The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Ptach Where are thy Notes?

darthscotty

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Any news on making the Unassembled components legacy wide currency. You told us you were going to give us info about it wether yes or not will happen :(? I am sad to see it's not listed.

Pretty sure this topic went the way of "Better then X - Server" discussion, Quesh Huttball's many, many glitches or the Operative roll bug, and any "Leap" classes leap glitch conversation, in that it, will be ignored until we give up on asking them :"(

Edited by Jrbabar

Hey folks,

Game Update 5.4 patch notes are now live: http://www.swtor.com/patchnotes/8222017/game-update-5.4.

-eric

193 replies in the Unassembled Component Changes thread:

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?p=9378690

and not a single reply from Bioware and then they just push forward with the changes anyway.

Absolutely pathetic.

Ah yes, I see many a nerf. Quite significant ones in fact. Guess we'll be seeing less Operatives now.

Hey, at least the door in that one uprising is getting fixed. Silver linings in a hessian sack.

When in doubt nerf all the things. Working as intended.

193 replies in the Unassembled Component Changes thread:

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?p=9378690

and not a single reply from Bioware and then they just push forward with the changes anyway.

10 months into 5.0 that topic says everything that needs to be said by the powers that be. Which is the current gearing system is here to stay with some very minor adjustments made to look like change is happening: i.e. busy work.

Changes to Un Assembled Components is literally adding more to the weekly by subtracting from the daily. The Class changes consist shaving off a few points from utilities.

We are communicated to only in terms possible changes and what it takes to make those changes. We are given info how those changes occur and how they might occur yet never hard commitments.

For example issues like server mergers and adding weapons to outfit tabs. We were told how and what it would take for those events to happen. However those issues require staff and resources. Something the current team may not have.

Other issues like increasing gear currencies and experience maybe out of their hands, as the longer it takes one to gear and level, the more subscription time the player must purchase.

Edited by jimmorrisson

Other issues like increasing gear currencies and experience maybe out of their hands, as the longer it takes one to gear and level, the more subscription time the player must purchase.

That only works so far.

I was subbed (see my Sig) but once I realised that the CXP Grindathon was just a Korean Uber-Grind with a Star Wars badge I unsubbed.

If I want to play a Korean Uber-Grind (and I don't) there are many F2P ones to chose from - why would I be dumb enough to pay Bioware to play one?

Heck, I could go play Wildstar for the end-game grind, and it has WAY better combat than Star Wars.

All The Best

Edited by DarthSpuds

Not sure the point of nerfing Bestia XP. my guess is the only reason this is being done is because fewer people are paying Cartel Coins for 65 boosts. Still it gets people to group up together so why the nerf?

But, we can play and level as we like ... as long as the devs agree with it.

We are communicated to only in terms possible changes and what it takes to make those changes. We are given info how those changes occur and how they might occur yet never hard commitments.

For example issues like server mergers and adding weapons to outfit tabs. We were told how and what it would take for those events to happen.

However those issues require staff and resources. Something the current team may not have.

Just wanted to add I appreciate those inside baseball posts by current producer Keith and Eric - including the data center moves and reasons behind East Coast Server server queues.

Edited by jimmorrisson

Not sure the point of nerfing Bestia XP. my guess is the only reason this is being done is because fewer people are paying Cartel Coins for 65 boosts. Still it gets people to group up together so why the nerf?

That's a good point I hadn't considered...that's pretty greedy, making game changes because people aren't spending enough in the Cartel Market for a specific item...I love starting characters from lvl 1 and have never used my free boosts, let alone would ever spend money to skip content, but I guess I'm doing it wrong! :(

Time for people to step up and make their own game, that way they can decide how they level in it!

The funny thing about this is, when you look at the actual swtor team and what it has done for the past nine months, its almost as if there are more people in an independant game studio than there is in BW's studio for swtor. But that's just my opinion :D

More Skadge sacrifices are needed! Our Lord Ptach provided us with the beloved patch-notes but has forsaken us by delaying the actual patch!

O GREAT LORD PTACH, HEAR OUR PLEA, RELEASE UMBARA BUG-FREE! *sacrifices a few Kaliyos, Thana Veshs, Tanno Viks, and Broonmarks along with every Skadge ever*

Maybe that'll finally fix the darn cathar skin color bug. *eye twitch*

Edit: A Skadge love thread? ...well okay then. XD

Edited by Jagaimee