Worst community in gaming?

gnetikjakhammer

God, where do I begin on such a wide subject.

Tell you what, I'll just list the things since I don't feel like writing up a long detailed message of the MANY thing wrong with this community, so here goes:

-dead silence and no socializing whatsoever unless people are asking for a heroic or flashpoint group

-people are WAY too sensitive(and that branches off to many problems in itself)

1. they abuse the ignore buttong because you said something that SLIGHTLY disagrees with them

2. They have their noses in the air thinking they're better than everyone else, and calls everyone else a wow player and to go back to that game

3. WAY too defensive of this game, despite obvious flaws

4. they cut themselves off from an already isolated community that barely socializes

-You're ALWAYS a troll, no matter what, simply because they say so.

-an argument can start from anywhere and blow itself way out of proportion in a matter of seconds because of how sensitive and over-protective these guys are of this game.

you get this jist....

welcome to the internet

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Go over to Darkfall. Spend some time. Meet the locals. Come back and tell me what you think.

We're such a reactionary, over the top, hyperbole prone, immediacy society anymore.

Everything is the worst, or the best. Moreso the worst. Especially on the internet.

As the OP complained about being on ignore lists (or at least is percieving that people are putting him on ignore), he may be using profanity or questionable language in general chat or is monopolizing the channel so that people are tuning him off.

I'll give an extreme example (I'm not accusing anyone here of this): a player on my server used a racial slur on general chat and utilized spacing so that it would bypass the profanity filter. He went straight to ignore. Quite frankly, I don't want anything to do with someone like that.

Or perhaps, it is just because most players don't want to group. I think a signficant portion of the player base sees this as a sort of Kotor III, and they are more of a single player RPG fan than a traditional MMORPGer.

God, where do I begin on such a wide subject.

Tell you what, I'll just list the things since I don't feel like writing up a long detailed message of the MANY thing wrong with this community, so here goes:

-dead silence and no socializing whatsoever unless people are asking for a heroic or flashpoint group

-people are WAY too sensitive(and that branches off to many problems in itself)

1. they abuse the ignore buttong because you said something that SLIGHTLY disagrees with them

2. They have their noses in the air thinking they're better than everyone else, and calls everyone else a wow player and to go back to that game

3. WAY too defensive of this game, despite obvious flaws

4. they cut themselves off from an already isolated community that barely socializes

-You're ALWAYS a troll, no matter what, simply because they say so.

-an argument can start from anywhere and blow itself way out of proportion in a matter of seconds because of how sensitive and over-protective these guys are of this game.

you get this jist....

Let me guess. You said something negative about the game in general or guild chat and instead of everyone agreeing with you, a bunch of people started flaming you and you got butt hurt and decided to come to the forums and whine about how the entire SWTOR community sucks. Does that about sum it up?

I start killing mobs when some dude takes the objective (to which there is quite a long wait time for the respawn) and he takes a lock box. I got him back though seeing how we were on the same quests and ignored him for future reference.

Rude impolite players exist any and everywhere. However, I've had 100x more positive experiences than negative ones so far in the game