Does Bioware Dislike Women?

Iceslasher

Personally, I'm numb to the Theron betrayal. I couldn't be any more disappointed in the current story than I already am, with Quinn's uninspired reunion and the fact that all of our original, unique LIs are now dead (or will be when and if they return.)

After all those months of hype - the screenshots BW posted, the tweets, the polls on facebook, etc etc etc, and after all the years of waiting since the vanilla game just to hear my companions voices again, and all the posts I've made since the very beginning regarding my love for the warrior story/Quinn romance, they couldn't possibly hurt me more with their shoddy, oblivious storytelling than they already have.

But I've one quick point to make about Theron and his.. very special episode. I'm not a Game of Thrones fan. Never have been and never will be. I play, and pay for, SW:TOR. Judging by the reaction this storyline has received, I'm not the only one who didn't sign on for GoT style narrative torment.

I wouldn't even say it's like Game of Thrones honestly, I watch and love GoT, I have since the start, but with Game of Thrones, betrayals, deaths and the like don't come out of the blue, just for the shock value like Theron's betrayal did. In GoT things make sense, they're foreshadowed, alluded to. It just felt like they picked him to betray because it would offend less of their (perceived higher population) male player base.

In GoT there are chains of events, cause, and effect that you can see and when it leads up to something big it's amazing.

I wouldn't say I'm numb...I'm concerned that another character I find fun and fascinating is going to end up silent or bricked as some people like to use the term. I was horribly disappointed in the way they treated Quinn's return. They thought it would be more important to cater to people who wanted to kill him and completely overlooked that Quinn has a large fanbase that was anticipating an epic and romantic reunion. :/

And as for the previous posters that tried to imply people here were knocking Bioware for their efforts at creating strong female NPC's and such, that couldn't be further from the truth for me. Sure, the NPC's are strong and competent. But areas, where they could stand to improve, is providing an equal amount of romantic opportunities for females. And being a forum and subscribers, people have the right to point that out, just like anyone else. Some might not agree and that's fine, but it isn't going to stop many of us from speaking up in the hopes of improving things.

Edited by Lunafox

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

With Quinn, I think part of the problem was that they were running damage control on an issue that had been around for 6 years. IMHO they should have switched companion roles so Vette was the healer and left the kill-or-exile option in the original vanilla story for Quinn. They didn't, and they also set up a situation with the rest of the dialogue where the PC was essentially supposed to carry on as though nothing had happened, so yes, some players did carry a grudge even if they weren't edge lords.

Plus, there was the issue where players complained about the other companion return chapters (hence, there weren't any in KOTET). IIRC Charles did say that he originally had wanted to give each companion an entire chapter, and those plans changed when they cut down KOTFE/KOTET to two seasons instead of three. The chapter in KOTET where the Commander goes back to Dromund Kaas would have been the perfect time to work him in, IMHO (and still would have allowed the player an opening to ask Acina to have him executed or imprisoned again).

The Game of Thrones comment in that podcast did bother me. Killing or turning companions against the player simply for lulz or shock value isn't the way the game should go, and messing with one of the few LGBT-friendly companions - and one of the two mission critical companions, to boot - isn't cool. All of the vanilla stories, KOTFE and KOTET have had so many betrayal arcs already. There was no need for another.

With Quinn, I think part of the problem was that they were running damage control on an issue that had been around for 6 years. IMHO they should have switched companion roles so Vette was the healer and left the kill-or-exile option in the original vanilla story for Quinn. They didn't, and they also set up a situation with the rest of the dialogue where the PC was essentially supposed to carry on as though nothing had happened, so yes, some players did carry a grudge even if they weren't edge lords.

Plus, there was the issue where players complained about the other companion return chapters (hence, there weren't any in KOTET). IIRC Charles did say that he originally had wanted to give each companion an entire chapter, and those plans changed when they cut down KOTFE/KOTET to two seasons instead of three. The chapter in KOTET where the Commander goes back to Dromund Kaas would have been the perfect time to work him in, IMHO (and still would have allowed the player an opening to ask Acina to have him executed or imprisoned again).

The Game of Thrones comment in that podcast did bother me. Killing or turning companions against the player simply for lulz or shock value isn't the way the game should go, and messing with one of the few LGBT-friendly companions - and one of the two mission critical companions, to boot - isn't cool. All of the vanilla stories, KOTFE and KOTET have had so many betrayal arcs already. There was no need for another.

It was too bad that they cut down the season from 3 to 2. I agree, having Quinn return during that chapter when they join Acina in the Empire would have been perfect. It would have made sense.

And yes, betrayal has gotten very tiresome and uncreative as a way to drive a story, we definitely didn't need another betrayal. I think they desperately need to go through the 36 basic plots to revive their creativity. https://www.rpglibrary.org/articles/storytelling/36plots.php

Theron is important to both female and LGBG+ players, so definitely they shouldn't take him away and make him silent or dead. :(

It was too bad that they cut down the season from 3 to 2. I agree, having Quinn return during that chapter when they join Acina in the Empire would have been perfect. It would have made sense.

And yes, betrayal has gotten very tiresome and uncreative as a way to drive a story, we definitely didn't need another betrayal. I think they desperately need to go through the 36 basic plots to revive their creativity. https://www.rpglibrary.org/articles/storytelling/36plots.php

Theron is important to both female and LGBG+ players, so definitely they shouldn't take him away and make him silent or dead. :(

Going through those 36 plots - or simply going through the cornucopia of unresolved plot strings from the vanilla stories to see what could be picked up again - would certainly help. I think the danger with betrayals - in addition to the fact that it's old and tired by now in SWTOR - is that it detaches the player from the story and characters. It's far harder to connect and engage when you're constantly worried that your PC's love interest or friends in the story are going to turn around and kick your PC in the teeth.

I agree about Theron, and I feel the same about Lana - they shouldn't mess with either of them at all. They're both important characters and the player has literally spent years building a rapport with them since SoR. And I know some people do have issues with Lana, but she *is* the other mission critical companion, and she's also the only LI for arguably the most neglected group in the game. If you're a LGBT female you have had *no* romances or flirts at all in the vanilla, no romances in the Imperial side of Makeb, and only one LI possibility in KOTFE/KOTET (even gay men get two).

In GoT there are chains of events, cause, and effect that you can see and when it leads up to something big it's amazing.

Whether or not they did it well (lol) I still think it's what they were trying to do. And even if they did it well, I don't think it would give anyone the kind of pleasure that they get from reading it in a book or watching a show. It's a different experience when it happens to the player character. (Especially after a doozy of an expansion like kotfe, when it's still dawning on us that our game has fundamentally changed, and not for the better.)

As far as the topic at hand, I've already judged the vanilla content as flagrantly lopsided. And I don't know if I should hope that Lana fans get treated to the same swindle that Theron fans have. One the one hand - fairness. But on the other hand - more feelings of distress and loss for the player base, both for the cherished straight male and for those players with literally no other options. I'm starting to think they can't afford to turn any more players against them, no matter their preference.

Whether or not they did it well (lol) I still think it's what they were trying to do. And even if they did it well, I don't think it would give anyone the kind of pleasure that they get from reading it in a book or watching a show. It's a different experience when it happens to the player character. (Especially after a doozy of an expansion like kotfe, when it's still dawning on us that our game has fundamentally changed, and not for the better.)

As far as the topic at hand, I've already judged the vanilla content as flagrantly lopsided. And I don't know if I should hope that Lana fans get treated to the same swindle that Theron fans have. One the one hand - fairness. But on the other hand - more feelings of distress and loss for the player base, both for the cherished straight male and for those players with literally no other options. I'm starting to think they can't afford to turn any more players against them, no matter their preference.

Yes - and in terms of the love interests, ne of the chief differences between a game like this and a book or movie, is that the player is directly interacting with the LI/companions and there's some cause and effect. A book can certainly draw one in completely, but the characters in it aren't romancing the reader or talking directly to them. The end result is that the player can easily get very attached to the companions.

In terms of fairness, I would think that if one knows how distressing and terrible it is to lose a companion, they would not wish it on anyone else. The players who have chosen to romance Lana aren't the ones who did anything to Theron. We didn't write that script, so why wish anything awful on us? Losing Lana or having her do something totally out of character would indeed anger and alienate even more fans, including those who have no other options, as one says - and no, they cannot afford it at this point.

Also, this appears to be shaping up for some huge dramatic story for Theron - he could very well walk out of this as the hero who saved the Alliance, if the hypotheses of his being an undercover agent is correct.

Edited by IoNonSoEVero

Also, this appears to be shaping up for some huge dramatic story for Theron - he could very well walk out of this as the hero who saved the Alliance, if the hypotheses of his being an undercover agent is correct.

Lets hope the current writer or writers are capable of that level of nuance. If it works out, I'll eat my words.

Well, so far I don't think they did it well, cause it caused me more heartache than I care to admit to, over pixels lol. Like you say, it's different with a book or show, because we don't get as personally involved as we do in the game with our characters.

I agree, vanilla is completely lopsided and I doubt it'll ever be otherwise, but I'm hoping for better in the future...but then you see the sorts of things they're doing and it starts to seem silly to hope for much.

I really don't wish anyone to lose their beloved, it hurts and it hurts that people can be so insensitive about a loss when it happens. So many guys like on youtube where I was reading, don't give a crap about anyone but themselves and their needs (Lana, Dark Jaesa, Kira, Ashara and Bambi...what's her name...*snaps fingers* Nadia). It would be nice if they were returned, so that we wouldn't have to hear about them anymore.

I hope they sort out the story with Theron, having this is like having a dark cloud hanging over one's head. And like you say, they can't afford to alienate any more subscribers/players.

Edited by Lunafox

I agree, vanilla is completely lopsided and I doubt it'll ever be otherwise, but I'm hoping for better in the future...but then you see the sorts of things they're doing and it starts to seem silly to hope for much.

LIs should have been sacred, immortal rather. And now we find ourselves in a completely unsurprising predicament.

*sigh* Is it just me, or is it exhausting, fighting against the entropic direction the game has taken recently?

LIs should have been sacred, immortal rather. And now we find ourselves in a completely unsurprising predicament.

*sigh* Is it just me, or is it exhausting, fighting against the entropic direction the game has taken recently?

It is a bit exhausting, yes...and while we're supposed to get a 'roadmap' soon (Oct), I sometimes feel like it won't be soon enough.

LIs should have been sacred, immortal rather.

I've been lurking on this thread - I love this thread. I'm not sure I agree with this though. A part of me is actually hoping that the writers mess with us a bit when companions return.

Isn't anybody else kind of wishing Nadia would come back only to smack the male Jedi Consular upside the head

"I was your Padawan you creep! And my Dad had just died and you're a very, very, very bad man!"

Or Felix could have gotten re-married and had a bunch of babies making a reunion really, really awkward? Or Vector - I mean, don't get me wrong... losing Vector would break my heart, but maybe he went full-on hivemind bug and just... isn't comin' back from that?

It's not that bioware dislikes women... it's just they have to spend so much time googling "what do women realllllllly want, anyway?" Poor guys can't win. :D

I kind of feel like the LIs should be sacred, too. The player needs *some* sort of rock in the game, even if everything else is changing, and they need to be able to count on their LI, at least.

The trouble of course is that the longer they wait to bring back missing companions, the more likely it is that they will have moved in with their life, died, etc.. Many widows and widowers move on after a year or two - and now in the game chronology it's been almost seven years since the PC was trapped in carbonite and separated from their companions. They could easily have remarried, died, or had a complete perspective change.

The plot loophole that hasn't been explored: since KOTET, the Commander has been very visible in the galaxy. Heck, even halfway through KOTET they're all over the HoloNet. Isn't it reasonable to think that these missing companions would have turned on the HoloNet, seen their long-lost spouse, and tried to high-tail it to Odessen or contact them via the Alliance? And since Arcann had an entire little collection of carbonite trophies, maybe a few of them, especially the Force-sensitives like Kira and Scourge (not a LI, but still), are still in cold storage.

Edited by IoNonSoEVero

I kind of feel like the LIs should be sacred, too. The player needs *some* sort of rock in the game, even if everything else is changing, and they need to be able to count on their LI, at least.

The trouble of course is that the longer they wait to bring back missing companions, the more likely it is that they will have moved in with their life, died, etc.. Many widows and widowers move on after a year or two - and now in the game chronology it's been almost seven years since the PC was trapped in carbonite and separated from their companions. They could easily have remarried, died, or had a complete perspective change.

The plot loophole that hasn't been explored: since KOTET, the Commander has been very visible in the galaxy. Heck, even halfway through KOTET they're all over the HoloNet. Isn't it reasonable to think that these missing companions would have turned on the HoloNet, seen their long-lost spouse, and tried to high-tail it to Odessen or contact them via the Alliance? And since Arcann had an entire little collection of carbonite trophies, maybe a few of them, especially the Force-sensitives like Kira and Scourge (not a LI, but still), are still in cold storage.

I wondered why sending a message to my LI wasn't the first thing my toon did as soon as I got to a mailbox. BW dropped the ball on that one, at least since they cut down the content of the Fallen Empire stuff. I kinda wish that they'd release some of that. I know it's not going to happen, but I'd bet that most of what was cut was companion returns. Now they're scrambling to figure out how to get them back so late in the game and keep new stuff going. I'd like to know the reasoning behind cutting so much content out, too.

I wondered why sending a message to my LI wasn't the first thing my toon did as soon as I got to a mailbox. BW dropped the ball on that one, at least since they cut down the content of the Fallen Empire stuff. I kinda wish that they'd release some of that. I know it's not going to happen, but I'd bet that most of what was cut was companion returns. Now they're scrambling to figure out how to get them back so late in the game and keep new stuff going. I'd like to know the reasoning behind cutting so much content out, too.

Charles B - in one of his posts here - IIRC said that the original plan was to give all the companions (the romanced ones) their own return chapters. When the decision was made to cut the story down, that went out the window. Now they really are scrambling to figure out how to bring them back.

IIRC they were responding to complaints that the story was going "too slow," and there were also complaints from people who didn't like the companion return chapters, and raiders who were not happy. So they sliced and diced KOTET, and IMHO, that was a mistake. They should have stayed the course and continued with the three seasons instead of cutting and doing damage control.

I dunno why this hasn't been an option either. I posted a suggestion to this effect last November, but to no avail. TL;DR is that, just like the missing LIs sent us mail without knowing if we'd ever see it, we should've been able to send them mail without knowing if they'd ever see it. Classic conversation system would've been perfect for writing the mail. But the suggestion was probably never seen, never mind making the wall of crazy. :(

A part of me is actually hoping that the writers mess with us a bit when companions return.

Felix could have gotten re-married and had a bunch of babies making a reunion really, really awkward?

No. Just no. Poor Consular has already waited the longest to get the fewest companions back (and the single return so far, Qyzen's alliance alert, even involved zero new voiceacting as it just recycled his alien language lines). Don't make the Consular suffer more! :(

Gosh, just thinking of what my main would go through if that happened... She's been desperately lonely, pining for Felix, sacrificing so much of herself for the sake of the many, missing that one person who was just for her. The person who would share the burden, who would put himself in harm's way to protect her whenever he could, just so it didn't always have to be her taking the pain for others. The two of them are a perfect fit. I don't think he'd move on without knowing she was dead. And even then it would take a while. After all, it's been more than a year now - I think? - since the main character emerged from carbonite, and I know my consular's still in love with him. Would still feel that way even years from now, as long as there was a chance he was still out there. She's literally never even taken a flirt option with any other character.

Really, in a game like SWTOR, Bioware shouldn't write LIs in such a way that we must lose them, with no set of choices allowing a loving reunion. In a series like Dragon Age, that's fine. The tone is more bittersweet. We know what we're getting into when we play that series. (And even there, separation is usually avoidable with the right choices.) In SWTOR, where the characters you play exist in the same universe as part of a legacy (rather than just sorta being alternate main characters like in Dragon Age), it would just feel so unfair. "Your trooper can keep her LI, your warrior can keep hers... Oh no, sorry, guess your consular's just unlucky, whoops!" I mean, really, come on... Plus I dislike the idea of Bioware pulling another "Jacob" (from Mass Effect, he cheated on the PC and had a kid with another woman), especially if they're again doing it with a black male LI. I mean, it'd be different in the sense that Jacob really had no excuse (it's not like Shepard seemed to be dead and was gone for years), but it's still not a good writing choice.

I will honestly wait as long as it takes to get a good reunion between my consular and Felix. I don't mind if development takes ages. Just don't make it bad after us having waited so long. Actually reward us.

And that's honestly what makes sense, because at this stage of the story most people in the galaxy who aren't cut off from current affairs will know who the Alliance Commander is. And most people in the galaxy who know who the Commander is would be able to initiate contact in some way or another, unless something was preventing them (such as being stuck in the middle of nowhere, not having freedom of movement, etc). Logically, whoever hasn't come back yet will need to have been in a very unusual situation, not just settled down in a normal life. But if we're getting into what's logical, why on earth can't my consular even ask Jace Malcom, the freaking head of the Republic military, if he knows anything about the last mission her husband was on? If's bad enough that we can't ask Aric Jorgan about him (as we know Jorgan and Iresso know each other), but not being able to ask Malcom is genuinely nuts.

After all these frustrations, the story that sorts all this out will need to be good. But it might not be. After the disappointing returns of Quinn and Dorne, that's my greatest fear, what we'll have waited all this time for nothing. Bioware still have the opportunity to make the other waits worth it, and I'm pretty much begging them to do that.

Edited by Estelindis

Of course it's just a game. But if someone can care enough about "traditional jedi robes" to spend years asking Bioware to put them in the game, I can care enough about the story to ask them to reward us story-wise for waiting for our characters' LIs. Different things in the game matter more or less to different people, and that's fine.

I dunno why this hasn't been an option either. I posted a suggestion to this effect last November, but to no avail. TL;DR is that, just like the missing LIs sent us mail without knowing if we'd ever see it, we should've been able to send them mail without knowing if they'd ever see it. Classic conversation system would've been perfect for writing the mail. But the suggestion was probably never seen, never mind making the wall of crazy. :(

No. Just no. Poor Consular has already waited the longest to get the fewest companions back (and the single return so far, Qyzen's alliance alert, even involved zero new voiceacting as it just recycled his alien language lines). Don't make the Consular suffer more! :(

Gosh, just thinking of what my main would go through if that happened... She's been desperately lonely, pining for Felix, sacrificing so much of herself for the sake of the many, missing that one person who was just for her. The person who would share the burden, who would put himself in harm's way to protect her whenever he could, just so it didn't always have to be her taking the pain for others. The two of them are a perfect fit. I don't think he'd move on without knowing she was dead. And even then it would take a while. After all, it's been more than a year now - I think? - since the main character emerged from carbonite, and I know my consular's still in love with him. Would still feel that way even years from now, as long as there was a chance he was still out there. She's literally never even taken a flirt option with any other character.

Really, in a game like SWTOR, Bioware shouldn't write LIs in such a way that we must lose them, with no set of choices allowing a loving reunion. In a series like Dragon Age, that's fine. The tone is more bittersweet. We know what we're getting into when we play that series. (And even there, separation is usually avoidable with the right choices.) In SWTOR, where the characters you play exist in the same universe as part of a legacy (rather than just sorta being alternate main characters like in Dragon Age), it would just feel so unfair. "Your trooper can keep her LI, your warrior can keep hers... Oh no, sorry, guess your consular's just unlucky, whoops!" I mean, really, come on... Plus I dislike the idea of Bioware pulling another "Jacob" (from Mass Effect, he cheated on the PC and had a kid with another woman), especially if they're again doing it with a black male LI. I mean, it'd be different in the sense that Jacob really had no excuse (it's not like Shepard seemed to be dead and was gone for years), but it's still not a good writing choice.

I will honestly wait as long as it takes to get a good reunion between my consular and Felix. I don't mind if development takes ages. Just don't make it bad after us having waited so long. Actually reward us.

And that's honestly what makes sense, because at this stage of the story most people in the galaxy who aren't cut off from current affairs will know who the Alliance Commander is. And most people in the galaxy who know who the Commander is would be able to initiate contact in some way or another, unless something was preventing them (such as being stuck in the middle of nowhere, not having freedom of movement, etc). Logically, whoever hasn't come back yet will need to have been in a very unusual situation, not just settled down in a normal life. But if we're getting into what's logical, why on earth can't my consular even ask Jace Malcom, the freaking head of the Republic military, if he knows anything about the last mission her husband was on? If's bad enough that we can't ask Aric Jorgan about him (as we know Jorgan and Iresso know each other), but not being able to ask Malcom is genuinely nuts.

After all these frustrations, the story that sorts all this out will need to be good. But it might not be. After the disappointing returns of Quinn and Dorne, that's my greatest fear, what we'll have waited all this time for nothing. Bioware still have the opportunity to make the other waits worth it, and I'm pretty much begging them to do that.

I couldn't agree more. I wouldn't have minded a longer KOTET chapter storyline. I was expecting that and more alliance alerts. Kind of bummed they bended to the whiners who said KOFTE was too long and chapter missions to get companions back weren't what certain people wanted. I guess people are just happy with clicking on that terminal instead of having them return via story.

I originally brought my Jedi Knight through and regret it because her Doc is MIA. I am glad my male JK is still with Kira as I haven't bother bringing him through KOFTE/KOTET. My SI and SW were the next. SW dealt with Quinn and SI is in love with another. Still I want the rest of the crew for my SI back. I miss Khem and Andronikas. My Jedi Shadow was next and didn't romance Ilresso but I still miss him. He was her friend. She is currently very sad since the guy she fell in love with betrayed her and would like her friend to comfort her.

After that I waited until chapters were released. When I saw Aric Jorgen was coming back and Kaliyo that's when I brought those characters through. The same with my female bounty hunter. but the rest of them are not going through these chapters until their crew is returned via story.

I couldn't agree more. I wouldn't have minded a longer KOTET chapter storyline. I was expecting that and more alliance alerts. Kind of bummed they bended to the whiners who said KOFTE was too long and chapter missions to get companions back weren't what certain people wanted. I guess people are just happy with clicking on that terminal instead of having them return via story.

Yeah, from the current perspective where we get a small story installment every four months or so, it's hard to understand people complaining about a repeatable story chapter every single month. I'd love to be getting that now. :(

The terminal thing I can understand if people want to headcanon something, or if they want to do some story/gameplay segregation. It's just not for me with my consular.

I originally brought my Jedi Knight through and regret it because her Doc is MIA. I am glad my male JK is still with Kira as I haven't bother bringing him through KOFTE/KOTET. My SI and SW were the next. SW dealt with Quinn and SI is in love with another. Still I want the rest of the crew for my SI back. I miss Khem and Andronikas. My Jedi Shadow was next and didn't romance Ilresso but I still miss him. He was her friend. She is currently very sad since the guy she fell in love with betrayed her and would like her friend to comfort her.

After that I waited until chapters were released. When I saw Aric Jorgen was coming back and Kaliyo that's when I brought those characters through. The same with my female bounty hunter. but the rest of them are not going through these chapters until their crew is returned via story.

Glad that your consular likes Iresso even if not romantically! Feel bad for you about Theron... I am willing to trust Bioware up to a certain point, but it's hard for me to understand why they'd take another LI away when they've admitted they have too much on their plates trying to bring the other ones back... It may end up being justified if they pull a great story payoff, but I feel like they need to win our trust again after the lacklustre Dorne and Quinn returns.

I took the same approach as you: the first character I brought through the Zakuul storyline is still waiting for her hubby, but after that I only started it with characters who LI returns have been completed. And the LI returns in chapters are genuinely good. Each chapter with a return in it plays much better with the characters whose LI it is. Makes me so sad for the chapters we missed due to complaints.

Edited by Estelindis

Haters ruin everything. And now, they're STILL not happy. Maybe that will be the surprise that BW hinted at for the roadmap. Maybe they're planning on re-releasing Fallen Empire and Eternal Throne with all of the missing content that they cut out to try and cater to whiners. That would actually be kind of cool. I'd be willing to wait on new story if they did something like that. I liked what they gave us, mostly, but it felt too rushed. And we're still missing a bunch of companions. If they did that, poof, companions back :D

Haters ruin everything. And now, they're STILL not happy. Maybe that will be the surprise that BW hinted at for the roadmap. Maybe they're planning on re-releasing Fallen Empire and Eternal Throne with all of the missing content that they cut out to try and cater to whiners. That would actually be kind of cool. I'd be willing to wait on new story if they did something like that. I liked what they gave us, mostly, but it felt too rushed. And we're still missing a bunch of companions. If they did that, poof, companions back :D

I agree- I really wish they'd release it all. They could release those missing chapters as "the lost KOTET files" and bring people's companions back that way, within the time frame of KOTET. They are never going to please everyone but slicing the story in favor of Ops bosses and taking *another* companion away don't seem to be wise choices.

I also wish they'd finally allow players to marry the KOTET companions. Admittedly that stupid betrayal arc has made that a bit difficult ATM, but still. My Sith Warrior has been with Lana for years now and she'd really like a wedding. And the same is true for PCs with Theron -

Edited by IoNonSoEVero

Haters ruin everything. And now, they're STILL not happy. Maybe that will be the surprise that BW hinted at for the roadmap. Maybe they're planning on re-releasing Fallen Empire and Eternal Throne with all of the missing content that they cut out to try and cater to whiners. That would actually be kind of cool. I'd be willing to wait on new story if they did something like that. I liked what they gave us, mostly, but it felt too rushed. And we're still missing a bunch of companions. If they did that, poof, companions back :D[/quote

I agree- I really wish they'd release it all. They could release those missing chapters as "the lost KOTET files" and bring people's companions back that way, within the time frame of KOTET. They are never going to please everyone but slicing the story in favor of Ops bosses and taking *another* companion away don't seem to be wise choices.

I also wish they'd finally allow players to marry the KOTET companions. Admittedly that stupid betrayal arc has made that a bit difficult ATM, but still. My Sith Warrior has been with Lana for years now and she'd really like a wedding. And the same is true for PCs with Theron -

I agree, this would be amazing. I would love to get what the haters cost us. But...over the years I've learned the hard way not to get excited about Bioware's 'surprises'. I hope I'm wrong, but it won't be anything cool...it'll be some stupid new ops boss, or they're going to give Arcann to those that want it. It'll be something lame like that.

I always thought that they'd let you get married to Theron or Lana/Koth when all vanilla companions return. It would make sense.(imo)

It would be kinda silly to give marriage now, and then Corso is back, well derp let's divorce!

Back in Vanilla you could only get married around the end of your class story, placing a wedding sometime mid kotfe is unsuitable and kotet is such a chaotic time nobody in their right mind would try and get married then.

That said, I'd love to marry my redeemed tyrant! can't wait for that roadmap.:rak_03: Hopefully you'll get to marry your Lana too soon. :)

Edited by Eshvara

I always thought that they'd let you get married to Theron or Lana/Koth when all vanilla companions return. It would make sense.(imo)

It would be kinda silly to give marriage now, and then Corso is back, well derp let's divorce!

Back in Vanilla you could only get married around the end of your class story, placing a wedding sometime mid kotfe is unsuitable and kotet is such a chaotic time nobody in their right mind would try and get married then.

That said, I'd love to marry my redeemed tyrant! can't wait for that roadmap.:rak_03: Hopefully you'll get to marry your Lana too soon. :)

Thank you - fingers crossed that both of us will get to marry the people we want. :)

That's all true - while I think that someone wouldn't take up with Theron/Lana/Koth if they were truly dedicated to a missing spouse, there really wasn't an appropriate time during KOTET and during KOTFE things were still being solidified.

I am really wondering, now if it was one of the things that was thrown by the wayside when the haters got a season cut out of KOTET, though. It would have made sense - the writers said they planned a chapter for each LI companion. If that had happened, by Season 3 everyone might have been back and there might have been an appropriate time to throw in a grand Odessen wedding. It could have been the epilogue to Season 2 or 3.