Skank Tank or Shank Tank imbalance

Caeliuxrules

• Replies 317
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So far we have, well nerf everyone then tank will be ok.

Or tank is fine move on.

Or I was forced to go dps tank due to it not being viable in PVP in full tank gear.

Whats going to happen people when they actually fix the problem that has existed and tanks actually can be a meat shield once again?

Js.

What will happen.... A tank will walk the ball to the end zone with 5 dps raging on him, tank will guard a node for ten minutes by himself making node taking impossible, every arena will go to acid, Odessa the tank will keep a square with 6 DPS hammering him..... But hey at least the dps will be knocked down by 200-500 DPS but at least the PVP community would be happy...... Edited by Glocko

What will happen.... A tank will walk the ball to the end zone with 5 dps raging on him, tank will guard a node for ten minutes by himself making node taking impossible, every arena will go to acid, Odessa the tank will keep a square with 6 DPS hammering him..... But hey at least the dps will be knocked down by 200-500 DPS but at least the PVP community would be happy......

Then kill the healer and focus. What used to happen. 😊

What will happen.... A tank will walk the ball to the end zone with 5 dps raging on him, tank will guard a node for ten minutes by himself making node taking impossible, every arena will go to acid, Odessa the tank will keep a square with 6 DPS hammering him..... But hey at least the dps will be knocked down by 200-500 DPS but at least the PVP community would be happy......
Yes, sounds like my typical experience when fighting a merc in 5.x.

Yes, sounds like my typical experience when fighting a merc in 5.x.

Merc is godly strong no kidding.

Still remains, tank needs some love little bit, but not nothing crazy. Fix some of the defensive stats up, and apply some better mitigation for pvp.

Ps. Skank tank damage is crazy, 20k to 25k crit bombs, as well being able to tank is imbalanced gameplay Bioware.

You have created a monster in pvp with Skank tanks.

@Musco Hey I know you mentioned it on the video with Snave. So where is this fix you and the combat team knows needs fixed man?

Edited by Caeliux

So you assume that the 8 players in the top 30 that play assasin, powertech, or jugg are all playing tank....So what is the except able number of jugs, assassins and powerts in the top 30.. I guess that number is zero.... They surely can't be playing a dps spec..... Not a one.. And since it appears sorts can pull a 2600 on the leaderboards all sorcs need a serious nerf Edited by Glocko

So you assume that the 8 players in the top 30 that play assasin, powertech, or jugg are all playing tank....So what is the except able number of jugs, assassins and powerts in the top 30.. I guess that number is zero.... They surely can't be playing a dps spec..... Not a one.. And since it appears sorts can pull a 2600 on the leaderboards all sorcs need a serious nerf

Far as Jug or PT, yes skank.

Sin and Shadow I assume is a mix between few dps and few skanks.

Point being, you asked me to name one skank tank ranked, and I did.

Not sure what you are pointing out, the obvious?

The obvious is skank tank in this season, and in this patch 5.4 is a problem of imbalance in the game.

Bioware knows it, we all KNOW it, so until they actually fix the problems of stats not being good for tank to be a real tank in pvp, and being pretty much useless, then we are going to have dps tanks imbalancing the game until then.

Like most people have said, why gear for a real tank when a dps tank is better.

Those that play tank in pvp don't have a choice but to go skank, and its because of bioware not balancing the game properly....

Edited by Caeliux

Far as Jug or PT, yes skank.

Sin and Shadow I assume is a mix between few dps and few skanks.

Point being, you asked me to name one skank tank ranked, and I did.

Not sure what you are pointing out, the obvious?

The obvious is skank tank in this season, and in this patch 5.4 is a problem of imbalance in the game.

Bioware knows it, we all KNOW it, so until they actually fix the problems of stats not being good for tank to be a real tank in pvp, and being pretty much useless, then we are going to have dps tanks imbalancing the game until then.

Like most people have said, why gear for a real tank when a dps tank is better.

Those that play tank in pvp don't have a choice but to go skank, and its because of bioware not balancing the game properly....

What these hypocrits don't realize is that real tank will always be useless in ranked PVP even if they fix tank stats and make them super viable in PVP too.

The reason ? Because in solo ranked they won't always have a healer to keep them alive and unless they make them super/hyper durable, they will be killed fast by DPS. You just cannot survive as a real tank with tank stats for PVP... And not to mention the fact that you won't be able to do any meaningful DPS as a real tank either which in 4vs4 arena will also make you more useless.

So yes. skank tank is the only option for PVP now and in the future ? Don't like it ? Well.. you'd better get used it. I hate skanks too.. but I see no other way for these people if they want to tank in PVP, especially in ranked arenas.

What these hypocrits don't realize is that real tank will always be useless in ranked PVP even if they fix tank stats and make them super viable in PVP too.

The reason ? Because in solo ranked they won't always have a healer to keep them alive and unless they make them super/hyper durable, they will be killed fast by DPS. You just cannot survive as a real tank with tank stats for PVP... And not to mention the fact that you won't be able to do any meaningful DPS as a real tank either which in 4vs4 arena will also make you more useless.

So yes. skank tank is the only option for PVP now and in the future ? Don't like it ? Well.. you'd better get used it. I hate skanks too.. but I see no other way for these people if they want to tank in PVP, especially in ranked arenas.

Your wrong, tank could work if tanks was adjusted properly.

Solo ranked is a lottery, regs is a scrimmage.

4s team ranked is endgame since 8 man was taken away. Problem is nobody wants to do 4s cause people can't fight adversity dealing with people who are either good at it, or fact of certain comps like for instance triple pt being a tough comp to beat as a example.

So by your logic you think solo is the judge of not improving tanks cause you think it be useless?

Main fact is no tank class should be able to wear Dps gear at all. That's a fact, not some myth. Bioware has known this problem and still hasn't done nothing about it.

Your wrong, tank could work if tanks was adjusted properly.

Solo ranked is a lottery, regs is a scrimmage.

4s team ranked is endgame since 8 man was taken away. Problem is nobody wants to do 4s cause people can't fight adversity dealing with people who are either good at it, or fact of certain comps like for instance triple pt being a tough comp to beat as a example.

So by your logic you think solo is the judge of not improving tanks cause you think it be useless?

Main fact is no tank class should be able to wear Dps gear at all. That's a fact, not some myth. Bioware has known this problem and still hasn't done nothing about it.

I don't see how that could work. Can you elaborate ?

I don't see how that could work. Can you elaborate ?

Its simple. Tank mitigation that defense rating is giving needs to be tied directly from the shield equipped. Meaning the tank specs needs a overhaul completely to provide actual mitigation for pvp. ATM the current stat of tanks is useless in pvp far as a meat shield is concerned.

Sure a high HP tank takes longer to kill, but there is problems that exist for jug and pt where shadow actually is given a boost cause its still categorized as a light armor class in the spec itself.

The absorb and shield rating either needs adjusted or put in use for tanks better. No crit for max tanks needs to happen.

As well tanks should least have one offensive move even in full tank gear that does damage due to maybe a high defense rating.

Tanks should not be able to mix a match Dps gear, its imbalanced if game allows a tank to be able to hybrid itself.

Bottom line is this fix should of been done years ago, there needs to be fixes to pt and jug tanks to equal the mitigation sin tanks has. As well offering a stable defense with some fine tuned offensive moves to make the class unique being a tank.

ATM, these Skank tanks is imbalancing the game, nobody wants to do 4s cause of it, nobody wants to gear as a full tank cause of it, the game is now a complete slug fest of healer and Skank tank premades.

Its a abomination of bioware allowing this to happen.

Edited by Caeliux

Main fact is no tank class should be able to wear Dps gear at all. That's a fact, not some myth.
How is that a fact?

I've got some facts as well. Fact: (long-duration) stealth should not exist in PvP. Fact: healers should require their team's support to survive even one DPS.

Pretty much this. Even if BW overhauled combat mechanics such that defensive stats were worth taking, they would still need to overhaul tanks to do something other than DPS. The cooldowns on most of their non-damage abilities are just too long, and the abilities which have low or no cooldown have too high a resource cost for what they do. Edited by Ansultares

Its simple. Tank mitigation that defense rating is giving needs to be tied directly from the shield equipped. Meaning the tank specs needs a overhaul completely to provide actual mitigation for pvp. ATM the current stat of tanks is useless in pvp far as a meat shield is concerned.

Sure a high HP tank takes longer to kill, but there is problems that exist for jug and pt where shadow actually is given a boost cause its still categorized as a light armor class in the spec itself.

The absorb and shield rating either needs adjusted or put in use for tanks better. No crit for max tanks needs to happen.

As well tanks should least have one offensive move even in full tank gear that does damage due to maybe a high defense rating.

Tanks should not be able to mix a match Dps gear, its imbalanced if game allows a tank to be able to hybrid itself.

Bottom line is this fix should of been done years ago, there needs to be fixes to pt and jug tanks to equal the mitigation sin tanks has. As well offering a stable defense with some fine tuned offensive moves to make the class unique being a tank.

ATM, these Skank tanks is imbalancing the game, nobody wants to do 4s cause of it, nobody wants to gear as a full tank cause of it, the game is now a complete slug fest of healer and Skank tank premades.

Its a abomination of bioware allowing this to happen.

Why should tanks not be allowed to dps? While I agree tank stats aren't very enticing and should be buffed, I don't see why it's a "fact" that tanks should be purely protection bots who guard and taunt. That is an extremely boring play style. On the other hand, exceptional players can showcase their talent on tank classes right now by not only correctly managing their tools for protection and cc, but also maintaining high damage while doing that. I think your proposal would dumb down the role, and I'm not sure that's as good of a thing as you seem to think it is.

TL: DR Please stop calling your opinion of what a tank should do in pvp a fact

Edited by Jake_Chambers

Why should tanks not be allowed to dps?

TL: DR Please stop calling your opinion of what a tank should do in pvp a fact

Tank = meat shield, not meat shield with a sharp sword.

Its game imbalance allowing hybrid tanks be able to be used in a trinity game.

Just because you and others enjoy it, don't mean it isn't a broken system, even Bioware knows it.

Truth of matter is, its a game changer allowing such reckless abandonment on class balance when it come to it, and until this fix happens PVP in this game will continue to be a slug fest of skank tanks and healers.

Edited by Caeliux

Tank = meat shield, not meat shield with a sharp sword.

Its game imbalance allowing hybrid tanks be able to be used in a trinity game.

Just because you and others enjoy it, don't mean it isn't a broken system, even Bioware knows it.

Truth of matter is, its a game changer allowing such reckless abandonment on class balance when it come to it, and until this fix happens PVP in this game will continue to be a slug fest of skank tanks and healers.

Just because you spam the forums with your opinion of what a tank should do doesn't mean bioware or anyone should pay attention to you. If you want to actually look at class balance look at sniper 5.0 healing utils and ruthless aggressor.

Just because you spam the forums with your opinion of what a tank should do doesn't mean bioware or anyone should pay attention to you.

Ain't we the people who pay for the sub or even subscribe to the content to be exactly what we paid for, or has the population like yourself completely given up on plain facts even as remotely as fixing tanks for PVP should be a addressed issue? The combat team themselves took away hybrid skills trees over imbalance, and cut and dry made classes to have roles. If I am not mistaken the tank tree follows the suit of absorb and shield rating, not power, not crit, not alacrity.

So instead of smacking the messenger (me) about the fact of imbalance of PVP tanks wearing dps gear, why not comment at all unless you have some hardcore evidence the system is ok with the abomination.

Cause all I got so far is "Since tank gear is irrelevant, I am going to hybrid dps a tank to fluff damage until then"

Or the big elephant in the room "Long as I can do it, who cares"

If you want to actually look at class balance look at sniper 5.0 healing utils and ruthless aggressor.

You're talking semantics, about a personal opinion on other classes that needs tuned, so this comment you care strongly about right?

Why can't I care about tanks?

Fair enough?

Edited by Caeliux