The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Thanks for Theron Shan. <3 <3 <3 This is a love thread, haters make your own lol.

DarthEnrique

I finally did Nathema --- on my BH and Smuggler --- still waiting on the Agent and JK to see how companions come back -- or not .....

kept Theron as my main guy -- ( poor Corso !) ....

but want to wait for the other two and see the spoilers ... I want to make sure I make the most kind decision to all involved ... to drop for Theron or not ... so I have a long wait LOL --- and no, I am not going to romance Scourge if it is offered ... he is not my type, never liked Sith Purebloods for romancing -- yes, I am strange

but enjoyed Nathema a great deal ... it was fun ( and staying with the Republic --- hope we can keep our choices -- are you listening BW ? )

You aren't strange. Those dangley bits on their faces give me the willies. Gonna have to find a nice sexy mask for him to never remove :D

I am curious about something. The Gemini droid is shown in the cut scene scanning with her red glowing eyes and figuring out what Theron is up to. It would explain why he couldn't just tell us even if we were in a location away from Odesson. She was somehow able to still listen or see what he was doing. I am guessing it is his implants. I haven't read Theron's novels yet so not sure how he got the implants to begin with, but if they aren't a life preserving requirement, maybe he should just find a way to remove or deactivate them. I would like to know more about these droids and how this one in particular could know everything making it impossible for Theron to communicate to us.

I am curious about something. The Gemini droid is shown in the cut scene scanning with her red glowing eyes and figuring out what Theron is up to. It would explain why he couldn't just tell us even if we were in a location away from Odesson. She was somehow able to still listen or see what he was doing. I am guessing it is his implants. I haven't read Theron's novels yet so not sure how he got the implants to begin with, but if they aren't a life preserving requirement, maybe he should just find a way to remove or deactivate them. I would like to know more about these droids and how this one in particular could know everything making it impossible for Theron to communicate to us.

I don't really remember the specifics of his cranial implants, but i think they're somehow linked to his brain and eyes, so i don't know if he can remove them.

And if GEM is able to connect to them, maybe deactivating them is not enought if she can reactivate them from afar.

And when you talk to him on Nathema, you're outside and there does not seem to be anything else than his implants to watch through, yet GEM knows exactly what he's up to.

So i'd really go with that, which means that he really had no mean to tell you.

Edited by Goreshaga

I am going with the implants. Because she seemed to know theron betrayed them as soon as lana and pc saw theron. Or there was fancy tech that she could look through that we didn't see.

I don't really remember the specifics of his cranial implants, but i think they're somehow linked to his brain and eyes, so i don't know if he can remove them.

And if GEM is able to connect to them, maybe deactivating them is not enought if she can reactivate them from afar.

And when you talk to him on Nathema, you're outside and there does not seem to be anything else than his implants to watch through, yet GEM knows exactly what he's up to.

So i'd really go with that, which means that he really had no mean to tell you.

If that was the case, though, how would Theron have been able to do what he did to help us? Such as recording the conversation during the Copero FP...and setting all that stuff up on the abandoned listening post, including the encrypted coordinates that only he and Lana can crack? Not to mention in one of the cutscenes, he was like "...it's on you now, Commander..." and the droid was right there.

It's all so handwavy.

They never really go into details regarding Theron's implants, but I know in the novel, he can answer calls with his teeth, lol. I don't believe it's ever explicitly shown that he has anything in the way of visual enhancements, to the extent of cameras (or similar) that could be used to actually watch what he is doing like a video (a'la Geordi La Forge in that one episode of TNG). I would think the droid could very well have been listening...but watching? That feels like a stretch.

In regards to the droid knowing Theron had betrayed (or un-betrayed?) on Nathema...it could have been via satellite. I dunno...just throwing that one out there.

Edited by Dracofish

Those dangley bits on their faces give me the willies.

I'm dead. I hate my brain. Bad sentence, brilliant.

All I know is that droid is a perv. I know what Theron was doing hours before Umbara. :p

Exactly! I don't even want to consider all she may have seen while spying on him or us...

If that was the case, though, how would Theron have been able to do what he did to help us? Such as recording the conversation during the Copero FP...and setting all that stuff up on the abandoned listening post, including the encrypted coordinates that only he and Lana can crack? Not to mention in one of the cutscenes, he was like "...it's on you now, Commander..." and the droid was right there.

It's all so handwavy.

They never really go into details regarding Theron's implants, but I know in the novel, he can answer calls with his teeth, lol. I don't believe it's ever explicitly shown that he has anything in the way of visual enhancements, to the extent of cameras (or similar) that could be used to actually watch what he is doing like a video (a'la Geordi La Forge in that one episode of TNG). I would think the droid could very well have been listening...but watching? That feels like a stretch.

In regards to the droid knowing Theron had betrayed (or un-betrayed?) on Nathema...it could have been via satellite. I dunno...just throwing that one out there.

The thing is Theron himself said that he doesn't know how GEM was monitoring everything, so for him to at least just think that it might be through his implants is not too far fetched, even if that's not actually the case.

You're a good spy and you know that someone knows your every moves, but don't know how, you can't really take a chance at leaving a note saying "sorry Commander, spy stuff" if you have the slightest doubt that the one watching might get that info.

Headcanon here, but I know that for exemple my JK was never telling everything she wanted to and was always very careful of what she was saying while Valko was in her head because she never knew when and what he could hear, because she was always warry of him and knew perfectly well that he was just buying his time.

So Theron's explainations make sense to her, because she's been there before.

The thing is Theron himself said that he doesn't know how GEM was monitoring everything, so for him to at least just think that it might be through his implants is not too far fetched, even if that's not actually the case.

You're a good spy and you know that someone knows your every moves, but don't know how, you can't really take a chance at leaving a note saying "sorry Commander, spy stuff" if you have the slightest doubt that the one watching might get that info.

Headcanon here, but I know that for exemple my JK was never telling everything she wanted to and was always very careful of what she was saying while Valko was in her head because she never knew when and what he could hear, because she was always warry of him and knew perfectly well that he was just buying his time.

So Theron's explainations make sense to her, because she's been there before.

My SI had to laugh when Valky jumped onboard because he was likely not expecting to find someone else already in there (that was one awkward conversation with Theron in the beginning, lol). She let the force ghosts go, but Horak Mul was like NOOOO so he stayed on as a resident. They don't have conversations in her head or anything, he's kind of faded into the background, but every once in a while she feels something that she knows isn't quite her, such as recognizing a place she'd never been before, etc.

I like to HC that Horak Mul was the one who gave her the strength to overcome Valky. In the realm of things, the SI really would be the perfect meat suit for him, but it also made her harder for him to try and control.

I hope that Charles may give us the official play by play, but for now I'm sticking with my personal interpretation and will be writing it accordingly when I get there in my fic. I think Theron could have found a way to tell them, or at least somehow get them a message that would be interpreted as "hey, it's me...I'm still in this with you".

Edited by Dracofish

Exactly! I don't even want to consider all she may have seen while spying on him or us...

I know all the things she saw. I know what Jenny and Theron were doing. And that droid should have been paying a subscription fee. I mean Theron is about to leave for who knows how long. He isn't going to tell Jenny no dear. I have a headache.

My SI had to laugh when Valky jumped onboard because he was likely not expecting to find someone else already in there (that was one awkward conversation with Theron in the beginning, lol). She let the force ghosts go, but Horak Mul was like NOOOO so he stayed on as a resident. They don't have conversations in her head or anything, he's kind of faded into the background, but every once in a while she feels something that she knows isn't quite her, such as recognizing a place she'd never been before, etc.

I like to HC that Horak Mul was the one who gave her the strength to overcome Valky. In the realm of things, the SI really would be the perfect meat suit for him, but it also made her harder for him to try and control.

I hope that Charles may give us the official play by play, but for now I'm sticking with my personal interpretation and will be writing it accordingly when I get there in my fic. I think Theron could have found a way to tell them, or at least somehow get them a message that would be interpreted as "hey, it's me...I'm still in this with you".

That's a bit sad they did nothing with the Force Ghosts being there, except for a slight mention about them in 1 convesation with Lana at the end of KOTET.

My Nox kept them all, I don't think they were all that happy, well except for Horak Mul, so in a story where the Commander is a DS SI, Valko shoul've tried to use the other ghosts against said SI.

Nice HC about Horak Mul helping ^^

Mine is that when she was under Vitiate's influence, she actually never gave up fighting him, and somehow managed to strenghthen her own mind, to the point of comming up with some defenses against him.

Valko himself says to the JK that they may have succumbed to his influence but he was never able to fully control them.

My HC goes that he actually give some more hints that what we have IG.

Like saying stuffs that she herself said while Valko was inside, and she had a personnal gesture that she was doing everytime she felt she had to drive him back because of Valko being inside her head, and that she was not really aware of doing, but he caught that and did it while leaving Copero, because that was sublte and something that he guessed only she could understand. She was really mad at first but then realised that this was something that actually came from her first and realized he was probably onto something he could not tell her.

Well and if the monitoring of the Alliance is something that started after Valko was gone for good, there's no chance that anyone beside Theron and her would know about all of this in particular considering she has not done that since then.

That's a bit sad they did nothing with the Force Ghosts being there, except for a slight mention about them in 1 convesation with Lana at the end of KOTET.

I never got that - is that only if you romance her?

You aren't strange. Those dangley bits on their faces give me the willies. Gonna have to find a nice sexy mask for him to never remove :D

Lol! Yeah I don't like the dangly parts either, spikes only for me :D

Hey I just wanted to say salutations to posters and lurkers from French & German players! The entire time, I was under the assumption that people who frequent this post are Americans! But glad to see our neighbors from Europe sharing the love for the super spy ^v^

Also, going along with GEMINI 16 hacking Theron's implants to use him as a mole of sorts, do you think Theron shaved his hair off to fiddle with his implants because he suspected that he was being hacked the whole time? I don't know the time difference between Umbara and Copero, but I'm assuming it's a bit of a chunk enough for Theron to get to a conclusion or hypothesis. I'm trying to spin a good in-game reason for the hairdo that people were up in arms about in Jan/Feb. Of all the explanations to explain how GEMINI 16 can be the mole, I'm buying into the idea that GEMINI hacked Theron's implants.

They never explain it. My thought is that he was trying to show Vinn that he was no longer the loyal son of the Republic, or the loyal founder of the Alliance. Just like a kid going through a rebellious phase may dye their hair a crazy color to show they are their own person. He shaved his head to distance himself from that persona.

I hated his hair in October when they released the trailer for Copero. But after Nathema, it is strangely growing on me.

Edited by rachetsw

They never explain it. My thought is that he was trying to show Vinn that he was no longer the loyal son of the Republic, or the loyal founder of the Alliance. Just like a kid going through a rebellious face may dye their hair a crazy color to show they are their own person. He shaved his head to distance himself from that persona.

I hated his hair in October when they released the trailer for Copero. But after Nathema, it is strangely growing on me.

I also hated his hair back when I first saw it and thought it just didn't suit. Now for some strange reason I like it. Maybe I got use to it.

I also hated his hair back when I first saw it and thought it just didn't suit. Now for some strange reason I like it. Maybe I got use to it.

I don't mind the hair so much. I know what they were trying to do (shaved sides), but they were lazy with it and just chopped off part of the model. I would have loved it if they did it right.

One thing I wish they did keep about his updated model is the scarring around his implants. I have to wonder if they were supposed to have been there all along, because they look old...and they match the burns from when he fried them on Rishi.

I never got that - is that only if you romance her?

Hm, no because I got that line with my LS SI who was romancing Koth at that time.

I think it just after Valkorion interupts and talks about that Holocron you found on Nathema. Lana then sense his presence and asks you how you can handle that, and iirc there's one of the answers where you can tell her that you're used to it because you had more than one ghost in there or something along those lines.

Same here, dunno why either, maybe that's because he was so freaking adorable in all his cutscenes with my JK :D

Though I still like his old hairdo better.

One thing I wish they did keep about his updated model is the scarring around his implants.

Me too, i think it suits him quite well

Edited by Goreshaga