Server Recommendation

FortuneHost

So all of my characters are currently on the Jedi Covenant server but I find it is sometimes rather sparsely populated, which leaves me wondering what I will do once I get to high levels and begin playing Operations etc. Even more so as I often play later in the evening and many have gone to bed by the time I log on. I've heard that US side that Harbinger is the more active server but I thought I would perhaps ask more seasoned players their thoughts on this.

Would a server switch make sense or be beneficial, or is staying put the better option? Looking forward to the community's answers regarding the matter.

Edited by FortuneHost

If you're on the east coast and want a higher pop server and stay up later playing with others, Harbie is your choice.

I've been on Harbie for more than 3 years. One thing I've noticed (that doesn't seem as bad on EH), is there does seem to be more angry, nasty players on Harb. ;)

I'm not in a guild and I pug a lot so I'm probably not seeing the best of the server. :cool:

But there are many good players too. If you come to Harb, bring thick skin. :)

Edited by Zerileth

Harbinger (west coast) is the most populous, followed probably by Shadowlands (east coast)

Harbinger is a bit of a cesspit though. My recommendation would be start a new character on a couple servers and try them out, ask questions in fleet chat and see what the communities are like.

Harb would probable be a better fit as since its a West Coast server its primetime is maybe closer to when you get on than say an East Coast Server. It also hosts a APAC community so more people will be on outside of US Prime time than other servers which lack sizeabls othertime zone communities.

If you come to Harb, bring thick skin. :)

I used to frequent the fetid pools of 4chan... I've built up a small measure of tolerance.

Harbinger is a bit of a cesspit though.

Would you say it's a "wretched hive of scum and villainy?" ;)

Edited by FortuneHost

Except an actual community that doesn't entirely troll the hell out of each other.

You can't call the entire community of the Harbinger trolls, every batch of eggs always has a bad egg and that's the same for TEH I have seen trolling on that server.

Hmm, still new and must ask; what does this term mean? :rak_02:

APAC = Asian PACific. AKA Oceanic. These are Asians and Australians etc.

Because they are roughly 18 hours ahead of the Pacific Time Zone (PDT = UTC-8, Sydney Australia = UTC+10), there is a second "prime time" that these players fall into. When it is midnight Harbinger (or any West Coast server) time it is 6pm APAC time

But it has nothing on Harbinger

Did I say it didn't or do you have an agenda to get everyone on Harbinger. I just stated that is where I played and it has a nice community, I never mentioned Harbinger in my post. If I did please show me where I did.

You can't call the entire community of the Harbinger trolls, every batch of eggs always has a bad egg and that's the same for TEH I have seen trolling on that server.

Yes, every bad batch of eggs has a bad egg, but Harbinger has the highest percentage of "bad eggs" by far.

Harbinger IS the most populated US server, but that population apparently comes at a high price. It is also the most toxic server, with the worst server community, in the US.

There are some good people on Harbinger, but most of those using the LFG tool would not fall into that category, IMO.

Yes, every bad batch of eggs has a bad egg, but Harbinger has the highest percentage of "bad eggs" by far.

Harbinger IS the most populated US server, but that population apparently comes at a high price. It is also the most toxic server, with the worst server community, in the US.

There are some good people on Harbinger, but most of those using the LFG tool would not fall into that category, IMO.

This. That's what I meant. Of course the ENTIRE community doesn't troll each other, there are good and bad people. However, trolling is far more prevalent on Harb and there is no denying that. People and guilds are seldom trolled on TEH in a public forum the way Harb Fleet Chat does. It's pretty toxic, it feels like playing Call of Duty with a bunch of twelve year olds.

Edited by MissilyMilcasia

Says the guy not playing on Harbinger...:rolleyes:

As someone who does play on Harbinger, it's perfectly fine. There are weirdos everywhere online, Harb is not the only place that has trolls. /ignore them and move on. I currently only have credit spammers on my ignore list, not one actual player.

I've met some awesome players on this server...they outnumber the trolls exponentially.

Edited by TUXs

There are weirdos everywhere online...

Truer words never spoken...

Eventually there will be one superserver and its going to be Harbinger. Just get it over with and go there now.

Yeah, my brother plays Lord of the Rings Online, and when I saw that they started doing server mergers I couldn't help but wonder if it's a sign, a... harbinger if you will, of the beginning of the end.

Edited by FortuneHost

Says the guy not playing on Harbinger...:rolleyes:

As someone who does play on Harbinger, it's perfectly fine. There are weirdos everywhere online, Harb is not the only place that has trolls. /ignore them and move on. I currently only have credit spammers on my ignore list, not one actual player.

I've met some awesome players on this server...they outnumber the trolls exponentially.

Actually, I have stated many times before that I have characters on every US server and most of my time is spent on Harbinger, as that is where my friends and guild ended up in the last round of server merges.

I know whereof I speak.

Of course, it is all a matter of opinion. What a mature, respectful person would consider toxic, an immature, disrespectful, rude and socially unacceptable person may well consider run of the mill. Note, I am not speaking of any persons in particular, just making a general statement.

There is also the fact that some people (again not targeting any persons in particular) have a personal agenda to see more people move to Harbinger and therefore downplay the toxicity of that server, if not outright dismiss it.

Yes, there are a few good people on Harbinger, but they are few and far between, in my experience.

As I stated, there are trolls on every server, but Harbinger has, BY FAR, the highest percentage of trolls.

in fact, the largest guild on Harbinger seems to made up entirely of complete and total D-bags and A-holes. I know I have never seen anyone with that particular guild tag that was not a complete and total A-hole.

While I use the LFG tool on most US servers, I will not even think about using the LFG tool on Harbinger. IT is almost a guarantee that you will end up grouped with at least one person who's behavior is, shall we say, less than desirable.

Actually, I have stated many times before that I have characters on every US server and most of my time is spent on Harbinger, as that is where my friends and guild ended up in the last round of server merges.

I know whereof I speak.

Of course, it is all a matter of opinion. What a mature, respectful person would consider toxic, an immature, disrespectful, rude and socially unacceptable person may well consider run of the mill. Note, I am not speaking of any persons in particular, just making a general statement.

There is also the fact that some people (again not targeting any persons in particular) have a personal agenda to see more people move to Harbinger and therefore downplay the toxicity of that server, if not outright dismiss it.

Yes, there are a few good people on Harbinger, but they are few and far between, in my experience.

As I stated, there are trolls on every server, but Harbinger has, BY FAR, the highest percentage of trolls.

in fact, the largest guild on Harbinger seems to made up entirely of complete and total D-bags and A-holes. I know I have never seen anyone with that particular guild tag that was not a complete and total A-hole.

While I use the LFG tool on most US servers, I will not even think about using the LFG tool on Harbinger. IT is almost a guarantee that you will end up grouped with at least one person who's behavior is, shall we say, less than desirable.

Perhaps the problem is you then.

I don't have an issue with anyone on Harbinger. The people from that "largest guild" (no, I am not in it) have always been solid players in PvP and PvE...I've pugged with many of them many times, and never have I ever had an issue with one of them. I also use the LFG tool quite often, if not almost daily, to PuG FP's and Ops on occasion, so my experiences are not limited to just my guild.

We have had very different experiences - I have to assume that quite possibly there's a reason YOU seem to only find "A-holes".

lots of Harb love here. what side, on that server, is most populated? i have been looking for a change of pace and have been thinking of a new place to play. I had one hiatus off of EH and that was to what resulted in the Shadowlands. i believe i was merged at some point, but i dont remember the name of the first server. i have three toons on Berg Colony, but have no idea why and i dont remember ever making them...lol?