Discussion Topic: Bolster Changes in PvP

EricMusco

it's sad to see an official topic with 70 pages and not even a dev post/answer...they prefer answer some irrelevant questions and requests in general section...

old tracer missile animation is more important.

Edited by Thaladan

• Replies 850
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That makes no sense at all there are so many players who's main gaming hours are between Saturday and Sunday you cannot ruin the fun for the many, many players who play correctly for the few that don't.

Doesn't need to be both days... but regardless it's not even the weekend and it's happening mid week. The event doesn't need to go this long. I'd prefer they split into smaller segments than one big block of time like s week.

That makes no sense at all there are so many players who's main gaming hours are between Saturday and Sunday you cannot ruin the fun for the many, many players who play correctly for the few that don't.

Collecting CXP is not fun, it's a requirement and symptom of a ****** system.

In a better system you wouldn't have to worry about CXP and thus not have to worry about events that attract the sort of people the previous poster mentioned.

Ok so we have established with this thread that there's not going to be a way to satisfy everyone with one system that tries to compromise. Furthermore I think it's safe to say that just changing bolster, even if it's done 100% to the best possible compromise imaginable, isn't going to bring back players that have gone on to other games. I think the best case scenario that anyone can hope to accomplish here is to stop the bleeding.

So why not take it a step further? Right now the pvp cue is divided up into three tiers and ranked but none of those tiers have anything to do with a player's skill or how much they want to be challenged, or how much work they want to put into competing against other players except of course for ranked. So why not change the tiers to account for those things instead of just hacking everyone into a group based on what level they are which has nothing to do with anything? That's what I have to wonder.

For example what if there was a "tactical" cue which basically would eliminate any advantage a player gets from things like gear, datacrons, companion bonuses, etc. Then you have what is now regs, and you can get a little more aggressive with the bolster because guess what there's actually an alternative for people who aren't yet geared. Then of course you have ranked which... shouldn't even need a bolster should it? Just let that go as high as whatever the highest tier is and let it be the most competitive cue of the three.

So of course if you have a tactical cue there would need to be some way of compensating for super low level players... maybe level scaling to actually bring high level players down to size a bit? I would say level scale to 20 and don't allow players to join wz's till they are level 20 just to throw something out there. Also what about having the bolstered cue include levels 60 - 69 as well as 70?

Seems like this would give the player a lot of choice as well as opening pvp up to a lot of people who really can't get involved with it right now while also catering to people who do want their elitist gear grind involved. At the moment people have no choice except to just not play and unfortunately a lot of people have exercised their option to move on to something else. Is changing bolster without doing anything else going to make that big a difference to those people? You tell me.

Nothing regarding Bolster in Keith's 5.4 changes

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=928103

I knew this thread was a waste of time and just a big toxic bomb that would be ignored. I'm sure they only started it and also put it in the pvp section so we'd stop discussing it in multiple threads in the general forum section.

😡😡😡😡

And they wonder why people are still unsubbing.

Nothing's changed since keith took over... its business as usual behind the scenes...

Collecting CXP is not fun, it's a requirement and symptom of a ****** system.

In a better system you wouldn't have to worry about CXP and thus not have to worry about events that attract the sort of people the previous poster mentioned.

CXP isnt a requirement. That way of thinking is the biggest deterrent of you enjoying the cxp system. All of the other ways of getting gear are still in game, CXP is just another alternative way.

And as for all of the threats people make to unsub, it is nothing new and people have been both threatening and unsubbing since the game began, so I doubt they really even care because one thing Im certain they learned long ago is that you can't please everyone.

Edited by olagatonjedi

CXP isnt a requirement. That way of thinking is the biggest deterrent of you enjoying the cxp system. All of the other ways of getting gear are still in game, CXP is just another alternative way.

And as for all of the threats people make to unsub, it is nothing new and people have been both threatening and unsubbing since the game began, so I doubt they really even care because one thing Im certain they learned long ago is that you can't please everyone.

CXP isn't a requirement of the cxp system? Huh?

People threaten all the time, many follow through with it it would seem or we wouldn't be at the sorry state of population we are currently at.

keep telling yourself that, then look at the server loads and que times. A lot of people HAVE left the game. That is an undeniable fact.

CXP isn't a requirement of the cxp system? Huh?

huh?

People threaten all the time, many follow through with it it would seem or we wouldn't be at the sorry state of population we are currently at.

I know. Many more people have quit during the old system than have quit recently. Without even looking at numbers, I can guarantee you that.

Nothing regarding Bolster in Keith's 5.4 changes

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=928103

I knew this thread was a waste of time and just a big toxic bomb that would be ignored. I'm sure they only started it and also put it in the pvp section so we'd stop discussing it in multiple threads in the general forum section.

😡😡😡😡

And they wonder why people are still unsubbing.

Nothing's changed since keith took over... its business as usual behind the scenes...

It would be suicide for a Dev to post in this thread :D

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=928103&page=24

Hate to say it, but read Keith's post there in the context of all the time we spent asking for some input in this thread. Either he made a huge oversight, or they aren't reading this thread. If we want a pvp update we'll have to migrate the discussion over to the road map thread.

Not sure why they even bothered making the thread... wasted everyone's time and caused a few fights along the way.

one month 71 pages, not a dev post. even when some players proposed other solutions (like 250 bolster)

let's talk about bolster...yeah lol.

The Devs never say they will have a discussion WITH US, I think its more of a case of let the players do the discussions themselves while Bioware look on and take notes, the discussions are not supposed to be directed by the devs but rather be a bit more free-form.

Edited by Jedi_riches

The Devs never say they will have a discussion WITH US, I think its more of a case of let the players do the discussions themselves while Bioware look on and take notes, the discussions are not supposed to be directed by the devs but rather be a bit more free-form.

It does take time to read through the pages. It always starts with good posts and discussions but then later on goes into arguments and so on.

After a few pages it settles down again and so on. So getting through this and the other threads at the same time, make a report, analysis and forward it in a meaningful form to management takes time.