Thanks for Theron Shan. <3 <3 <3 This is a love thread, haters make your own lol.

DarthEnrique

He is fit! too bad we never really got to see his fighting in the game. Idunno why they never gave us his outfit from the book/comics. I NEED IT

https://d2lzb5v10mb0lj.cloudfront.net/covers/600/17/17779.jpg

https://comicvine1.cbsistatic.com/uploads/scale_medium/11/119711/2608664-438px_agent_theron_shan.jpg

I saw this happened to illevagaming, hasen't happened to me though

I like those outfit 😂 I am new to all this swtor world, so could I ask you what comics/books do I have to read to know the story of Satele, Jace and Theron?

and what bug are you talking about? o.ò

He is fit! too bad we never really got to see his fighting in the game. Idunno why they never gave us his outfit from the book/comics. I NEED IT

https://d2lzb5v10mb0lj.cloudfront.net/covers/600/17/17779.jpg

https://comicvine1.cbsistatic.com/uploads/scale_medium/11/119711/2608664-438px_agent_theron_shan.jpg

I like that look, were the comics/books written first, or the char in game. How come they look so different? Also are the comic/books cannon?

I like those outfit 😂 I am new to all this swtor world, so could I ask you what comics/books do I have to read to know the story of Satele, Jace and Theron?

and what bug are you talking about? o.ò

The comic series Theron is in is called The Lost Suns. The book is Star Wars: The Old Republic - Annihilation

I like that look, were the comics/books written first, or the char in game. How come they look so different? Also are the comic/books cannon?

His look changes from the comic, to the book to the game. In the comic it looked like he had black hair at times and then more brown compared to the brownish hair he has in-game. And the comic looked drastically different to all other versions. They kept his hazel eyes from the comic though.

http://img3.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20111113073345/starwars/images/3/33/Theronspying.png

https://comicvine1.cbsistatic.com/uploads/original/11122/111221607/6252180-mekhis%20death.png

https://comicvine1.cbsistatic.com/uploads/original/11122/111221607/6252157-theron%20endurance.png

https://fandomania.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/07/25/Lost-Suns-Screenshot-1.jpg

https://comicvine1.cbsistatic.com/uploads/original/11122/111221607/4433591-theron%20blasters%201.png

Kid version

http://www.otakia.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/03/star_wars_the_old_republic_soleil_perdus_theron_shan_sans_force.jpg

Game version is based on a combination of the one from the book and the concept art.

https://cdnb.artstation.com/p/assets/images/images/005/361/213/large/chris-anderson-023-theron-shan.jpg?1490490925

They look different because in the game, due to Jace being seemingly mixed heritage they made Theron look more mixed heritage in-game and concept art to be accurate. And yes, they're canon to his character origin. It's what his "Master zho would be proud" line and a few others reference to, the comics and book.

Edited by vallixas

He went from caucasian in the book cover to "I don't know how to draw asain features" comic to "actually some proper asain traits that are not hollywood stereotypes" game design it's like pokemon evolution lol

PS: how do I know my pm is sent?

so strange seeing him like that in the comics. so used to see him in the game, it is so weird 😂

I agree! It's super cool to see the progression, but it's still strange since I'm so used to the in-game graphics of him, as well. :)

I agree! It's super cool to see the progression, but it's still strange since I'm so used to the in-game graphics of him, as well. :)

It's like watching a show which had a different actor in the pilot , but you don't see the original pilot until after you've watched the show for years.

The A-Team pops in to mind, with face, the pilot had one guy (Tim Dunigan) before Dirk took over.

FAce to me will always be Dirk Benedict.

It's like watching a show which had a different actor in the pilot , but you don't see the original pilot until after you've watched the show for years.

The A-Team pops in to mind, with face, the pilot had one guy (Tim Dunigan) before Dirk took over.

FAce to me will always be Dirk Benedict.

This is quite true! I don't think I will ever get used to the changes of him though haha. Ugh thinking about this again, also, reminds me that I actually need to read the comics.... sigh. :o

He went from caucasian in the book cover to "I don't know how to draw asain features" comic to "actually some proper asain traits that are not hollywood stereotypes" game design it's like pokemon evolution lol

PS: how do I know my pm is sent?

I'd say in some of the comics he looked more like a "Brandon Lee" type, whom in certain shots/angles was very "white passing", and the concept art carried a similar energy.

and so today nothing was told 🙄

What did you want to know? lol

Edited by vallixas

if previous companions like Theron or Aric or Torian etc would come up again 😂

Torian was just in content recently. But i'd say don't expect him or Aric to come up THAT frequently. Not like Theron, on account Theron is like the commander's right and or left hand and is usually always with him/her during important matters. And on account if Theron stops showing up frequently the women and the gay men players of this game riot. :D

Edited by vallixas

Torian was just in content recently. But i'd say don't expect him or Aric to come up THAT frequently. Not like Theron, on account Theron is like the commander's right and or left hand and is usually always with him/her during important matters. And on account if Theron stops showing up frequently the women and the gay men players of this game riot. :D

let's see how it goes 😂😅

I'd say in some of the comics he looked more like a "Brandon Lee" type, whom in certain shots/angles was very "white passing", and the concept art carried a similar energy.

What did you want to know? lol

I can actually see the (possible?) inspiration now that you mentioned it lol

But I like his eyes in the game more. They are just gorgeous.

Torian and the latest content

For the characters that let Torian be killed by Vaylin, was there a difference in the recent content; was it a different NPC or companion?

If you let Torian killed, that bonus scene simply won't be there.

I can actually see the (possible?) inspiration now that you mentioned it lol

But I like his eyes in the game more. They are just gorgeous.

Concept art made his eyes look more silver/blue like Sateles, but then in-game they seemingly went back to the hazel/green like the comics. I like them. I think he may have the most unique eyes in the game, they're so pretty. Custom made and stand out from the other npcs.

https://i.imgur.com/I29KewG.jpg

And yeah some of the comics remind me a lot of Brandon lee, even the hair.

let's see how it goes 😂😅

Lucky for us, Theron sits in a more comfortable spot than the other males inpart due to being the most popular male Li, the longest lasting closest ally of the PC besides Lana across multiple expansions. Been there since the beginning of the alliance, helped us build it alongside Lana. Again, if Lana is one hand, he's our other. If Lana is our Liara, he's our Garrus, and because of that he will always not be far behind the PC. The other males would require much more work to justify constantly being around the commander.

Edited by vallixas

Programming isn't much of an issue. Characters are Class Objects. It's relatively easy to program a Case clause such that the character who interacts with your Toon depends on a priority of factors. For example, your love interest could have the highest priority depending on the scene. If no love interest then choose from Lana, Theron, Class Companion based on influence perhaps. The problem is dialogue because they'd have to pay all the voice actors, and that's where budget might be a factor. To save money it would probably be enough for players if it's a no dialogue scene of your love interest. Before you go on your mission he/she appears and grabs your toon to kiss. If you have no love interest then some form of encouragement - a salute from Aric if playing Trooper. T7 whistles if playing Jedi Knight. Gault gives you a wink if playing Bounty Hunter. When you return there's your love interest to greet you, and not Lana, again, unless she is your love interest.

but, for example, I read here on this thread that Zenith maybe is coming back - still not at that part of the story 😂 - and he has the same voice of Theron. so why "pay" Troy to do lines for Zenith instead of doing some extra scenes of Theron? 🤔 that is something that I am asking myself sometimes.

Programming isn't much of an issue. Characters are Class Objects. It's relatively easy to program a Case clause such that the character who interacts with your Toon depends on a priority of factors. For example, your love interest could have the highest priority depending on the scene. If no love interest then choose from Lana, Theron, Class Companion based on influence perhaps. The problem is dialogue because they'd have to pay all the voice actors, and that's where budget might be a factor. To save money it would probably be enough for players if it's a no dialogue scene of your love interest. Before you go on your mission he/she appears and grabs your toon to kiss. If you have no love interest then some form of encouragement - a salute from Aric if playing Trooper. T7 whistles if playing Jedi Knight. Gault gives you a wink if playing Bounty Hunter. When you return there's your love interest to greet you, and not Lana, again, unless she is your love interest.

Well yeah, Theron and Lana should be relatively easy especially Troy whom is very easy to get a hold of, already voices multiple characters, and has stated before that he's committed to voicing for Swtor.

but, for example, I read here on this thread that Zenith maybe is coming back - still not at that part of the story 😂 - and he has the same voice of Theron. so why "pay" Troy to do lines for Zenith instead of doing some extra scenes of Theron? 🤔 that is something that I am asking myself sometimes.

Both Lana and Theron VA already do multiple voice work for even some of the random npcs

Edited by vallixas

Romanced him on like 4 of my characters back in the day. The other's have romanced either Vette or Kira. Theron's definately amongst the best if not the best male romance Bioware has ever done or written, and there's been a lot of missteps, some in this very game. Good person, not too forward or overly flirtatious, good voice actor, easy on the eyes. Theron's is the only one I can remember, the only one worth remembering. Edited by Jaxterone

Romanced him on like 4 of my characters back in the day. The other's have romanced either Vette or Kira. Theron's definately amongst the best if not the best male romance Bioware has ever done or written, and there's been a lot of missteps, some in this very game. Good person, not too forward or overly flirtatious, good voice actor, easy on the eyes. Theron's is the only one I can remember, the only one worth remembering.

Same, i've also hated most of bioware's previous male romances save Alistair.

Romanced him on like 4 of my characters back in the day. The other's have romanced either Vette or Kira. Theron's definately amongst the best if not the best male romance Bioware has ever done or written, and there's been a lot of missteps, some in this very game. Good person, not too forward or overly flirtatious, good voice actor, easy on the eyes. Theron's is the only one I can remember, the only one worth remembering.

wow O.O it is very important to say that he is the best male character romance bioware o.ò can't imagine all the others 🤣

Cullen was done very well. A shame his VA is ruining that.

Theron is amazing, love him to bits. My other fav is Aric.

Alistair was ok but a bit young and niave for my personal taste. Plus I hate the whole Morrigan aspect to that romance. Just eww.

Aric and Theron are normal slow burns romances with characters that arent 100% perfect and I love it.

Cullens romance was the same.