SWTOR Roadmap - The Autumn Update!

KeithKanneg

• Replies 261
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

let's be honest 2 minutes :

This year was just terrible. last year with KOTFE, we already were disappointed but at leats one chapter each month, a bonus chapter, monthly gifts for subs, a new warzone ...

and this year?

--> the content is laughable. and what subs have?? a stupid command system that 90% subs just want to see go away !!!!

and class balance...OMG ... 24 specs possible, 5-6 seen : a shame :confused:

I will not continue to pay this amount each month if content doesn't increase drastically and if subscribers continue to be ignored.

Edited by Thaladan

It is looking like Kotfe was an amazing year.

Now the story that was told in those 16 chapters and the companions that were returned through alerts weren't necessary amazingly implemented and much of the zones were static and boring. But that is the implementation, the actual concept and overall direction of 16 story chapters, repeatable content to recruit companions and scaling of ops along with subscriber rewards (a shame so many were ugly HK inspired things) was far more than we have seen since 5.0 dropped.

Now given the build up for the roadmap and everyone being hard at work etc etc there have to be some big things in 2017/18 just to be comparable to Kotfe.

It is looking like Kotfe was an amazing year.

Now the story that was told in those 16 chapters and the companions that were returned through alerts weren't necessary amazingly implemented and much of the zones were static and boring. But that is the implementation, the actual concept and overall direction of 16 story chapters, repeatable content to recruit companions and scaling of ops along with subscriber rewards (a shame so many were ugly HK inspired things) was far more than we have seen since 5.0 dropped.

Now given the build up for the roadmap and everyone being hard at work etc etc there have to be some big things in 2017/18 just to be comparable to Kotfe.

I actually like the chapter per month approach. It made me sub for most of the year. The chapters were uneven quality wise, but I enjoy most of them. I also like the eternal championship. It's refreshing to have something challenging to play solo. But sadly now everyone had forgotten about that.

Still, I try not to have too much hope for future contents because I don't want to be disappointed.

"Bad Feeling" was a really large marker placed. They indicated FPs would be the method of story delivery and they also made it sound like you could not possibly overshoot on estimates of the size of the roadmap. That makes me think 3-4 FPs and Machine Gods (over the life of the roadmap) or less and a separate expansion. I know that sets me up for disappointment, but the hint was really that it couldn't be overshot.

Part of the reason why I wanted to get that down is for the inevitable post mortem when they come up short of my expectations. "Bad Feeling" really did them no favors. It got me believing something that history tells me I shouldn't be believing. 1 item/month is about all that can be expected. 3-4 FPs over 3-4 months would be 1 FP/month + the ops bosses. And even they have been unable to keep to 1 boss/update or 1 boss/2 months. So I probably didn't process "Bad Feeling" correctly, but they shouldn't have thrown out the "we're going to impress you" vibe.

let's be honest 2 minutes :

This year was just terrible. last year with KOTFE, we already were disappointed but at leats one chapter each month, a bonus chapter, monthly gifts for subs, a new warzone ...

and this year?

--> the content is laughable. and what subs have?? a stupid command system that 90% subs just want to see go away !!!!

and class balance...OMG ... 24 specs possible, 5-6 seen : a shame :confused:

I will not continue to pay this amount each month if content doesn't increase drastically and if subscribers continue to be ignored.

Yeah I'd even say Ben Irving wasn't that bad although his communication wasn't perfect he did prove they was doing something instead of chatting away and giving false hopes/promises besides who can forget the DVL event where we got free packs i totally thought that was cool I got some neat armour sets like Sith recluse, mystics, reborn, revered seer, freedon nadds, xoxan sets and a ton of colour crystals most memorable white/black and white/white crystals.

Like it really got me back and more heavily invested especially for achievements.

I think we need to see a DVL 2.

my autumn update : 2nd week witthout playing at all while sub..first time ever.

sad statement, i have many other better things to do and games to play/try.

and if i'll reconnect it will be to create another alt (maybe the 40th) to play a 5+ years class story content. all is said to the quality of your new content...

my 3month sub will not be renewed if i just don't want to play..your game sucks really....:(

Edited by Thaladan

Waiting with bated breath! I hope to see three little words, "Vector is returning." That would appease me despite the Theron debacle. I've never romanced him, but he's my pal.

Also, I'd love to see the hook situation addressed. The newer strongholds are very limiting. Better yet, say goodbye to the hook system entirely and let the decorators off their leashes. Think of the diversity we'd see in stronghold decorating if players could place decorations wherever they wanted to. Okay, okay, I know that's a pipe dream but I'm gonna dream it!

Hi all,

When you see it on Monday, it'll all make sense and I honestly can't wait to hear your feedback about what we have planned.

Have a great weekend.

---Keith

Surely - given SWTOR's unabated ability for fall short on delivering what was promised - it would be better to hear our feedback on what you have actually DELIVERED.

Just a thought.

I am not going to praise you one iota for "plans and promises" - empty words and token gestures mean nothing.

Delivery and results are all that matter.

All The Best

Surely - given SWTOR's unabated ability for fall short on delivering what was promised - it would be better to hear our feedback on what you have actually DELIVERED.

Just a thought.

I am not going to praise you one iota for "plans and promises" - empty words and token gestures mean nothing.

Delivery and results are all that matter.

All The Best

Are you still going to criticise "plans and promises" that you don't agree with, before THEY are delivered? :p

Edited by CrazyCT