Maintenance: August 31st, 2017

EricMusco

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Maybe they just thought, never mind guys! Let them have their fun while it lasts.:rak_03:

We'll see. It may be possible that they didn't found every fix they wanted to implement today, which wouldn't surprise me. Or maybe are they grinding their last bit of Iokath daily ? :rak_03:

We'll see. It may be possible that they didn't found every fix they wanted to implement today, which wouldn't surprise me. Or maybe are they grinding their last bit of Iokath daily ? :rak_03:

Well Keith did say he tried out the bug himself too. Wouldn't surprise me if devs got their naughty pants.:rak_03:

Be nice to know if I'm going to be playing this afternoon or not. Either way is fine but not knowing is making me cranky. Eh, buggerit...I'll just check later this evening.

Understandable!

Edit, just saw the servers come down in 15minutes message.:rak_03:

Edited by Eshvara

This patch is only supposed to be a hotfix for a particular exploit.

They can switch the fun off whenever they feel like it. Hopefully Keith has seen the light enough to warrant a permanent adjustment in favour of HIGHER numbers as in a BUFF.

Positive changes encourage positive attitudes. That includes class story bug fixing, hint hint.

Well Keith did say he tried out the bug himself too. Wouldn't surprise me if devs got their naughty pants.:rak_03:

Understandable!

Just got the 15 minute warning in-game. So, I guess either I got the time wrong (from GMT) or they did. Late lunch time for me. Hopefully no patching issues.

Just got the 15 minute warning in-game. So, I guess either I got the time wrong (from GMT) or they did. Late lunch time for me. Hopefully no patching issues.

Crap, you're saying that I will have to enjoy the beginning of afternoon outside, and not in a game ?

Lucky me, I already planned on doing that. :rak_03:

Still, thanks for the info :D

Hey everyone!

We will be taking the servers offline on Thursday, August 31st in order to apply Game Update 5.4a. Note that we are still actively testing this patch to ensure the fixes are working properly. We will let you know if maintenance timing changes.

Details:

DATE: 31 August 2017

TIME: 6:00AM - 8:00AM PDT (1300 - 1500 GMT)

VERSION: 5.4a

Patch Notes will be available here on Thursday. The currently planned fixes are:

• Iokath Daily Missions going back to their correct CXP rewards. (link)
  • Fixing the Umbara Stronghold Exploit. (link)
  • Ensuring players can get back to the last boss in Crisis on Umbara, even if they die to the adds.
  • Gladiopod Workers and Soldiers counting properly towards the Crisis on Umbara Achievements.
  • The defensive turrets on the train will no longer block progression if they are aggroed.

Thank you for your patience as we maintain Star Wars™: The Old Republic™!

-eric

Haha, testing, very funny, just admit that you don't test anything patch related ever.

How else could you mess the game so badly every patch?

This patch is only supposed to be a hotfix for a particular exploit.

They can switch the fun off whenever they feel like it. Hopefully Keith has seen the light enough to warrant a permanent adjustment in favour of HIGHER numbers as in a BUFF.

Positive changes encourage positive attitudes. That includes class story bug fixing, hint hint.

I'd be happy with a mid-way between the two. Seems a bit slow (CXP) in "normal" mode but I agree the bugged version is awfully fast. Not sure what I'd do with myself if I hit 300 anyway. Probably start yet another alt, knowing me. :D

I owe a big thanks to Keith if he really is the person who got the cxp values high enough to actually feel progress while leveling alts. Those raised CXP values in the missions are what encouraged me to pick up the game again and start leveling my main and various alts through the command system. Thank you for making the game feel more rewarding. :D

Crap, you're saying that I will have to enjoy the beginning of afternoon outside, and not in a game ?

Lucky me, I already planned on doing that. :rak_03:

Still, thanks for the info :D

It's POURING rain here. I mean buckets of the stuff. Water is flowing down the road (we live on a hill outside a village) and it's looking very river-like. Perfect gaming time. Chilly, rainy...but nooooooo. Maybe a nap would be in order. It is nice burrowing weather (after days of 30c, it's currently 14c).

It's POURING rain here. I mean buckets of the stuff. Water is flowing down the road (we live on a hill outside a village) and it's looking very river-like. Perfect gaming time. Chilly, rainy...but nooooooo. Maybe a nap would be in order. It is nice burrowing weather (after days of 30c, it's currently 14c).

Well, judging by the time shift between us, I think you maybe in the UK or something, which would explain why we don't get the same weather. Still, I prefer seeing sun outside of my window rather than seeing rain everywhere, even if I don't want to go out. ;)

Enjoy your nap if that's what you're going for. :rak_03:

Considering its two mins until the projected time slot for the patch I am going to take a wild guess and say something did not go or work as planned and maybe something broke whilst trying to fix the other stuff RIP but hey I wont be upset stuff happens I just hope they do not leave people in the dark :cool:

Patch Notes will be available here on Thursday. The currently planned fixes are

Ensuring players can get back to the last boss in Crisis on Umbara, even if they die to the adds.

The defensive turrets on the train will no longer block progression if they are aggroed.

-eric

Thank you. These were particularly annoying.