Thanks for Theron Shan. <3 <3 <3 This is a love thread, haters make your own lol.

DarthEnrique

The new Twilek dude is 99% a replacement for some "old" twilek dude everyone wanted to see gone.

Ah yes, Zenith. I don't want to see him gone. I liked him and would've enjoyed him as a romance for my JC. I didn't care for anyone else for her. How can you love another, when you've been asked, "Who do you want dead?" If that doesn't say love, I don't know what does lol.

I'm not all that jazzed about the new guy, he's a stranger to me, just another person to collect that does nothing and goes nowhere. Besides, I don't think they'll deny people Zenith. It's just a matter of time, I'm sure.

I hear you, even now as I'm creating the one for Doc, I'm hedging, I totally dig on Theron much more. I'm flirting with him, but then it's like, do I really want to hurt myself later to have to break up with him. It's a quandary for sure. The thought is traumatizing and yet, there he is, with his lovely eyes and voice and Doc as silent as a post at this point in the game...I have several versions of my JK and SW, and I'll never tire of making more. I'd rather make my 13th JK than play JC ever or Trooper ever again. I do hope Jonas is available for every class if they make him a romance. I don't even know why bother with this Twi'lek dude we're supposed to be getting, just sell us Jonas with a romance included lol. :D (But others might want the Twi'lek dude, who knows lol).

I was too, I felt so horrible afterward. I hate to admit, tears were shed and I questioned if I did the right thing. I haven't broken up with many people in real life as I was lucky and found my hubby quickly without having to kiss many frogs. I didn't have the need to worry about it, so this is a very real thing lol. And it hurts. I'm still struggling a bit, with should I flirt or not, because I'm at the point where Doc says nothing and Theron is there all the time. :o

I feel for the choice you're facing; it's amazing how these dilemmas play on your mind, lol. On my JC sage I first put her in a relationship with Felix, but found him so boring I started one with Theron. She then (reluctantly) broke up with Theron to try the romance with Arcann, only to break up with Arcann because I felt so guilty after hearing Felix's terrible story about what happened to him in Zukuul. And I'm still not happy! If only there was a romantic reset button you could hit when you realize you made the wrong choice...but getting a chance with Jonas Balker on all classes would right many wrongs. ;)

Ah yes, Zenith. I don't want to see him gone. I liked him and would've enjoyed him as a romance for my JC. I didn't care for anyone else for her. How can you love another, when you've been asked, "Who do you want dead?" If that doesn't say love, I don't know what does lol.

I'm not all that jazzed about the new guy, he's a stranger to me, just another person to collect that does nothing and goes nowhere. Besides, I don't think they'll deny people Zenith. It's just a matter of time, I'm sure.

So is there definitely a new Twilek love interest? I've gotten myself so confused about what's coming up.

He is definitely clumsy every time a discussion is about relationships, has definitely issues with his parents, and is presented in a story as kind of an opposite to Jonas. And well, have you played the game entirely yet? Because I do not want to spoil anything...

I've "seen" pretty much every LS incarnation of the game on YouTube I don't mind spoilers.

I doubt any of the alliance alert type companions will ever speak or be part of the story again after recruiting them so you could always just skip Doc's alliance alert and not have to worry about breaking up with him.

Yeah I'm going to have to break up with Theron on my consular. I can't just leave Iresso hanging like that =/

I hear you, even now as I'm creating the one for Doc, I'm hedging, I totally dig on Theron much more. I'm flirting with him, but then it's like, do I really want to hurt myself later to have to break up with him. It's a quandary for sure. The thought is traumatizing and yet, there he is, with his lovely eyes and voice and Doc as silent as a post at this point in the game...I have several versions of my JK and SW, and I'll never tire of making more. I'd rather make my 13th JK than play JC ever or Trooper ever again. I do hope Jonas is available for every class if they make him a romance. I don't even know why bother with this Twi'lek dude we're supposed to be getting, just sell us Jonas with a romance included lol. :D (But others might want the Twi'lek dude, who knows lol).

I'm the same, i curently have 3 of the same JK and replaying my SW, i am replaying my JC as well, but, arf, this one is difficult, i like the guy, but the JC's class story and romances are probably the worst for me.

I know that on one of my latest JK, i only took the first [flirt] option where she say that she'd never fall for him even if he was the last living being in the Galaxy (which is a bit of a weird flirt imo, but, that sounded like something she would tell him), and then he just kept trying to seduce her, even going as far as proposing, wich was a bit weird as she never even let him kiss her, i don't really remember what was her last answer though, i'll find out when he comes back, but she's with Theron and Doc will have to find someone else to flirt with.

I broke up with Theron once on one of my IA when Vector came back, but... That's mainly because i ended up liking Theron more with my JK and i'm not really using that IA anymore, as i did another one, a Chiss that i like better, but i have a lot of stuff on this character that are bounded and don't want to loose untill i'm able to get the full sets, so i can't delete her, i'll probably use her as a testing dummy now.

I really like the Vector romance, but clearly if Jonas is available to all classes, i'll go for him on my main IA as Vector is clearly as good as dead considering he was never part of KOTFEET.

I did a new Twi'lek smuggler and now seeing the new Twi'lek dude, i'm thinking they he could really suit her if he's romanceable.

I' have a problem with a Twi'lek JC i have as she would look much better with Zenith than with Iresso, but that's not possible (i wish Tharan and Zenith could be romanceable on female JC, as i don't really like Iresso) :(

I'm the same, i curently have 3 of the same JK and replaying my SW, i am replaying my JC as well, but, arf, this one is difficult, i like the guy, but the JC's class story and romances are probably the worst for me.

I know that on one of my latest JK, i only took the first [flirt] option where she say that she'd never fall for him even if he was the last living being in the Galaxy (which is a bit of a weird flirt imo, but, that sounded like something she would tell him), and then he just kept trying to seduce her, even going as far as proposing, wich was a bit weird as she never even let him kiss her, i don't really remember what was her last answer though, i'll find out when he comes back, but she's with Theron and Doc will have to find someone else to flirt with.

I broke up with Theron once on one of my IA when Vector came back, but... That's mainly because i ended up liking Theron more with my JK and i'm not really using that IA anymore, as i did another one, a Chiss that i like better, but i have a lot of stuff on this character that are bounded and don't want to loose untill i'm able to get the full sets, so i can't delete her, i'll probably use her as a testing dummy now.

I really like the Vector romance, but clearly if Jonas is available to all classes, i'll go for him on my main IA as Vector is clearly as good as dead considering he was never part of KOTFEET.

I did a new Twi'lek smuggler and now seeing the new Twi'lek dude, i'm thinking they he could really suit her if he's romanceable.

I' have a problem with a Twi'lek JC i have as she would look much better with Zenith than with Iresso, but that's not possible (i wish Tharan and Zenith could be romanceable on female JC, as i don't really like Iresso) :(

I hear you. JC and Trooper are the two worst stories for me, there are no romances I'm into on those and the stories, to me, are snore-worthy. Making them evil helped a little bit lol. I never get tired of playing JK, SW, SI and Agent. Those are gold to me. I love Vector and was completely loyal to him, no flirting with Theron on my main Agent. :D Sadly, I think you're probably right though, about Vector being as good as dead, given that he wasn't a major part of the last stories. :(

I have only one Chiss, an agent, and I'd likely catch her up if Saganu ever became available to romance. And like I said to the other poster, I definitely see my JC being a better match for Zenith. She's not a Twi'lek, but I Iiked their personalities together and thought they made a spiffy pair. Iresso to me was always a bit, well, dull. You know if they included romances with these new toons they're putting out like this new Twi'lek guy, they'd sell like hotcakes, I'm sure of it. I know I'd buy them, just to have that different thing to do. It would be awesome. :D

Our esteemed fellow players have other preferences, we have to respect that and adapt.

Well, yeah, you know, everyone does I guess. I don't have to respect it, I just have to stay quiet about it lol. I can think to myself whatever I like lol. :D

Edited by Lunafox

So is there definitely a new Twilek love interest? I've gotten myself so confused about what's coming up.

Not that I know of. As far as I'm aware it's going to be another silent companion you get in the mail like Niko or Shae.

Actually I wasn't worried about breaking up with Doc, it was Theron I don't want to break up with lol. Sorry for any confusion. I mean, I won't like breaking up with Doc, but it needs to be done to preserve my mains who are with Theron. I have alts for the future romances, and just finishing up the one I did for Doc. I'm just saying Theron is always a temptation, when I'm doing characters for others. :o

Ah I see, well if nothing else you could just romance Theron during SoR if you like and then just not flirt with him at all in KotFE and it will be like nothing happened. For me I had to completely skip SoR on the characters that had spouses I didn't want to cheat on because Theron is a big temptation especially when the existing spouse is a silent brick. Most of my characters I haven't taken through all the content. I so far have 2 characters who romanced Theron that have completed everything, 1 character who romanced Arcann who completed everything, several characters who romanced Theron and one who romanced Koth at various points in KotFE/KotET and ones who romanced Vette, Torian, and Jorgan that I have so far stopped playing after they re-recruited their spouse since those characters become bricks. Any character with an alliance alert romance return I just haven't continued past the initial 1-50 story. For me it's not worth dragging another character through RotHC, SoR, KotFE, KotET, and possibly the traitor stuff just for a 2 minute alliance alert and then them going back to being a brick :(

To me, Theron's awkwardness isn't shyness, it's an unconscious fear of rejection that dogs him. His mother chose the Jedi way over him, his dad isn't much better because he wants another super-soldier as his legacy. He was rejected by the Jedi because he isn't FS. He gets bounced around by the Republic, and he's desperate to belong. So, talking about feelings, and dealing with other people who can reject him again, is the worst thing that can happen to him. Hence when he tries to socialize it's painful for him.

To me, Theron's awkwardness isn't shyness, it's an unconscious fear of rejection that dogs him. His mother chose the Jedi way over him, his dad isn't much better because he wants another super-soldier as his legacy. He was rejected by the Jedi because he isn't FS. He gets bounced around by the Republic, and he's desperate to belong. So, talking about feelings, and dealing with other people who can reject him again, is the worst thing that can happen to him. Hence when he tries to socialize it's painful for him.

Yes, there is probably a lot of this. And I guess that it all gave him the habit to close himself to other people and eventually not even think that they could be impacted, hurt, or even could help... and he ends up with a situation like the Zildrog stuff and this fake betrayal that hurts or angers the PC and that could have been avoided.

Edited by Iheaca

Another thing is, he's extremely self-aware (admitting he's a workaholic) and that's an asset in a relationship, so at least, he's willing to own up to his own shortcomings. Who of us doesn't fear rejections, have some parent issues, have tough jobs, (mine is just staying alive) etc. Theron is very normal.

Ah I see, well if nothing else you could just romance Theron during SoR if you like and then just not flirt with him at all in KotFE and it will be like nothing happened. For me I had to completely skip SoR on the characters that had spouses I didn't want to cheat on because Theron is a big temptation especially when the existing spouse is a silent brick. Most of my characters I haven't taken through all the content. I so far have 2 characters who romanced Theron that have completed everything, 1 character who romanced Arcann who completed everything, several characters who romanced Theron and one who romanced Koth at various points in KotFE/KotET and ones who romanced Vette, Torian, and Jorgan that I have so far stopped playing after they re-recruited their spouse since those characters become bricks. Any character with an alliance alert romance return I just haven't continued past the initial 1-50 story. For me it's not worth dragging another character through RotHC, SoR, KotFE, KotET, and possibly the traitor stuff just for a 2 minute alliance alert and then them going back to being a brick :(

True enough, because like you say, it's a huge temptation to romance Theron, especially when your vanilla comp isn't speaking to you. So I think I'll do just that. I've always enjoyed the SoR and Ziost etc. It's KOTFE/ET that's the slog for me. I still have to choose an alt for Koth, see what that romance is like. Maybe someday if I get super bored, I'll make a Cathar for Aric. I won't do Arcann's romance, no interest. Anyway, so much of the later content seems like a painful slog for the paltry rewards we get, but once in a while for someone special, I'll make the effort. :)

True enough, because like you say, it's a huge temptation to romance Theron, especially when your vanilla comp isn't speaking to you. So I think I'll do just that. I've always enjoyed the SoR and Ziost etc. It's KOTFE/ET that's the slog for me. I still have to choose an alt for Koth, see what that romance is like. Maybe someday if I get super bored, I'll make a Cathar for Aric. I won't do Arcann's romance, no interest. Anyway, so much of the later content seems like a painful slog for the paltry rewards we get, but once in a while for someone special, I'll make the effort. :)

Yeah Theron is the biggest temptation for me too :p

Koth was not bad, but there's not much more after he got the kill option which kinda ruined the romance for me.

Aric is totally worth it imo, i really enjoyed seeing him go from the grumpy cat he is when you first meet him to a very sweet and romantic guy when in a relationship. I found his return to be one of the best, if not the best actually. (some lines both from him or other NPC are a bit awkward when playing a Cathar trooper though as the game does not aknowledge that you are one, so you sometimes have people explaining Cathar stuff to you, when you're supposed to know if you're a Cathar yourself).

There is not that much about the Arcann romance so far, but i really enjoy him with my SW (yeah sorry this one dumped Quinn after the Quinncident, he's a big temptation too, but while this character could understand his motives, she could not forgive him for betraying her trust, so she took her back on her ship but not in her bed)

I agree that KotFE and KotET are much more of a slog for what you get than SoR but skipping SoR is the only way I can resist Theron lol.

I love in-game romances so I try to do every romance unless I hate the character (Lana & Doc) or the game is a slog and not worth playing so many times (Dragon Age: Inquisition). I didn't like Jorgan at first but I ended up really liking him and his romance later on (I had to make a Cathar for him as well). Arcann's "romance" is two short moments so even if you liked him you're not missing much there. It would be cool if they continued it. I really liked what there was of Koth's romance (though I like Koth in general) but I only romanced him with one character since he became a lifeless brick. I'm afraid every bricked companion including Theron will stay that way with only Lana having any kind of presence. They haven't even bothered to do romance specific letters for us in years :(

Bang on. The writers did a great job with him, in creating a more three-dimensional character. My favorite romance arc.

I agree that KotFE and KotET are much more of a slog for what you get than SoR but skipping SoR is the only way I can resist Theron lol.

I love in-game romances so I try to do every romance unless I hate the character (Lana & Doc) or the game is a slog and not worth playing so many times (Dragon Age: Inquisition). I didn't like Jorgan at first but I ended up really liking him and his romance later on (I had to make a Cathar for him as well). Arcann's "romance" is two short moments so even if you liked him you're not missing much there. It would be cool if they continued it. I really liked what there was of Koth's romance (though I like Koth in general) but I only romanced him with one character since he became a lifeless brick. I'm afraid every bricked companion including Theron will stay that way with only Lana having any kind of presence. They haven't even bothered to do romance specific letters for us in years :(

I wish they would do some more letters. It would really add to each of the romances, and, presumably, not use many resources. I also hope they'll beef up the Arcann romance (and make it so you can change his armour) but somehow I doubt it.

I wish they would do some more letters. It would really add to each of the romances, and, presumably, not use many resources. I also hope they'll beef up the Arcann romance (and make it so you can change his armour) but somehow I doubt it.

Yeah it seems to me when it comes to the companions they take no time to realize that people invest in them. I switched to a new server recently and started making characters on there and doing stories again (even though my legacy on my main server with all its unlocks is used hehehe!) and though I'm gay just for a bit of difference I had my Sith Inquisitor be bisexual, they are romancing Ashara (and boy do I get the urge to be ill) and intend on having them leave her for Theron and flirt with him in front of her just to see if there is any tension or drama and then take it through the KOTFE/ET storyline and then just stop there after all is said and done because I feel no desire to end the relationship with Theron Shan and have him a cardboard cut out from here on out. Just not interested in that.

Yeah it seems to me when it comes to the companions they take no time to realize that people invest in them. I switched to a new server recently and started making characters on there and doing stories again (even though my legacy on my main server with all its unlocks is used hehehe!) and though I'm gay just for a bit of difference I had my Sith Inquisitor be bisexual, they are romancing Ashara (and boy do I get the urge to be ill) and intend on having them leave her for Theron and flirt with him in front of her just to see if there is any tension or drama and then take it through the KOTFE/ET storyline and then just stop there after all is said and done because I feel no desire to end the relationship with Theron Shan and have him a cardboard cut out from here on out. Just not interested in that.

Companions during SoR are pretty much like plants, they're not saying anything and not reacting to anything, they're basically just standing behind you with a blank stare, like completely empty shells.

You could flirt with the whole galaxy in front of them, you'd not get anything from them :(

Bang on. The writers did a great job with him, in creating a more three-dimensional character. My favorite romance arc.

Well, Vector is still the absolute best for Females as far as I'm concerned, but Theron is very compelling and I'm adoring him with my BH!

Well, Vector is still the absolute best for Females as far as I'm concerned, but Theron is very compelling and I'm adoring him with my BH!

Ah, Vector, I like him, too; that line where he says your aura tastes of frost and spices is so lovely. I'm facing a rather horrible choice with my sniper as I've been romancing Theron in the Knights expansions, but will have Vector back soon. I keep vacillating over what to do, lol.

That's why I keep my characters strictly monogamous. One mate for life, Male JK for Kira, Male Trooper for Elara, Fem JC for Arcann, Fem BH for Theron, Fem Agent for Vector, Male Agent for Watcher 2, Fem Trooper for Aric, Male Scoundrel for Beryl Thorne. No good romance for my Gunslinger yet, but I keep hoping they'll throw someone he could stand.