Quarterly Producer Letter for Q2 2024 ×

Unassembled Component Changes in 5.4

EricMusco

Its hard for me to trace it back now as I dont have the data on when i got what, but as soon as the unassembled component system came all I did was GSF and that on 2 characters, 1 rep side, 1 imp side. Keep in mind that a GSF win gives you 10 components, on match is 8-15 minutes so in 4 hours you can get as much as 16 maches, but depends on a lot of things, which nets u 160 components a day if you win them all (not including daily and weekly). I always did daily on both toons and then sticked to the side where i was getting pops. Components became available at the end of January so do the math how much you could have gotten till now, just from playing GSF.

I had a toon on harbinger when i stopped getting pops after midnight or 1 am to swap over there. I was doing GSF for achievements and i transfered a toon to harbinger every day (and then back) to keep achievements updated. So i was getting achievements and gear at the same time, it was great!

I then ran a few HMs just to get the 242 gear piece i want and upgraded it, even now i still have 3 242 pieces on my Merc waiting for enough components to get them to 248, but im waiting on the class changes so i dont gear the class that gets nerfed again. I am at almost 1k components on the 2 toons now.

That's all well and good what you did but present the math ... you must know what gear costs, how fast you earn the currencies (as utterly convoluted as they are now) etc.

So let's see ... roughly 36 weeks since launch of 5.0 and 36 * 12 = 432 hours.

That would mean you managed to fully gear each toon to 248 in ~108 hours of gameplay per toon?

Noting that the faster gains we get now weren't in effect at launch (and for quite some time after), you couldn't gear through ops for a long time and you couldn't get to 248 until tier 4 actually dropped.

• Replies 196
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey folks,

As we have mentioned a few times over the past couple of weeks, we are planning some Unassembled Component changes in GU 5.4. This thread is to outline the exact changes you can expect. We had a few goals we wanted to focus on:

• Increase the overall Components a character can get each week via Missions.
  • Increase incentive for Ranked Warzones to increase participation and to ensure it is being properly rewarded compared to unranked.
  • Shift some of the rewards from the Daily Missions into Weekly Missions so it is less punishing if you miss a day.

With that in mind, here are the specifics!

Unranked - Overall, Component rewards earned per week unchanged.

• Daily Mission: Now rewards 10 Components, down from 12.
  • Weekly Mission: Now rewards 54 Components, up from 40.

Ranked - Large changes were made here to really amp up the value of Ranked Missions.

• Solo Daily: Now rewards 15 Components, down from 16.
  • Solo Weekly: Now rewards 100 Components, up from 30.
  • Group Daily: Now rewards 30 Components, up from 20.
  • Group Weekly: Now rewards 200 Components, up from 60.

It is worth noting that the Command XP values of almost all of these Missions have also been buffed. The same is true of the Ranked Season Tokens that you earn from the Ranked Missions. Those are the Mission changes you can expect for Ranked and Unranked coming in 5.4. Thanks everyone.

-eric

So basically you guys want everyone to do ranked arenas. Poo poo on that not cause it's ranked but because its arena. What a waste of game resources. Bring back 8 v8 ranked and I'll be more than happy to do ranked. Otherwise no thank you

So basically you guys want everyone to do ranked arenas. Poo poo on that not cause it's ranked but because its arena. What a waste of game resources. Bring back 8 v8 ranked and I'll be more than happy to do ranked. Otherwise no thank you

+ 1 for bringing back 8v8 ranked

Ranked is all Arenas, right?

Screw that. I hate 4v4. I much prefer real pvp (Hypergate, Novare Coast, Alderaan Civil War, Voidstar, and to a lesser extent Odessan) so not touching ranked no matter how good the rewards are.

exactly

my desire to ever try Ranked is zero because of

a) the above - an occasional Arena? fine, but always? no way, no sir

b) this elusive toxicity that is always mentioned in the PvP forums

I found a really nice quote from under-geared player who took a step into ranked (for whatever reason, but he needs these tokens)

Prepare to see dozens of players like him in 5.4 :p

And now prepare for all the dedicated ranked players to start raging about all the 'scrubs' queuing for ranked and ending up on their teams, hurting their win:loss ratio.

That's all well and good what you did but present the math ... you must know what gear costs, how fast you earn the currencies (as utterly convoluted as they are now) etc.

So let's see ... roughly 36 weeks since launch of 5.0 and 36 * 12 = 432 hours.

That would mean you managed to fully gear each toon to 248 in ~108 hours of gameplay per toon?

Noting that the faster gains we get now weren't in effect at launch (and for quite some time after), you couldn't gear through ops for a long time and you couldn't get to 248 until tier 4 actually dropped.

I am sorry I would love to present you with details but i dont have them. I have to say I was lucky with 248s from crates on my Merc and Sentinel, I got around 5 pieces that I missed directly from crates, but on Assasin (the only other 300 rank) I got litterly 0 of 248s, rest of the toons is below rank 10. Here is a screen from google doc which I have for my toons Gear

Besides that i have currently 6 various 242s on my 2 toons, which are 900+ on components and Ill have to buy something soon or ill be at cap. My toons also have left side but only Merc, Assasin, Sentinel (imp toons are below not in picture). Its no problem to buy 246s for them anyway. At start we farmed CXP to get to top rank, then I farmed chapters even at work (in morning and during lunch) to get to rank 300 on the 3 toons I will be using. I basically did nothing but gearing due to the lack of time I had. But I was after GSF achievements and that came in handy as GSF rewarded lots of CXP and Components.

I am sorry I would love to present you with details but i dont have them. I have to say I was lucky with 248s from crates on my Merc and Sentinel, I got around 5 pieces that I missed directly from crates, but on Assasin (the only other 300 rank) I got litterly 0 of 248s, rest of the toons is below rank 10. Here is a screen from google doc which I have for my toons Gear

Besides that i have currently 6 various 242s on my 2 toons, which are 900+ on components and Ill have to buy something soon or ill be at cap. My toons also have left side but only Merc, Assasin, Sentinel (imp toons are below not in picture). Its no problem to buy 246s for them anyway. At start we farmed CXP to get to top rank, then I farmed chapters even at work (in morning and during lunch) to get to rank 300 on the 3 toons I will be using. I basically did nothing but gearing due to the lack of time I had. But I was after GSF achievements and that came in handy as GSF rewarded lots of CXP and Components.

Like I said, I don't disbelieve you are geared as you say but I don't believe in the 12 hours a week part. The last time I ran the math (was around the time the UCs were introduced I think) you were still looking at a couple of 100 hours just to get max rank to start earning max gear, not sure how much this has changed but like I said that slow speed initially would have to be factored in to being able to get 4 full 248's since 5.0 dropped @ 12 hours per week.

12 hours per week per toon I could believe of course but not legacy wide.

So how far down the road will we get a letter to the players stating that this change to the coms was a success, because look at the numbers, more people than ever are playing ranked?

Something like 'PvP is an in game success!!! The developers knew it would work, because they know more than the players what they want and how they should play the game to enjoy it!'

Now for the next evil twist, in 6.0 instead of coms you will get a reward box with a random item in it, sometimes even coms for upgrades! Because random is fun!

The bolded part they already did back when the game was fresh, ever heard of what was Warlord warcommnader something

Turn in x number of PvP comms for a box you might get a piece, you might not, you might get same piece 20-30 times in a row it was so much fun

Edited by Atalantia

Like I said, I don't disbelieve you are geared as you say but I don't believe in the 12 hours a week part. The last time I ran the math (was around the time the UCs were introduced I think) you were still looking at a couple of 100 hours just to get max rank to start earning max gear, not sure how much this has changed but like I said that slow speed initially would have to be factored in to being able to get 4 full 248's since 5.0 dropped @ 12 hours per week.

12 hours per week per toon I could believe of course but not legacy wide.

Takes 16 hours to get to 300. All you need to do is run 100 MM Athsis/HS fp's with a boost. (Doing nothing else but that mind you.)

Edited by Chelz

Takes 16 hours to get to 300. All you need to do is run 100 MM Athsis/HS fp's with a boost. (Doing nothing else but that mind you.)

Going off old info perhaps from Dulfy but does it not take 1.23 million CXP to hit 300 or was that also nerfed (crap system made better is still a crap system so I gave up caring or partaking in it)?

So that's 12,300 CXP per FP run more or less?

Also isn't that like 9.6 minutes per MM run ...???

Edited by MeNaCe-NZ

Yeah, I may have been invested in the game prior to 4.0, but with everything that has happened since then? There is no way I'd bother doing that when BioWare will just move the goalposts.

Also, per toon. So get 26 alts to 70, then grind per toon to 300 just aint going to happen on my end. Ever. I'll play something else instead of doing the mind-numbingly boring things like that. This is coming from someone who killed all the Bormu for the achievement, among many other achievements. I can grind as long as there is something actually on the end of the stick, but the RNG gearing thing for a long grind? Forget it.

Edited by Transcendent

Yeah, I may have been invested in the game prior to 4.0, but with everything that has happened since then? There is no way I'd bother doing that when BioWare will just move the goalposts.

Also, per toon. So get 26 alts to 70, then grind per toon to 300 just aint going to happen on my end. Ever. I'll play something else instead of doing the mind-numbingly boring things like that. This is coming from someone who killed all the Bormu for the achievement, among many other achievements. I can grind as long as there is something actually on the end of the stick, but the RNG gearing thing for a long grind? Forget it.

Sentinel/Marauder

Gunslinger/Sniper

DPS Guardian/Juggernaut

Tank G/J

DPS Shadow/Assassin

Tank S/A

DPS Vanguard/Powertech

Tank V/P

DPS Scoundrel/Operative

Healer S/O

DPS Commando/Mercenary

Healer C/M

DPS Sage/Sorceror

Healer S/S

14 gear sets, max. Pain in the rectal region, but not as bad as 26 - and may be much easier if you don't actually play every set bonus. Crafting the 246s for left side is more painful. But you don't need to actually get every toon to 300. Use legacy gear. If you do ops, upgrade your ops-running toons using the 242/246 drops, and use their 236/242 shells plus UCs to get 242s/248s for your alts.

Yes, it's more painful than it has to be, by far. But not *quite* as painful as it appears to be at a glance.

Sentinel/Marauder

Gunslinger/Sniper

DPS Guardian/Juggernaut

Tank G/J

DPS Shadow/Assassin

Tank S/A

DPS Vanguard/Powertech

Tank V/P

DPS Scoundrel/Operative

Healer S/O

DPS Commando/Mercenary

Healer C/M

DPS Sage/Sorceror

Healer S/S

14 gear sets, max. Pain in the rectal region, but not as bad as 26 - and may be much easier if you don't actually play every set bonus. Crafting the 246s for left side is more painful. But you don't need to actually get every toon to 300. Use legacy gear. If you do ops, upgrade your ops-running toons using the 242/246 drops, and use their 236/242 shells plus UCs to get 242s/248s for your alts.

Yes, it's more painful than it has to be, by far. But not *quite* as painful as it appears to be at a glance.

It's OCD, I like every character to have their own set of gear. No idea why, but even if I just went legacy gear and 14 sets, that is far too much to bother with under the current gearing regime BioWare slapped on players.

Why didn't they just buff everything? Why nerf any dailies? Why are these designers so dead set on punishing their player base?

The population flatline is about to take yet another dip I'm sure.

BW is all about punishment and no reward.

Anything that is fun .. nerf to death.

I wish that they just got the courage to kill the game properly, rather than killing it with thousands of little cuts.

Sentinel/Marauder

Gunslinger/Sniper

DPS Guardian/Juggernaut

Tank G/J

DPS Shadow/Assassin

Tank S/A

DPS Vanguard/Powertech

Tank V/P

DPS Scoundrel/Operative

Healer S/O

DPS Commando/Mercenary

Healer C/M

DPS Sage/Sorceror

Healer S/S

Depends if they are all on the same server or not

Going off old info perhaps from Dulfy but does it not take 1.23 million CXP to hit 300 or was that also nerfed (crap system made better is still a crap system so I gave up caring or partaking in it)?

So that's 12,300 CXP per FP run more or less?

Also isn't that like 9.6 minutes per MM run ...???

Every master fp run can be around 13k, 14k cxp per

With a guildie we can do Red Reaper in like 8, 9 minutes with stealth classes, depending how lucky/unlucky we are with root adds in last boss. Those are 3 bosses and not a single trash kill and that's a rather small instance. I don't know how you can do Athiss/Hammer station with non stealthers in around the same time...:confused:

I like trying to give ranked war zones an incentive. But a lack of unassembled is not whats lacking in order to get ranked going. If you want to see more players doing ranked i suggest the Following: Before the season starts announce the start and end of the season. And all rewards and their cost. And when it comes to the rewards try and make them leet. Typically when you farm something as competitive as ranked there's a payoff at the end. People should feel rewarded. The top tier rewards should be more unique then anything you plan on releasing in the cartel market that year. Make group ranked slightly better than solo ranked rewards. Try to fit a complete class balance abilities + utilities by at least mid season. Actively punish and remove hackers. Why do you let them return? Why would people want to farm the highest tier if you're going to give the best rewards to hackers? Why would they want to stop? Why are you putting a band aid on a rampant problem? Solve it. Lastly work all this out in the preseason!

If you guys cant figure any of this out in preseason then why do we have a preseason?

Instead of making more quests with UC rewards for unranked warzones which are going one after another so that people would have more incentives to run unranked warzones, instead of making UC drops from chests in outlawden, from players who are defeated in open world pvp, instead of providing quests for open world pvp in different zones with UC rewards they increase UC drops for ranked in which most of the community ARE NOT INTERESTED (yeah due to statistic information only a small quantity of players are interested in ranked). The incompetence of devs is highlighted fully now. It seems pvp has a bad future in this game (not a surprise though).

THanks devs for killing your game.

• 1 month later...

Instead of continuing to beat a dead horse (instance-based pvp), why not return to what other games offer: open-world pvp. Ilum was actually fun! Running instances over and over and over again is NOT FUN. Fighting against numerous opponents to take over a planet IS.

Figure out where you went wrong with Ilum and return to a proper pvp game. Warzones are BORING and REPETITIVE.

Also, I can get more unassembled pieces in ONE operation than I can doing a full week of PVP. That, along with the above, is the REAL reason no one wants to do pvp anymore.

Instead of continuing to beat a dead horse (instance-based pvp), why not return to what other games offer: open-world pvp. Ilum was actually fun! Running instances over and over and over again is NOT FUN. Fighting against numerous opponents to take over a planet IS.

Figure out where you went wrong with Ilum and return to a proper pvp game. Warzones are BORING and REPETITIVE.

Also, I can get more unassembled pieces in ONE operation than I can doing a full week of PVP. That, along with the above, is the REAL reason no one wants to do pvp anymore.

Remember the impromptu section X battles we used to have. They were awesome.

[*]Increase incentive for Ranked Warzones to increase participation and to ensure it is being properly rewarded compared to unranked.

I've tried ranked few times and it was horrible, most toxic rude people in existence gathered into one spot.

Couldn't even pass it without turning of chat.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.