Arcann romance appreciation thread! Haters keep out please!❤

Eshvara

Have you guys made new characters or are you going to leave your current LI? What class, race and gender are you romancing him on?

I specifically made a SI for Arcann (i really think her snarky amusing personality will go well with him).....even before we knew the romance was confirmed....it was a "just in case" moment lol :D ...but i am also considering romancing him with my SW....even tho she was with Theron...it all depends how that thingy will play out ;)

Have you guys made new characters or are you going to leave your current LI? What class, race and gender are you romancing him on?

I've made a new character for him. Any of my existing characters who are good enough for him would be too good to leave their existing LIs.

Hi all.

So I am a sucker for a good redemption story, so I am going to romance Arcann.

I have decided on making a human female jedi knight (romanced Lana on the first one I made, because Doc reminds me of my father, when he is drunk).

My SI main stayed single for Arcann, I made her in Kotfe.:rak_04:

I see there is more than one who will create a character for romance Arcann... well, me too. I almost dont have female characters, and my SW will always be with Quinn (its part of my legacy history in fact). I dont know if a crazy Jedi Guardian fits with Arcann, but... I have to do this! Cant waint to see the romance history! Im so impatient! Even when the JG is only level 15 (I dont like boost characters, you lost a lot of history and titles)

Ahm... sorry Doc, you are not my type xD

I see there is more than one who will create a character for romance Arcann... well, me too. I almost dont have female characters, and my SW will always be with Quinn (its part of my legacy history in fact). I dont know if a crazy Jedi Guardian fits with Arcann, but... I have to do this! Cant waint to see the romance history! Im so impatient! Even when the JG is only level 15 (I dont like boost characters, you lost a lot of history and titles)

Ahm... sorry Doc, you are not my type xD

Well, your lv 15 jedi will have plenty of time to level up since I doubt we'll even be able to flirt with Arcann until the rumored future expansion at the earliest. T_T

Well, your lv 15 jedi will have plenty of time to level up since I doubt we'll even be able to flirt with Arcann until the rumored future expansion at the earliest. T_T

Wow! I thought that was confirmed already, in 5.6 ^_^u Well, it doesnt matter, I think I can be patient.. I hope :rolleyes:

But the romance will be able, wont it? his mother and the Voss heal his mind... and we will heal his heart!

I know, that sound corny

Well, at least the only mention of Arcann I've seen so far in this update is during Darth Hexid's recruiting mission:

She recounts how she was in Korriban during Arcann and Thexan's campaign, and witnessed the destruction the Eternal army caused. She fought and luckily survived the encounter, but awoke to find the deaths and ruin of the Sith. We have the option to ask her if Hexid hates Arcann for leading the attack on Korriban. She replies that she admires his conviction, but grew to hate his empire and the complacency of the Sith.

I don't know if this conversation is different for those that killed him, since she speaks in the present tense, so I would assume that specific conversation option for the Outlander would lean more towards "He is defeated now" "Yes you have avenged the fallen Sith", or just switch to a past tense ("Did you hate Arcann for leading the attack?" "I admired his conviction") instead.

Well, at least the only mention of Arcann I've seen so far in this update is during Darth Hexid's recruiting mission:

She recounts how she was in Korriban during Arcann and Thexan's campaign, and witnessed the destruction the Eternal army caused. She fought and luckily survived the encounter, but awoke to find the deaths and ruin of the Sith. We have the option to ask her if Hexid hates Arcann for leading the attack on Korriban. She replies that she admires his conviction, but grew to hate his empire and the complacency of the Sith.

I don't know if this conversation is different for those that killed him, since she speaks in the present tense, so I would assume that specific conversation option for the Outlander would lean more towards "He is defeated now" "Yes you have avenged the fallen Sith", or just switch to a past tense ("Did you hate Arcann for leading the attack?" "I admired his conviction") instead.

Totally forgot about that, it was nice seeing something about how a Sith feels about what they did. I wish more NPC's had an opinion, especially after he joined the alliance.

• 2 weeks later...

From what I've heard Hexid's replies were based on

what she would have said if the dark side had won the DVL event. She tells my jedi that they are like her in loving death and bloodshed or some such. I'm like, what???? It makes more sense as the companion we would have gotten in DVL. :p

But I too am creating a JC fem to romance Arcann. She is all about forgiveness and second chances. I would have preferred Thexan....but....maybe someday. lol. In the meantime, can't wait to see how it goes.

Edited by IAmElvie
added spolier just in case :p

Linked from another thread

I was listening to the latest bad feeling podcast and they interviewed some devs and asked them what their favorite thing they've worked on is and one of the cinematic designers said her favorite was doing Arcann's romance stuff. I think she's now my favorite dev because she said she really likes doing companion/relationship scenes.

Just thought someone here might be interested to hear that. This is the podcast: http://www.badfeelingpodcast.com/audio/podcasts/episode_183_final.mp3

It's at about the 26 minute mark.

After listening to that part of the podcast, I'm quite curious about how Arcann would be in a relationship as well!

Gahhh, waiting is so hard!!!:mad:

Yeah I am trying to be patient, but ...I am so curious how it will be. I am thinking we have to wait for the Theron thing to get resolved. Otherwise I guess it could be messy.

Maybe it turns out that Theron isn't a bad guy, but in the mean time you started something with Arcann, then Theron comes back..all some of my toons would need to make things really awkward was for an old romance to come back as well. (Vector or Andronikos)

Linked from another thread

After listening to that part of the podcast, I'm quite curious about how Arcann would be in a relationship as well!

Gahhh, waiting is so hard!!!:mad:

Interesting that both the writer and cinematic designer for Arcann's romance are women. And they both seemed enthusiastic about it!

I'm also curious about how it will go, what will he say......Never felt like this with other romances before. Maybe it's because with others(this game and other bioware games) you flirt the first time you met and it happened relatively fast in game. With Arcann we have to wait it's like we are waiting alongside our characters in real time.

Interesting that both the writer and cinematic designer for Arcann's romance are women. And they both seemed enthusiastic about it!

I'm also curious about how it will go, what will he say......Never felt like this with other romances before. Maybe it's because with others(this game and other bioware games) you flirt the first time you met and it happened relatively fast in game. With Arcann we have to wait it's like we are waiting alongside our characters in real time.

Yeah I am really curious too, I find it hard to imagine how he'll be in a relationship and if his behaviour during the romance will compare to any of the other existing companions. Like Theron or Vector etc. Will he be more reserved or eager in not a slimy way.:rak_02: