. The bonus cap remains 150%.

A change has been made to the introduction cinematics for all Strongholds to make them consistent. All Strongholds will play the cinematic the first time the player zones into them on a character. A terminal has been added to all Strongholds so that a player can re-watch the intro. These changes do not affect Guild Strongholds.

Taxi points have been added to the Yavin 4 and Tatooine Strongholds to make traveling across them easier.

Addressed an issue where some players Conquest objectives would not reset properly.

Completing a Daily Bonus Activity now grants 200% bonus alignment (up from 150%).

The Dark vs Light pop-up which indicates the status of the war now appears every 90 minutes (up from 30).

When one side wins the Dark vs Light war, the victory state now lasts 18 hours (up from 1 hour).

New Achievements have been added for gaining Command Rank 300 with each Class.

New Achievements have been added for killing other players on Iokath while in other forms, such as piloting a Walker.

The Commanding Legacy perk has been modified to allow a player to get a 25% CXP bonus for each character they have in their Legacy at Command Rank 300. This buff stacks up to 100%.

The patch notes don't reflect the reality of the perk either so I'm guessing the "Oversight" excuse will be forthcoming shortly.

This can't be entirely unexpected guys as 25% = 1/4.

There are 4 "base classes" for each faction.

Therefore, to get to 100% you would need to get one of each "base class" to 300.

There's a pattern there. Read the pattern.

That's a super lame justification for it, but I wouldn't be surprised if this is exactly how it is done.

It's something that should've been mentioned in the Roadmap. This is exactly the kind of mis-communication that people have been calling out BioWare Austin for for a while. A simple footnote saying "BTW, base classes across factions only count once." would've meant that I wouldn't have wasted the last week grinding CXP on an assassin, knowing that I already had a sage at 300. I am sure there are many other players in the same boat. What a waste.

That's a super lame justification for it, but I wouldn't be surprised if this is exactly how it is done.

It's something that should've been mentioned in the Roadmap. This is exactly the kind of mis-communication that people have been calling out BioWare Austin for for a while. A simple footnote saying "BTW, base classes across factions only count once." would've meant that I wouldn't have wasted the last week grinding CXP on an assassin, knowing that I already had a sage at 300. I am sure there are many other players in the same boat. What a waste.

Yeah, sorry... I agree and think it should have been explained properly. I edited my post.

I'm a diehard pessimist, so I'm always trying to second-guess the devs when they roll out new content/patches by looking at their patterns.

***??? An operative and sniper (for example) are two totally different classes. etc jugg amd mara. Sin and sorc.

Not according to Bioware. My pureblooded tank assassin plays in exactly the same manner as my cathar telekinetics sage. They are basically the same class, really! *sarcasm*

Yeah, sorry... I agree and think it should have been explained properly.

It wasn't "explained improperly." It was stated completely false. Both the patch notes and the roadmap from last week never mention anything of class restrictions, mirror class requirements or the likes. Even in the patch notes, the perk is specifically described as adding 25% per character up until a maximum of 100%. They completely left any class requirement out for convenience's sake.

***??? An operative and sniper (for example) are two totally different classes. etc jugg amd mara. Sin and sorc.

well, i guess now we fully understand that our choices matter...right? I do feel silly, now, emphasizing my two mains when i was going about this all wrong, too. my sniper kept trying to tell me something, but i ignored him.

Not according to Bioware. My pureblooded tank assassin plays in exactly the same manner as my cathar telekinetics sage. They are basically the same class, really! *sarcasm*

It wasn't "explained improperly." It was stated completely false. Both the patch notes and the roadmap from last week never mention anything of class restrictions, mirror class requirements or the likes. Even in the patch notes, the perk is specifically described as adding 25% per character up until a maximum of 100%. They completely left any class requirement out for convenience's sake.

Exactly. It's like the umbara ruin/token cap and how underhanded that felt.

Now, they make all these posts about how the CXP bonus is and make no reference to how it turned out to be till after they nerfed the CXP rates.

Either this is a mistake for bioware intentionally mislead gamers. I lean on the latter.

Edited by Quraswren

Now, they make all these posts about how the CXP bonus is and make no reference to how it turned out to be till after they nerfed the CXP rates.

Funnily enough, I don't think it is emphasized enough how easy some employees at Bioware think it is to level each character to 300. Or as someone said on the development stream: "I am leveling my twelfth character, so I don't want to hear any sh*t about how hard it is to level through GC."

No, it's not hard. It's tedious. And whenever there's some release and easement of that tedium, there seems to be some little requirement that they haven't told us about...

Funnily enough, I don't think it is emphasized enough how easy some employees at Bioware think it is to level each character to 300. Or as someone said on the development stream: "I am leveling my twelfth character, so I don't want to hear any sh*t about how hard it is to level through GC."

No, it's not hard. It's tedious. And whenever there's some release and easement of that tedium, there seems to be some little requirement that they haven't told us about...

I wonder if the one with the insider information got his 4 base class toons to 300 before the CXP nerf?

You know, just in case he wants to level a 13th given how easy it is.

This really ticks me off, I have 5 toons at CXP rank 300. 2 Sages, 1 smuggler, 1 commando, and 1 sorc. Now I have to grind all of those levels on a class I do not enjoy playing? Seriously WTH? I want some clarification on this, because this is not what we were told in the roadmap.