Force pull "

PsySHOK

As much fun as I do have with force push, pull would be just...so much more useful for us. The BH Hook shot is infinitely more annoying to me than anyone pushing me. It's also much easier to line up where you want people to be instead of trying to position yourself in the *****torm of glitchy laggy movement that can happen in WZ's and end up pushing someone in a completely wrong direction that you did not intend to do.

Force pull ftw.

Anyone remember why this was removed? It's ironic that a range class like the BH would get a "pull" ability and not the melee class.

Because somehow it made us impossible to kite... Then you look at the Powertech and say ***!?!

Alos the abuse that was possible with having both pull and push. This could be fixed easily by having them share a cooldown.

• 5 weeks later...

I have literally just played in a Huttball, stunned the Ball Handler by charging (Specced to stun as well) and lined up to his side to force push off the ledge so he wouldn't be able to score.

Hey, guess what?

It pushed the guy to the goal line even though I was at his side.

I've just broken my mouse and my keyboard, so I had to bust out my old ones.

*EDIT* And no, it was not "Lag" or "Delay". I pressed the button, while he was STILL STUNNED by the time I was at his side, and it just went "NO CANNOTDENY, THAT'S BAD. HE MUST SCORE AND YOU MUST LOSE" so it instead chose to launch him into the goal line. My latency was still at 4 healthy bars with 100 or so ms.

Edited by CannotDeny

Anyone remember why this was removed? It's ironic that a range class like the BH would get a "pull" ability and not the melee class.

It was removed because it apparently made us 4m range tanks impossible to kite. Yet it is ok that a PT tank gets push, pull and speed boost....on top of having range abilities.

I wanted this but with the change to Force Push recharging Charge instantly and now talk of them speeding up leap itself - it'd be only useful in PVE where threat is much needed for Jugg as MT. At which point, without giving the character one extra skill, I don't know what could be taken out to be replaced by it. IMO, we don't need it. Edited by tXHereticXt

It was removed because it apparently made us 4m range tanks impossible to kite. Yet it is ok that a PT tank gets push, pull and speed boost....on top of having range abilities.

Where do PTs get push? Where do they get a speed boost? They have pull AND leap, that's true, but not push and no speed boost (that's Assassins). And their range abilities are pretty weak, they are just as much a melee class as Juggernauts, if they want to put out effective damage.

Where do PTs get push? Where do they get a speed boost? They have pull AND leap, that's true, but not push and no speed boost (that's Assassins). And their range abilities are pretty weak, they are just as much a melee class as Juggernauts, if they want to put out effective damage.

Not a push persae but they do have an ae knockback that works on weak/normal mobs. The speed comes from the 5th tier talent called jet charge.

As for their range abilities... I held aggro on a boss mob from 75% on with nothing but rapid shots (aka auto attack) They are not just as much a melee class as juggs are. I also held aggro on 2 turrets from range. I did that because they knock you back all over if in melee range. You could not do that with a jugg. I have 11 skills that are ranged and 4 skills that are melee. I am only 30 atm but there is a definate advantage with a BH over a Jugg.

*EDIT* And no, it was not "Lag" or "Delay". I pressed the button, while he was STILL STUNNED by the time I was at his side, and it just went "NO CANNOTDENY, THAT'S BAD. HE MUST SCORE AND YOU MUST LOSE" so it instead chose to launch him into the goal line. My latency was still at 4 healthy bars with 100 or so ms.

He was out of sync with the server. This happens all the time to all other classes as well.

Sometimes as Operative I would knock someone down, try to follow up with an attack, but it would fail and say out of range. Then, they would come out of CC and move, and re-sync with the server and appear elsewhere. Same thing happens with other abilities as well.

It's a game problem, between engine and server and client. It's not lag or delay, it's a sync issue.

I, too, would like to see the return of Pull to Juggernauts. I think that all Jedi and Sith should have both Push and Pull. It's really that simple.

But out of all that could really use it, Juggernauts and Guardians truly stand out.

He was out of sync with the server. This happens all the time to all other classes as well.

Sometimes as Operative I would knock someone down, try to follow up with an attack, but it would fail and say out of range. Then, they would come out of CC and move, and re-sync with the server and appear elsewhere. Same thing happens with other abilities as well.

It's a game problem, between engine and server and client. It's not lag or delay, it's a sync issue.

The reason as to why it happened is relatively irrelevant. The end of is that it's not a dependable mechanic.

Not a push persae but they do have an ae knockback that works on weak/normal mobs. The speed comes from the 5th tier talent called jet charge.

As for their range abilities... I held aggro on a boss mob from 75% on with nothing but rapid shots (aka auto attack) They are not just as much a melee class as juggs are. I also held aggro on 2 turrets from range. I did that because they knock you back all over if in melee range. You could not do that with a jugg. I have 11 skills that are ranged and 4 skills that are melee. I am only 30 atm but there is a definate advantage with a BH over a Jugg.

No offense, but either you were the only one attacking or you are just flat out lying if you want us to believe you tanked something for 3/4 of a fight using auto attack. It's just not possible, unless (as i said) you were the only one attacking it.

Most of your 11 skills that are ranged are base BH skills from 1-10 and just about all but Rail Shot are useless to a Powertech.

Edit: And the knock-back on weak/standard is pointless in anything in the game that matters, since strong/boss/players are immune to it. Yeah the speed boost comes as a skill, which also requires the skill to be able to leap in -- both of which require serious dedication to the tanking tree. Both of which also support their role as a primarily melee-focused class.

I will admit, it would be nice if Juggernauts could get a speed boost after leaping like that. Rage Juggs get a similar bonus to their Obliterate, which is also a skill ability -- so it's pretty similar. And Unstoppable is superior since there's nothing to stop a Powertech from simply being locked down for 4 seconds after a jump. Really just Immortal Juggernauts that could use a little boost after leaping.

Edited by Darthshnooky

No offense, but either you were the only one attacking or you are just flat out lying if you want us to believe you tanked something for 3/4 of a fight using auto attack. It's just not possible, unless (as i said) you were the only one attacking it.

You call me a liar but say no offense. Sorry but I take a serious offense to calling me a liar. I tanked the last boss of cademimu with auto attack from 75% on. I did it just to see what would happen because I also happend to do it on turret mobs throughout the instance. Did that because I hate being knocked around every 10 secs. You can call me a liar all you want but you can ask my groupmates... who I told I was going to test that very thing... just before the pull. We all got a laugh out of it because I work my *** off to hold aggro with my level 50, almost fully geared, jugg.

Powertechs do NOT get a knockback. Or a push. Of ANY kind. EVER. You are confusing a Powertech with a Mercenary. And Mercenaries do not get a jump or charge of any kind. Ever. You must have had a Mercenary Powertech, probably with a 31/31/31 build.

And the reason a PT can hold aggro relatively well with autoshot is because of Cylinder procs, which add extra effects to shots.

Another reason PT has an easier time tanking is because their tanking stance has NO downside, whatsoever. Jugg downside is you generate less rage in Soresu. Sin downside is they do 5% less damage while in Dark Charge stance. But PT Ion Cylinder has zero downside to it. Which I find pretty unfair.

Edited by Sabbathius

You call me a liar but say no offense. Sorry but I take a serious offense to calling me a liar. I tanked the last boss of cademimu with auto attack from 75% on. I did it just to see what would happen because I also happend to do it on turret mobs throughout the instance. Did that because I hate being knocked around every 10 secs. You can call me a liar all you want but you can ask my groupmates... who I told I was going to test that very thing... just before the pull. We all got a laugh out of it because I work my *** off to hold aggro with my level 50, almost fully geared, jugg.

Well, i'll just have to try it myself then -- were you at level when you did that? Were your groupmates at level? Full four-man group? What were their ACs? I just want to know all the variables here so I can try to reproduce it as accurately as possible. And you're Shield Tech spec?

Powertechs do NOT get a knockback. Or a push. Of ANY kind. EVER. You are confusing a Powertech with a Mercenary. And Mercenaries do not get a jump or charge of any kind. Ever. You must have had a Mercenary Powertech, probably with a 31/31/31 build.

And the reason a PT can hold aggro relatively well with autoshot is because of Cylinder procs, which add extra effects to shots.

Another reason PT has an easier time tanking is because their tanking stance has NO downside, whatsoever. Jugg downside is you generate less rage in Soresu. Sin downside is they do 5% less damage while in Dark Charge stance. But PT Ion Cylinder has zero downside to it. Which I find pretty unfair.

Don't forget all the AoE they have that makes it much easier to tank.

The knockbacks come from the missle shots... again, I stated that yes they only work on weak/normal mobs but they do exist.

I agree with what you are saying about the cylinders.

Well, i'll just have to try it myself then -- were you at level when you did that? Were your groupmates at level? Full four-man group? What were their ACs? I just want to know all the variables here so I can try to reproduce it as accurately as possible. And you're Shield Tech spec?

We were all 28 - 30. I am shield tech spec in full. We had an inquis in lightning, we had a melee IA and an IA healer. Sorry, I am not familiar with the IA trees so I cannot tell you what spec they are. Only thing I can tell you is one was the healer and the other had stealth so I assume was meleish.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.