Game Update 5.4a

EricMusco

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Please compensate for the inconvenience by giving us ALL codes for say 450 CC. Not all of us are gonna be stalking the forum every second to get a code. And only 5 codes for CC? Come on. We're all suffering here, it's major inconvenience, we just want to play. And because you guys wanted to fix a stupid Iokath CXP glitch, you break the whole game. You know how hard it is to get to Tier 4 as it is? If you want to reward us with anything how about an unlimited use code for either some cartel coins, unassembled components or some command ranks. We don't want a stupid droid pet. That's a waste of time. And please extend the CXP boost event by another day. Thanks for taking your time to read and I hope things get sorted out soon.

Surely emailing everyone who was on at the time of the servers having the issues should be entitled to a code or CC for the compensation.

...and those who were going to play right now as their possibly only afternoon/evening/day don't deserve anything? Because they weren't on while they were at work/sleeping/helping their grandma with shopping?

Everyone who has been active this month should get some sort of compensation. Because none of us can play right now.

First, make sure you have checked my most recent status update here.

Second, I apologize if the codes are rubbing people the wrong way. They are not meant to be any kind of compensation for downtime or anything like that. Merely, we are all sitting here on the forums waiting for the issue to get resolved. In the past we have done something similar as a way for people get some bonus stuff for free while they wait. Everyone is not going to get them, but it could be a nice bonus if you do.

The first batch of 15 codes was not the "rain,' that was just the start. Normally I continually do posts like that the entire time we are down but I don't want to be pouring salt in the wound either. Tell me your feeling on this, do you want me to continue putting out codes while we are down? Or is it just making it worse?

-eric

i think it is a good thing that your are trying to help and that you are staying on top of everything and keeping us informed i myself have slow internet so if you put codes i wont get them in time lol but over the years i have come accustomed to that i just want to play the game and spend time with my friends who make me log in everyday

maybe if you put a code up everyone can use, that is monitoring this thread. Make it limited time like a hour or so, or maybe until the server is up, then turn it off if you don't want it farmed...

but ya, tossing out a few 1 time codes and leaving everyone that is slow behind, leaves salt in the wound.

What about European players? We are the worst victim of all. We work, pay for the subscription and after work we want to play. And you want to throw a few more codes to get someone to take them? Send E-mail to everyone with appropriate compensation. Have I been a subscriber for a few years and I get that kind of reward? Arrogance, ignorance and discrimination because I am from Europe?

Second, I apologize if the codes are rubbing people the wrong way. They are not meant to be any kind of compensation for downtime or anything like that. Merely, we are all sitting here on the forums waiting for the issue to get resolved. In the past we have done something similar as a way for people get some bonus stuff for free while they wait. Everyone is not going to get them, but it could be a nice bonus if you do.

The first batch of 15 codes was not the "rain,' that was just the start. Normally I continually do posts like that the entire time we are down but I don't want to be pouring salt in the wound either. Tell me your feeling on this, do you want me to continue putting out codes while we are down? Or is it just making it worse?

-eric

do you want me to continue putting out codes while we are down? Or is it just making it worse?

-eric

How could giving away free stuff make things worse? Ignore the snowflakes Eric, they're not going to be satisfied regardless of your actions. The rest of us want free stuff, so bring it on!

Even better would be if you could start up your Twitch stream and have some fun with us there. mebbe?

-eric

Imo, either everyone gets the stuff, or no one gets it. That is fair.

If you're gonna be just releasing a handful of codes, you can stop altogether, that sort of hidden "threat" to stop giving codes wont work on me, personally.

I think everyone should get a compensation because this disastrous situation demands a compensation, for all subscribers. Otherwise, you can keep the codes.

One more or one less sub wont affect you, i know, but the game is already fighting to survive. I just want to see how you guys handle this situation. You compensate, im staying, but if you frustrate and ignore the screwed people, i leave. Im not paying to be frustrated, angered, with offline servers, and with no compensation.

I value my money, and my time, if you guys dont, i'll take it elsewhere.

My humble opinion is this.

We were inconvenienced by not having the service available that we pay to have available. The least that could have done, for the players who bothered to log into the forum during this long downtime, (not to mention during an event)is to have made the code available to all during the downtime only. Then cancel the code when the servers go up. Simply due to the fact that many people are upset about the downtime not just 3. This is insult to injury. :( throw out all the codes you want but make at least one of them for all of us.

Edited by AriaHimmelberg

The codes make It worse.

My first thought was: "how incredibly generous! 450 CCs and two pets!"

then: "Why are there more than one of each code?"

then: "ffs. It's a race?"

Consistent communication is most important, and you are doing that. But if you want to do something nice for your players, wait to assess the full magnitude of the downtime, and then grant something for everyone (or at least every subscriber) that is commensurate with the outage. A mini-pet on the low end, CCs or sub extension on the high end.

My $.02.

-eric

Really?

After doing this thing with codes for years now.. you are just now realizing that it inflames more then it soothes?????????

Really?

If you cannot do a global code that all players can apply, with a 24-48 hour timeout on it... just please stop. All you are doing is poking people in the eyes with this.

"Rain is requested, rain is received. These are all unique codes (1 redeem per person), and I know there are concerns about bots. I am gonna put them into spoiler tags so that should there be bots (which I haven't seen evidence of, just fast people) they can't scrape them as easily."

EricMusco

25 codes are not exactly what I would call rain. I guess this is where the old saying "piss on me and call it rain" comes from. The game I left to play this game (world of tanks) would give subscribers 300 gold (cartel coins) every time they had an unplanned outage.

-eric

Why don't you just actually compinsate us for this disaster and actually just give us the stuff you just offered codes for to the fastest 20 people...

At this point, these First-Come-First-Served codes are more of an insult than a source of happiness.

I appreciate that you are at least trying to do something, but the 99.999999% of the community that gets nothing is going to be pissed because they already feel ripped off losing game time only to see codes that they basically never had a chance to redeem anyways, which will just make them even more pissed.

I know I feel ripped off.

Losing game time is bad enough, but to then see a few lucky fast players get goodies and the rest of us get nothing just feels like a kick in the face on top of a punch in the eye.

It´s 09:09pm here in germany.

The Servers are down for the second time this week.

The CXP Boost is passing.

What do you think will we do during the next hours while you try continue posting codes?

Its friday tomorrow. European citizens, who are waiting for hours, are going to bed, soon.

The second day this week with the servers being down during out gaming-primetime and during the 100%XP-Boost-Week.

Yes, it is like salt in out wounds to see one-time codes being posted in the freaking middle of our night!

Edited by Malycus

maybe if you put a code up everyone can use, that is monitoring this thread. Make it limited time like a hour or so, or maybe until the server is up, then turn it off if you don't want it farmed...

but ya, tossing out a few 1 time codes and leaving everyone that is slow behind, leaves salt in the wound.

True enough, I'm always slow off the buzzer and never win. It would be nice to have the elusive taunfawn. :)