The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

TOR Wins game of the year

Jett-Rinn

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How does a game that has only been released 11 days before the end of 2011 win Game of the Year? This is like Obama winning the Nobel Peace Prize. I call bullsnot. The guy in charge of picking those games must have been a serious fanboy.

Wouldn't it be ironic if the 2011 game of the year flopped?

I've been missing out. I've been paid to write reviews, but never given any kind of bonus for writing positive ones. I need to start getting in on this mysterious abundance of cash lying around to pay everyone off.

didnt you know, its a global conspiracy

if a game someone likes gets a good review its fair and unbiased

if a game someone dislikes gets a good review the reviewers have been paid for it

forum logic ftw!

Game reviews thus far--

5/5 G4TV

95 Ausgamers

93 PCGamer

92 3DJuegos

90 Gamereactor

90 Vandal Online

90 Cheat Code Central

90 XGN

90 Gamers.at

89 VentureBeat

88 Ten Ton Hammer

80 Guardian

80 Gameblog.fr

80 Eurogamer Italy

The forums are not a valid location to determine approval for a game. Most people playing this game don't even know there's a forum to use, much less use it to channel their juvenile raqe about a game that's only been out for a week and people expect it to have the polish and content level of a game out for seven years.

Not bad, not bad at all :)

didnt you know, its a global conspiracy

if a game someone likes gets a good review its fair and unbiased

if a game someone dislikes gets a good review the reviewers have been paid for it

forum logic ftw!

I usually don't get into conspiracy mode but....the Annual NFL Madden reviews make me wonder sometimes...

There is no chance in hell TOR will get game of the year from any reputable source. There have been too many truly amazing games this year, Skyrim, Uncharted, Arkham city, Skyward Sword, Portal 2...

I mean seriously...msnbc. Might as well be cooking.com giving the goty award. LOL

Have any legitimate news sources given it any awards? No.

I wouldn't take this seriously guy's. No way this game deserves Game Of the Year.

says who ?

SWTOR can take the game of the year award

it is the first MMO that hitted 88+ at metacritic scores. SO yeah it is possible to win Game Of The Year (do not compare only to the 90+ sandbox games but with other MMOs also)

Metacritic Swtor Scores 89

Funny how a game released in the last couple of weeks of a year can be game of the year. But then the stupidity of mankind has ceased to amaze me a long time ago.

Rofl. I like how the Player rating (you know, the guys that are most important for a gaming company) is 6/10.

It's like cultural movies. No one goes to theaters to watch them but they keep winning Cannes awards.

Edited by Chomag

MSNBC...

When is the last time anyone cared about their opinion?

Especially about games.

That's like me listening to that Total Biscuit podcast and not tasting the sell out SWTOR propaganda it was laced with.