The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Who else is happy this is more single player with mmo aspects.

darthjerro

I know i am.

For all you ppl crying " but its a single player game " , what exactly is wow? DO you group with 10 ppl and do quests. That games world is so barren, youd be lucky to see a single soul while leveling.

And im not quite sure about you ppl, but as ive mentioned before, i work with / around poeple everyday, im getting sick of them, why the hell would i need to talk to them in a video game?

If your social skills are so bad that the only social outlet you get is in a game, then i am truelly sorry for you.

Having a thriving economy , being able to group with whoever i want whenever i want, with the luxury of questing solo ( cause lets face it, the only person you can honestly rely on is yourself, you move at your own speed, you know how you want to do things ) is awesome. No need to ever rely on anyone else.

O i do plenty of flashpoints and i see FIRSTHAND what happens when you need to rely on others to help you out........Big Fat FAIL....

Like i read somewhere else, if i had 150 million to make a game, this is the sort of game i would make. IT wouldnt require you to group or quest together, but the option is there.

Bravo BW , what a gem of a game. For all you soicalizers that cant go a day without talking **** in trade / guild or basically using computer games as your form of facebook......

<-----------------------WOW is that way ( and dont let the door hit you on the way out )

I sometimes forget I am playing a MMO the story about my bounty hunter is so good. That said this is a hybrid and while I can see nothing wrong with a hybrid it does seem to need some more MMO features for end game. But thats just my thoughts.

@OP:

This game is no less social than any other MMO out there. This means it's completely up to the player how they want to spend their time in-game, and with falshpoints, operations, heroic areas, etc., there are plenty of opportunities to socialize with others. In other words, this isn't as much single player-like as you make it out to be. I spend the majority of the time interacting with others in some way.

Anyway, I reject your thoughts on this game, even though you're talking about liking it. You talk of feeling sorry for others who love socializing in-game, well, if you're playing this game entirely solo, then I feel sorry for YOU.

I'm happy with it so far and will be sticking around but then I've enjoyed Bioware games since baldur's gate and $15 dollars a month each really isn't much to me at all for the enjoyment me and my family are getting. Edited by Fyuria

because its a mediocre singleplayer game. A single player RPG should be on ME standards, this is not.

Its also not a decent MMO, its too linear, it feels empty, it lacks features, it feels single player.

ITs neither one nor the other and fails because of that. Its not a bad game, but its not exceptional at anything. its strickly a middle of the road compromise.

I was going to make a thread on this exact topic. Only it was going to be more caustic. I love the fact that this is like a single player game with a constant multiplayer option. Plus, I get a companion to simulate multiplayer without the problem of rude and imbecilic behavior.

IFor all you ppl crying " but its a single player game " , what exactly is wow? DO you group with 10 ppl and do quests. That games world is so barren, youd be lucky to see a single soul while leveling.

Fast forward this game 7 years (if it lasts that long) and let me know how many people are out leveling in the world.

Fast forward this game 7 years (if it lasts that long) and let me know how many people are out leveling in the world.

You do know that in 7 years , hell, in 1 year , this game is going to evolve into an awesome mmo right.

To all you nay sayers, begone. You dont like, go back to doing whatever it was you where doing.

FREE MONTH...HURRY THE HELL UP

You do know that in 7 years , hell, in 1 year , this game is going to evolve into an awesome mmo right.

To all you nay sayers, begone. You dont like, go back to doing whatever it was you where doing.

FREE MONTH...HURRY THE HELL UP

Well said, I'm interested in how it pans out after the free month is over and done with.

meh, I for one liked having to party with others in FFXI to level up. playing with others is what makes an MMO fun in my opinion. I know I can party in swtor but what's the point? Socal points? meh...

I feel no addiction towards this game AT ALL. it may seem cool to you not having to depend on others so it's perfect for you, but for me.. it's the opposite =\

alone in an MMO = no fun to me. would rather just play a better single player game. but i'll give it till the end of the free trial, maybe endgame will be better than story story story story story story story, aka: spacebar spacebar spacebar spacebar spacebar @.@

I totally agree with OP. I love the fact that there are players to interact with if I so choose to do so and there is the option to play totally by myself (and completely succeed). I have enjoyed the FP's that I have played in, made a couple of good friends and truly enjoyed the "MMO" part of it. I have done some PvP, which was fun, and overall enjoyed it.

I am not sure I understand those who cry about this not being MMO enough. Yes, the solo quests are VERY story driven and can be done completely solo. But that is a CHOICE you make. If you CHOOSE to play solo, don't complain about the game not having MMO elements. You can choose, however, to play with a friend or some complete random stranger.

Of course, people complain that because of the phasing of the starting areas there isn't many people to play with. Not sure I agree with this, but then again, I have never had to deal with it. I have never had to wait for a server queue but haven't ever had a problem finding a group.

ToR is a very different type of MMO that has a great single-player aspect to it, IF YOU SO CHOOSE TO!!! But don't claim that it is a single player game. It is NOT. Don't claim that it is missing core MMO components. It does NOT. Simply take the game as it is and move on. If you don't want to play it, then don't. If you do, then do.

7 years? Gimme 3 weeks fast forward so guys like you and Gneticcrabslapper or whatever his name is are gone!!:D

Edited by Mashy

Actually I have been having a great time doing everything solo so far...ha get it.. SOLO.. ok that was bad...

I love the companions!!:D

I haven't done any flashpoints or heroic things yet and have several different characters going on different servers (17, 13, 11 and few 1 and 2 levels0 and I am having a great time so far. I hope the quests keep me leveling up without having to grind away someplace. :D

Becuase it was advertised as a mmo... so no im not happy that its a giant single player game with "some" mmo aspects and those mmo aspects are severely lacking.

And try and make a wow troll post harder your failing.

Cool, i guess i wont see you after 2 weeks then, bye. I think ill know where to find you though if i ever need some of your negativity.

Whats severly lacking? Its kotor, made 100x better,what more could i ask for?

Becuase it was advertised as a mmo... so no im not happy that its a giant single player game with "some" mmo aspects and those mmo aspects are severely lacking.

If you want to be forced to get into full groups all the time and grind, grind, grind to make very little progress and take two years of constant playing to get to level cap, the EQ1 servers are still up and running. You should go there since that is what you seek.

And it is.

Why do people seem to think MMO = must play in a group and have people near by at all times?

The game is what it is. Not sure why people are arguing so much over labels - MMO or single player game with multi-player aspects unctions or whatever other label you want to try to put on it. These are just labels and basically a matter of opinion. Label the game however you want, it has absolutely no impact on the actual game itself.