The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Thanks for Theron Shan. <3 <3 <3 This is a love thread, haters make your own lol.

DarthEnrique

I already wrote Jenny and Theron's wedding a month ago because I was going to give them a happy ending no matter what they decided to do with his story. I still have tons of chapters to write that come before it, but I think that it will be a very good ending to Aftermath.

[...]Also, if Theron gets a wedding watch the forum explode with "where's my wedding"? malarky :D

but there is a different to all other npc's there can be married (Aric,Vector,Corso, Risha etc etc) Theron was marked as a traitor and all people are hunting him, now the fleet is destroyed, gravestone destroyed and Theron is back ... I think that many people on Odessen don't trust him. If the Commander and Theron get a wedding Party, the Commander can give a statement ..... he's back, he doesn't betrayed me, i trust him, all is fine and ok (and if you touch him, i gonna kill you :p;) ....)

Edited by Keylie

Yeah, as much as I'd like to have a wedding, I'll headcanon it. I don't think any of the other LIs got a proper one and it's not worth the drama of "But my Quinn/Aric/Elara/Vette/Torian!!" etc. Besides, not to sound like an arrogant tosspot but the game couldn't match my headcanon anyhows so, this is fine.

Doc and the female Knight can get married during the class story. He smuggles a ceremony droid onto the PC's ship so it can perform the wedding right after Doc gets you to say yes to his proposal. It's a pretty funny and cute scene.

Of course, Doc STILL isn't back yet because apparently the creators have something against Knights and Consulars getting their companions back... Knights are still missing both love interests, and Consulars only just now got Iresso back.

Back on topic... I think a lot of you are being overly optimistic about Theron's future in this game. It pains me to say it, because I've always been a huge Theron fan. However, a yellow post claiming he'll continue to be part of the game doesn't make it true. People who make yellow posts have also told us (just to pull out a few examples) that RNG is exciting, that we'd never go two years without new raids again, and that there was no possible way the server name "Hot Prospect" could be changed. They tell us things that turn out to be either mistakes, dropped/changed plans, or outright lies all the time.

Maybe Charles means it, but I'm not going to take what he says as gospel. Not after we've been jerked around so many times in the past. I HOPE it's true, because I love Theron and I want him to stick around our PCs until the servers shut down, but I'm preparing myself for him becoming as completely absent from the game as all other killable companions.

Edited by AscendingSky

Doc and the female Knight can get married during the class story. He smuggles a ceremony droid onto the PC's ship so it can perform the wedding right after Doc gets you to say yes to his proposal. It's a pretty funny and cute scene.

Of course, Doc STILL isn't back yet because apparently the creators have something against Knights and Consulars getting their companions back... Knights are still missing both love interests, and Consulars only just now got Iresso back.

Whoops. I forgot about that and my original JK actually did marry Doc. Before ditching him in his absence for Theron... eek.

OH, Mandalorians have a privat ceremony ..sometime some friends or clan members are there ..but normaly Mandalorians married with the lines "Mhi solus tome, mhi solus dar'tome...."and alone, if they told that an other mando they will be married ...it is there own ceremony

and all NPC's have a wedding ceremony .. Vector give the stone, so they marrried (there is no other possibility because he told the agent why that cant be officially)., Smuggler's are captains and make it by her own and speak some words .... mako hackts a coruscant archiv an set a document there, that she and (someone told that a long time ago).. are married ... etc etc ...... but there is nothing with Theron (maybe nothing with Lana too?) ..there is only the question and the yes from his love..not more

...and his profil has not changed that he is back or/and married

Edited by Keylie

Yeah :3 Theron's proposal was adorable ^////^ It was awkward yet adorable.

Aside, any LS SW get a DS Jaesa message threatening Theron ("new plaything" were the words used)? I'm like whaaaa? I thought LS SW ended with LS Jaesa or at least Grey Jedi like way? The letter was short about shame if bad things were to happen to your new plaything. I had to take a step back at "keep him away from me". Is this a bug or is DS Jaesa the canon now or what? I am curious as to the dev's plan with Jaesa after that letter.

Yeah :3 Theron's proposal was adorable ^////^ It was awkward yet adorable.

Aside, any LS SW get a DS Jaesa message threatening Theron ("new plaything" were the words used)? I'm like whaaaa? I thought LS SW ended with LS Jaesa or at least Grey Jedi like way? The letter was short about shame if bad things were to happen to your new plaything. I had to take a step back at "keep him away from me". Is this a bug or is DS Jaesa the canon now or what? I am curious as to the dev's plan with Jaesa after that letter.

somebody said that the letter will be a bug, and normaly you get him, if you romanced Arcann .. but i don't know ...i play only scoundrel (romance with Theron) an BH (Torian) ... so ... but i get the letter too, after the sweet question from Theron

(think that Theron thinking that you can say no ... so that's why he's so embarrassed and unsure xD ..but sweet ..just marry me, please xD (i played in german ...there he said..(Heiratet mich einfach.Bitte)

Edited by Keylie

somebody said that the letter will be a bug, and normaly you get him, if you romanced Arcann .. but i don't know ...i play only scoundrel (romance with Theron) an BH (Torian) ... so ... but i get the letter too, after the sweet question from Theron

(think that Theron thinking that you can say no ... so that's why he's so embarrassed and unsure xD ..but sweet ..just marry me, please xD (i played in german ...there he said..(Heiratet mich einfach.Bitte)

If it is a bug then phew. If not then .... Jaesa what happened while your Master was gone, lol?

My initial reaction was "what kind of marriage proposal is that?" XD I cracked up so much, but after seeing the Gravestone and Fleet destroyed, and not to mention Theron getting a lightsaber in the gut, the awkward fluff was really sweet.

On a more angsty note, here's a vid where Theron is left to die for those who are curious:

. I planned on making that choice with my DS SI, but after seeing this, I will not. I just can't. My heart can't take it even for my DS main. Nope. Nope. Nope. Noooooooooooope.

What happens if instead of choosing the option "Theran was that a proposal?" you pick the other one. I assume no proposal and just a boyfriend relationship?? Anyone yet go with that option? I am curious as I haven't done it yet myself.

Shans protect now for 10 generations as Jedi (not Vaner -son from Revan and Bastila- or Theron --> Politician and Spy <---) the republik ... i think Satele will be not amused with a wedding, because she is a Jedi ..no jedi is more jedi than Satele ... (my scoundrel dont like her, because she hates what Satele have done to little Theron as he was a baby ...Theron sah his 'Mom' the first time, where he was 25 ... )

My SI whose just married Theron absolutely despises Satele with every fiber of his being, as far as my SI is concerned Satele isn't even invited to the wedding and if Theron really, really wants her there I suppose she can sit at the very back. ;)

What happens if instead of choosing the option "Theran was that a proposal?" you pick the other one. I assume no proposal and just a boyfriend relationship?? Anyone yet go with that option? I am curious as I haven't done it yet myself.

Probably. I actually tried that (then pressed esc for the mawidge proposal), and your PC essentially says along the lines of "I expect flowers, gifts, love letters, and for you to say I love you a lot to me every day." I still found that option endearing and a bit funny because it's almost like Theron got whipped. If there's any disagreement or a big fight, all PC has say is "...trains" and Theron will be like "I'm sorry. I'm wrong. Please forgive me."

Edit; actual words of that option under spoiler:

PC :"I expect the works, Theron. Gifts, poetry, broadcasts to the galaxy declaring your love..."

Theron: "For you, all that and more,"

And kiss.

Still cute ^///^

Edited by Ioue
adding more content

Probably. I actually tried that (then pressed esc for the mawidge proposal), and your PC essentially says along the lines of "I expect flowers, gifts, love letters, and for you to say I love you a lot to me every day." I still found that option endearing and a bit funny because it's almost like Theron got whipped. If there's any disagreement or a big fight, all PC has say is "...trains" and Theron will be like "I'm sorry. I'm wrong. Please forgive me."

Oh I kinda like that one. Maybe it will work for one of my characters that isn't quite ready to settle down yet. :D

The other option does not lead to a proposal but it is totally adorable still. He says he will spend the rest of his life showing you how much he loves you and then you jokingly tell him you want the works, gifts, poetry, broadcasts to the galaxy. Edited by rachetsw

If it is a bug then phew. If not then .... Jaesa what happened while your Master was gone, lol?

My initial reaction was "what kind of marriage proposal is that?" XD I cracked up so much, but after seeing the Gravestone and Fleet destroyed, and not to mention Theron getting a lightsaber in the gut, the awkward fluff was really sweet.

On a more angsty note, here's a vid where Theron is left to die for those who are curious:

. I planned on making that choice with my DS SI, but after seeing this, I will not. I just can't. My heart can't take it even for my DS main. Nope. Nope. Nope. Noooooooooooope.

i can't watch this, never never ..i know that i will cry if i see that :(

Question: what's the official time Theron has gone undercover? IIRC, it's been almost 8-9 months since Umbara update, right? Then has it been 8-9 months since Theron went away from his Alliance post or is this more of a headcanon thing?

Question: what's the official time Theron has gone undercover? IIRC, it's been almost 8-9 months since Umbara update, right? Then has it been 8-9 months since Theron went away from his Alliance post or is this more of a headcanon thing?

Mild Nathema spoilers:

I've been wondering this too but they mention Vinn Atrius was reported missing 6 months ago. So presumably that was around the start of the Order doing most of their Zildrog work. So I'd think it'd be less than or close to 6 months but I'm not sure there has been any other real indication of time.

I love that scene, just BECAUSE it's so heart-rending. You know a story is pretty good when it gives you the feels like that. It wasn't nearly as bad as Quinns death scene though imo. I mean, Theron still has plenty of chance to be alive. Quinns had no ambiguity :(

I play my SI as someone I'd love to see get destroyed and humbled by my JK :p xD Pure darkness. Helps to have dark as heeeeeeck choices like that to be able to RP the character.

I love that scene, just BECAUSE it's so heart-rending. You know a story is pretty good when it gives you the feels like that.

Agree. I also like to say in that scene Theron's VA's is amazing, I think he did a great job throughout the entire FP but during that scene he did it so well,

calling out for the Commander as we walk away...yep my heart just broke again thinking about it.

I am keeping it at eight months, because Jenny finds out she is pregnant shortly after Umbara, and delivers their baby a couple weeks before Nathema. She doesn't go to Copero, since you don't get any cut scenes with him, my agent goes in her place.

And Troy Baker is amazing. <3

Edited by rachetsw

Yeah less then 6 months I'd say, since that's when Vinn disappeared, and it takes Theron months just to find the Order (if his underworld contacts were from KotFE 8 months passed before he even managed to get into the Order), I'd say he's been gone for a minimum 2 or 3 months though. Long enough for it to have an impact, short enough to be able to patch things up. in-game time has never matched RL time.

Maybe Charles will give us a rough estimate.. *drinks coffee*

Edited by Asmodesu

I am keeping it at eight months, because Jenny finds out she is pregnant shortly after Umbara,

I did similar with Saf except being a force user she'd conceived the day before and knew it the moment it happened. Just for a double blow on the traitor thing.. But she's not showing the pregnancy yet when he came back, so they have time to sort themselves out before a kid turns up.

I played with the idea, and had decided I wasn't going to go down that route, but I was looking up names, trying to figure out a middle name for a different character. And while looking up names I found one that had a really profound meaning to me, which made me go ahead and run with the idea that she was pregnant when he left. Being force blind she doesn't realize it right away, and she thinks it is lack of sleep and too much caf that is making her feel awful.