Thanks for Theron Shan. <3 <3 <3 This is a love thread, haters make your own lol.

DarthEnrique

How would you guys do the traitor plot if you were on the writing team? I don't know how I would handle it but I seen this suggestion of Theron actually betraying you if you are DS thrown around a lot. That would be interesting but as someone with a DS character that loves Theron very much and only have a soft spot for him, not sure how well I (or her) for the matter would take it. Would make total sense though.

How would you guys do the traitor plot if you were on the writing team? I don't know how I would handle it but I seen this suggestion of Theron actually betraying you if you are DS thrown around a lot. That would be interesting but as someone with a DS character that loves Theron very much and only have a soft spot for him, not sure how well I (or her) for the matter would take it. Would make total sense though.

I don't see Theron staying with a really dark side character. But I would not base this on the DS level which can be acquired very artificially and earlier than Manaan. It could be based on the decisions taken from Manaan until the betrayal, for instance. I think that I have read about the fact that companions will start reacting more to decisions made in the near future and might leave you if they do not appreciate your decisions. I'm definitely curious. ;)

I'm not sure. My inquisitor is with him and their relationship is just so unlikely. I mean Theron isn't 100% light or anything, but.. And I know the romance plays out the same no matter who you are (I hear imps get a couple different lines) but..!

I dunno, I don't want to negate the romance of Theron + ds Inquisitor for whomever that relationship is very important, but sometimes I think *my* inq might just be with him because she has a very big ego and he's like, the biggest catch. I think, for my inq, a betrayal made sense. I would have accepted it, ultimately. What didn't make sense was me forgiving him, which I did, because I don't like my toons to be lonely lol.

I wouldn't have done it in the first place, I thought the whole thing was dumb. If I had to write a "character betrays you" plot it would either be real and based on your actions like with Koth or it would involve a body double tricking you while imprisoning your real companion or something. I know there are plenty of people who romanced Theron as a DS character but it really is OOC for him to go along with actual evil actions. BioWare just decided to make the romances one size fits all these days.

I wouldn't have done it in the first place, I thought the whole thing was dumb. If I had to write a "character betrays you" plot it would either be real and based on your actions like with Koth or it would involve a body double tricking you while imprisoning your real companion or something. I know there are plenty of people who romanced Theron as a DS character but it really is OOC for him to go along with actual evil actions. BioWare just decided to make the romances one size fits all these days.

I wouldn't have even bothered with a 'betrayal plot'. It's been done to death in this game and quite honestly, I think they need to sit down and work up some new ideas rather than falling back on old chestnuts.

If I had to do a betrayal plot, it would be far more interesting for the PC to be the one doing the betraying for a change for whatever reasons and see the reactions of those we've had to leave behind, rather than the PC being the one getting hurt all the time.

I wouldn't have even bothered with a 'betrayal plot'. It's been done to death in this game and quite honestly, I think they need to sit down and work up some new ideas rather than falling back on old chestnuts.

If I had to do a betrayal plot, it would be far more interesting for the PC to be the one doing the betraying for a change for whatever reasons and see the reactions of those we've had to leave behind, rather than the PC being the one getting hurt all the time.

Agreed, I'm just saying if I was forced to do a betrayal plot I wouldn't do some half-baked fake betrayal (with no explanation of how the droid can miraculously watch us at all times). If the "betrayal" ark hadn't culminated with our character being able to marry Theron then I'd be a lot more pissed at it than I am. As it is, they've buttered me up enough to mostly keep me quiet about it.

I'm not sure. My inquisitor is with him and their relationship is just so unlikely. I mean Theron isn't 100% light or anything, but.. And I know the romance plays out the same no matter who you are (I hear imps get a couple different lines) but..!

I dunno, I don't want to negate the romance of Theron + ds Inquisitor for whomever that relationship is very important, but sometimes I think *my* inq might just be with him because she has a very big ego and he's like, the biggest catch. I think, for my inq, a betrayal made sense. I would have accepted it, ultimately. What didn't make sense was me forgiving him, which I did, because I don't like my toons to be lonely lol.

That's how I felt about the whole thing as well. My sith warrior is pretty much a B and originally when Umbara happened I was going to kill Theron with her. Mainly because this is who she is and keeping him alive after what he did is so out of character for her. I mean she killed Quinn and honestly, what Theron did to her was worse than Quinn. But like you, in the end I could not bring myself to hit that dark side button. So yea, being lonely is a serious thing for my characters. :p

My Inquisitor is barely a dark 2 and made a lot of light side choices including ruling as a peacekeeper, keeping Koth in her Alliance, telling the people to get in the escape pods in chapter 1, and freeing Lord Dramath to name a few. But she also made a few dark choices like with Senya, having the Alliance monitored and she sided against Jace Malcolm. So for her I wouldn't think it fair that he would have truly betrayed her. After all, Theron isn't always light-sided in some of the choices he's made either.

That's how I felt about the whole thing as well. My sith warrior is pretty much a B and originally when Umbara happened I was going to kill Theron with her. Mainly because this is who she is and keeping him alive after what he did is so out of character for her. I mean she killed Quinn and honestly, what Theron did to her was worse than Quinn. But like you, in the end I could not bring myself to hit that dark side button. So yea, being lonely is a serious thing for my characters. :p

My Inquisitor is barely a dark 2 and made a lot of light side choices including ruling as a peacekeeper, keeping Koth in her Alliance, telling the people to get in the escape pods in chapter 1, and freeing Lord Dramath to name a few. But she also made a few dark choices like with Senya, having the Alliance monitored and she sided against Jace Malcolm. So for her I wouldn't think it fair that he would have truly betrayed her. After all, Theron isn't always light-sided in some of the choices he's made either.

The great thing about being sith, is that you do what you want. You can kill someone or not kill someone - who's going to stop you? :)

Oh gosh wouldn't that be fun! I want. We don't get many instances of being truly duplicitous.

Edited by grania

I've never actually done the Theron romance, but when I get back to SWTOR, I feel like I want to see it!

Is it any different between pub and imp and if so, which is more rewarding?

You'll have more interactions with him on a pub character, some lines will be different depending on if you're imp or pub. The rest depends on your personnal taste.

I tried it first on a IA, i liked the idea of these 2 spies from opposing factions bonding and falling in love despite all their differences, but i felt the romance was more natural with my JK.

After trying to have him with quite everything i ended up liking the romance more with my JK which is why they're now together, but i seem to be one of the few who have him with a pub character, so it's really up to you.

I do not think that we do not have opportunities for th PC to betray people. There are plenty of choices that we can do where we give our word and can then decide otherwise. The thing is that it does not have any impact on the companion nor on the storyline. This is something that could be hoped for in the future.

I couldn't kill him neither with my Inquisitor, even though she had at first placed a Bounty on his head. She is not with Theron anymore but as her new love pleaded for his fate, she spared him (for real, I couldn't find the heart to kill him so Arcann's plea was coming at the right time :p)

But honestly, I do not think that Theron would betray for real for a few dark choices, as you say, he is not fully light-sided either, he tends to be conscious that sometimes tough things must be done in a world that is NOT made for care bears. And if there had to be other (and real) betrayals in the future, I would expect more warnings.

You'll have more interactions with him on a pub character, some lines will be different depending on if you're imp or pub. The rest depends on your personnal taste.

I tried it first on a IA, i liked the idea of these 2 spies from opposing factions bonding and falling in love despite all their differences, but i felt the romance was more natural with my JK.

After trying to have him with quite everything i ended up liking the romance more with my JK which is why they're now together, but i seem to be one of the few who have him with a pub character, so it's really up to you.

Frankly, I tried the romance on my JK and I have not been convinced at all. I even have been totally outraged by what he told her. I was frankly hoping for some more specific stuff.

What I am speaking of. If you want to keep the surprise, don't read:

On Yavin 4, just before the crucial moment, he bluntly says that he has something in mind, if she can keep up. That sounded so unsensitive! And then after the fade to black moment, saying that she was good at everything as he expected.... seriously? Speaking like this to a jedi who just threw away her code for him and claiming that she is a damn hottie? Frankly the remark would have amused my Inq greatly but he does not say it to Imps, and I found it a bit misplaced with a jedi.

Edited by Iheaca

I've never actually done the Theron romance, but when I get back to SWTOR, I feel like I want to see it!

Is it any different between pub and imp and if so, which is more rewarding?

I recommend you do both! They are both enjoyable - you get different lines/interactions for different sides & depending on your conversation choices.

Frankly, I tried the romance on my JK and I have not been convinced at all. I even have been totally outraged by what he told her. I was frankly hoping for some more specific stuff.

On Yavin 4, just before the crucial moment, he bluntly says that he has something in mind, if she can keep up. That sounded so unsensitive! And then after the fade to black moment, saying that she was good at everything as he expected.... seriously? Speaking like this to a jedi who just threw away her code for him and claiming that she is a damn hottie? Frankly the remark would have amused my Inq greatly but he does not say it to Imps, and I found it a bit misplaced with a jedi.

Yeah there are always a few things that do not fit for some characters, my JK going like "Ca fait un bail qu'on a pas parlé" (sorry for the french line, i don't know the english line for that part) on Rishi sounding very provocative did not fit for her either, but if you want to continue the romance after that point you can't pass on that line, even if it sounds completely ooc.

I'll just HC slightly different lines for both of them on both of these dialogues.

I recommend you do both! They are both enjoyable - you get different lines/interactions for different sides & depending on your conversation choices.

Thanks Sarova!! I'm quite excited as it's basically still "unexplored content" to me! I think I'll start off as rep for that extra dialogue.

Thanks Goreshaga!! Spy/spy does sound interesting.

Thanks Sarova!! I'm quite excited as it's basically still "unexplored content" to me! I think I'll start off as rep for that extra dialogue.

Thanks Goreshaga!! Spy/spy does sound interesting.

I am not being biased at all in what I am about to say, but given what we have had as female players in the way of romances in the vanilla game - Theron's romance was quite refreshing. I always felt like this game was meant to feed male players given the original romances and females got some pretty lousy choices. Honestly, the best one I liked ended up betraying my warrior. It would have been nice if the men could have had their LI betray them back then but then again - BW seem to cater to a specific group of gamers for some reason.

When they brought the notion of Theron (and Lana) flirts in SOR available to male and female players, it changed everything. I will say that I agree him saying that line "Just what I thought good at everything" and prior to that asking the character to sleep with him was way off for my light 5 jedi. That line works fine for a non force user or Imperial player, but only republic get that line. Also, it has been said the fade to black moment only happens on republic but it does happen on Imperial too - it's just played out differently.

In fact, my jedi knight turned him down and that resulted him not wanting to kiss her at the end of Ziost. Also, if you play imperial and he tries to break up you can either romance and leave on a happy note or do what my sith warrior did and threaten him. :p My inquisitor kissed him and there is a long shot panning back then it fades to black so ---

Either way, it doesn't affect romance lock ins for Chapter 9.

I also found that there were more opportunities for flirting with imperial side on Iokath. One of my favorite lines he says to my inquisitor was on Iokath. The way the line was delivered, for me was sweet and romantic and as good as saying I love you, plus you get something extra afterward that you don't get to see on republic. So I won't spoil that but just side with the empire and you will see what I mean.

The reason there are more flirts for republic in SoR is because you talk to him on the fleet just like Imperials can flirt with Lana on the fleet cantina. However, the line I liked was when my agent says this.

"How coy. I think someone in the SIS has a crush on me." Jo Wyatt just says that line so well. Theron's reaction is utterly priceless.

I think you should try both imp and pub romances though. They are both good in their own ways.

I do not think that we do not have opportunities for th PC to betray people. There are plenty of choices that we can do where we give our word and can then decide otherwise. The thing is that it does not have any impact on the companion nor on the storyline. This is something that could be hoped for in the future.

I couldn't kill him neither with my Inquisitor, even though she had at first placed a Bounty on his head. She is not with Theron anymore but as her new love pleaded for his fate, she spared him (for real, I couldn't find the heart to kill him so Arcann's plea was coming at the right time :p)

But honestly, I do not think that Theron would betray for real for a few dark choices, as you say, he is not fully light-sided either, he tends to be conscious that sometimes tough things must be done in a world that is NOT made for care bears. And if there had to be other (and real) betrayals in the future, I would expect more warnings.

I agree that Theron wouldn't betray us for real. I can definitely see him leaving us if we're evil but I think he would be up front about it and not pretend to be our friend and stab us in the back.

That dialogue on Yavin 4 definitely doesn't suit certain characters like you said. You take a virginal jedi consular who has only just had his first kiss and has zero romantic experience at all, not even an example of watching his parents(or really anyone else being raised by the jedi) be romantic with each other and those lines from Theron come across really insensitive and in the case of your character being "good at everything" false. The line was perfect for my trooper and probably most smugglers but yeah I really wish there had been some differentiation there. My virginal sith inquisitor didn't have the same disconnect since the imperial end scene was a lot more sweet.

Another thing I thought was weird is that during SoR Theron is only awkward and shy with Imperial characters but is pretty suave with Republic ones yet in KotFE and beyond he seems to flip flop back and forth for all characters. One second he's smooth and not missing a beat and the next he's stammering like a lovesick schoolboy. It sounds like I'm criticizing but I really do love Theron and his romance, this just stood out to me.

That dialogue on Yavin 4 definitely doesn't suit certain characters like you said. You take a virginal jedi consular who has only just had his first kiss and has zero romantic experience at all, not even an example of watching his parents(or really anyone else being raised by the jedi) be romantic with each other and those lines from Theron come across really insensitive and in the case of your character being "good at everything" false. The line was perfect for my trooper and probably most smugglers but yeah I really wish there had been some differentiation there. My virginal sith inquisitor didn't have the same disconnect since the imperial end scene was a lot more sweet.

Another thing I thought was weird is that during SoR Theron is only awkward and shy with Imperial characters but is pretty suave with Republic ones yet in KotFE and beyond he seems to flip flop back and forth for all characters. One second he's smooth and not missing a beat and the next he's stammering like a lovesick schoolboy. It sounds like I'm criticizing but I really do love Theron and his romance, this just stood out to me.

I agree that the end scene on Yavin for Imperials was more sweet and in my opinion more romantic than romping in the bushes together. :D Maybe it's because my character's don't want their clothes dirty or have to deal with bugs. :p

You are right that he acts very awkward around Imperials even with his corny jokes he makes and reactions. I also think it is more natural Theron though whereas with Republic - I don't know it's like he tries to be someone he isn't a lot of times. I think too it comes from his own mouth when he says he is terrible at relationships. Even composing mail to the character he stammers with sometimes. I really laughed at the one where he says he monitors communications and knows when to observe people when they think they are being private. Then he's like that's terrible, let me re-phrase. Just an example of Theron's awkwardness at certain times but I think it is one of the attractive qualities about him.

I also found that there were more opportunities for flirting with imperial side on Iokath. One of my favorite lines he says to my inquisitor was on Iokath. The way the line was delivered, for me was sweet and romantic and as good as saying I love you, plus you get something extra afterward that you don't get to see on republic. So I won't spoil that but just side with the empire and you will see what I mean.

I can't for the life of me remember what line you mean - spoiler me please! In tags of course.

I am not being biased at all in what I am about to say, but given what we have had as female players in the way of romances in the vanilla game - Theron's romance was quite refreshing. I always felt like this game was meant to feed male players given the original romances and females got some pretty lousy choices. Honestly, the best one I liked ended up betraying my warrior. It would have been nice if the men could have had their LI betray them back then but then again - BW seem to cater to a specific group of gamers for some reason.

When they brought the notion of Theron (and Lana) flirts in SOR available to male and female players, it changed everything. I will say that I agree him saying that line "Just what I thought good at everything" and prior to that asking the character to sleep with him was way off for my light 5 jedi. That line works fine for a non force user or Imperial player, but only republic get that line. Also, it has been said the fade to black moment only happens on republic but it does happen on Imperial too - it's just played out differently.

In fact, my jedi knight turned him down and that resulted him not wanting to kiss her at the end of Ziost. Also, if you play imperial and he tries to break up you can either romance and leave on a happy note or do what my sith warrior did and threaten him. :p My inquisitor kissed him and there is a long shot panning back then it fades to black so ---

Either way, it doesn't affect romance lock ins for Chapter 9.

The reason there are more flirts for republic in SoR is because you talk to him on the fleet just like Imperials can flirt with Lana on the fleet cantina. However, the line I liked was when my agent says this.

"How coy. I think someone in the SIS has a crush on me." Jo Wyatt just says that line so well. Theron's reaction is utterly priceless.

I think you should try both imp and pub romances though. They are both good in their own ways.

Sounds like a lot of fun, definitely something to be excited about!! Thanks a lot.

I can't for the life of me remember what line you mean - spoiler me please! In tags of course.

When you face Jace Malcom in the back-door throne room, Theron immediately pulls his gun and aims at his father. Jace says, "Theron you wouldn't". My inquisitor chose option two, "Don't kill him over me, I couldn't live with myself." Theron says, "And I couldn't live if I lost you." Then he shoots his father (missing him but he still shoots), after Jace accuses Theron of falling for a Tyrant. After Jace dies, you can comfort Theron by kissing him.

I don't know what it is but the way Troy Baker says that I thought was sweet.

When you face Jace Malcom in the back-door throne room, Theron immediately pulls his gun and aims at his father. Jace says, "Theron you wouldn't". My inquisitor chose option two, "Don't kill him over me, I couldn't live with myself." Theron says, "And I couldn't live if I lost you." Then he shoots his father (missing him but he still shoots), after Jace accuses Theron of falling for a Tyrant. After Jace dies, you can comfort Theron by kissing him.

:eek: Whaaaaat???!!!!! I never got that option! I clearly have some very important, urgent research business /rushes off to make another imperial character to romance Theron :D

That was one of my favorite scenes. I replay my fraps of it often. Yep, I'm a nerd :p