Game Update 5.4a

EricMusco

EU primetime was supposed to be my Train Stronghold night :( 1 run away from getting it

Guess it will be for tomorrow :)

At Bioware: Sad to hear you folks have some trouble today with the server, still thank you for keeping us informed :)

I wish you folks all a wonderful evening and tomorrow I shall ride the train!

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ayup. No a/c here, damn it. I live in a very, very rural area in southern Germany. Not a whole lot of choices here. We are getting access to a new 'Net service and a different electric service. We're still (ugh, yuck, bleech) burning oil for heat.

There are some cons living here but oh, the pros :)

I wouldn''t mind hitting Germany again. I don't remember much of it, I was in Kiel once, and I remember there was beer... But not much else that I can recall. Part of my family is from Germany originally (Baden-Württemberg) plus all the history there.

So what actually broke when it was restarted this morning - the drastic errors that had to be immediately dealt with?

Harry the Hamster stopped spinning his wheel coz he could no longer cope with appalling working conditions and less then minimum wage pay.

RIP harry

Honestly, I don't care right now for a stupid codes, compensation (while yes that would be nice and well deserved), or extended CXP boost time. Just please fix the game. I just wanna play. Thank you for you work trying to get this fix but next time before you release a patch, PLEASE make sure that you have tested it and are 100% confident in it's release. But let's not get so worked up about a crappy situation. Hopefully this nonsense will get fixed soon and we'll all be able to go back to having fun playing SWTOR

This was posted well over 2 hours ago:

Game Update 5.4a | 08.31.2017, 02:14 PM

Hey folks,

That possible fix we were building is getting closer for us to begin testing. We are probably around 45-60 minutes away from that. As soon as I get information around that fix and our testing, I will let you know.

-eric

The secret to successful business and crisis management is Customer Expectations. As you can see you have done a poor job of managing them. I knew maint was occurring this morning. I was ready for it, I expected it. I jumped on before work and was able to play almost an entire hour before being kicked off for the scheduled maintenance. I went to work, fully expecting to happily play a few hours of SWTOR to relax and entertain myself, after all I get to choose where my entertainment dollar is spent and SWTOR to me is a fairly good return on investment.

Based on past performance of BW, I was expecting conquest to be reset, 2x CXP to be ended and at least 2 of my characters to be nerfed, new "features" to be introduced into FPs and OPs that made them glitchy or unplayable. I manage my expectations based on BWs past performance.

How can you improve? Actually test your code before moving it to a production environment. stress test, bug test, exploit test. Attempt to provide a good product. I would happily wait an extra week or three if you would actually provide a product that worked. You have no requirement to do that. The TOS is quite a blanket of protection for poor service and shoddy product.

Unfortunately, I have been so conditioned to accept shoddy coding bad customer service and poor story lines, I still play. My fault. Change can only be effected when people Vote with their feet and stop subscribing. I am fortunate in the fact I can afford to subscribe. I also subscribe to ESO. The updates are currently downloading and I will spend my free time there. I suspect some time tomorrow or the day after you will have this crisis sorted out enough so the game can be played. Will the Ship that doesn't move forward bug in False Emperor still be there and still be annoying? Of course it will. It would cost too much in time and effort to fix that. Loss of revenue due to that bug is not enough of an issue to worry about it at this time (or ever I expect) You make choices of how to spend your limited resources for the maximum profit. One of the reasons Emergency Patches for any issue with the Cartel Market are always implemented no matter the day of the week or the down time involved.

Please do a better job of expectation management. When you say in an Hour and are silent for over 2 people lose faith in the validity of your words.

Seems like subs should also be credited onto our account the amount of time we lost that we all paid for as thats time we all just lost as subs that we all paid for...I mean im in south east Texas right now my town is trapped no way out as we flooded was very much enjoying the cxp boost to distract myself from whats going on now cant even play lol i dont want any codes for stuff i will never use i would rather have subs get time added onto our accounts to make up for what we lost.

I once worked at a gallery where we had a lot of testy customers, to the point where they would make my colleagues cry sometimes. Our bosses always backed us up when the customers were rude to us, so it was a lot of fun when they threatened to go to our supervisors. My thing was to smile really brilliantly and say, "you do that. My full name is _____ and my supervisor is located _____. Have a great day!" It totally defuses someone when they are expecting you to cower at the threat of being reported to a boss.

Yup. I have to laugh, in the middle of doing this reply, my 'Net crapped out on me. Stormy night here, lots of lightning.

Quote: Originally Posted by Savyl

For example I've been trying all year to get one piece of gear and still haven't gotten it. Frustrating to the point where I felt like whining about it but in the end did not. Since i'm here, wish someone can explain why I can never seem to get the wrist gear.. in this case it would be called T4 armguards.

You can earn enough unassembled comps to buy your wrist piece by playing PvP. Shouldn't take more than around a hundred or so matches to get the required comps. Good luck.

Thanks but I have no idea how to PvP. I think the stress of it wouldn't be good for my heart lol. :)

While everyone is complaining about CXP.. even with all this massive CXP I still have not gotten the one MK-5 T4 armguard that I've been searching for all year.. well before searched for the lower levels of T1, T2 and T3. I got the purple piece but not the gold... so extra CXP has not helped me. I'm even wondering if the piece even exists in the crates. I'm ok with rare but not even one from any Tier level since the launch of that update all year seems a bit extreme. I thought about PvP but know I would be like a slaughtered lamb so figured I wouldn't get any parts any way. I never do Ops since I'm mostly solo.

Thanks again for your advice.

Edited by Savyl

Hilarious!

I had a similar time happen back in college when I was working at a well known global chain of department stores, which I will not declare the name of. I was working as a stock person in the paper towel and toiletry isles by myself, which is a job for three people. I was overwhelmed with trying to get the product out of the packaging and properly displayed, and I was behind schedule. My boss came up and actually had to audacity to ask me, "What's up? How're you doing?"

I stopped and smiled as best I could and replied, "I'm glad you asked, Boss." I then went on for five minutes giving her a scientific explanation for finding the direction known as "Up". She simply nodded and listened to the whole speech. When I finished, she replied, "let me guess, you need some help to get finished on time."

I smiled back and replied, "You're so smart, boss. That would be very appreciated."

She walked away, and sent 3 more workers to help me get caught up.

LOL! When asked that question, I always say: The sky. People stop asking me that question.

You really should bring some information for the GERMAN section in the forum.

Just saying because you always forget.

They don't forget.

Honestly, I guess the german speaking part of the community is so small by now that we can feel lucky the new content still gets localized...

I'm glad you don't value your time higher than that. But maybe some day when time becomes a more finite resource that view is going to change.

I'm retired (mid-sixties) and I'm still not fussed over the loss of a day of gaming. There are far worse things to be concerned about. Is it annoying? Oh hell yes but not to the level some folks here are taking it.

If (cough, cough) when the servers come back up again and there's a glitch where we all have +billion cartel coins instead of -billion cartel coins, I'm spending it, ban or or ban. It'd be worth a ban just to go down the list of things on the CM and left-click myself to death.

Is it time to fire Eric yet??

I think there are others that would need to be on the chopping block before the community manager. Sometimes it is best to amputate and tourniquet the crushed and bleeding arm before worrying about the stubbed toe.

If (cough, cough) when the servers come back up again and there's a glitch where we all have +billion cartel coins instead of -billion cartel coins, I'm spending it, ban or or ban. It'd be worth a ban just to go down the list of things on the CM and left-click myself to death.

You have a better chance of trying to Join the RL JEdi Order then that happening inside the game lol

I wouldn''t mind hitting Germany again. I don't remember much of it, I was in Kiel once, and I remember there was beer... But not much else that I can recall. Part of my family is from Germany originally (Baden-Württemberg) plus all the history there.

I live in B-W, right down near the Swiss border. And yes, there's beer. Oh aye but this area is more about wine. I really could do with a huge, corn-fed steak and a bag of Cheetos though.

I think there are others that would need to be on the chopping block before the community manager. Sometimes it is best to amputate and tourniquet the crushed and bleeding arm before worrying about the stubbed toe.

Well I only ask cause earlier he was asking us how he should do his job so ya know since we were throwing around old movie quotes and such